PDA

View Full Version : Should Vick be allowed to play?

Bullock
07-22-2007, 10:34 PM
W/ the indictment and all this shit about killing dogs and stuff, should Vick ba allowed to play in the NFL this season?

Mac
07-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Fuck no, he should be doused in water, electrocuted, hanged and then bashed into the ground.

My son had a Vick jersey, we threw it away.

Bullock
07-22-2007, 10:37 PM
poll added.

TheBonger
07-22-2007, 10:40 PM
its a really really tough issue but I have too say yes. We live in a country where you are innocent until proven guilty and it has too be proven IMO. Personally I think ATL should cut him but thats kinda hard too do especially since they traded away Shuab in the offseason. But even if ATL did that he would be picked up by somebody immediately.

On a side note, this makes me really sad, not only all the animal cruelty which is horrible. But i remember watching Vick at VT then his early years in ATL and I can honestly say I thought the guy was going to "change the game". He has as much physical ability as anyone too ever play the game, but has never really had the "head" for the game, sad story.

Bullock
07-22-2007, 10:44 PM
As senior member of the Democratic party, and former member of the KKK Robert Byrd said during a speech to congress last week, "BARBARIC!..... Hear Me! BARBARIC."

http://byrd.senate.gov/byrd_at_nursing_school_dedi.gif

matto
07-23-2007, 01:37 AM
innocent until proven guilty, even thought tank johnson was just accused and later the charges were dropped. but he was in trouble with the law alot before that incident so that is probably why the bears released him. i say yes until he is proven guilty. but if he is cought then fuck him, dog fighting is fucking bs, and he should get the harshist punishment out there. to think that he used to be one of my fav qb's.:angrrry:

error2k5
07-23-2007, 02:03 AM
I wish these people such as PETA and robert byrd would keep quiet in this. Their reputations aren't exactly respectable. Also, i'm one of the guys that have been constantly preaching innocent until proven guilty. Ray lewis and Kobe bryant both were pummeled by the media before they were proven to be innocent.

That being said, the evidence against vick is enormous. I'm torn with this issue being a titans fan and having pacman suspended for a year without being convicted. Goodell whines and cries about the leagues image and coming down. This vick situation is bad for the league's image. He should remain consistent. What makes this even worse, is the fact that pac was suspended for 1 year without being convicted.

So what happens to vick if he is convicted of something?

matto
07-23-2007, 02:30 AM
I wish these people such as PETA and robert byrd would keep quiet in this. Their reputations aren't exactly respectable. Also, i'm one of the guys that have been constantly preaching innocent until proven guilty. Ray lewis and Kobe bryant both were pummeled by the media before they were proven to be innocent.

That being said, the evidence against vick is enormous. I'm torn with this issue being a titans fan and having pacman suspended for a year without being convicted. Goodell whines and cries about the leagues image and coming down. This vick situation is bad for the league's image. He should remain consistent. What makes this even worse, is the fact that pac was suspended for 1 year without being convicted.

So what happens to vick if he is convicted of something?

he goes to jail most likely. probably over a year, but there have been cases where they have only been charged a huge amount, but if that happened to vick it wouldnt matter for him since it would be chump change for him.

nezlam1
07-23-2007, 03:53 AM
Its all about whats in the best interest for the Falcons and the NFL. If Pacman Jones can be suspended for the season why not Mike Vick? Its just gives the NFL a black eye to let him play. I can't see the Falcons team wanting to deal with this bs all year when trying to focus on winning football games

neonatural45
07-23-2007, 04:48 AM
I burned my old vick jeresey and I hope to never lay eyes on that peice of shit human being ever again

Palma
07-23-2007, 05:30 AM
If Vick was on the Raiders he woul aready have been suspended.

SimpleJack
07-23-2007, 12:16 PM
I'd like to hear some of the guys from the deep south weigh in on this. Most media outlets (ESPN, etc.) are located in the wonderfully liberal northeast where this type of stuff is just unheard of and appalling. Now, you take average Joe from the DEEP south, and ask him about fighting dogs and he'll point you to a fight later that night. There's just a difference.

I'm not condoning it in any way because I love dogs and most other animals, but I grew up in a very rural farm community in Eastern Indiana where you were paid a dollar per (feral) cat that you killed by the local farmers. Things are just different.

I say he's innocent right now. If convicted of a felony, 2-3 year ban.

eazye76
07-23-2007, 04:12 PM
I'd like to hear some of the guys from the deep south weigh in on this. Most media outlets (ESPN, etc.) are located in the wonderfully liberal northeast where this type of stuff is just unheard of and appalling. Now, you take average Joe from the DEEP south, and ask him about fighting dogs and he'll point you to a fight later that night. There's just a difference.

I'm not condoning it in any way because I love dogs and most other animals, but I grew up in a very rural farm community in Eastern Indiana where you were paid a dollar per (feral) cat that you killed by the local farmers. Things are just different.

I say he's innocent right now. If convicted of a felony, 2-3 year ban.
I'm not from the deep South(East Tenn), but I am deep enough to where part of the population condones dog fighting. A lot of people from here and North Carolina raise pitbulls, and are very "interested" in dogs. Most people are normal dog loving human beings, but it's not hard to tell that dog fighting is going on in some capacity in the area. I know people who have "Pit Farms" that's what they call places where Pits are breed, bought and sold. These individuals are very secretive about what they do, but it's not hard to figure out some people are fighting dogs. Also the the opinions of certain parts of the population are very lax on animal fighting/cruelty. It just seems like some people see their dogs as objects/possesions. Also there is a place about an hour away from me called Newport, that is known for chicken fights and other lawless behavior.
It's important to note that I live in a nice town with mostly regular people, it is a small, mostly rural culture I'm talking about that do this stuff.

Bullock
07-23-2007, 05:05 PM

I lived in NC for my formative years and everyone hated that shit down there as much as we do up here in Ohio.

People do that shit up here too, its not like it's a southern thing only.

Vick just got busted so it puts the spotlight on the area he is from but that shit is a bunch of underground circuits spread all over the country.

People who can do that shit to animals and not feel sick and remorseful about it are seriously messed up in the head.

eazye76
07-23-2007, 05:14 PM
I lived in NC for my formative years and everyone hated that shit down there as much as we do up here in Ohio.

Vick just got busted so it puts the spotlight on the area he is from but that shit is a bunch of underground circuits spread all over the country.

Yeah, the Dirty South gets a bad rap, I would imagine people do heartless shit everywhere.
I really don't see Vick serving much, if any, jail time though.

Metalhead
07-23-2007, 07:43 PM
I think, no matter what pro sport you play, if you're before the courts you should not play until the proceedings are over.

TheBonger
07-23-2007, 07:47 PM

People who can do that shit to animals and not feel sick and remorseful about it are seriously messed up in the head.

well said, us southerns are always getting a bad rap. I do know of a few places where I could go and FIND a dog fight but as said previously I do not think it is a problem that you will find only in the south.

Also what part of NC?

TheBonger
07-23-2007, 07:50 PM
I think, no matter what pro sport you play, if you're before the courts you should not play until the proceedings are over.

i disagree, Pro Athletes are targets because of their wealth and fame. There has too be a higher rate of false accustations levied against them, then any of sect of people. IF you this people can longer preform there job because of a false accusation, what kind of country are we living in?

concac12472
07-23-2007, 11:11 PM
No in my opinion.

Bullock
07-24-2007, 02:46 AM
well said, us southerns are always getting a bad rap. I do know of a few places where I could go and FIND a dog fight but as said previously I do not think it is a problem that you will find only in the south.

Also what part of NC?

I lived in Rocky Mount, NC.

Small town, about 50,000 people when I lived there.

Mac
07-24-2007, 02:54 AM
i disagree, Pro Athletes are targets because of their wealth and fame. There has too be a higher rate of false accustations levied against them, then any of sect of people. IF you this people can longer preform there job because of a false accusation, what kind of country are we living in?
i disagree, what about when Vick got caught with weed in the hidden compatrment of a bottle. All of the sudden it wasn't there, bullshit, someone stepped in and made that go away. If I got caught like that at the airport, I wouldn't get away scot-free.

I will agree that once a pro-athelete does something illegal, then their wealth and fame make them easier to target when they do something wrong again, but I think alot of these guys get away with stuff that we wouldn't because they make money for the NFL, Nike, Reebok, etc.

liddell316
07-24-2007, 05:14 AM
It's time for sports to set an example and not let celebs continue to get away with just a 'slap on the wrist' over and over again.

If they find him guilty, ban him for good. Can you honestly say he should be allowed to play no matter how good he may be? Because if you do, then once again an athlete is getting a free pass because of their stardom, it's bullshit and needs to stop.

SimpleJack
07-24-2007, 03:18 PM

I don't disagree that it's done in the midwest. That's true. However, I would be willing to bet that things are a little different in Louisiana, Mississippi, etc. As a matter of fact, I have family in Slidell Louisiana and the shit goes on very frequently there along with Cockfighting. REGULARLY.

Gmunit
07-24-2007, 03:23 PM
No, I don't think he should be allowed to play, he should go to jail whether he knew about that shit going on at his house or not, you own that house you pay the penalty for what's going on inside IMHO

SimpleJack
07-24-2007, 03:26 PM
No, I don't think he should be allowed to play, he should go to jail whether he knew about that shit going on at his house or not, you own that house you pay the penalty for what's going on inside IMHO
Then I go to jail if a tenant in my rental unit gets caught plugging his 13 yr. old girlfriend????? That doesn't seem fair.

TheBonger
07-24-2007, 08:18 PM

no shit! I grew up in a tiny little town about 30 miles west of RM, Oak City. Went to Rocky Mount all the time, it was going into "town" for us.

TheBonger
07-24-2007, 08:22 PM
i disagree, what about when Vick got caught with weed in the hidden compatrment of a bottle. All of the sudden it wasn't there, bullshit, someone stepped in and made that go away. If I got caught like that at the airport, I wouldn't get away scot-free.

I will agree that once a pro-athelete does something illegal, then their wealth and fame make them easier to target when they do something wrong again, but I think alot of these guys get away with stuff that we wouldn't because they make money for the NFL, Nike, Reebok, etc.

Im not so sure on the whole bottle thing with Vick who knows what happened there, and sure the money makes it easier too get off I never said it didnt. What I said is they are the targets of false accusation more often due too there money and fame. Also with all of the media coverage, alot of this guys are cruified before they ever enter the court room. It's really a double-edged sword because on one hand you have the resources too fight it but on the other you have too fight it more then a normal average joe would.

jamesg2323
07-24-2007, 08:23 PM

...I grew up in a small town....98 people when I lived there. 3 bars and 1 church.

scottsec
07-24-2007, 10:08 PM
I don't disagree that it's done in the midwest. That's true. However, I would be willing to bet that things are a little different in Louisiana, Mississippi, etc. As a matter of fact, I have family in Slidell Louisiana and the shit goes on very frequently there along with Cockfighting. REGULARLY.
I live right outside of New Orleans and i could get in my car and probably find a dog fight that same night....and i dont knw anyone who does it but alot of people do. it happens alot in the inner city and also alot in the rural areas outside of New Orleans. I think its sick. MV should be punished to the full extent of the law. i wouldnt be surprised if some other big name sports figures were invoved...

Dork8503
07-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Vick is a pile of shit they should throw him in with a pack of wild mean angry dogs.

An its Guilty until proven innocent, i mean tech its not but when u hear about something you think their guilty just like sherk and anyone else, their guilty until they prove their not.

TheBonger
07-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Vick is a pile of shit they should throw him in with a pack of wild mean angry dogs.

An its Guilty until proven innocent, i mean tech its not but when u hear about something you think their guilty just like sherk and anyone else, their guilty until they prove their not.

I dont think the Sherk comparsion fits here, he has already been proven guilty ala failed drug test. So yea now he does have too prove himself innocent but in Vicks case I havent seen any hard evidence (Im sure they have some) so they have too prove him guilty.

Dork8503
07-30-2007, 02:41 AM
I dont think the Sherk comparsion fits here, he has already been proven guilty ala failed drug test. So yea now he does have too prove himself innocent but in Vicks case I havent seen any hard evidence (Im sure they have some) so they have too prove him guilty.

Vick = scum pile of shit. I would have a smile on my face for a while if i found out he got attacked by dogs or got ass raped either way id be happy. The guy is guilty, their is no question about that. Now comes the part if he can pay his lawyers enough money to keep his dumb ass out of jail.

thasiccest
08-05-2007, 04:37 AM
Fuck no, he should be doused in water, electrocuted, hanged and then bashed into the ground.

Best responce! Fuck him.

TheBonger
08-05-2007, 04:51 AM
Vick = scum pile of shit. I would have a smile on my face for a while if i found out he got attacked by dogs or got ass raped either way id be happy. The guy is guilty, their is no question about that. Now comes the part if he can pay his lawyers enough money to keep his dumb ass out of jail.

i dont disagree, but i have two questions for you. 1.) Do you not believe that his deserves just process? or since he is so "guilty" in your opinion should we just go into the sentencing phase? 2.) Is it right that Vick is being pursued soo heavily because of his celebrity but many other high ranking members of this ring are not.

Afro
08-05-2007, 04:54 AM
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Thaistylist
08-05-2007, 04:56 AM
Thats been lost, our legal system is fucked. If he did that shit hes a scumbag but until I hear for a fact he did it, I will hold off judgement.

neonatural45
08-05-2007, 04:59 AM
Thats been lost, our legal system is fucked. If he did that shit hes a scumbag but until I hear for a fact he did it, I will hold off judgement.

even if he gets an amazing lawyer and is proven innocent few people are going to look at him the same

Bullock
08-05-2007, 10:45 PM
From what I've heard it seems like an open-and-shut-case. Supposedly they found mass graves of dogs on Vick's property, and one of his friends is also testifying against him.

And I agree about innocent until proven guilty.

But OJ and Robert Blake were found innocent.

Were those two fucks not guilty?

TheBonger
08-06-2007, 12:21 AM
From what I've heard it seems like an open-and-shut-case. Supposedly they found mass graves of dogs on Vick's property, and one of his friends is also testifying against him.

and there are thousands more that are found guilty when they were innocent, its a flawed system but its all we got.

Afro
08-06-2007, 03:25 AM

man I hate OJ, but you gotta agree his innocence is too debatable.

thasiccest
08-06-2007, 04:52 AM
man I hate OJ, but you gotta agree his innocence is too debatable.

i disagree..... i think oj was a clear cut case, that got messed up!!!!

mcdev88
08-08-2007, 09:55 AM
i agree with the whole innocent until proven guilty. i hope he is innocent so he can smash everybody after.