PDA

View Full Version : Erasing an Upset

wgasa
07-25-2007, 06:00 AM
I got this idea from another forum, but if you could erase just one upset from an mma event, which would it be and why?

Me, I would have to choose one from UFC and one from Pride.
From UFC I would erase Cro Cop vs. Gonzaga. I would much rather see Cro Cop vs. Randy in a few weeks. How awesome would that be. I would be much less dissapointed if CC beat Couture and took the title than if Gonzaga does. From Pride I would erase Hendo vs. Wandy 2. I would love to see Silva against Rampage for the unified titles in September. Then we would know for sure if what Rampage said about his past losses being the result of poor cardio that he has now corrected, seeing as he has lost twice to Wanderlei. Instead, we have two people both making their first title defenses. But of these two, I would choose to overturn Cro Cop v. Gonzaga. I guess I just like Cro Cop more than Wandy. So what upsets would you guys change?

Ramma
07-25-2007, 06:06 AM
I got this idea from another forum, but if you could erase just one upset from an mma event, which would it be and why?

From UFC I would erase Cro Cop vs. Gonzaga. I would much rather see Cro Cop vs. Randy in a few weeks. How awesome would that be. I would be much less dissapointed if CC beat Couture and took the title than if Gonzaga does. From Pride I would erase Hendo vs. Wandy 2. I would love to see Silva against Rampage for the unified titles in September. Then we would know for sure if what Rampage said about his past losses being the result of poor cardio that he has now corrected, seeing as he has lost twice to Wanderlei. Instead, we have two people both making their first title defenses. But of these two, I would choose to overturn Cro Cop v. Gonzaga. I guess I just like Cro Cop more than Wandy. So what upsets would you guys change?

lol, I would erase almost every upset this year.. It is hard to pick just one.

Cro Cop vs. Gonzaga just because like you, I would rather see CC and Randy fight and who knows if it will ever happen now. (this is my main pick, but I have others)

I would want GSP vs. Serra to be erased because now Serra gets to hold his title all year and call himself champion with defending it once in December (and maybe not successfully), thus putting the title in limbo.

I would want to erase Hendo over Wandy and Jackson (even though it wasn't an upset really) over Chuck so they could fight as champion vs. champion instead. Would have been a much better unifying match than Hendo vs. Jackson

Submissionist
07-25-2007, 06:17 AM

CroCop because I hug his nutts and GSP. Hendo beating Wandy, imo, wasn't a big upset.

Ramma
07-25-2007, 06:34 AM
CroCop because I hug his nutts and GSP. Hendo beating Wandy, imo, wasn't a big upset.

If you are going to hug the nuts of anyone, those 2 are no one to cry about.

I drive the CC Bandwagon myself lol

and the Bob Sapp Bandwagon.. but that is only when I am drunk

the dazzle
07-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Cro Cop getting brutally KO'ed by Gonzaga. I still have nightmares about that! I also wish Shogun wouldn't have broken his arm against Coleman.

leelandk
07-25-2007, 09:34 AM
I'd go with Arona over Wand in the MW Grand Prix. How awesome would it have been to see Shogun vs. Wandy in the finals?

matto
07-25-2007, 09:55 AM
I'd go with Arona over Wand in the MW Grand Prix. How awesome would it have been to see Shogun vs. Wandy in the finals?

def has to be up there, wand vs. shogun would be off the hook. there are a lot out there that shouldnt have happened and i would have changed such as gsp vs. serra. cc vs. gonzaga as i hated to see it happen it actually will probably help cc's career and let him get to the NEXT level of skill, he realizes that he needs to take every fight serousallly and he has new training partners and is training for the cage. a lot of good will come out of it, but i can see where you guys are comming from.

Mungo
07-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Silva vs. Franklin because I think Rich would have beat him if he wasn't injured and Silva is just a tad overrated here.

Arona vs. Fedor, this one really wasn't really an upset but it's straight bullshit, go watch that fight and tell me Arona didn't win. I hate to see Arona have a loss from Fedor on his record when really he won.

leelandk
07-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Silva vs. Franklin because I think Rich would have beat him if he wasn't injured and Silva is just a tad overrated here.

Have you not watched any of Silva's other fights?

matto
07-25-2007, 01:30 PM

agree, silva should have beatin franklin and especially in the striking department. if franklin decides to stand with him again it'll be a mess.

matto
07-25-2007, 01:31 PM
rofl wgasa, alex is holding two kids in one arm.:grinsmile1:

Mungo
07-25-2007, 01:41 PM

He's definitely impressive but Franklin was winning the standup battle against him until they clinched. From there he just looked horrible. I don't think Silva's clinche was amazing and caught Rich off guard. I think he wasn't in good enough shape to get out of it.

agree, silva should have beatin franklin and especially in the striking department. if franklin decides to stand with him again it'll be a mess.

Watch the fight again, up until the clinch, Franklin is winning and this is after he got out of surgery btw.

leelandk
07-25-2007, 02:17 PM
He's definitely impressive but Franklin was winning the standup battle against him until they clinched. From there he just looked horrible. I don't think Silva's clinche was amazing and caught Rich off guard. I think he wasn't in good enough shape to get out of it.

He was winning the standup? They were standing for 90 secs. Franklin lands some pitty pat leg kicks and 1 left hand that pisses Silva off. 90 seconds later his nose is next to his ear. End of story.

Macgyver
07-25-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm with the Gonzaga vs. CroCop crew. If that upset didn't happen, I would have this re-occurring image of Gonzaga running up to the camera and practically making love with it!!

Also, personally, I just don't want to see Gonzaga with the title ever (only because I'm still sour from himself and Kevin Jordan wasting 14 minutes and 21 seconds of my life).

I respect him as a fighter though.

Gmunit
07-25-2007, 04:18 PM
for sure GSP vs Serra, the title is being held hostage for 8 months, on a win that was only to happen 1 time out of 100

Matt2006
07-25-2007, 04:28 PM
I definetely wish crocop didnt lose to gonzaga, I was always wondering what couture was thinking when he knew he probably had to defend against crocop, but not now :angrrry:

matto
07-25-2007, 04:30 PM
for sure GSP vs Serra, the title is being held hostage for 8 months, on a win that was only to happen 1 time out of 100

ya def biggest shocker. not just that he won but how he won. i gave him a very small chance and that was just on the ground. its bs how hughes gets a boring win and now gets a title shot and a tv show. while gsp has to take the hard road. the ufc treats some fighters better then other especially guys like hughes, liddell, and sylvia.

Gmunit
07-25-2007, 04:51 PM
ya def biggest shocker. not just that he won but how he won. i gave him a very small chance and that was just on the ground. its bs how hughes gets a boring win and now gets a title shot and a tv show. while gsp has to take the hard road. the ufc treats some fighters better then other especially guys like hughes, liddell, and sylvia.

don't forget about Franklin and Bisping (also Forrest prior to the Shogun announcement)

Ramma
07-25-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm with the Gonzaga vs. CroCop crew. If that upset didn't happen, I would have this re-occurring image of Gonzaga running up to the camera and practically making love with it!!

Also, personally, I just don't want to see Gonzaga with the title ever (only because I'm still sour from himself and Kevin Jordan wasting 14 minutes and 21 seconds of my life).

I respect him as a fighter though.

lol

CEVANS
07-25-2007, 10:08 PM
well the ones that are said already dame you GG i hope randy woops that guy so we don't have to hear about him for much longer.

but another one i want to have back is karo vs diego if karo wins we have some really good match ups i would love to see like karo vs GSP or karo vs hughs.

pillow
07-25-2007, 10:33 PM
I'd say AA vs. Sylvia 2, because AA had his ass rocked, and deserved to win. Also, this would likely mean that I wouldn't have to watch AA vs. Sylvia 3, haha.

I'm with the GSP-Serra fellows, too.

blah
08-12-2007, 03:14 AM
I would erase Griffin-Jardine. that way, my favourite fighter would have gotten a title shot and would be able to have some good fulfilment.

The Iceman
08-12-2007, 05:19 AM
I'd say AA vs. Sylvia 2, because AA had his ass rocked, and deserved to win. Also, this would likely mean that I wouldn't have to watch AA vs. Sylvia 3, haha.

I'm with the GSP-Serra fellows, too.
I'll go with Sylvia vs AA 2 also. Arlovski/Couture would have been great! I wanna go with Cro Cop/Gonzaga cause that KO just hurt my heart when I saw it lol. But if Cro Cop would've won I think he would have been badly beaten by Couture in that stubborn "I don't want to train in a cage" state of mind lol.

2mcgrath
08-12-2007, 07:41 AM
i would have to go with franklin and anderson.because i am a franklin fan and like seeing him as the champ

paintstik
08-14-2007, 09:46 PM

This would have to be my pick too. When big Timmy got up I was just thinking "Better stay down big boy cuz that's where you're headed again". How wrong I was.

I hope AA gets his killer instinct back.