PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva VS GSP

BigJoe111
07-29-2006, 08:09 AM
Listen it is known that GSP could really be fighting at MIddleweight and probably isn't because he doesn't want to take anything away from Louisseau, so this isn't that far fetched. There isn't a great size advantage here for Silva and I don't know what he would do once GSP got him to the ground. What do you all think? I say GSP wins in much the same way he did against Sherk, elbows, elbows, and more freaking elbows.

killerinstinct
07-29-2006, 09:51 AM
I'll take GSP to he out wrestles very accomplished wrestlers and he outstrikes good strikers.GSP is an animal.

MMAKIng
08-01-2006, 11:44 AM
this would be a great fight, i gotta go with anderson silva on this though

matto
08-01-2006, 11:56 AM
anderson silva by ko, gsp will beat hughes and become #1 welterweight with matt close behind, and silva will beat franklin and becone #1 middleweight, but if they fought then silva by ko. but if silva was welterwight size, gsp would hand it to him pritty bad.

BigJoe111
08-01-2006, 04:52 PM
anderson silva by ko, gsp will beat hughes and become #1 welterweight with matt close behind, and silva will beat franklin and becone #1 middleweight, but if they fought then silva by ko. but if silva was welterwight size, gsp would hand it to him pritty bad.
Listen, the difference in size isn't that much, GSP sin't exactly what you would call welterweight size, he is a middleweight who sucks himself dry of all waterweight to make welterweight. I give Silva a punchers chance but once GSP got it to the ground I think he would dominate. He did against Karo who is exceptional on the ground and even against Hughes before he got caught in that armbar, he was handling himself well against the best wrestler in MMA, al least right now he is the best.

doublea
08-01-2006, 05:55 PM
A bloody GSP wins by decision. Ground and Pound.

BigJoe111
08-01-2006, 07:57 PM
I don't understand, but most of the people who comment on these matchups will without exception always pick the non UFC fighter to beat anyone in the UFC. I think that GSP is the soon to be number one welterweight in the world and could beat anyone out there in his division and most guys at the division above him. Why is there such a disdain for the UFC fighters and their ability. I understand that in some cases the UFC doesn't stack up, like the heavyweight division, but in most other cases they are at least equal and in some cases superior to other organizations.

ThaiRoundhouse
08-01-2006, 08:17 PM
what are you talking about? there is no distain in choosing a winner between to of the most amazing fighters in the world. and yes I would go with silva.......by a hair and it would be close.

BigJoe111
08-01-2006, 09:17 PM
what are you talking about? there is no distain in choosing a winner between to of the most amazing fighters in the world. and yes I would go with silva.......by a hair and it would be close.
Not nessecarily in this fight because I understand that it would be incredibly close, but in most of the other dream matchups it seems that the consensus is that the UFC fighters would get their ass handed to them by anyone else in the world. I was just venting a little really, nothing meant by it.

NinjaShogunRua
08-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Both of these guys are UFC fighters, so I don't know what the bitching is about. Anyhow if this fight ever happened it would most likely be at 170. Anderson Silva has fought at 170 before and I don't see GSP moving up to 185. At 170 I would have to go with GSP on this one.

mattsoper
08-01-2006, 10:29 PM
I think that this would be an amazing fight....and it could very well happen down the line

I'm going with GSP in a close, great fight

supermark21
08-01-2006, 11:39 PM
ill say silva. i think he would keep gsp away like he did with leben (not entirely as effective). ill take silva by split

Salvy_Mic
08-02-2006, 12:44 AM
I think GSP takes it by GnP TKO. He at least seems a lot more willing to do anything it takes to win than be bullheaded and try to stand with a superior striker simply because he feels he has something to prove. This fight stays on the feet for a minute or two of the first round, GSP avoids or blocks a couple of Silva strikes, throws a jab or a leg kick out and proceeds to shoot in lightning quick, slam, and pound out a victory. Even if GSP had Silva in his own guard, GSP wins by sub or something.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
08-10-2006, 03:34 AM
Gsp By Watever He Feels Like.... Gsp Is The Fuckin Man!!!

AJL416AZ
08-10-2006, 07:49 AM
i'm sorry, anybody who says that Silva could just play keep away from Rush in any way similar to how he worked Leben is retarded.

GSP has just as much capability to move around as Silva does
he has similar reach
he doesn't have the KO power silva has, but he's got a good chin
fantastic wrestling and submission game, which happens to be Silva's weakness

and his hair isn't as gay, and he doesn't rush in and miss like a kid swinging at a speed bag like the "crippler"