PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Forrest vs. Ike Quartey

Matt Boone
07-27-2006, 03:06 PM
From www.FightNews.com

"Fighters participating in the big August 5th DiBella Entertainment HBO show at the Madison Square Garden Theater spoke to the media today. "There is no way I can lose this fight," confidently stated Ike Quartey (37-2-1, 31 KOs), who faces former world champion Vernon Forrest in the headliner. "He's never fought someone like Ike Quartey." Forrest (37-2, 28 KOs) vowed that he would win this fight, and said isn't looking ahead to anything past Ike. Promoter Lou DiBella stated that if Quartey wins, he's looking to match him against Shane Mosley, Oscar De La Hoya or Floyd Mayweather. Junior middleweight Sechew "Iron Horse" Powell (20-0, 12 KOs) who is challenging former world champion and #1 world rated Kassim Ouma (24-2-1, 15 KOs) in the opener said he is very confident that he will come out victorious. Powell acknowledged that this is a big step up in class, but he's ready to take his place among the elite in the 154lb division. DiBella also mentioned that tickets prices ($255, $155, $105, $55 and $35) were purposely set very low by New York City standards."

Luis Cruz
07-27-2006, 03:52 PM
ok fight but its two guys trying to put their names back in the top list, nothing more. so it doesn't excite me all that much.

Matt Boone
07-28-2006, 02:35 AM
Yeah it's like a smaller version of Vargas-Mosley I.

Afro
08-04-2006, 01:06 AM
im excited to see Vernon fight again, I think he should win this one