PDA

View Full Version : Corrales-Casamayor III

Matt Boone
07-27-2006, 10:07 PM
From www.FightNews.com

"The October 7 world title rubbermatch between WBC lightweight champion Diego Corrales and former world champion Joel Casamayor, to be televised live on Showtime Championship Boxing, will likely land in Las Vegas."

Luis Cruz
07-27-2006, 10:50 PM
on friday night fights a couple weeks ago casamayor and his people were calling out corrales who was in the studio after casamayors fight, in which he wasn't that impressive. corrales kept saying go win a belt so you can bring something to the table, he sounded as if he wanted nothing to do with that fight because much like i think its pointless right now. but apprarently he couldn't get anyone else for then so there you have it, casamayor's ass whooping about to happen.

Matt Boone
07-28-2006, 09:36 AM
I dunno I haven't seen Casamayor since the Corrales fights so I'm not sure what to make. Back during his two fights with Corrales he seemed like a worthy opponent, I don't know why he wouldn't be now.

Luis Cruz
07-28-2006, 07:18 PM
I dunno I haven't seen Casamayor since the Corrales fights so I'm not sure what to make. Back during his two fights with Corrales he seemed like a worthy opponent, I don't know why he wouldn't be now.

He's not the same. He's obviously declining in his career, he escaped with a draw a little while ago against Almazbek Raiymkulov, in a fight i had him losing. Then he faced a couple no names in which he won by stoppage but even still wasn't impressive up until those points in the fight. Corrales should handle him with relative ease unless those Castillo fights took a toll on him and it catches up to him now.

BTW in another topic, i dropped some dough on the Prince for his fight tomorrow night against Roy Jones Jr. Roy looks like Tyson did now, Tyson kept on getting great odds even though he wasn't winning and looked horrible, so i think he'll get upset and the odds for a ko or decision by Prince were too good to pass up.