PDA

View Full Version : Craig Biggio

Omoplata
07-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Here in Houston Craig Biggio's retirement has everyone waiting for him to be a first ballot Hall of Fame member... I think it's more complicated than that but I wanted to get your take on it as sports fans spread thru the country.

Stats/Milestones:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Biggio

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k25/doublea26/biggio.jpg

Donny77
07-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Id say so, im not sure who else will be on the ballot when he is , but unless there's 4(?) other significant names he'll be a first ballot hof er

Mac
07-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Here in the Lou we have gotten to see our fair share of Biggio and I have to say I haven't seen a classier, hard-nosed, team leader, ball player ever. I'm sure when he comes in for their last trip here this season he will get a standing ovation. That's how we do it here.

I personally love players like Biggio, he's not this huge homerun freak, he's more of an everyday person. He's played everywhere they have asked and played there well. I hope he gets in first ballot.

Omoplata
07-26-2007, 08:54 PM
I think he def deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. I hope Bagwell goes in the same year as Biggio, that would be amazing.

As far as first year... I'd love to see it happen but it may be asking the writers alot. The National writers really don't like teams from Houston. They bagged on the Rockets in the '90s and it seemed like the air went out of them when we beat the Cards and went to the Series back in '05. Texans get bashed on cause they arent... well good, but the Oilers never got any play in the early 90s and they were awesome to watch. Bombs away Run and Shoot.

Omoplata
07-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Here in the Lou we have gotten to see our fair share of Biggio and I have to say I haven't seen a classier, hard-nosed, team leader, ball player ever. I'm sure when he comes in for their last trip here this season he will get a standing ovation. That's how we do it here.

I personally love players like Biggio, he's not this huge homerun freak, he's more of an everyday person. He's played everywhere they have asked and played there well. I hope he gets in first ballot.

As a 'Stros fan... I got to say... i hate the Cards... but I love their fans. You guys know how to do it right.

Class acts man! ;)