PDA

View Full Version : First TUF Cast Member Champion?

Lawyer
07-20-2007, 01:09 AM
With the lightweight title probably being vacated soon, its possible that a former TUF cast member may become a champion relatively soon.

Which TUF cast member will be the first to become a champion?

*This obvious excludes the Ultimate Fighter Season 4 - Rookie fighters only, sorry Matt Serra.

AJL416AZ
07-20-2007, 01:10 AM
joe daddy

neonatural45
07-20-2007, 01:12 AM
no one

bisping or koscheck will come closest

mcdev88
07-20-2007, 01:27 AM
i would have said diego before he lost, he prob will still win a title but i think that nate will be the first. once he gets stronger i think that he will start subbing people right and left. also i think j-lau will also be a champ. the kid is a stud.

neonatural45
07-20-2007, 01:32 AM
joe daddy

unless the UFC hands him the title on a silver platter then Joe isnt going to be champ

Mac
07-20-2007, 01:39 AM
Lol at someone picking Nate. He was looking pretty bad against Hill until the sub and Manny was schooling him before the injury.

pa99fighter
07-20-2007, 03:11 AM
I will probaly get kaughed at for this but I got Forrest Griffin.He Beat Stephan Bonnar beat Bill Mahood and Elvis Simosic in the first round I had him wthe winner of the Tito Fight , He Beat Stephan Bonnar. Lost to Keith jardine :[ but then rebounded back against Hector Ramirez. if he upsets shogun whick I think he will I think he deserves a title shot.

warrior06
07-20-2007, 05:24 AM
Stevenson or Florian

Submissionist
07-20-2007, 05:27 AM
Sera is already champ but he is not on the list other than that these guys don't have a chance.

Lawyer
07-20-2007, 06:06 AM
Yeah, this list was intended for guys who made their debuts coming out of the show - in my first comment I excluded TUF 4 because they had all technically had fights in the UFC.

If BJ moves up in weight, I think its possible Joe Stevenson meets Kenny Florian for a title fight.

killerinstinct
07-20-2007, 06:14 AM
Why isn't there a Nate Quarry or Jason Thacker option??? :confusedsmilie:

Seriously though out of all those listed Koscheck has the best chance of becoming champ, the guy has very improved standup skills and he also has amazing wrestling ability, plus his submission defence isn't bad.

Ramma
07-20-2007, 06:50 AM
Look at me.. I am the 4000th post in this forum -dances-

P.S. Technically Serra already did it.. But i picked Stevenson

mcdev88
07-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Lol at someone picking Nate. He was looking pretty bad against Hill until the sub and Manny was schooling him before the injury.
nate reminds me so much of nick though. once he gets stronger and can defend the gnp better he will be able sub alot of guys.

2mcgrath
07-20-2007, 04:20 PM
i think ken flo has the best chance out of that list.each fight he has he looks better and better and looks like he is still improving.and i think he has what it takes to one day be a champ

CEVANS
07-20-2007, 07:30 PM
I don't think any on that list will have a chance any time soon.kenny not as long as bj is at 155 same with joe daddy,i think i'm going to go with MATT HAMILL

sandywh
07-21-2007, 06:46 AM
Joe Stevenson has the best chance at becoming champ (with or without Sherk relinquishing) The only other TUFer that can concievably put together a run to a title is Mike Swick, and he's quite a way off.

perc10
07-21-2007, 08:02 AM
Matt Serra

delirious0511
07-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Matt Serra

didnt they already state TWICE that matt serra is excluded from this discussion??.....well anywho i think that stevenson and ken-flo are probably most likely and in my opinion probably will because in my my mind assuming bj still says WW instead of LW dana already has ken-flo penciled in for the title match and if stevenson wins i think hes pretty made a point that he deserves a title shot wins over cummo, edwards, mishima, guillard and then pellegrino would be pretty damn impressive...

chokeyouout
07-22-2007, 12:21 AM
i see k-flo and joe daddy goin for the lw tittle assuming bj moves back up and one of them will win idk who but im pullin for k-flo and maybe kendell grove if he gets a few more wins sense the mw class isn't the most stacked he might get a shot and has a chance of winning

ufobydeath
07-22-2007, 12:29 AM
I see KenFlo and Daddy going for the title if (ah, who am I kidding - When) the title gets vacated, but I seriously doubt that they'll take it (especially if BJ stays at LW)

Masscore
07-22-2007, 03:42 AM
If Kos gets by GSP that he has a great chance to do it.

Evans is still in the running, he has a lot of potential, the question is will he make it.

Joe Lauzon is going to be in the running, along with Stevenson at LW.

jcflores
07-23-2007, 12:58 AM
I pick Lauzon and Joe Daddy in the LW. Nate if he lvls up a bit whe he gets more exp.

Mcfrizzle
07-24-2007, 04:20 AM
id go with joe daddy over ken-flo if they fight, so im gonna say Joe Stevenson is the first to claim gold
i was gonna go with swick, but no matter what, i dont think swick could do it
i mean if he stays at middleweight, he'll get his ass whooped by silva. if he goes welterweight, i cant see him beatin gsp or hughes

JPeezy
07-24-2007, 05:24 AM
I see Sanchez beating Fitch and then being the #1 contender after the winner of Hughes/Serra fights the winner of Koscheck/GSP.

I think Hughes beats Serra, GSP beats Kos and Hughes, the Sanchez beats GSP...

Call me crazy, but that's how I see it...

neonatural45
07-24-2007, 07:20 AM
I see Sanchez beating Fitch and then being the #1 contender after the winner of Hughes/Serra fights the winner of Koscheck/GSP.

you also see sanchez in the top 10 pound for pound, so its hard to take this seriously

CEVANS
07-24-2007, 06:14 PM

LOL ok your crazy

dunn1866
07-30-2007, 03:55 AM
fedor and randy dream match

I would not miss that for the world.