PDA

View Full Version : How good is Fedor?

parp
07-20-2007, 07:22 PM
I've heard he's a great fighter, but when I did a google image search he looks like he doesn't even work out.

valheruking
07-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Your joking right?, assuming your not all i can say is looks arent everything man, he is technically really very good, good chin,great ground game, great takedowns, great standup, great gas tank, very fast, very strong, just a great all-round fighter and as of now he can be considered the best in the world, it'll take someone good or a cut to beat him.

Nate_Deezy
07-20-2007, 07:32 PM
I've heard he's a great fighter, but when I did a google image search he looks like he doesn't even work out.

Yeah he doesn't look physically threatening at all imo, until you know who he is. When I first joined this site, I had no idea who he was and was in the same position as you. My best advice would be to look up some highlight videos of his on Youtube.

jesusatemyhotdog
07-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Fedor's weight training is exclusively plyometrics: chin - ups, push - ups, box jumps, etc.

He trains for explosiveness, not pure strength or appearance.

As Nate Deezy said go to youtube or dailymotion. If you are going to be a fan of this sport, you must be acquainted with the greatest of all time.

matto
07-20-2007, 08:03 PM
simply the best.

neonatural45
07-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Fedor is so good that you are in danger becuase you made this thread questioning how good he is

Palma
07-20-2007, 08:11 PM
You guys need to take it easy on this guy. He is posting in Noob section and asked a very objective question because it appears he really just wanted to know the answer. I feel like we are the MMA Nazis with a god complex sometimes on people who don't have common knowledge. I repped him just because I know someone negged him.

neonatural45
07-20-2007, 08:13 PM
You guys need to take it easy on this guy. He is posting in Noob section and asked a very objective question because it appears he really just wanted to know the answer. I feel like we are the MMA Nazis with a god complex sometimes on people who don't have common knowledge. I repped him just because I know someone negged him.

I dont think he is in the red for making this thread.... half of his posts have been begging for rep

I have no problem with threads like these and I would have given him a serious answer but a couple people before me already did

bradlee180
07-20-2007, 08:15 PM
No other fighter is even remotely close to Fedor's run of victories against the best in the world. The question now is just how far is Fedor going to take it? It's seems unbelievable that he just keeps winning.

Legend
07-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah he looks like a regular Joe but quite simply he is the baddest man on the planet.

matto
07-20-2007, 08:17 PM
he has a point how fedor doesnt look like that he is in the best shape or you typical top fighter, but he still is the best.

valheruking
07-20-2007, 08:24 PM
I looked at this thread right when it was made and the guy had neg rep, so i dont think it was because of this.
Probably from his first 3 posts which are all asking for rep.

Palma
07-20-2007, 08:28 PM
I looked at this thread right when it was made and the guy had neg rep, so i dont think it was because of this.
Probably from his first 3 posts which are all asking for rep.

I see what you mean. I guess I have to neg rep him tomorrow to make things even.

valheruking
07-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Haha, nice.

2mcgrath
07-20-2007, 08:43 PM
fedor is the baddest hw on the planet fighting right now.

leelandk
07-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Watch some HL's
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8762652198751834650&q=fedor&hl=en

Gmunit
07-20-2007, 09:28 PM

he's got that big strong russian body that isn't overly muscular

got to dailymotion.com and watch some of his fights, you WILL be impressed, the guy is on another level

eazye76
07-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Fedor is the only guy that could make me bet a lot of money against Randy Couture.

Dork8503
07-20-2007, 10:17 PM
He is like Barry Bonds of home runs.

Dont give me shit i like Bonds.

He was like the early yankees when they were untstoppable

Hes the scary man you dream about, when you shoot him he only gets more pissed.

I mean he out struck Mirko when they fought. He is just magic

Severn
07-20-2007, 11:04 PM
I like Bonds to so :angry4:

Anyway Fedor is the best. Reasons have been stated by many above but what I find humerous is how with each interview with Fedor and others who train Fedor his kilometer runs get longer and longer. First it was nine kilometers a day then 12. lol

He's already becoming the stuff of legend but his training regiment will be just as legendary. By the end he'll have ran 20 kilometers a day while single handedly keeping Russia safe from the evil terrorist organization known as Cobra.

Palma
07-20-2007, 11:05 PM
He is like Barry Bonds of home runs.

Dont give me shit i like Bonds.

He was like the early yankees when they were untstoppable

Hes the scary man you dream about, when you shoot him he only gets more pissed.

I mean he out struck Mirko when they fought. He is just magic

Before Chuck Norris goes to sleep he checks under his bed for Fedor...

Submissionist
07-20-2007, 11:15 PM

:lmfao:

nezlam1
07-20-2007, 11:21 PM

he doesn't look like a killer but in the ring he is. Don't judge a book by its cover

matto
07-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Fedor is the only guy that could make me bet a lot of money against Randy Couture.

lol, that is a good explanation.

blah
07-21-2007, 04:03 PM
he's supposedly the best at hw, but i think he lacks the heart. he definitely is too mechanical when he fights, he's missing style but he does always find a way to win. he prepares enough for that to happen

neonatural45
07-21-2007, 04:26 PM
he's supposedly the best at hw, but i think he lacks the heart. he definitely is too mechanical when he fights, he's missing style but he does always find a way to win. he prepares enough for that to happen

when has Fedor showed lack of heart??? or are you just saying that becuase you are biased?

valheruking
07-21-2007, 04:34 PM
WTF?
No heart?, you've seen him come back from being slammed on his head/nearly ko'd, cut, nearly sub'd only to win shortly after right?

No style?, you've seen him slam Herring to the ground, gnp Kohsaka, sub coleman with the same armbar twice, escape every sub attempt by Minatauro, blast Goodridge and Cro Cop with strikes when its supposedly their element right?, cause it sound like you need to do some research on Fedor.

neonatural45
07-21-2007, 04:41 PM
WTF?
No heart?, you've seen him come back from being slammed on his head/nearly ko'd, cut, nearly sub'd only to win shortly after right?

No style?, you've seen him slam Herring to the ground, gnp Kohsaka, sub coleman with the same armbar twice, escape every sub attempt by Minatauro, blast Goodridge and Cro Cop with strikes when its supposedly their element right?, cause it sound like you need to do some research on Fedor.

lol, I know. The best part is when he says that Fedor is "supposedly" the best heavyweight in the world

valheruking
07-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Haha i know that bit got me too.

Intellectual
07-21-2007, 06:22 PM

we're talking about Fedor right?

Intellectual
07-21-2007, 06:24 PM
by the way, anyone remember Rulon Gardner?

dont judge book by cover

eazye76
07-21-2007, 06:31 PM

Just out of curiosity, Who do you think is the best HW in th world?

Steve88
07-21-2007, 07:28 PM
How good was Michael Jordan? How good is Tiger Woods? How good was Wayne Gretsky?.. Fedor is the best, simply the best.

Gmunit
07-21-2007, 08:01 PM
How good was Michael Jordan? How good is Tiger Woods? How good was Wayne Gretsky?.. Fedor is the best, simply the best.

good enough for a "Z" in his last name, Gretzky

Gurry
07-21-2007, 09:57 PM
fedor gives chuck norris nightmares, thats how good he is

Noob
07-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Eh, he's not that good. I could take him.

Read: Intense sarcasm.

Submissionist
07-21-2007, 11:42 PM
Eh, he's not that good. I could take him.

Read: Intense sarcasm.

Ill back you up after I have had about 15-20 beers :partysmilie4:

Noob
07-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Ill back you up after I have had about 15-20 beers :partysmilie4:" smilieid="100" class="inlineimg" />

Lol, as long as you keep that sig you can do whatever you want.

bradlee180
07-22-2007, 03:12 PM
I acknowledge that Fedor is the best in the world, but how many of you would say he's your favorite fighter?
I always tune in to watch him, but there's quite a few other guys I'd rather watch than Fedor. CroCop, Rampage, or Georges St.Pierre for example though they don't win every fight and even get KO'ed every now and then.

valheruking
07-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Hes my favourite fighter.

Submissionist
07-22-2007, 03:20 PM
For me Mirko then Fedor, flame on :fingersmilie:

twankydawg
07-22-2007, 06:59 PM
I often tell people who know nothing about MMA about the "Baddest Man on the Planet". For effect I let them watch the Zulu fight and his fight against Big Nog for the title......then they agree.

He's the one guy that has taken on all comers and either put them away or won a decision that wasn't a surprise. He's the most dominate champion in all of sports hand down.

And yes, he's one of my favorite fighters, I don't just like watching him, he's one of my favorites.

Mirko
07-22-2007, 07:45 PM
I think someone said "on the eight day God created Fedor", that pretty much sums it up.

matto
07-22-2007, 07:45 PM
i dont know, iv heard that he was pritty good, but i wouldnt rank him higher then sylvia.:grinsmile1:

nhenry87
07-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Hes the #1 heavyweight in the world hands down.

Matt2006
07-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Fedor is so straight faced with a blank explanation on his face when he fights, it kinda freaks me out... damn the guy is good.

rivethead
07-25-2007, 11:25 AM

When the bogeyman needs to scare his own kids, he tells them about Fedor.

rh

twankydawg
07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
fedor is the baddest hw on the planet fighting right now.

I somewhat disagree. Fedor is the baddest motherfucker walking the planet right now. Not just the baddest HW, not just the baddest P4P, he's the 1 guy on this planet who is unquestionably not going to get his ass kicked by anyone on the face of this earth. He is the closest thing to supernatural you are ever going to see and he's by far the greatest champion ever of any sport at this point. Are there any other champs who have defended a title as much as he has? 13 times I think. I don't know of any champion in any sport that can say they haven't lost a contest in at least 5-7 years. I'm speaking off the cuff so I could be off a little bit but I know I'm pretty damn close.

rh

LMAO! Rep'd!

Warchief
07-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Not only that he has skills and tough...but Fedor is almost undefeated, Da!!! he is definitely good.

Clint
07-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Meh he would still get armbombed by Tom.

twankydawg
07-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Meh he would still get armbombed by Tom.

:speechless3: :bant:

Just kidding! :beatup:

CEVANS
07-25-2007, 03:37 PM
GnP he re-invented
beat the hell out of cro cop standing
made nog look like a little boy
colemn was his bitch twice (when colmen was still good)
big timmy would not fight him

when God wants to take someone out of this world he calls FEDOR first to ask if it's ok

Ramma
07-25-2007, 03:50 PM
GnP he re-invented
beat the hell out of cro cop standing
made nog look like a little boy
colemn was his bitch twice (when colmen was still good)
big timmy would not fight him

when God wants to take someone out of this world he calls FEDOR first to ask if it's ok

lol, and don't forget, the pecking order is Fedor, Chuck Norris, God...

even Chuck Norris is #2 to Fedor..

Howie
07-25-2007, 04:02 PM
to answer it simply....

have you ever wondered who the GUY in MMA is?

well Fedor is that guy

Ramma
07-25-2007, 04:25 PM
to answer it simply....

well Fedor is that guy
So... what are you trying to say.... ?

:wavesmile:

Afro
07-25-2007, 04:54 PM
by the way, anyone remember Rulon Gardner?

dont judge book by cover
Why are you forcing everyone to watch Kid get KO'd over and over again in your sig? =(

twankydawg
07-25-2007, 05:12 PM
to answer it simply....

well Fedor is that guy

He isn't just the "GUY" in MMA....he's the one guy on the planet that is not going to get his ass whooped no matter who steps to him. The quote that says no matter how bad you are, there is always someone badder than you..........doesn't apply here. :grinsmile1:
He's the closest thing to supernatural we've ever seen. He would be the equivalent of Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, and Ozzie Smith rolled into 1 baseball player. Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Dion Sanders, and 3 linebackers rolled into 1 football player.

lol, and don't forget, the pecking order is Fedor, Chuck Norris, God...

even Chuck Norris is #2 to Fedor..

When Chuck Norris wants to fart, he calls Fedor to ask if it's ok. When Fedor needs someone to wash his Jockstrap, he calls Chuck.

The name of this thread should be changed to "Fedor Nuthugging"!

Typhoid
07-25-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm a relative new comer to MMA... but from the few Fedor fights I have watched, he is a monster.

--

twankydawg
07-26-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm a relative new comer to MMA... but from the few Fedor fights I have watched, he is a monster.

--

Wrong man, he eats fuckin monsters for a snack.

CEVANS
07-26-2007, 09:08 AM
LMAO it should be changed to fedor nuthugging

i only nuthug him so much because i know he is everywhere and don't want him to kill me

eazye76
07-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Is this a thread or a book?

CHUCKtheCHAMP
07-27-2007, 08:22 PM
this thread has made me lol multiple times...

and yes fedor is the only man to ever round house kick chuck norris...

Punk Ass
07-27-2007, 08:48 PM

rh

The funny thing is, this could really be true. Just look at how he permanently scared Mark Colemans kids.

Fedor destroyed their protector, I think they will cry everytime they see Fedor's face.

Dork8503
07-27-2007, 09:03 PM
The funny thing is, this could really be true. Just look at how he permanently scared Mark Colemans kids.

Fedor destroyed their protector, I think they will cry everytime they see Fedor's face.

LOL yeah. Fedor could also be a Japanese folk story by now

matto
07-27-2007, 10:25 PM

rofl, i tried not laughing when coleman's kids came into the ring but just couldnt help it.

Steel
07-27-2007, 11:34 PM
This is a good question to ask because Fedor does not have the huge, super muscular/cut look you'd expect when hearing about such a dangerous fighter.

However, his skills are off the hook..he can take a hit(watch the Randleman/Fedor fight where Fedor gets dropped on his head and shrugs it off like mild dandruff).

Most importantly (to me anyway) he has the mental edge. He knows he is the best, he believes he is death with gloves and that gives him the edge IMHO.

matto
07-28-2007, 12:17 AM
This is a good question to ask because Fedor does not have the huge, super muscular/cut look you'd expect when hearing about such a dangerous fighter.

However, his skills are off the hook..he can take a hit(watch the Randleman/Fedor fight where Fedor gets dropped on his head and shrugs it off like mild dandruff).

Most importantly (to me anyway) he has the mental edge. He knows he is the best, he believes he is death with gloves and that gives him the edge IMHO.

yes i agree, its stupid how people are giving this guy shit for this thread. fedor doesnt look muscular or cut, or even like the steriotypical tuff guy or fighter, but his skills are excellent. he brings well rounded to another level, he isnt just good at everything he is excellent at everything. add to that he is very humble and likes eggs and pancakes.

Steel
07-28-2007, 12:20 AM
Seriously, that Randleman drop on the head was one of the scariest things I have ever seen and he got up like nothing happened.

Fedor is death.

matto
07-28-2007, 12:25 AM
Seriously, that Randleman drop on the head was one of the scariest things I have ever seen and he got up like nothing happened.

Fedor is death.

ya i know that was crazy, fedor is basically the closest thing to a perfect fighter in every way. he knows when to be calm and not just swing wildly, he know when he needs to put on the pressure and be agressive. an honest question for somebody starting out in mma though.

Steel
07-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Oh crap. Now we did it Matto...

Fedor's first ppv will now result in him getting KTFO by Tim Sylvia which is a fate as we've jinxed it

(joke:)

matto
07-28-2007, 12:37 AM
Fedor fears Sylvia!!!

twankydawg
07-28-2007, 03:59 AM
Fedor fears Sylvia!!!

He heard you, he said he'll be right over to discuss it with you! :blink:

My suggestion.........run! :horse:

neonatural45
07-28-2007, 04:01 AM
I dont see this thread ever stopping, which is funny becuase it may be the dumbest thread we have on this forum

twankydawg
07-28-2007, 04:37 AM
I dont see this thread ever stopping, which is funny becuase it may be the dumbest thread we have on this forum

have you read some of the posts in here? hilarious!

leelandk
07-28-2007, 06:46 PM
He looks like my garbage man.

Donny77
07-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Read my sig..

jokerthief
07-29-2007, 12:15 AM

OMG, this post has to be held in consideration for post of the month.

I'm pissed that I can't rep it! (have to spread it around)

Too funny.

matto
07-29-2007, 12:17 AM
OMG, this post has to be held in consideration for post of the month.

I'm pissed that I can't rep it! (have to spread it around)

Too funny.

lol its funny, but its been around for a long ass time.

jokerthief
07-29-2007, 12:20 AM
lol its funny, but its been around for a long ass time.

Well that takes quite a bit away from it. But it was the first time I've heard it.

matto
07-29-2007, 12:45 AM
Well that takes quite a bit away from it. But it was the first time I've heard it.

chuck norris jokes have been around for a long time, then when mma fans got a hold of them they put fedor into them. seen it on sherdog atleast 2 years ago. but it is funny eaither way.

Submissionist
07-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Well Chuck >>>>> Fedo.....gets creamed while finishing :violently1:

dofking
07-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Here is what real fighters think of Fedor. I'll take their word for it.

Fedor is the best pfp fighter in the world
-Randy Couture, UFC HW Champion

Fedor is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world aside from bj Penn, those 2 are the best fighters in the world.
-Rampage Jackson, #1 contender for UFC LHW title.

It's FEDOR dude!
-Eric Pele

He is the BEST
-Mark Coleman, former UFC HW Champion and Pride GP Champion

the best in the world, no doubt
-Phil Baroni

Look, I’ve fought many people from around the world, so I’ve seen many strong fighters. But like him, never
-Renato Sobral

Fedor is on top now, it's hard to beat him now
-Pedro Rizzo

NOBODY wants to fight fedor
-Wanderlei Silva, former Pride MW Champion and GP winner

Our great champion, he is the BEST in the world.
-Josh Barnett, former UFC HW Champion and adcc Champion

Fedor has no equals in Sambo or MMA
-Aleksander Mikhailin, 3-time World Judo Champion and Fedor's former training partner

Fedor would be absolutely great in k1
-Ernesto Hoost, 4-time k1 World Champion

Fedor has no weakness! I have seen so many fights, and even the best fighters in the world have a flaw in their game but I have yet to find one in Fedor Emelianenko.
– Bas Rutten, former king of Pancrese and UFC HW Champion FSN

probably the best ever lived….he’s a living legend right now and I don’t think there’s a man on this planet who can beat him; the man is unreal. Pound for pound the best in the world
–Diego Sanchez, hooterandgreenway radio show

Fedor is my favorite
-BJ Penn, former UFC Welterweight Champion and bjj world Champion, NWFS 7/9/06

Fedor is the most incredible fighter you'll ever see
-Frank Trigg

fedor is pound-for-pound best in the world
-Shamada (Pride referee)

Fedor is a machine
-Don Frye

The best fighter to climb into ANY areana is Emelianenko fedor. He is in his own league and you can't compare nobody.
-Kevin randleman, former UFC HW Champion

Fedor is just too dominant, too good at punching people in the face. The way he punches people man he's trying to kill people, with both hands. He's in a whole different class by himself.
-Brandon Vera

He is the best and undefeated... His striking game and his ground game is the best, so that's why he is the best... He is the sh*t
-Mark Hunt, k1 World Champion

-"He’s the total package; looks can be deceiving. He’s incredibly strong, his hips are amazing, probably his best asset. Hard to hold down, hard to do anything with the guy………shit he’s just the best, that’s why he’s the best. He gets in position to throw the big bombs, he throws just as hard on the ground as he does on the feet. That’s why he’s the world Champion.” – Mark Coleman

-"He’s the fastest I’ve ever seen. Much faster than Mirko. And he’s got a great reaction. Technically he may not have such a big advantage, but physically he is the fastest heavy guy in MMA history. He tries a punch, misses it, then immediately shoots again, Cro Cop for example didn’t even see them coming. He must practise that a lot, because it’s not easy to improvise that kind of thing. He is really with a good combination of styles, he can go from one art to the other, that’s what makes him different." – Antonio Rodorigo Nogueira

-"He has a fast eye, good for counter-attacking. And in every fight he shows up with something new under his sleeve. Against Filipovic he used a great clinch-strike combo: he’d go for the uchi-mata, quickly following with a powerful hook." - Pedro Rizzo

valheruking
07-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Holy shit some impressive quotes there, Hoosts is pretty crazy.
I've read many of these before and remember some from different things like Pride decade and the Brazillians united against Fedor article, but i hadnt heard some, good to have them all in one spot, rep'd.

CEVANS
08-02-2007, 01:15 PM
that was the smartest thing i have ever heard diego say

twankydawg
08-03-2007, 06:54 PM
that was the smartest thing i have ever heard diego say

LMAO! Me too!

I'd actually like to see him take on more than one guy, I bet he could fucking do it!

eazye76
08-26-2007, 05:57 PM
New question: How good is Randy?