PDA

View Full Version : Dana White confirms Liddell v. Jardine for UFC 76

lhuyner
07-17-2007, 12:35 AM
http://www.sprawl-n-brawl.com/2007/07/dana-white-confirms-liddell-v-jardine.html

In other news, White also confirmed that Keith Jardine will be Chuck Liddell's opponent at UFC 76 on Sept. 22 in Anaheim.

Both light heavyweights are coming off losses at UFC 71 in May: Liddell lost his championship to Jackson, and Jardine was upset by Houston Alexander.

"Keith Jardine is a tough guy," said White. "He got caught. That can happen. But Chuck got caught too.

White bristled at the notion Liddell-Jardine is not a headline-caliber match. "It is definitely a main event, in my opinion," he said. "Jardine beat a lot of good guys, and he absolutely deserves to be fighting Chuck. He wouldn't if Chuck still had the title, but I don't think he needs to win a lot of fights just to get a fight with Chuck."

i just search in the main category and didnt see anything about this.thought i'd share with everyone.IMO i think jardine is gonna get his ass handed to him.

pinbacklive2
07-17-2007, 01:15 AM
I hope this doesn't interfere with liddel vs silva later on for the supposed "super bowl" of mma, why not Chuck vs Alexander though? That would be way better.

neonatural45
07-17-2007, 01:22 AM
I hope this doesn't interfere with liddel vs silva later on for the supposed "super bowl" of mma, why not Chuck vs Alexander though? That would be way better.

Id still say that Jardine is a better overall fighter then Alexander. Houston's standup looked sloppy and im not lead to believe that he has much of a ground game. Jardine has good leg kicks and he has some subs as well. Plus he is still more established then Alexander to the average UFC fans

All of this might seem weird since alexander beat jardine, but there is no way that fans would order a PPV with him headlining, even if it is against chuck

lhuyner
07-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Id still say that Jardine is a better overall fighter then Alexander. Houston's standup looked sloppy and im not lead to believe that he has much of a ground game. Jardine has good leg kicks and he has some subs as well. Plus he is still more established then Alexander to the average UFC fans

All of this might seem weird since alexander beat jardine, but there is no way that fans would order a PPV with him headlining, even if it is against chuck

i totally agree with you.rep'd for pointing that out.