PDA

View Full Version : California Wrestling Hall of Fame

Palma
07-13-2007, 06:47 PM
I found this and I thought it was cool what MMA fighters were great California wrestlers and placed a nationals at lease once:

Tony DaSouza
Dan Henderson
Cung Le
Greg Jackson

http://www.wrestlingusa.com/003%20wusa%20web%20root/wusahalloffame/California%20Hall%20of%20Fame/californiaindex.html

You can also see Tito's two state titles

Best California High School Wrestlers (IMO):
Stephen Abas
Gery Abas
Eric Gerrero
Jacob Palimino
Ricky Palimino jr.
Ricky Palimino Sr.
Darrel Vasquez (first and only 4 time California state Champ)
Jason Welch

Thaistylist
07-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Good list Cael

Gmunit
07-17-2007, 10:18 PM
I never knew Cung Le had a wrestling background, i thought his ground gme was non-existant, makes a little more sense as to why Fryluk (sp?) didn't try and take him down

neonatural45
07-17-2007, 10:35 PM
I never knew Cung Le had a wrestling background, i thought his ground gme was non-existant, makes a little more sense as to why Fryluk (sp?) didn't try and take him down

Thats why he so damn good at Shan Shou, he used his wrestling to throw those kickboxer's like rag dolls. Also he is supposed to have some of the best takedown D in mma

Palma
07-17-2007, 11:16 PM

He took 8th at nationals for Greco. That's pretty damn good. I've heard he also has a sick BJJ game.

neonatural45
07-18-2007, 12:49 AM
He took 8th at nationals for Greco. That's pretty damn good. I've heard he also has a sick BJJ game.

I think he either has a blue belt or a purple belt. Either way he is a dangerous fighter, and if he was only a little younger he could easily dominate the division

Ramma
07-18-2007, 07:39 AM

I knew he had a background.. I just never knew it was the good.

Nice find man