PDA

View Full Version : Matt hamill vs Michael Bisping...

THEJIMY
07-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Everybody who saw tuf three saw how competitive matt and mike were and matt didn't get eliminated. For a guy who is willing to fight with one arm and a outstanding wreslter...what do you think woulda happened if they had to face off?

shunt1
07-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Matt would've probalbly pulled out the decision because he would take Bisping down and just ground and pound the whole fight or Bisping would pull off an armbar or another submission from guard bottom.

BigJoe111
07-30-2006, 06:47 PM
I think it would have been a greatr fight with Matt winning a close decision. I think that Bisping would have won the first round because Matt would have tried to stand with hime, then Hammill would have figured out that he couldn't hang with Bisping on his feet and would have taken him down and pounded out a victory.

ddoggma
07-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Bis would have picked up right where he had left off. Bye, finishing the tearing of Matts arm off...lol Bis will submit him 7 out of 10 times if you ask me. Matts still to one dementional.

supermark21
07-30-2006, 10:41 PM
i think bisbing would kill him on the feet and when matt goes for the takedown bisbing would just pull guard and tap him

Kimuras"R"Us
07-31-2006, 02:52 AM
Matt would try to trade with him and it would be LIGHTS OUT. Bisping would KO him 5 / 10 times and submit him 3. Matt's not on the Count's level as a fighter.

ccl2087
07-31-2006, 05:33 AM
Bisping by submission, b/c while Matt is a world class wrestler he has almost no submission skills.

Legend
07-31-2006, 09:06 AM
I think if it happened today it would be pretty boring bc matt would just wrestle to a decision or Bisping could possibly catch him in a submission. But in a few years after matt becomes more well rounded and Michael continues to improve his game it could be an awesome match up.

Tyler Abney
08-07-2006, 06:03 AM
i like hamill but he leaves his hands down alot and his chin out..i think bisping would win by ko

killerinstinct
08-07-2006, 06:53 AM
i like hamill but he leaves his hands down alot and his chin out..i think bisping would win by ko
yeah.I think Bisping wins it b/c Matt is inexperienced and to be honest I'm not all that impressed with him.

THEJIMY
08-08-2006, 07:51 AM
MATT AND MIKE WERE VERYU CLOSE FROM WHAT WE KNOW IN PRACTICE AND MATT HAS INCREDIBLE HEART SO I DO NOT SEE IT BEING A ONE SIDED AFFAIR. iF HE WAS A LITTLE LESS STUBBORN AND TAPPED THE ONE TIME HE HAD TO IN PRACTICE IT WOULDA BEEN HAMIL IN HTE FINALS. aNYWAY I THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD MATCH NOW AND A GREAT ONE 6 MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD

billwilliams70
08-23-2006, 06:50 AM
I think that, as much as I like Matt, Bisping would probably win. I know that Matt's got some sick skills, but Bisping has the experience. I think that it would prevail by the end of the fight.

Just my two lincolns though.

Later.

BigJoe111
08-23-2006, 06:54 AM
I think the appropriate question is who would win in two years becasue that is the earliest that Dana White would put these two guys together in the octagon. I say with two years of training with Team Punishment, Matt will be a monster and almost unstoppable.

mad~dog
07-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Matt would try to trade with him and it would be LIGHTS OUT. Bisping would KO him 5 / 10 times and submit him 3. Matt's not on the Count's level as a fighter.
I think it will me a good fight but bisping is never gonna submit matt hey is way to strong for bisping. Standing on his feet is almost the only way bisping has a chance. On the show no one liked matt because he trained to ruff. COME PEOPLE THIS IS UFC NOT DAY CARE WAKE UP. In this sport to train you need to train hard being ruff is the name of the game. They couldnt handle wrestling with him how are they gonna fight him?:grinsmile26:

concac12472
07-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Bisping by KO.

nhenry87
07-24-2007, 11:39 PM
Bisping would ko matt on the feet, Matt has horrible stand up. His only chance is to take bisping down and keep him there.

Mungo
07-25-2007, 03:53 AM
Matts been training with Tito and I saw a world of potential when he was on the show.

You guys underestimate Matt he's imporved his game since last we saw him.

Palma
07-25-2007, 04:12 AM
Matts been training with Tito and I saw a world of potential when he was on the show.

You guys underestimate Matt he's imporved his game since last we saw him.

How? The three televised fights we've seen all he does is get top control and then hammer fists his oppoents. Hamill isn't even a great wrestler and will certainly lose to any fighter with any basic BJJ or striking skills.

sequin30
07-25-2007, 06:55 AM
How? The three televised fights we've seen all he does is get top control and then hammer fists his oppoents. Hamill isn't even a great wrestler and will certainly lose to any fighter with any basic BJJ or striking skills.

how can you sit there and say that Matt "The Hammer" Hamill is not a great wrestler?

He's 3 time NCAA National Champ, 2 time World Champ, 2 time Pan American Champ.
He has 2 Gold Medals in the Special Olympics in Freestyle, and Greco-Roman
1997 Sports Illustrated Top Ten Athlete of the Year
College Record: 91-3, with 51 pins, and winning his last 62 matches of his career.
Senior year went 25-0, with 18 pins, and was 5-0 against Division 1 wrestlers.

When Matt gets ahold of Bisping, Matt will break him in half.:fingersmilie:

gitchman
07-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Bisping will KO Hamill

gitchman
07-25-2007, 07:08 AM
how can you sit there and say that Matt "The Hammer" Hamill is not a great wrestler?

College Record: 91-3, with 51 pins, and winning his last 62 matches of his career.

Yes in a wrestling match Hamill would likely win but mma Bisping will EASILY win . I dont understand you wrestling lovers this is MMA we are talking about go watch the Sunshine network if you want to watch pinfalls .

Mungo
07-25-2007, 07:16 AM

thankyou for that... rep'd

Palma
07-25-2007, 07:19 AM

He was the Div III 3X national Champ... you know that is a huge difference from Division I?

His World, National, and Golds are all in the Deaf Olympics and who gives a fuck what SI has to say?

He's as sloppy a wrestler as he is an MMA fighter....

I think the TUF newbies are taking over again if we have to hear about how "great" Matt Hamill is all over again.

Mungo
07-25-2007, 08:27 AM
He was the Div III 3X national Champ... you know that is a huge difference from Division I?

His World, National, and Golds are all in the Deaf Olympics and who gives a fuck what SI has to say?

He's as sloppy a wrestler as he is an MMA fighter....

I think the TUF newbies are taking over again if we have to hear about how "great" Matt Hamill is all over again.

Matt Hamill is still a great wrestler and I can see him doing well in MMA if he learns some jj and improves his standup, which he's doing.

He was defeanding takedowns on the show with no fucking hands dude.

Oh yeah about that little neg rep you gave me where you call me a retard. :fingersmilie:

Only immature little bitches like you would START name calling over the internet. The only thing you'll ever beat up is your dog, pussy.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6798/kewoc8.jpg

Palma
07-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Matt Hamill is still a great wrestler and I can see him doing well in MMA if he learns some jj and improves his standup, which he's doing.

He was defeanding takedowns on the show with no fucking hands dude.

Oh yeah about that little neg rep you gave me where you call me a retard. :fingersmilie:

Only immature little bitches like you would START name calling over the internet. The only thing you'll ever beat up is your dog, pussy.

It's not my fault you only got into MMA last week when you happened to catch the TUF marathon. The fact that you think Hamill will do well in MMA shows everyone what kind newbie TUFer you are.

Hamill defending takedowns without hand is more contrived then yourself.

You're a fucking poser pretending like you actually have a shot at fighting MMA...what are you seriously? Like 12 years old? I bet you aren't older then 15...

Mungo
07-25-2007, 11:04 AM
It's not my fault you only got into MMA last week when you happened to catch the TUF marathon. The fact that you think Hamill will do well in MMA shows everyone what kind newbie TUFer you are.

Hamill defending takedowns without hand is more contrived then yourself.

You're a fucking poser pretending like you actually have a shot at fighting MMA...what are you seriously? Like 12 years old? I bet you aren't older then 15...

You're a fucking moron. I guess Tito is noob too for thinking Hammil has potential and letting him train with him, huh?

Hey go sink a rear naked choke on your dog, take a picture of it and show it off on the internet Cael.

Seriously though why do some people have to act like monkies and call others names just because they disagree with their opinion? Isn't that more childish than thinking Hammil has potential? Stick that in your cheerios and smoke it. lol :wavesmile:

rivethead
07-25-2007, 04:34 PM
this thread is hilarious.

Even without a solid groundgame, and not even liking him very much [Glad Hypergit isn't around] I think Bisping walks through Hamill.

People didn't like Matt on the show because he was an asshole, not because he trained "to [sic] ruff." And because his credentials are seriously inflated. NCAA DIII and the Special Olympics...kind of like being the thinnest kid at fat camp.

And as far as Ortiz being a great judge of talent...isn't he the same guy who chose Danny Abbadi, Rory Singer and the pudgy little guy with the blue faux-hawk? Tito fawned over Hamill through the show as though he was the second coming of Christ and even with all the extra attention and cuddling, Matt still got eliminated.

If I never see him again, it's too soon. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone I like from that season, coaches included.

rh

da@LARGE
07-25-2007, 09:18 PM
It's weird though, Bisping training up at Big Bear now.

What do you guys think of fighters training at their opponents old camp?

Palma
07-25-2007, 10:38 PM
You're a fucking moron. I guess Tito is noob too for thinking Hammil has potential and letting him train with him, huh?

Hey go sink a rear naked choke on your dog, take a picture of it and show it off on the internet Cael.

Seriously though why do some people have to act like monkies and call others names just because they disagree with their opinion? Isn't that more childish than thinking Hammil has potential? Stick that in your cheerios and smoke it. lol :wavesmile:

That's the best argument you can come up with on why Hamill is a great wrestler?

Tito sees potential as an MMA fighter and a bunch of week insults towards me? You're fucking faggot little boy...

Mungo
07-26-2007, 04:43 AM
That's the best argument you can come up with on why Hamill is a great wrestler?

Tito sees potential as an MMA fighter and a bunch of week insults towards me? You're fucking faggot little boy...

Nah I just don't count out any fighter. Let alone Hamill because he has noticable talent and I believe he can improve.

You don't think I know Bisping has a huge chance to win this fight and likely will? Of course he's favored to win but time and time again we've seen that whose favored doesn't always win. This isn't a Shamrock Ortiz fight brah. Matt has incredibly power, Seth Petrozelli went for a kick and Matt grabbed his leg and threw him like it was nothin. He has a chance, especially if he's with Tito up in Big Bear.

Ramma
07-26-2007, 04:57 AM
Bisping is going to KO him by a flying knee via stopping a shoot attempt, or ko him with a nice punch.. eitherway... Bisping KOs Hamill

Mungo
07-26-2007, 05:11 AM
Ramma I agree with you, this will very likely happen. If Matt tries to stand with him it's over but we've seen him rocked and even then he was takin people down.

I'm goin with Bisping on this fight but nobody is going to tell me Matt doesn't have talent and atleast a chance.

darrenefc1985
07-29-2007, 01:10 AM
bisping will waste him, cant wait!

baba
07-29-2007, 03:14 AM
Hamil's head is as big as Tito's so its gonna be hard to miss. Quick KO.

foutch550
07-30-2007, 02:39 AM
Bisping KOs Hamill, but not cuz Bisping's that good. Hamill holds his hands WAY too low. I just hate that we'll have to hear about how "great" Bisping is for the next who knows how long til he fights someone credible. This matchup is for TUF fans who didnt get to see this matchup. As much push as Bisping's been getting, he's got nothing to really win and everything to lose by taking this fight. Maybe Bisping will fight Rashad, the earth will open up and swallow them both?!

-RampageUFC-
08-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Well I think its oubvious is hamill trys to trade with the count hes gonna get KTFO but I see matt taking him down, and bisping will submit him from the back. I remeber some guy of TUF 3 was like "Hes a wrestler stumbling into the world of MMA" or something like that. I could be wrong though, well have to wait and see.

Paytheplayer
08-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Wasn't the original question what would have happened had Matt not been injured on the show and they squared off then? Now, its a whole lot different than back on the show. But to answer the original question, I think on the show Bisping would have knocked him out. If you saw Matts fight against Nickels then you would agree. Matts punches looked like my 98 year old grandmothers, and Matt couldnt have knocked him out with a baseball bat. He refused to take it to the ground where his strength was, and then went and ate more PB & J sandwiches.
As for what will happen in their upcoming fight, still think Bisping has the advantage.

Mungo
08-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Wasn't the original question what would have happened had Matt not been injured on the show and they squared off then? Now, its a whole lot different than back on the show. But to answer the original question, I think on the show Bisping would have knocked him out. If you saw Matts fight against Nickels then you would agree. Matts punches looked like my 98 year old grandmothers, and Matt couldnt have knocked him out with a baseball bat. He refused to take it to the ground where his strength was, and then went and ate more PB & J sandwiches.
As for what will happen in their upcoming fight, still think Bisping has the advantage.

Ageed Bisping has the advatage this fight and Hammil looks a out of shape this fight but I'm still pullin for an upset. Hammil is talented and has tremendous power. If he can get this fight to the ground and avoid Bispings jj he can pull a decisions, MAYBE. I still think Bisping is going to win, I just hope Big Bear taught Hammil a few things and it's a good fight.

twankydawg
08-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Bisping wins and I'm sure him training with Rampage is doing alot for his game. I think that if Bisping would train here permanently he would be much better off. I agree with wanting to see him against some better comp and if he loses this one, he's taking a step back. I want to see him knockout Tito's golden boy anyway!

aaron757
08-12-2007, 06:29 AM
bisbing in the 2nd.

aaron757
08-12-2007, 06:31 AM
Ageed Bisping has the advatage this fight and Hammil looks a out of shape this fight but I'm still pullin for an upset. Hammil is talented and has tremendous power. If he can get this fight to the ground and avoid Bispings jj he can pull a decisions, MAYBE. I still think Bisping is going to win, I just hope Big Bear taught Hammil a few things and it's a good fight.

dude i nearly pissed when i saw your sig.

clnorrisiii
08-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Why would you think that training at Big Bear would help? It surely hasn't helped Tito in a LONG time? The sport has changed and I don't see how Tito has changed with it. Tito is good, don't get me wrong, but he is not doing so well recently. Split decision over Forrest Griffin, two wins over Ken Shamrock (old and WAY past his prime), loss to Chuck and a draw with Rashad. Hamill needs to find another camp if for no other reason than to get another point of view and another training style.
Bisping by knockout

bkiser81
08-15-2007, 02:30 AM
I don't see hamil doing well standing , at all . I see him doing break even at best on the ground, with no chance at sub. I don't know how he wins unless he can do what sherk did vs. Franca .

mma guru
10-07-2007, 04:48 PM
I don't see hamil doing well standing , at all . I see him doing break even at best on the ground, with no chance at sub. I don't know how he wins unless he can do what sherk did vs. Franca .
Wow is all i can say after seeing this fight you guys kept saying bisping would dominate him on his feet and would sub him on the ground/ well the opposite happend hamil dominated bisping on his feet and crontroled him on the ground . Bisping was running throught the fight and was scared of hamils wrestling abilty , i am from england and i believe that they were scared of a riot if bisping lost . No one in their right mind can say bisping deserved to win the fight hamil won all three rounds
WAR
HAMIL