PDA

View Full Version : would Stephan Bonnar have a good chance to defeat Vanderlei Silva??

BritneySpearsGuy
08-01-2006, 05:23 AM
if Stephan Bonnar ever got to figh Vanderlei Silva, i think the fight would go the distance. He went the distance against Forrest Griffin who went the distance against Tito Ortiz. Stephan is a well rounded fighter. He can stand up and strike, and he has very good ground skills.

Stephan always puts up good fights against his opponents, even when he loses. I say that this fight would go the distance and end in a very close decision.

longboarderrrr
08-01-2006, 05:45 AM
wandy would gas him in the first round then KO/TKO in middle of round two

wandy is in WAY better shape than bonner

BritneySpearsGuy
08-01-2006, 05:49 AM
but Stephan Bonnar is always prepared. If he knew that he was fighting a champion like Silva, he'd train even harder. I don't think there's anyone at 205 where Bonnar can't at least put up a competitive fight against

AJL416AZ
08-01-2006, 05:53 AM
dear lord man. did you just watch season 1 of TUF for the first time? giving Forrest Griffin a war does not mean he can touch the top LHW in the world. Wanderlei Silva has the most devastating clinch in MMA. those knees drop you, and he soccer kicks you in the dome for the rest of the round.

i give Bonnar less then a minute to get a highlight reel destruction by Wandy

BritneySpearsGuy
08-01-2006, 05:58 AM
dear lord man. did you just watch season 1 of TUF for the first time? giving Forrest Griffin a war does not mean he can touch the top LHW in the world. Wanderlei Silva has the most devastating clinch in MMA. those knees drop you, and he soccer kicks you in the dome for the rest of the round.

i give Bonnar less then a minute to get a highlight reel destruction by Wandy

Stephan will beat Forrest in the rematch. BUt these 2 guys can take a lot of punishment. Stephan Bonnar is probably better with taking strikes. Stephan is a golden gloves champion too. Stephan Bonnar will always put up a great fight when he loses. I don't think Stephan would be KOed. He'll just keep fighting

tapper
08-01-2006, 06:00 AM
hi mrs.bonnar,:wavesmile: come on man thats got to be the funniest shit ive heard yet. i dont think he would last the stare down.:boxlick:

BigJoe111
08-01-2006, 06:07 AM
Stephan will beat Forrest in the rematch. BUt these 2 guys can take a lot of punishment. Stephan Bonnar is probably better with taking strikes. Stephan is a golden gloves champion too. Stephan Bonnar will always put up a great fight when he loses. I don't think Stephan would be KOed. He'll just keep fighting
Taking a beating isn't that admirable in MMA man, it also doesn't win you many fights. Ask Cabbage. Dude you are off base, Forrest isn't nearly the man on his feet that Wand is and neither is Bonnar. Taking a beating doesn't win you fights, it just gives you concussions

BritneySpearsGuy
08-01-2006, 06:14 AM
Taking a beating isn't that admirable in MMA man, it also doesn't win you many fights. Ask Cabbage. Dude you are off base, Forrest isn't nearly the man on his feet that Wand is and neither is Bonnar. Taking a beating doesn't win you fights, it just gives you concussions

but i think Stephan Bonnar is a smart guy. If he knew that he was going to fight Silva, he'd train not to get hit and take less punches, or he would take the fight to the ground as soon as possible. Somehow, Stephan would find a way to win or at least put up a fight. He wouldn't lose that easily

fe4tw
08-01-2006, 06:29 AM
This has got to be a joke post, I mean come on, a Britney Spears fan? Pffft.

killerinstinct
08-01-2006, 06:46 AM
if Stephan Bonnar ever got to fight Vanderlei Silva, i think the fight would go the distance. He went the distance against Forrest Griffin who went the distance against Tito Ortiz. Stephan is a well rounded fighter. He can stand up and strike, and he has very good ground skills.

Stephan always puts up good fights against his opponents, even when he loses. I say that this fight would go the distance and end in a very close decision.
Yeah and maybe Clay Aiken isn't gay?Come on man this joke has gone on long enough.Now its just becoming a waste of forum space.

BPARKER72
08-01-2006, 06:47 AM
HOLY SHIT:blink: i know im new around here but you have to be fucking shitting me?? bonnar would get his clocked cleaned almost immediately.we wouldnt even get a chance to hear rogan say"WOW,WOW,WOW".bonnar blows and i hope i never see him fight again.end of story.

Bran
08-01-2006, 07:32 AM
did you see bonnar get destroyed by rashad evans? killed him and you think that silva would "make a close fight." bonnar vs. silva would be nothing more than a highlight KO for silva and a nail in bonnar's coffin.

Salvy_Mic
08-01-2006, 07:40 AM
I'm a Bonnar fan, and while he would fight as heroically as possible, it wouldn't be for long because Silva would probably TKO him somewher in the first or second rounds if Bonnar is truly stout of chin. The absolute ONLY chance Bonnar would have to make it competitive would be if he somehow took Silva down and layed on him for most of the match. And to do that, chances are he'd have to wade into and wrestle his way out of Silva's murderous clinch.

JSF1921
08-01-2006, 07:43 AM
LOL...

Silva would DESTROY HIM with ease. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

absoface78
08-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Dude, for real....the only chance Bonnar has to not get murdered is if he doesn't show up that night. I mean seriously, are some folks giving this dude too much credit, or what? Lost to Griffin, questionable win over Jardine, and man-handled by Evans.....he may have been trained by Carlson Gracie, but Wandy has a black belt, too...he usually just used it to defend and stand up, in which case it's Knee Central.

NinjaShogunRua
08-01-2006, 08:43 AM
Don't feed the troll.

Legend
08-01-2006, 08:54 AM
I would repond to this but it has to be a bullshit thread.

matto
08-01-2006, 11:53 AM
no way. wand would ko bonner. although i doubt that he could submit him,but he would ko him very easily i mean look at the poll.

BritneySpearsGuy
08-01-2006, 02:25 PM
would you guys actually bet on this fight that Silva would win by KO/TKO/submission?? I am sure that this fight would go the distance, even if it were 5 rounds

Legend
08-01-2006, 03:50 PM
would you guys actually bet on this fight that Silva would win by KO/TKO/submission?? I am sure that this fight would go the distance, even if it were 5 rounds

You are a douche for making this thread and if you actually believe this then you are an even bigger douche.

jmcmahan0206
08-01-2006, 04:04 PM
this is the most rediculous thread I have ever seen on the internet, this must be a relative of Bonnar. The mortgage of my house would be in Vegas on wandy to win before the pre-fight introductions

jmcmahan0206
08-01-2006, 04:06 PM
I wonder who voted on the poll for it to be a close decision . . .the douche can't even go out on a limb and pick Bonnar

BritneySpearsGuy
08-01-2006, 04:10 PM
I wonder who voted on the poll for it to be a close decision . . .the douche can't even go out on a limb and pick Bonnar

i voted first that it would go to a decision. Thats exactly what would happen

doublea
08-01-2006, 04:16 PM
The only real question about this fight is if Bonners head will remain attached to his body when it's over.

J zingher
08-01-2006, 05:58 PM
If you get a good seat you might have a chance of catching it.

That would be a good souvenir!

steelebone
08-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Your sharp as a tack buddy! Britney Spears Guy, shouldn't your momma be calling you for dinner soon? Cmon man did you ride the short bus? STUPID post

supermark21
08-01-2006, 11:43 PM
but Stephan Bonnar is always prepared. If he knew that he was fighting a champion like Silva, he'd train even harder. I don't think there's anyone at 205 where Bonnar can't at least put up a competitive fight against
you dont just "prepare" for wandy. like youve been saying stephan is a smart man. he would never take this fight. a better question wouldve been stephan and forest vs wand. then its almost even

Dsm634
08-02-2006, 10:55 PM
you dont just "prepare" for wandy. like youve been saying stephan is a smart man. he would never take this fight. a better question wouldve been stephan and forest vs wand. then its almost even

LOL or Stephan vs. Wand w/ one hand tied behind his back. :grinsmile1:

CHUCKtheCHAMP
08-03-2006, 01:16 AM
i voted first that it would go to a decision. Thats exactly what would happen

YOUR LAME... I HOPE YOU GET A KICK OUT OF JOKING WITH US CAUSE UNLESS YOUR A DOWN SYNDROME CHILD YOU REALLY WOULDNT THINK BONNAR COULD LAST WITH WANDY... HAHA I READ SOME EARLIER SAY HE WOULDNT LAST THE STARE DOWN.... THATS GREAT CAUSE HE REALLY WOULDNT!!!

ccl2087
08-03-2006, 04:36 PM
wandy would destroy him, bonnar isn't anywhere near wandy's level

matto
08-04-2006, 07:52 AM
bonner likes to strike and he was 2 time golden gloves superheavyweight champion. but he would get wasted by wand on the feet very easily, i dont think the fight would hit the floor, but if it did, i couldnt see wand making him tapp, or seeing bonner making wand tapp. if wand happens to beat cro cop and nog or barnett. he would be consitered a #1 contender for the hw title, if he can beat nog then he might actually stand a chance aginst fedor, or atleast more then anyone else at this time. even thought he is 205

Afro
08-04-2006, 07:57 AM
ahhh crap I accidently voted for Bonnar thinkin that Silva said Stephan =/

ddoggma
08-04-2006, 04:02 PM
I like Bonner but he's not going anywheres. Great standup,so so ground and subs.And latley he is gassing before his opponents do. I think hes happy with his poster boy statis and knows hes a 2nd tear fighter with no shot at beating the REAL fighters. ie:Wandy,Chuck Tito...etc Kj and Forrest arent good enough to say he can hang with the BIG dogs.

vigorspeed
08-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Absolutely Not, No way. Silva is in a whole different category. :partysmilie1:

prideFAN
08-18-2006, 10:44 PM
WOW another gay thread by the BritneySpearsGuy, why isn't he banned.:fingersmilie:

redemption
08-19-2006, 01:43 AM
if Stephan Bonnar ever got to figh Vanderlei Silva, i think the fight would go the distance. He went the distance against Forrest Griffin who went the distance against Tito Ortiz. Stephan is a well rounded fighter. He can stand up and strike, and he has very good ground skills.

omfg are u a moron?

The Iceman
08-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Bonnar get's KO'ed 1st round man c'mon......Silva would murder Bonnar, he is in no way ready to step in the ring or cage with Silva.

Just sneak off and hope no one notice's the thread..:sadsmile3:

j-rock
08-21-2006, 09:41 PM
I think you're on some serious drugs if you think that Bonnar stands a chance against Wanderlei Silva. Silva by KO in Round One. Wait Let me rephrase, Vicious, Devastating, Life Threatening KNOCK OUT. Come on dude, wake up.

j-rock
08-21-2006, 09:42 PM
I noticed that thread and that douche bag is out of his mind.

MMAKIng
08-21-2006, 10:42 PM
yea what a joke, that must be stephan bonners mom. bonner would never take this fight, if he did he would get absolutley mashed by wand in the first round. i hate all these kids who watch tuf and think these guys are so damm tough, they don't fight anyone. forrest fought tito but thats it. diego karo was good. but they never step to anyone with a lot of experience. look what happened to chris leben. i would love to see the same happen to ed herman

binimac
08-22-2006, 05:37 AM
no, but a great war

Sweetreef
08-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Anyone that sayd bonner has any kind of a chance against wandy is retarded. It wouldnt even last half a round

LefthookStcrook
08-23-2006, 01:43 AM

Bonnar didnt put up a competitive fight with rashad evans :grinsmile1:
Wandy would whoop him

Raiders18
08-26-2006, 04:56 AM
Silva by Murder

Afro
08-26-2006, 05:04 AM
SMH @ the 4 who didnt choose Wandy

Wandy by Whatever he feels like doin

Beatts35
08-27-2006, 12:43 AM
in a word NO! bonnar looses KO 1000/1000 times

killerinstinct
08-27-2006, 03:01 AM
in a word NO! bonnar looses KO 1000/1000 times
so your saying there's a chance?

bigc
08-30-2006, 12:22 AM
this is stupid wandy by ko

hottemperdrican
08-30-2006, 06:27 AM
Not gonna knock Stephan Bonner but he wouldn't stand a chance in hell
standing across from Wanderlei Silva!
I'm just going off the experience alone! If Bonnar attempts to fight Silva
the way he fought Griffen he's gonna find himself waking up in a hospital
bed............That's just my opinion.

ozzy2525
09-01-2006, 09:15 PM
ill give bonner 2 min silva would probably end his career the title would be ufc whatever number it is THE DEATH OF BONNER

Punk Ass
09-07-2006, 06:54 AM
I dont think my oppinion is needed here, dammit can people at least give me the chance of telling him to stop watching MMA and start watching Final Fu!!
he dont deserve to make threads here!!

rugoatee
09-08-2006, 02:27 AM

All the Boldenone in the world would not help Bonnar. Silva in under 3 minutes.

kaisq11
09-10-2006, 03:05 AM
Silva would destroy Bonnar :cruzifiedmotherfuck