PDA

View Full Version : Idea's to make rep points mean more.

Punk Ass
07-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Personally, I like the rep system and I think there could be more ways to make rep points mean something besides getting into the vid section.

1 Maybe 100 reps to get instant access to Noob TV

2 More V Bookie money for better rep.

3 Poster of the month who gets there pix plastered on the main site :grinsmile1:

4 Ban immunity

5 eventual mod consideration

Any ideas?

BTW, I accually find it amusing to see new members beg for rep points and think it should go up to 50 points for vid section rights. I know that wrong, sorry. :devil:

drop toe hold
07-14-2007, 06:22 PM
i hate the new assholes who beg for rep, lately its gotten crazy, i think anybody who asks should automatically be put at -50 points

Noob
07-14-2007, 06:36 PM
I've been neg repping the guys begging for rep lately. It's getting old.

teshore
07-14-2007, 06:39 PM
I've been neg repping the guys begging for rep lately. It's getting old.

i think thats great, and i also think it should 50 or higher, but its not just the people asking for it, its the people that are actually rep-ing them

2mcgrath
07-15-2007, 06:57 AM
yeah i ive seen i dont know at the threads lately begging for rep,i think if you are begging for rep then you should get a warning first time and next time a ban,or -75 rep or something to cut down on the beggers.because the people that are begging for the rep are more than likely not gonna contribute to the site anyway,they are just here for the vids otherwise they wouldnt be begging for rep

killerinstinct
07-15-2007, 07:36 AM
I think the rep system is stupid and proves nothing. I think it's very sherdoggish, I mean what are we going to have next little belts by our names?

matto
07-15-2007, 10:50 AM
wow havenet seen you post in a while killer. hows good ol Brain Wilkerson doing?

strife
07-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Rep is fine how it is.

Monsterman
07-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Donīt really care about the rep system but it could lead to situation where people donīt write their own opinions but the most popular ones.

"And that was the first time i sucked cock for rep."

SimpleJack
07-15-2007, 05:27 PM
I think the rep system is stupid and proves nothing. I think it's very sherdoggish, I mean what are we going to have next little belts by our names?
Oh yeah, I really like the idea of a little belt by my name......

Bullock
07-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Not bad ideas.

JPeezy
07-17-2007, 04:27 AM
Negative rep should be for flaming, way off topic threads, racism, etc...

Unfortunately people pass it around for posting opposite or unpopular opinions...

neonatural45
07-17-2007, 06:26 AM

Unfortunately people pass it around for posting opposite or unpopular opinions...

let it go man, I am willing to forget the whole bitchfit and take you seriously as a poster

Gmunit
07-17-2007, 04:17 PM

there's a big difference between unpopular or difference of opinions, and being a jackass and trolling for an arguement (not saying you in particular)

if you diagree with someone in a civilized fashion, you won't get neg rep'd, its when you start off like "You're a fucking idiot, Chuck is gonna beat Rampage......" or "How the fuck can you not like Diego...." etc.

mcptfc2007
07-17-2007, 07:50 PM
i have been looking at this forum for a couple of months now, however at the beginning i would hardly ever make posts, but i liked looking at peoples opinion on mma, as i was just becoming a big fan and learning more, i have also been 2 a ufc event b4, ufc 72 and am goin 2 ufc 75 as well, which i now will be more than some of the people on this forum who have never been 2 an event,

i posted 2 new news messages in the last week after the video section was changed 2 being a hidden forum that u could only access if u had more than 30 rep points, and i put rep me at the end of it, i did not have any rep points because i had not posted alot but i do look at this forum at least 1 time per day,now i have ended up with negitive rep points which i dont think is fair because i just wanted 2 be able 2 use the video section again, now i am not even aloud 2 post new topics as well

Clint
07-17-2007, 08:12 PM
i have been looking at this forum for a couple of months now, however at the beginning i would hardly ever make posts, but i liked looking at peoples opinion on mma, as i was just becoming a big fan and learning more, i have also been 2 a ufc event b4, ufc 72 and am goin 2 ufc 75 as well, which i now will be more than some of the people on this forum who have never been 2 an event,

i posted 2 new news messages in the last week after the video section was changed 2 being a hidden forum that u could only access if u had more than 30 rep points, and i put rep me at the end of it, i did not have any rep points because i had not posted alot but i do look at this forum at least 1 time per day,now i have ended up with negitive rep points which i dont think is fair because i just wanted 2 be able 2 use the video section again, now i am not even aloud 2 post new topics as well

In this case all of your negative reps came form that one post and you didn't seem to know better, so I'll cut you a break and bring you back up to 10 where you started but just remember that asking for rep tends to hurt more than help.

mcptfc2007
07-17-2007, 08:34 PM
In this case all of your negative reps came form that one post and you didn't seem to know better, so I'll cut you a break and bring you back up to 10 where you started but just remember that asking for rep tends to hurt more than help.

thanks alot mate i will stop doing it