PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Milk

Kimuras"R"Us
07-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Anyone try it? See any advantages over normal Whey? Any other comments? What are you wearing right now?

Rufio
07-21-2007, 10:12 AM
It tastes better than anything else. And it has a lot of vitamins, but at long as you're taking a multi-vitamin who cares. It doesn't have whey isolate so it's really not a good source of whey. It's a great source of cassein and "good" fats, so it's perfect to take a few hours after your workout or before bed for anti-catabolic effects.

For whey you need some whey isolate like Dymatize, ON Gold Standard, or Isopure.

adonis
07-21-2007, 04:08 PM
It tastes good because of the fat they add. Otherwise its a normal whey with fat, and a vitamin coimplex.

Buy a cheaper powder, add your own fats (i like a heavy milk, and some coconut oil), and take a multi.

Ramma
07-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Anyone try it? See any advantages over normal Whey? Any other comments? What are you wearing right now?

It is pretty damn good actually. I used to drink it.. Comes in all types of flavors and sizes. CVS even sells it now. It is certainly a good thing to have on the move.

Kimuras"R"Us
07-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Afro
07-22-2007, 03:08 AM
I just bought 2 packs today, love the stuff

Ramma
07-26-2007, 04:40 AM
Oh, and CVS sells an imitation brand of Muscle Milk as well, that is cheaper

3Aleksandar3
07-31-2007, 05:59 PM
I strongly urge anyone who is considering using muscle milk to read this report on the potential health risks:

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1231523

dagreat1
08-01-2007, 02:04 AM
It's great, I have tons of it and drink it daily. As Rufio said, it's great after workouts and before bed.

It is pricey if you buy it a GNC or a drug store (retail is around $42.00 per 15 serving container) but go here and you will find it for as low as $21.99. Right now it's at $24.99. Just go to the website, purchase the GNC gold card for $5.00 and you will get the discount (the GNC gold card is good for 1 year).

I buy almost all of my vitamins and supplements from them, thier prices are unmatched.
If you take Xyience NOX-CG3 you will save a ton of money as well.

When I first purchased from them I was concerend that the price was reflective of the expiration date but when my stuff showed up, the expiration date was 1.5 years from the date I purchased it. They are legit.

http://www.drugstore.com/search/search_results.asp?N=0&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntk=All&srchtree=1&Ntt=muscle+milk

Ubermensch
08-01-2007, 10:04 AM
I strongly urge anyone who is considering using muscle milk to read this report on the potential health risks:

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1231523

If you use Trimethylglycine with it it counteracts those stated problems I don't use Muscle Milk (don't like it) but if it has it, it should be cool your Methyglycine levels should be 4 to 1 if you are to use anything with Glycocyamine.

Frasedog
08-01-2007, 11:42 PM
I've tried it, along with many others. I prefer Optimum Nutrition (ON) in the Strawberry flavor. 24g protein, only 2g of carbs per scoop. I usually mix two scoops with 12-16 oz of 1% milk, for a total of about 60g of protein per shake. Plus its cheap. $18.99 at Vitamin Shop.

Jellypig
08-03-2007, 01:09 AM
I've tried it, along with many others. I prefer Optimum Nutrition (ON) in the Strawberry flavor. 24g protein, only 2g of carbs per scoop. I usually mix two scoops with 12-16 oz of 1% milk, for a total of about 60g of protein per shake. Plus its cheap. $18.99 at Vitamin Shop.Wow that is amazing. Packs on tons of protein at the price of 19$? Crazy. Wish I had that a few years back.

dagreat1
08-03-2007, 08:17 AM
^^^ Muscle Milk has 32g per serving.

pillow
08-03-2007, 05:48 PM
^^^ Muscle Milk has 32g per serving.

but a serving is two scoops.

Still, I use it post workout, one and a half scoops Banana Creme with 12 oz. milk

dagreat1
08-09-2007, 01:17 PM

Still, I use it post workout, one and a half scoops Banana Creme with 12 oz. milk

True, I missed the serving size and assumed it was 2 scoops.

I have Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla (I prefer Strawberry over the other 2 but they are all great). I haven't tried Banana Creme but I can't stand using milk in any of the 3 I have, it is just way too rich and makes it very hard to drink. I use ice cold water and 2 scoops, then drink a glass of milk afterwards.

Clint
08-09-2007, 03:36 PM

banana cream is the shit. I've had a couple different flavors but so far it has always been the best.

nate
08-21-2007, 08:20 PM
muscle milk is good when it comes taste... but it does have alot of fat per serving compared to the amouth of protein (32-34 grams) per serving... myoplex shakes dont have as much fat or sugar and have 10 grams more protein per serving (42 g)... it also has alot more vitamins and amino acids...

Clint
08-21-2007, 08:23 PM
muscle milk is good when it comes taste... but it does have alot of fat per serving compared to the amouth of protein (32-34 grams) per serving... myoplex shakes dont have as much fat or sugar and have 10 grams more protein per serving (42 g)... it also has alot more vitamins and amino acids...
It depends all on what you need. The fat happens to be Medium Chain Triglycerides which are much more likely to be used as energy then to be stored as fat. In general this is good because it provides you energy without an insulin spike and it promotes your body to use fat as a primary energy source.