PDA

View Full Version : Broken toe tips

Tokyo's bad boy
07-21-2007, 08:44 PM
I think I broke my toe today helping out with a blue belt test in my BJJ school. I'm not sure if its broke, but its swollen and hurts. I've had countless bumps and brusies with my feet before and probably have broken things in my feet and not even know it. I was just curious to get your thoughts on training if it is broken. I don't want to stop training (I also do muay thai and teach tkd) and I have a BJJ tourney in Aug. I'll prob just wrap it and not kick with that foot, but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Clint
07-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Wrap it, Ice it, keep it elevated and keep off of it as much as possible. You might be better off to atleast take a day or two off to let it recover and then get back to training.

Frasedog
08-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Sorry man, there's not much that can be done. I f***'d my big toe up about a month ago and it still hurts when I bend it more than when I take a normal step. I was buddy taping for a few days afterward. It made walking a lot less painful. My chiropractor also tried "cold laser" therapy on it. I can't honestly say that it made a difference, or if it was time that helped, but it was worth a try.