PDA

View Full Version : 2 WK sig bet for wright vs hopkins anyone?

Unreal
07-17-2007, 02:47 AM
anyone interested??? I'm picking winky wright for this one. btw I'm not going to this bet with someone who barely posts here so dont reply if you joined the boards last night or if you barely post.

matto
07-17-2007, 02:55 AM
incorrect, hopkins is going to win, he is the bigger guy. but im a complete idiot when it comes to boxing so im probably wrong.

Afro
07-17-2007, 03:02 AM
Would of taken you up on it but I got Winky winning, I like BHop and think he trains much better then Winky does, but style-wise there similar boxers.. Bhop has more power, Winky has better defense.. Winky is younger, slicker, and he beat Jermain Taylor.. Bhop lost two close fights to Taylor. I got Winky winning a 12 rd decision thatll be argued to the grave because the fight is basically gonna go

Bhop will push the action, make the fight exciting

Winky will outpunch him and win the boxing match

Bullock
07-19-2007, 03:59 AM
It's going to be a good fight.

matto
07-19-2007, 04:15 AM
change my mind, hopkins lost to taylor twice, but didnt realize that wright beat taylor, i thought that there fight was a draw. wright will win by comparing how they both fought taylor.

bradlee180
07-19-2007, 04:53 AM
Hopkins was robbed in that first fight where he officially lost the title to Jermaine Taylor, and I think Hopkins won the rematch too though it was closer, and the judges gave it to Taylor again. I could live with a draw in that rematch, but not a Taylor victory. I think Wright beat Taylor too, and also got robbed with that draw decision. Then middleweight (160) "champ" Taylor fights light-middleweight (154) Ouma and welterweight (147) Cory Spinks in a couple of snore-fests. 6'1" Taylor ought to have been able to blow those little guys out of there early. HBO put there dollars behind a guy in Taylor who's NOT the goods at all, trying to make a star out of him. Pavlik's gonna KILL this Taylor when they meet, and Miranda would do the same.

Hopkins was my favorite fighter throughout the 90's, but he's been past-his-prime for 6 years and has become way too defensive. Winky Wright is a promoter's nightmare, like Phil Baroni said about Lindland:"there's no such thing as a Matt Lindland fan."
Well, there's no such thing as a Winky Wright fan. Boring defensive style, little power, reluctance to engage, no charisma, no personality except to whine about ring-robberies.
Crap-fight I think, if you can even call it a fight.

It's crap-fights like Hopkins/Wright in boxing being sold as a 50 dollar Pay-Per-View which further alienates boxing fans making me more and more a fan of Mixed Martial Arts where the best fight the best on stacked cards and the fights are action-packed. Hopkins will win a snooze-fest, and Wright will cry about another robbery.

JimmyMoore
07-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Hopkins was robbed in that first fight where he officially lost the title to Jermaine Taylor, and I think Hopkins won the rematch too though it was closer, and the judges gave it to Taylor again. I could live with a draw in that rematch, but not a Taylor victory. I think Wright beat Taylor too, and also got robbed with that draw decision. Then middleweight (160) "champ" Taylor fights light-middleweight (154) Ouma and welterweight (147) Cory Spinks in a couple of snore-fests. 6'1" Taylor ought to have been able to blow those little guys out of there early. HBO put there dollars behind a guy in Taylor who's NOT the goods at all, trying to make a star out of him. Pavlik's gonna KILL this Taylor when they meet, and Miranda would do the same.

Hopkins was my favorite fighter throughout the 90's, but he's been past-his-prime for 6 years and has become way too defensive. Winky Wright is a promoter's nightmare, like Phil Baroni said about Lindland:"there's no such thing as a Matt Lindland fan."
Well, there's no such thing as a Winky Wright fan. Boring defensive style, little power, reluctance to engage, no charisma, no personality except to whine about ring-robberies.
Crap-fight I think, if you can even call it a fight.

It's crap-fights like Hopkins/Wright in boxing being sold as a 50 dollar Pay-Per-View which further alienates boxing fans making me more and more a fan of Mixed Martial Arts where the best fight the best on stacked cards and the fights are action-packed. Hopkins will win a snooze-fest, and Wright will cry about another robbery.

I disagree. Hopkins didn’t do enough in the first fight to win. HE lost that fight by choice. The second fight with BHop and the fight with Winky were both toss-ups, but remember, 9 different judges thought Taylor didnt lose. Obviously he has the ability to get the nod in close fights.
Also, to criticize any boxer for having 2 lackluster fights after coming off 3 fights in a row with 2 of the top P4P boxers in the sport just doesn’t make sense to me. Pavlik won’t be KILLING anyone, he may come away with the win, but he will catch hell to get it.
I really dont think Hopkin's skills have diminished much either. In his last three fights he's has 2 razor close fights with the 27-28 year old Taylor, and completely demolished Tarver. I'd say he's still got it. I do agree with you about Winky though. Boring style, no power, cries when he loses... fuck em.
Im still excited about this fight. Until this point, noone has solved the puzzle Winky poses with his defense and pity-pat punches. Taylor was able to keep it close by using raw power to push Wright back by punching through his guard. Hopkins is so good about adjusting his game plan around his opponents’ strengths during the fight, I think he could make it interesting. I want to see him take Winky to school. I can see it going either way though.

bradlee180
07-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Rewatch the first Hopkins/Taylor fight as an impartial judge with the sound turned off so you won’t be influenced by biased commentators.

Almost every exchange goes like this: Taylor throws a dynamic, flashy 5 punch combination WHICH DOESN’T LAND because they’re telegraphed although Lamps continues to scream each time, “a big right hand by Taylor!” Hopkins picks off the flashy, telegraphed 5 punch combination on his GLOVES and counters with a single punch that LANDS on Taylor. Over and over again, the same thing throughout the 12 rds: Taylor’s flashy 5 punch combo which DOESN’T LAND, countered by Hopkins’ single shot which DOES LAND. I give those exchanges to Hopkins because he hit the other guy.

I first watch a fight as a fan because being impartial ruins the enjoyment, but if the decision appears controversial, I re-watch and score as an impartial judge. I don’t have my scorecard handy, but I remember I had Hopkins clearly ahead in the first fight.

It’s not 2 lackluster fights for Taylor, it’s 5 lackluster fights in a row. Taylor’s not the goods, fella. Respect to Jermaine Taylor for competing in a tough sport, overcoming lots of adversity, and making it to the top, but he’s really not an elite-level fighter. HBO and Taylor’s management maximized what Taylor does have. Pavlik will KO Taylor if the fight comes off.

Hopkins is a bit like Archie Moore or Jersey Joe Walcott in that he’s hung on to a lot of his skill even at 42 years old, but I’ve been watching Hopkins since he was a contender. Hopkins’ prime was 1996 through 2000 from the age of 31 years old to 35, a late-bloomer. The prime Hopkins was more aggressive, more inclined to take risks, and delivered KO’s, and that Hopkins would’ve KO’d Taylor. Even past-his-prime, I think Hopkins clearly beat Taylor the first time around. Robert Allen said of his 3rd fight in 2004 with Hopkins, “strangely Hopkins doesn’t hit as hard as he used to.” Allen first fought the prime Hopkins in ‘98 and was TKO’d in the rematch in ‘99. The Joe Lipsey annihilation is a memorable moment. Lipsey was undefeated, 25 wins, 20 KO’s. In ’96, the prime Hopkins brutally KO’ed him in 4, and Lipsey NEVER fought again. Unfortunately, many fans never saw the prime Hopkins though it was all on free tv, only seeing him on the big PPV’s which only came AFTER he was past-his-prime.

Atnan
07-20-2007, 02:47 AM
first off - ill make this clear

if you think winky is p4p anything...you dont no boxing!

before shane mosley...all he was known for was his loss to vargas who is b class at best...prior to both- he was known for getting KTFO by vasquez

when he fought sugar shane, he was cleary the bigger dude and sugar had no business in that weight class....the second time around sugar shane inho won a close decision to winky wright ( he even hurt him bad and had him almost out) ohh yeah were talking about a natural 140lber....

then he fights Trinidad who is yet again a natural 145er and is way past his prime....Trinidad came out of retirement and remind yah, he was only c-class and over-the-hill

his fight against sam soliman was the biggest joke in boxing that year....i honestly had soliman winning by 1 round...winky should have walked right thru an supposed C-class boxer...he fucking gave soliman everything he had in the 8th round only to get his ass kicked the last 30 seconds of the round....

iam not even gonna get into the taylor-wright fight...both are pieces of shit and just a joke as to being the top fighters in our time....

winky`s fight over ike was the cure to insomina...i dont even think he made ike flinch once...likewise with ike....ike was over-the-hill and a c-class fighter at the time....

winky is a disgrace to the fans....along with taylor....both are trash.....

now on to winky v.s. bhop

this is a hard fight to call....at bhops age, its very hard to call any of his fights....hes unpredictable at his age....ill put it this way- if bhop comes in the same shape he came in for the taylor fight- taylor will lose the fight in my eyes....winky has no fucking power- so you could easily call out any possible knock outs on his behalf...i do think bhop could knock winky down and out!!! the only thing sure is that its gonna be a boring fight to watch!!

but honestly who knows whats gonna happen when it goes to a decision...boxing judges are fucking corrupt and even if their not, they cant fucking count....
this fight is gonna put boxing in a hole and make them lose appeal to the general audience even more!

Atnan
07-20-2007, 02:49 AM
ohh yeah i forgot to add....kelly is knocking winky, bhop, and taylor out

Unreal
07-20-2007, 01:37 PM
then he fights Trinidad who is yet again a natural 145er and is way past his prime....Trinidad came out of retirement and remind yah, he was only c-class and over-the-hill

hows trinidad a C class boxer?? he was the first boxer to beat de la hoya, so that makes la hoya a D class fighter??? you got to be kidding

DeepPain
07-20-2007, 04:46 PM
incorrect, hopkins is going to win, he is the bigger guy. but im a complete idiot when it comes to boxing so im probably wrong.

you're right, you are wrong.

Atnan
07-20-2007, 06:21 PM
hows trinidad a C class boxer?? he was the first boxer to beat de la hoya, so that makes la hoya a D class fighter??? you got to be kidding

if you think trinidad honestly beat de la hoya, your on crack.....that fight changed the way boxing is judged in my eyes....supposly if you win round 11 and 12, you win the fight....all de la hoya did those last rounds was run b/c he thought he had the fight in the bag - mix that with corrupt judges and you have a C-class boxer beating an A-class boxer

bradlee180
07-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Yep, I'm no die-hard fan of De La Hoya, and I really liked Trinidad's aggressive come-ahead style and KO power, but De La Hoya won 9 rds in the Trinidad fight. 3 rds for Trinidad with not even a knockdown doesn't win a fight. Now if it was scheduled for 15 rds instead of 12, De La Hoya would have been KO'ed.

Afro
07-21-2007, 01:04 AM
ohh yeah i forgot to add....kelly is knocking winky, bhop, and taylor out
please dont ever post in this forum again

Atnan
07-21-2007, 02:47 AM
please dont ever post in this forum again

you my bitch ass friend are a fucking tool.....if your gonna tell me to not post ever again- give me a reason- tell me why.....

your just mad b/c im posting the truth!!!!! kelly only knocked out everyones favorite fighter in pantera....before the fight everyone picked him to steam roll thru taylor let alone kelly....i dont want to hear any bitch ass excuses with weight issues- they signed the fight 3 months prior- he knew where he weight was suppose to be!

Afro
07-21-2007, 02:58 AM
you my bitch ass friend are a fucking tool.....if your gonna tell me to not post ever again- give me a reason- tell me why.....

your just mad b/c im posting the truth!!!!! kelly only knocked out everyones favorite fighter in pantera....before the fight everyone picked him to steam roll thru taylor let alone kelly....i dont want to hear any bitch ass excuses with weight issues- they signed the fight 3 months prior- he knew where he weight was suppose to be!
Cuz u dont know shit about boxing, and your just posting a bunch of bullshit opinions.. quit being biased and go learn a damn thing about boxing, cuz if you think Pavlik is just gonna KO all 3 of those boxers then your an idiot, and your twice the idiot for saying Winky Wright is P4P anything.

CM PO
07-21-2007, 03:15 AM
B HOP will win

JimmyMoore
07-21-2007, 06:53 AM
first off - ill make this clear

if you think winky is p4p anything...you dont no boxing!

Ring Magazine's most recent P4P list.

1 Floyd Mayweather 38-0 (24 KOs) Light Middleweight
2 Manny Pacquiao 44-3-2 (35 KOs) Super featherweight
3 Rafael Márquez 37-3 (33 KOs) Super bantamweight
4 Juan Manuel Márquez 47-3-1 (35 KOs) Super featherweight
5 Winky Wright 51-3-1 (25 KOs) Middleweight
6 Jermain Taylor 26-0-1 (17 KOs) Middleweight
7 Bernard Hopkins 47-4-1-1 (32 KOs) Light heavyweight
8 Joe Calzaghe 43-0 (32 KOs) Super middleweight
9 Marco Antonio Barrera 63-5-0-1 (42 KOs) Super featherweight
10 Ricky Hatton 42-0 (30 KOs) Super lightweight

Sorry, I've been busy and shit.

Atnan
07-21-2007, 07:34 AM
Cuz u dont know shit about boxing, and your just posting a bunch of bullshit opinions.. quit being biased and go learn a damn thing about boxing, cuz if you think Pavlik is just gonna KO all 3 of those boxers then your an idiot, and your twice the idiot for saying Winky Wright is P4P anything.

iam not baised....i tell it how it is...unlike you i dont listen to larry merchant during the fights lol.....palvik WOULD and COULD knock out winky-bhop-taylor....ill make sure to bring this comment up when palvik knocks taylor the fuck out int he next couple of months....winky will want no part of kelly after taylor-kelly and try to chase down joe calzag instead....bhop already stated that pantera is gonna be the new ruler of the division and once again kelly knocked that fool the fuck out -kelly-bhop will probably never happen....

kelly has KNOCK OUT POWER and knows HOW TO LAND-
winky-taylor-bhop havent knocked out anyone in their last 6-7 fights ( for winky its like 20 something fights ago, lol) thats just true facts- no biased in what i say! lots of peopel agree with me @ other boxing forums! i just tell it how it is homie, dont be mad because ur favorite fighter couldnt knock out c-class boxers (winky)

Atnan
07-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Ring Magazine's most recent P4P list.

1 Floyd Mayweather 38-0 (24 KOs) Light Middleweight
2 Manny Pacquiao 44-3-2 (35 KOs) Super featherweight
3 Rafael Márquez 37-3 (33 KOs) Super bantamweight
4 Juan Manuel Márquez 47-3-1 (35 KOs) Super featherweight
5 Winky Wright 51-3-1 (25 KOs) Middleweight
6 Jermain Taylor 26-0-1 (17 KOs) Middleweight
7 Bernard Hopkins 47-4-1-1 (32 KOs) Light heavyweight
8 Joe Calzaghe 43-0 (32 KOs) Super middleweight
9 Marco Antonio Barrera 63-5-0-1 (42 KOs) Super featherweight
10 Ricky Hatton 42-0 (30 KOs) Super lightweight

Sorry, I've been busy and shit.

yet again you my friend are a tool....how do you put someone on p4p list when he doesnt FINISH ANY OF HIS FIGHTS let alone HAS NO FUCKING POWER.....he got famous beating BLOWN UP- BALLOONED lightweights....

look at winkys last fights and tell me how the fuck does he get p4p status...

lets look at his last 10 fights

vargas - lost by decision

nobodies - all wins by decision

shane - a natural 135lber - uni dec win

shane - majority decision ( most educated fans had the fight 115-113 shane)

trinidad - a natural 140- c-class at that- uni decision for him- trinidad also came out of retirement for a 9th time lol

sam soliman - uni decision over a tomato can- soliman is as much of a CAN as it gets in boxing...its sad that most edcuated fans had winky winning by 1-2 rounds at most

taylor - first step up in competition ever...drew against a wild swinging noob who got somehow won of a former champ twice while only landing less than a dozen times in both fights...

ike quatery - this fight literally put me to sleep...i think i doze off around 7-8 round...i think it was a uni decision for winky- either way ike was a shell of his former self and should have never recieved a fucking title shot from his LOST to Verron Forrest...

winky doesnt finish his fights let alone hurt any of his opponents....he just goes for the fucking decision...HE IS THE REASON WHY Boxing is in its huge decline and boring to watch....its fans like you that make it even worse by claiming winky is p4p...a winky fan is uneducated and has no idea about the showmanship and business of boxing...

a true p4p boxer is someone like manny pacman who tries his hardest evertime he fights and goes for the kill....or someone like mayweather who fucking shuts out his opponents every time around!

Afro
07-21-2007, 03:38 PM
yet again you my friend are a tool....how do you put someone on p4p list when he doesnt FINISH ANY OF HIS FIGHTS let alone HAS NO FUCKING POWER.....he got famous beating BLOWN UP- BALLOONED lightweights....

trinidad - a natural 140- c-class at that- uni decision for him- trinidad also came out of retirement for a 9th time lol

sam soliman - uni decision over a tomato can- soliman is as much of a CAN as it gets in boxing...its sad that most edcuated fans had winky winning by 1-2 rounds at most

taylor - first step up in competition ever...drew against a wild swinging noob who got somehow won of a former champ twice while only landing less than a dozen times in both fights...

ike quatery - this fight literally put me to sleep...i think i doze off around 7-8 round...i think it was a uni decision for winky- either way ike was a shell of his former self and should have never recieved a fucking title shot from his LOST to Verron Forrest...

winky doesnt finish his fights let alone hurt any of his opponents....he just goes for the fucking decision...HE IS THE REASON WHY Boxing is in its huge decline and boring to watch....its fans like you that make it even worse by claiming winky is p4p...a winky fan is uneducated and has no idea about the showmanship and business of boxing...

a true p4p boxer is someone like manny pacman who tries his hardest evertime he fights and goes for the kill....or someone like mayweather who fucking shuts out his opponents every time around!
That statement says you dotn know SHIT about boxing

JimmyMoore
07-21-2007, 07:29 PM

I'm sorry... I mean thanks for your excessively long reply and everything, but I just cant take you seriously. Also, III didn’t have to make a p4p list. I just posted RING MAGAZINE'S P4P list. You know, the premier boxing magazine...?

JimmyMoore
07-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Rewatch the first Hopkins/Taylor fight as an impartial judge with the sound turned off so you won’t be influenced by biased commentators.

Almost every exchange goes like this: Taylor throws a dynamic, flashy 5 punch combination WHICH DOESN’T LAND because they’re telegraphed although Lamps continues to scream each time, “a big right hand by Taylor!” Hopkins picks off the flashy, telegraphed 5 punch combination on his GLOVES and counters with a single punch that LANDS on Taylor. Over and over again, the same thing throughout the 12 rds: Taylor’s flashy 5 punch combo which DOESN’T LAND, countered by Hopkins’ single shot which DOES LAND. I give those exchanges to Hopkins because he hit the other guy.

I first watch a fight as a fan because being impartial ruins the enjoyment, but if the decision appears controversial, I re-watch and score as an impartial judge. I don’t have my scorecard handy, but I remember I had Hopkins clearly ahead in the first fight.

It’s not 2 lackluster fights for Taylor, it’s 5 lackluster fights in a row. Taylor’s not the goods, fella. Respect to Jermaine Taylor for competing in a tough sport, overcoming lots of adversity, and making it to the top, but he’s really not an elite-level fighter. HBO and Taylor’s management maximized what Taylor does have. Pavlik will KO Taylor if the fight comes off.

Hopkins is a bit like Archie Moore or Jersey Joe Walcott in that he’s hung on to a lot of his skill even at 42 years old, but I’ve been watching Hopkins since he was a contender. Hopkins’ prime was 1996 through 2000 from the age of 31 years old to 35, a late-bloomer. The prime Hopkins was more aggressive, more inclined to take risks, and delivered KO’s, and that Hopkins would’ve KO’d Taylor. Even past-his-prime, I think Hopkins clearly beat Taylor the first time around. Robert Allen said of his 3rd fight in 2004 with Hopkins, “strangely Hopkins doesn’t hit as hard as he used to.” Allen first fought the prime Hopkins in ‘98 and was TKO’d in the rematch in ‘99. The Joe Lipsey annihilation is a memorable moment. Lipsey was undefeated, 25 wins, 20 KO’s. In ’96, the prime Hopkins brutally KO’ed him in 4, and Lipsey NEVER fought again. Unfortunately, many fans never saw the prime Hopkins though it was all on free tv, only seeing him on the big PPV’s which only came AFTER he was past-his-prime.

I didn’t say anything about being swayed by Lampley and company’s commentary. I was swayed by Hopkins not throwing punches for the first half of the fight. In order to win a fight, you gotta throw punches. I don’t have my scorecard either, but I had Jermaine leading by a round and more importantly, so did two of the judges. It was an extremely close fight, but Jermaine won.
No, it’s only two lackluster fights. First, its simply not fair to hold Jermaine accountable for any lack of action in the Hopkins fights. If it weren’t for Jermaine, there wouldn’t have been a fight! And I didn’t think the fight with Winky was lackluster by anyone’s standards. I liked the Hopkins fights too though. I like technical fights.
But you may be right! Jermaine Taylor is certainly not currently an elite level boxer. I just think he still has that potential.

Punk Ass
07-22-2007, 02:32 AM
how do you put someone on p4p list when he doesnt FINISH ANY OF HIS FIGHTS let alone HAS NO FUCKING POWER.....he got famous beating BLOWN UP- BALLOONED lightweights....

Lmao. Your funny, and your posts entertain me, i'll give you that, but if a fighter has no power, but he is constantly winning, and no one can beat him, why the fuck shouldn't he be in the P4P list?

The dudes defense is incredible. Boxing is more than just KO power, all fighters have different styles. IMO, you are being biased because you just don't like like his style.

Correct me if im wrong but doesn't Pacman remind you of a certain Tito style wise? Fast, explosive power, relentless, but, no defense. It just a matter of time my dude, before someone better comes along. Power isn't everything.

IMO, Taylor and Winky will beat Pavlik. They are world class boxers, like em or not.

Spinks is one of the best boxers P4P period, the only thing he's missing is power or he would beat everybody in his division. There is a reason he's the JMW champion of the world, and he's a natural WW; of course he's going to give Taylor problems. Any knowlegable boxing fan would know that. Ouma has a great chin, and is relentless. Yes, he's a B class fighter, and he loss like he was supposed to, but Taylor wasn't going to beat him easy. These are 2 quality opponents for Taylor after coming off fighting 2 of the best P4P boxers in the world. Not bad IMO.

Taylor is great IMO. I don't like him, but he gets the job done, hook are crook. Anybody who can who can even do well enough to pull off a controversial decision against a focused B Hop, and get a draw with the best defender in boxing period (with the exception of PBF) is a great fighter. Give respect where it's due.

Atnan
07-22-2007, 06:27 AM
winky is stinky....his fight aganist bhop proved how right i am....how does a p4p fighter gas that baddly...lol all i gotta say is look at the score 116-112, 117-111, 117-111 for bhop.....

i cant wait to hear all the excuses from you fucking nut-huggers!

Afro
07-22-2007, 06:33 AM
winky is stinky....his fight aganist bhop proved how right i am....how does a p4p fighter gas that baddly...lol all i gotta say is look at the score 116-112, 117-111, 117-111 for bhop.....

god your retarded, the fight was a lot closer then that and you still dont know shit about boxing

Atnan
07-22-2007, 06:33 AM
I didn’t say anything about being swayed by Lampley and company’s commentary. I was swayed by Hopkins not throwing punches for the first half of the fight. In order to win a fight, you gotta throw punches. I don’t have my scorecard either, but I had Jermaine leading by a round and more importantly, so did two of the judges. It was an extremely close fight, but Jermaine won.
No, it’s only two lackluster fights. First, its simply not fair to hold Jermaine accountable for any lack of action in the Hopkins fights. If it weren’t for Jermaine, there wouldn’t have been a fight! And I didn’t think the fight with Winky was lackluster by anyone’s standards. I liked the Hopkins fights too though. I like technical fights.
But you may be right! Jermaine Taylor is certainly not currently an elite level boxer. I just think he still has that potential.

i smell you 100%....taylor has lots of potential but you gotta understand hes getting knocked out by kelly!

Atnan
07-22-2007, 06:34 AM
god your retarded, the fight was a lot closer then that and you still dont know shit about boxing

awwwww poor babi...your favorite fighter got pwned by a 43 year old boxer...lol cry me a river....you just mad because i was right

Atnan
07-22-2007, 06:38 AM
Lmao. Your funny, and your posts entertain me, i'll give you that, but if a fighter has no power, but he is constantly winning, and no one can beat him, why the fuck shouldn't he be in the P4P list?

The dudes defense is incredible. Boxing is more than just KO power, all fighters have different styles. IMO, you are being biased because you just don't like like his style.

Correct me if im wrong but doesn't Pacman remind you of a certain Tito style wise? Fast, explosive power, relentless, but, no defense. It just a matter of time my dude, before someone better comes along. Power isn't everything.

IMO, Taylor and Winky will beat Pavlik. They are world class boxers, like em or not.

Spinks is one of the best boxers P4P period, the only thing he's missing is power or he would beat everybody in his division. There is a reason he's the JMW champion of the world, and he's a natural WW; of course he's going to give Taylor problems. Any knowlegable boxing fan would know that. Ouma has a great chin, and is relentless. Yes, he's a B class fighter, and he loss like he was supposed to, but Taylor wasn't going to beat him easy. These are 2 quality opponents for Taylor after coming off fighting 2 of the best P4P boxers in the world. Not bad IMO.

Taylor is great IMO. I don't like him, but he gets the job done, hook are crook. Anybody who can who can even do well enough to pull off a controversial decision against a focused B Hop, and get a draw with the best defender in boxing period (with the exception of PBF) is a great fighter. Give respect where it's due.

manny is no fucking tito....he doesnt retire when he gets his ass kicked....manny knocks top p4p boxers out

spinks isnt anything special....karamazn and judah both whopped the boys ass in my eyes

taylor is great also...i think he has great potential but i just dont like how he doesnt fucking listen to his trainers and how sloppy he is....

you could say what you want about me but i am end up being right....

bhop whopped winky....and kelly is gonna knock taylor out....plain and simple

Atnan
07-22-2007, 06:39 AM

you have to agree with me thou that if taylor listened to his trainers with his fight aganist stinky he would have fucking won.....he keep going in the outside and losing rounds......no?

Punk Ass
07-22-2007, 06:45 AM

Not a nuthugger by no means, but he did his best. What you don't understand is that B Hop and Winky, are 2 of the best fighters in the world. Yes, their losing their legs, muscle memory, and reflexes, but face it they'e 2 of the best P4P there is.

BTW, the cards should have been much closer, and B Hop admited that it was a close fight.

Atnan
07-22-2007, 06:51 AM
Not a nuthugger by no means, but he did his best. What you don't understand is that B Hop and Winky, are 2 of the best fighters in the world. Yes, their losing their legs, muscle memory, and reflexes, but face it they'e 2 of the best P4P there is.

BTW, the cards should have been much closer, and B Hop admited that it was a close fight.

i understand 100%....i respect both fighter very much...i dont think bhop got tired till at least till the 9-10 round....i mean he didnt gas or anyting, i just saw him slowing down a bit....i still think both fighters should stay away from joe calzaghe

bradlee180
07-22-2007, 08:57 PM
...Time to GLOAT. :)

Posted by bradlee180 on Wed, July 18, 3 days BEFORE the fight.-

..Crap-fight I think, if you can even call it a fight.

What'd I say?...

Afro
07-23-2007, 01:10 AM
...Time to GLOAT. :)

Posted by bradlee180 on Wed, July 18, 3 days BEFORE the fight.-

What'd I say?...
You were wrong, cuz that fight wasnt a snooze-fest.. atleast the first 6 rounds werent

matto
07-23-2007, 01:41 AM
anyone interested??? I'm picking winky wright for this one. btw I'm not going to this bet with someone who barely posts here so dont reply if you joined the boards last night or if you barely post.

hey man i changed my mind still want that bet?:grinsmile1:

bradlee180
07-23-2007, 01:54 AM
You were wrong, cuz that fight wasnt a snooze-fest.. atleast the first 6 rounds werent

It was a GARBAGE fight, dude. I'll ask you this: Can you see yourself going back to re-watch it? Good fights are worth watching again, I don't see it on this crap-fest.

Afro
07-23-2007, 02:26 AM
It was a GARBAGE fight, dude. I'll ask you this: Can you see yourself going back to re-watch it? Good fights are worth watching again, I don't see it on this crap-fest.
Theres a ton of GOOD fights I Cant see myself re-watching, theres a ton of good games I Cant see myself re-watching, theres a ton of good MOVIES I cant see myself re-watching your askign me to go back and re-watch a 12 round fight that ive already seen? knowing I wont enjoy it AS MUCH the 2nd time around? like I said, the first 6 rounds were good it slowed down big down in the 2nd part.

Atnan
07-23-2007, 07:04 AM
fact is....i dont see it up on any video-streaming site which means it relle is a snooze!

fact is....ufc/pride fights are up within mintues after they finished on video-streaming sites