PDA

View Full Version : lawler vs ninja

chokeyouout
07-18-2007, 03:26 PM
there going to be fighting one week before ufc 76 for the elitexc middleweight tittle now i know that lawler has really good standup extremely heavy hands and good takedown d but i feel like a noob saying this but i don't know to much about ninja i know hes got good mauy thai and good bjj but i haven't seen many of his fights so i don't know who takes this one i just want to know what you guys think of this fight and who you thinks going to win

CEVANS
07-18-2007, 03:29 PM
ninja is good man he looked real good in his last fight look back in shap too so ninja might take this one.this is ninja rua right i can't think of another ninja he is the older bro of shugun trains at chute box

chokeyouout
07-18-2007, 03:34 PM
yes it is ninja rua and i herd he did do good in his last fight but on the same hand lawler has also faced villasenor and destroyed him in 22 sec so i still think it could go either way

CEVANS
07-18-2007, 03:42 PM
yeah man very good point robbie has the hands to put ninja out and some wicked knees.ninja is better all around imho so i think he brings more to the fight.it's going to be a good

the dazzle
07-18-2007, 11:15 PM
sparks are going to fly! should be a great match up. I hope Ninja wins.

Intellectual
07-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Ninja for sure. Probably a decision or tko.

valheruking
07-18-2007, 11:58 PM
I'd take Ninja too, but that guy is rarely a sure ticket, looks really vunerable sometimes imo.

Ubermensch
07-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Chute Boxe Thai Clinch > MFC Thai Clinch.

Ha actually I don't see how Robbie can win it Ninja is almost as good standing up. Robbie's got some heavy hands though. And Ninja will school him on the ground so I don't see what Robbie can bring that Ninja hasn't seen.

I mean Ninja will probably spar with a heavy hitter from Chute Boxe and they have guys that are in Robbies' league so Ninja will be ready for Robbie's hands. I cant say the same for Robbie camp to help him enough with Ninjas JJ though.

Chute Boxe > MFC

tj31atr
07-19-2007, 03:22 PM
I gotta go with Lawler, but this should be a war. It was nice to see Ninja showing his skills again. Rua is a more all around fighter I will admit, and my head is telling me he has the advantage, but I'm a huge Lawler fan, so I gotta go with him.

I don't think you can take anything out of the fact that they both fought Joey V. The reason why I say this is, what can you really take from a 22 second fight, and Lawler and Rua are to different types of fighters. I can't wait for this fight to happen.

chokeyouout
07-19-2007, 06:06 PM
now you guys are right ninja has way better ground game the lawler and his standup is really good i think lawler has better standup and if he can keep it standing i think he still wins lawler does have really good takedown d but i dont know if that will be enough to stop ninjas takedowns

neonatural45
07-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Ninja is better on the feet and on the ground. Plus he has better conditioning, experience, and a better chin

moisty
07-21-2007, 07:32 AM
Ninja all day long.

yup.... and even maybe all night long... ninja by whatever he wants.

bugsy n
07-22-2007, 12:36 AM
lawler with a good left hand ko

Dork8503
07-22-2007, 02:47 AM
IMO i think Ninja is a top 10 MW. I he only has 2 losses against mw's an that was Filho and Kang no shame in losing to them. I mean the rest of his loses come from LHW and HW, i mean shit he should have beat Rampage.

I think people look at his record an think that he is crap or not that good but in fact he is really good. I just think he has some mental issues that need to be worked out an he will be really hard to beat. I think that would come from training at another camp for about a year then if he wants go back to chute.

I think Ninja is going to molest Robbie. Ninjas stand up is better, his knees are better, kicks are better, he is way better on the ground. Yeah Robbie can end this fight with a KO but its going to have to come when he is getting his ass beat.

Ninja by TKO early second round.

twankydawg
07-22-2007, 10:40 AM
IMO i think Ninja is a top 10 MW. I he only has 2 losses against mw's an that was Filho and Kang no shame in losing to them. I mean the rest of his loses come from LHW and HW, i mean shit he should have beat Rampage.

I think people look at his record an think that he is crap or not that good but in fact he is really good. I just think he has some mental issues that need to be worked out an he will be really hard to beat. I think that would come from training at another camp for about a year then if he wants go back to chute.

I think Ninja is going to molest Robbie. Ninjas stand up is better, his knees are better, kicks are better, he is way better on the ground. Yeah Robbie can end this fight with a KO but its going to have to come when he is getting his ass beat.

Ninja by TKO early second round.

I agree Dork, Lawler gets punked in this fight unless he catches Ninja with a lucky strike. His striking isn't all that good, especially against someone he knows can take him down and has good JJ. Look at his loss to Diaz, a prime example. He looked like he had a glass jaw after getting drop with that weak looping left.

Gmunit
07-22-2007, 01:49 PM
If Ninja doesn't get KO'd early he will win IMO, his chin is suspect at times and once the fight gets going he seems to settle in

jjqmkq
07-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Lawler has all the tools but,.......I'm not sure what his problem is. Maybe Miletech can figure it out and help the boy.

matto
07-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Lawler has all the tools but,.......I'm not sure what his problem is. Maybe Miletech can figure it out and help the boy.

ninja could submit him if he got it to the ground. lawler has good punching power and could ko him kang style, or ninja could use his muy thai to win the standup but lawler probably has the better standup.

jjqmkq
07-22-2007, 08:38 PM
If lawler comes out like he has,...he will get caught or enevitably end up on the ground and have to tap out. Ninja is simply too much. Big hands don't win fights,....MMA means the whole package and lawler just doesn't quite have it,...not sure what his problem is.

nhenry87
07-23-2007, 07:49 PM
I got to go with Lawler with this one, Ninja's stand up look sloppy in his last fight. Robbie by KO

Ramma
07-24-2007, 09:56 PM
I'd take Ninja too, but that guy is rarely a sure ticket, looks really vunerable sometimes imo.

I agree. But I will be taking Ninja anyway.

Therawuncut
07-30-2007, 07:21 PM
I gotta give the edge to Ninja, obviously, but Lawler is a f'n sparkplug! Win (Trigg) or lose (Diaz) I love his enthusiasm for standup!