PDA

View Full Version : Rep before making new threads

neonatural45
07-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Ok, there are about 8 threads on this site where the thread maker creates a decent topic and then after asking the question asks for rep. What the hell is that about? I think posters need to have a rep over 30 to create new threads, not just after pay per views.

thebwit
07-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Ok, there are about 8 threads on this site where the thread maker creates a decent topic and then after asking the question asks for rep. What the hell is that about? I think posters need to have a rep over 30 to create new threads, not just after pay per views.

I totally agree. This is starting to drive me crazy. I hardly ever leave the main forum, but DAMN! The rep system is great, and I stand by it. When I didn't have enough to view the vids, I pointed out that "I" needed to get my rep up. I know I am somewhat of a lackluster poster, but I knew that I was the one who had control over it.

Man this is driving me crazy.

Legend
07-14-2007, 10:16 PM
I actually like this idea. Assholes who are here just for the vid section are making threads just so they can beg for rep. Plus it will help decrease the troll threads even more which is always a good thing.

Dan0
07-14-2007, 11:05 PM
The explanation for the rep system needs to be in the FAQ's. When a member starts asking for rep or wanting to know how it works they should be directed to the FAQ's that explain it. Then if they do something dumb, they will show that they've made no effort on how to fit in around here. The FAQ's should be read by all members. There should be something to make it mandatory reading before posting/starting threads.

Yea, it's become annoying.

Frasedog
08-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Here's the flipside. I've been a member of the forum for a long time, and I contribute regularly. Now I have a question/discussion I want to bring up in the "nutrition/training" forum, and I can't. Pretty shitty if you ask me!

Clint
08-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Here's the flipside. I've been a member of the forum for a long time, and I contribute regularly. Now I have a question/discussion I want to bring up in the "nutrition/training" forum, and I can't. Pretty shitty if you ask me!
Make it in noob jack city and it will probably get moved for you.

Clint
08-07-2007, 10:10 PM
The explanation for the rep system needs to be in the FAQ's. When a member starts asking for rep or wanting to know how it works they should be directed to the FAQ's that explain it. Then if they do something dumb, they will show that they've made no effort on how to fit in around here. The FAQ's should be read by all members. There should be something to make it mandatory reading before posting/starting threads.

Yea, it's become annoying.
The explanation is in the faq/rules

I might just censor the fucking word rep, so that no one can ask for it.

Frasedog
08-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Make it in noob jack city and it will probably get moved for you.
Will do.