PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Morrison calls out Mike Tyson

Matt Boone
07-28-2006, 07:48 PM
From www.FightNews.com

"Former heavyweight contender Tommy "The Duke" Morrison, fresh off his announced comeback, has already made it clear which fighter he wants to step into the ring with, calling out former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson. Although Morrison has yet be licensed in any state, and Tyson has announced his retirement, Morrison feels confident that the fight could take place. "I called Mike Tyson and spoken to him on several occasions," commented Morrison through his executive personal assistant, Susan Schaffer Martin. However, Martin did confirm that "they have yet to sit down and discuss a fight." Morrison added that he was "afraid that Mike has gotten too slow and lazy in his retirement playing with his pigeons. After all a retired boxer has to have a hobby, pigeons give un-conditional love." Morrison also added fuel to the fire by claiming that he was thinking of buying "a homing pigeon and sending over a message that we are serving squab for dinner." Morrison appeared close to a fight against Tyson in the late 1990s, shortly after signing a three fight deal with Don King. However his career was derailed by a failed HIV test, a test team Morrison now claims was erroneous."

....K-1, make it happen.

Alvin
07-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Are you kidding me?!?!?

Has-been Tyson Vs never-quite-was Morrison, who want's to see that?

It sounds like Morrison is broke & needs to make a few bucks quick, but everyone knows they're spent fighters.

Taking the piss out of Tyson's pigeons? That's some desperate trash talk!!

What's next Morrison wanting to fight Foreman by buying a different type of grill & saying it's better?!?!?!?

Give me a break.

Anthony
07-29-2006, 05:47 PM
I smell K1 all over this.

supermark21
07-30-2006, 10:02 PM
theyre both done. mikes crazy and will try to take the fight. i just hope someone talks sense to him before he embarasses himself

Afro
08-04-2006, 07:04 AM
ill pay to see it

Howie
08-05-2006, 06:16 AM
isnt tommy morrison HIV positive? i wouldnt risk it....he could always just try an get in another rocky movie if they make a rocky 7 after rocky balboa...though he did get his ass kicked in rocky 5 lol

paintstik
08-06-2006, 07:30 PM
I thought he had HIV too, but according to what was posted that test was erroneous...:confusedsmilie:

Luis Cruz
08-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Yea there was always false positives that they learned about but back then they weren't so big so people that came up positive automatically had it. That's what he's claiming happened to him and it's very possible because i don't ever remembering him having any sort of symptoms at anytime it's just strange it took him this long to say something.

steelebone
08-06-2006, 08:08 PM
I grew up in KC and Tommy is a family friend. He did some time for possession of blow and he's hurting for cash a little. He's seen his better days but he still has a massive left hook, he'd KO Mike early. He's suing the Nevada st. Athletic Comm. for 40 million.

Howie
08-07-2006, 01:54 AM
for what

LethalStriker
08-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Would this many people really care about Tommy if he hadn't been in Rocky V?

Alvin
08-07-2006, 09:03 PM
I couldn't care less about Morrison in Rocky in all honesty.

All I know was that he was one of the HW contenders at the time of his positive test & since that came out his carear as good as ended.

If it is the case that the NSAC got his test results wrong then yeah, he should sue them. He may not have made $40m in the ring, but I would imagine hearing that kind of news his whole life pretty much would come crashing down. Hope he gets it.

Still don't want to see him back in the ring though!

Maniac
08-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Wouldn't there have been MULTIPLE tests?! I live in KC, I have never heard that the tests were ERRONEOUS!!!

Luis Cruz
08-26-2006, 11:37 PM
Wouldn't there have been MULTIPLE tests?! I live in KC, I have never heard that the tests were ERRONEOUS!!!

There are false positives in HIV tests and back then i don't think too many people knew so if you were positive you were positive. Today better technology and whatnot is probably a lot more accurate. But it was a pretty long time, this should've been known a long time i'll give you that.

tyson2481
08-28-2006, 05:29 PM
I would pay to see it as well but i can gaurentee it will never happen....

duran
09-05-2006, 11:05 PM
What is Tommy Morrison suing for? The false positive?
In theory, you test positive for HIV - don't you get continued treatment and periodic tests to see if you are still positive/T-cell count/antibody count/ check your (fill in the blank) count? This really sounds fishy to me. You mean to tell me that after years and years of thinking he is HIV positive, he just now finds out?

If it is all true and the guy is not positive, he should turn religious. Talk about getting delivered from evil...

Remember back in their primes Tyson said that Morrison was the kind of guy who he would make would wash his (Tyson's) underwear in prison?

Punk Ass
09-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Come on now. Even though Mike isn't mike anymore, where talking about an old fighter in Tommy who hasn't had a fights since the 90's I say tyson knocks him out in the first 30 seconds.

duran
09-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Come on now. Even though Mike isn't mike anymore, where talking about an old fighter in Tommy who hasn't had a fights since the 90's I say tyson knocks him out in the first 30 seconds.
You know what? You are probably right and Tommy Morrison wouldn't care much. Just get out of his way after the fight, because he will be sprinting to the bank to cash his check...

Punk Ass
09-08-2006, 12:46 AM
You know what? You are probably right and Tommy Morrison wouldn't care much. Just get out of his way after the fight, because he will be sprinting to the bank to cash his check...

:lmfao: