PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson vs Rocky Marciano what if?

oscar
07-13-2007, 10:30 AM
What you think would have happened on a fight between these 2 great punchers??

I say Tyson by ko on round 7

Adambomb
07-13-2007, 03:39 PM
You can't really compare guys from different era's like this. If they ever actually fought Tyson would destroy Marciano simply because he was so much bigger and stronger. If you compare them to the fighters of their era then Marciano was FAR greater than Tyson. But if you actually used a time machine and had them fight Tyson would KO Rocky. Marciano didn't weight much over 200 whereas Tyson typically fought around 220.

Punk Ass
07-13-2007, 03:46 PM
You can't really compare guys from different era's like this. If they ever actually fought Tyson would destroy Marciano simply because he was so much bigger and stronger. If you compare them to the fighters of their era then Marciano was FAR greater than Tyson. But if you actually used a time machine and had them fight Tyson would KO Rocky. Marciano didn't weight much over 200 whereas Tyson typically fought around 220.

Your right, I wonder why HWs were so small at that time. :confusedsmilie:

Adambomb
07-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Your right, I wonder why HWs were so small at that time. :confusedsmilie:

It's because people were just smaller in general. There weren't as many people on the Earth so there weren't as many heavyweights.

Punk Ass
07-13-2007, 04:27 PM
It's because people were just smaller in general. There weren't as many people on the Earth so there weren't as many heavyweights.

Don't know if I'm buying that. I don't know if it's been such a surge of reproduction that the size of Human beings in the past 40 years dwarfs that of the past 50,000 years before, unless there is something in the water.

Severn
07-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Don't know if I'm buying that. I don't know if it's been such a surge of reproduction that the size of Human beings in the past 40 years dwarfs that of the past 50,000 years before, unless there is something in the water.

I'm thinking there is. I think there is something added in everything we eat and drink that wasn't in there generations before us. I'm not a nutritionist but the fuels our bodies intake aren't the same our fathers used.

bradlee180
07-13-2007, 10:09 PM
There have always been LOTS of big men in boxing, as big as modern heavyweights. The huge men usually didn't get far in boxing, usually being beaten by smaller, faster, more skillful, harder-hitting heavyweights. Most of these huge men never got into the top 10.

6'6", 246 lb Big Jess Willard and 6'5", 260 lb Primo Carnera are 2 big men that won the title, but the Mafia fixed Carnera's fights all the way to the title, and Big Jess won against an old, past-his-prime Jack Johnson, only to be absolutely DESTROYED by a 6'1", 180 lb PRIME Dempsey. Lennox Lewis is the ONLY big man who was ever any good. Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Ali, Jack Johnson, 167 lb Bob Fitzsimmons, ALL routinely KO'd huge men.

Punk Ass
07-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Lennox Lewis is the ONLY big man who was ever any good.

Your forgeting about the Klits. bros. They're about the same size as Lewis.

I would sare to say the bigger boxers today are more athletic then the past. I have no facts to base this on but Lennox Lewis, Riddick Bowe, and Ray Mercer all have Olypic Gold medals and they are all huge, with the exception of maybe Mercer but he's still well over 200lb.

bradlee180
07-13-2007, 10:38 PM
"Your forgeting about the Klits. bros - harlemhustla145"
I'm not forgetting ANYTHING; the Klitschkos are no F-ing good, they're simply the least bad of the worst crop of heavyweights in history.

"I have no facts to base this on -harlemhustla145"
That's exactly right as Bowe has NO gold medal, basically quitting against Lennox Lewis at the Olympics.

Punk Ass
07-13-2007, 11:00 PM
"Your forgeting about the Klits. bros - harlemhustla145"
I'm not forgetting ANYTHING; the Klitschkos are no F-ing good, they're simply the least bad of the worst crop of heavyweights in history.

"I have no facts to base this on -harlemhustla145"
That's exactly right as Bowe has NO gold medal, basically quitting against Lennox Lewis at the Olympics.

Oh! Well he was still a great boxer IMO.

Afro
07-14-2007, 12:49 AM
Rocky Marciano was an innovator, but he has how many great wins? just good wins over great boxers past there prime

what made Marciano great was his training, he pushed around a 300 lb punching bag so he hit harder then most HWs at that time

Tyson.. whole nother level then what Marciano was back in the day, Tyson hit hard and with amazing speed, he was just 10 x the athlete Marciano was and when your pairing puncher vs puncher that really matters

Tyson would beat Rocky

Battlecage Xtreme
07-14-2007, 05:37 AM
Oh! Well he was still a great boxer IMO.

Was and still attempting to be. He is stepping back in the ring August 3rd in Kentucky vs Paul Phillips. Guess he has been watchin Evander Holyfields comeback

Salvy_Mic
07-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Serious, Tyson's stepping back in the ring? I don't know if that's such a good idea, did you see the way he sounded Wednesday night on ESPN? Didn't sound good at all, the punch drunkness is starting to get to him.

Anyway, I generally agree that Tyson would beat Marciano, but it'd be an absolute dogfight. Marciano had an adamantium chin and I would probably say that Tyson wouldn't be able to handle Marciano's power if he got caught by one of Rocky's big bombs. However, that's all dependant on whether or not Marciano would be able to catch Tyson, who had a boxing technique advantage, as well as size and speed. Even for back then, Marciano was a small heavyweight, Walcott, Charles, and Louis were all bigger than him. Marciano's biggest weapons though have always been his toughness, his incredible power, strength, durability, and a heart that's only matched by Frazier and Holyfield.

Punk Ass
07-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Serious, Tyson's stepping back in the ring? I don't know if that's such a good idea, did you see the way he sounded Wednesday night on ESPN? Didn't sound good at all, the punch drunkness is starting to get to him.

Lol, he was talking about Riddick Bowe. But, I do agree Tyson sounded terrible.

matto
07-16-2007, 02:42 AM
hard to have guys fight from that distance in time. rocky won like what 100 fights? back then they fought much more often and even the best today couldnt do that. but it was in a different time period. i wonder who would win in ali vs. holyfield that would be great. or lewis vs. bowe, since they are both around the same size. dont think that rocky has faced anybody like tyson in the past, but i dont really know. too long ago.

matto
07-16-2007, 02:44 AM
Rocky Marciano was an innovator, but he has how many great wins? just good wins over great boxers past there prime

what made Marciano great was his training, he pushed around a 300 lb punching bag so he hit harder then most HWs at that time

Tyson.. whole nother level then what Marciano was back in the day, Tyson hit hard and with amazing speed, he was just 10 x the athlete Marciano was and when your pairing puncher vs puncher that really matters

Tyson would beat Rocky

yes the both hit hard as hell, but tyson was more explosive. its bs i want a 300 pound heavy bag, where can i get one?:sadsmile1:

Afro
07-16-2007, 02:46 AM
yes the both hit hard as hell, but tyson was more explosive. its bs i want a 300 pound heavy bag, where can i get one?:sadsmile1:
He made it himself

matto
07-16-2007, 03:17 AM
a 150 pound can grow on you. at first it was nice and all, now i can just beat it around, and shit. i wonder where i can find a blueprint to make such a large bag or even bigger? maybe even 400 or 500 pounds. also do u think that would create problems for the celing holiding up the bag?

Punk Ass
07-16-2007, 03:55 AM
hard to have guys fight from that distance in time. rocky won like what 100 fights?

True, but not him. He's only W 49 (43 ko's) | L 0 | D 0 | Total 49

eazye76
07-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Like somebody said earlier, it's hard to compare two diffrent era's with the advancement in training, and nutrition. That being said Tyson in his prime, before jail, would be too much for Rocky. Right now Tyson couldn't make it past the 6th round w/ him - KO or Tyson would just quit.

bugsy n
07-21-2007, 10:37 AM
marciano and italien mob by ko ....no but for real in a match both in there prime i say tyson