PDA

View Full Version : TUF needs reformat

longboarderrrr
08-02-2006, 07:23 AM
who else thinks the TUF show is a lil bit of good MMA and alotta BS?

i wish it was just a weeklong Tourney and i didnt have to sit through all the guys in the "real world" house BSing

longboarderrrr
08-02-2006, 07:25 AM
OR to keep going with the pride vs. UFC theme they should bring a few up and coming jap fighters and have a Pride guy coach them...:smashfreak:

Kewl144
08-02-2006, 07:38 AM
OR to keep going with the pride vs. UFC theme they should bring a few up and coming jap fighters and have a Pride guy coach them...:smashfreak:

But the TUF 6 figure contracts (3 fights a year, 12k per fight first year, 16k per fight the second year and 20k per fight the third year with the standard double bonus if they win) locks the fighter down for 3 years (I dont think Pride would enjoy that).

Legend
08-02-2006, 07:46 AM
Dude its a reality show what do you expect.

killerinstinct
08-02-2006, 08:08 PM
it's better than most reality shows.I enjoy the drama.It's like the real world only at the end of the day they go in there split each others heads open.It's great if you ask me.:wavesmile:

longboarderrrr
08-02-2006, 11:04 PM
well only part i enjoyed was watching them train and watching the deaf dude piss everybody off...

the challenges are stupid.

yumitree
08-02-2006, 11:04 PM
jap fighters

...uh.

tj31atr
08-08-2006, 06:59 PM
the challenges are pretty much gone, and it could be worse MUCH WORSE. Look at the contender, not only do you have to sit through all the BS, but then they don't even show the whole fight, how gay is that, I thought it would change now that it's on ESPN, but no.

Legend
08-08-2006, 07:57 PM
well only part i enjoyed was watching them train and watching the deaf dude piss everybody off...

the challenges are stupid.

The deaf guy aka Matt Hamill was on season 3 and there werent any challenges that season. Thank God bc they were gay.

duran
08-08-2006, 09:05 PM
I am hoping (please, God!) that with the older and established fighters casted for TUF 4 that we will be spared the food fights and bubble baths.

MMA 4ever
08-11-2006, 11:54 PM
I am hoping (please, God!) that with the older and established fighters casted for TUF 4 that we will be spared the food fights and bubble baths.
LMAO. I second that.

Also, I am so glad they got rid of the challenges. It looks to me like they are doing it right. Start with a basic reality show to bring in the people that don't watch MMA and slowly over the coming season's make it less and less reality show and more pure training and fighting.

LethalStriker
08-19-2006, 07:57 AM
I liked the challenge in season 2 when Stevenson rode Whitehead's back for like 300 revolutions or whatever it was. And the challenge where Gurgel won by knocking the guys off the monkey bars with only using his legs was a fairly cool challenge. But otherwise I agree that the challenges were pretty lame.

Storm442
09-02-2006, 09:06 PM
1) the challenges are pretty much gone,
2) it could be worse MUCH WORSE.
3) Look at the contender, not only do you have to sit through all the BS, but then they don't even show the whole fight, how gay is that, I thought it would change now that it's on ESPN, but no.

All excellent points.

I don't mind seeing a little training and interaction/behind the scenes action.
Less BS and two fights a show would be ideal, but I'm happy we have this much. The contender is LAME in comparison.

~Storm

Afro
09-02-2006, 10:00 PM
the challenges are pretty much gone, and it could be worse MUCH WORSE. Look at the contender, not only do you have to sit through all the BS, but then they don't even show the whole fight, how gay is that, I thought it would change now that it's on ESPN, but no.
and still the contender gets great ratings, amazing huh? cuz its a uhhh GOOD SHOW!

Storm442
09-05-2006, 06:49 AM
and still the contender gets great ratings, amazing huh? cuz its a uhhh GOOD SHOW!

In my opinion it's a little boring ....
:)

Boo
09-05-2006, 08:43 AM
I enjoy knowing more about the fighters as people. For example, I had no idea Serra had such a personality.

mattsoper
09-05-2006, 09:57 AM
the food fight thign was funny....it was liek there last day...six weeks in the same house doing nothing would drive me crazy...so on the lats day the partied and threw shit aorund the house

honestly what would you do:grinsmile26:

jreed1404
09-08-2006, 06:48 PM

Imo contender is tha lamest show ESPN has ever put shown on their network and is a disgrace to tha network. So boring but then again so i was boxin in comparison to UFC

Afro
09-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Imo contender is tha lamest show ESPN has ever put shown on their network and is a disgrace to tha network. So boring but then again so i was boxin in comparison to UFC
Wow ^ what an idiot

jreed1404
09-08-2006, 07:56 PM
I got ur idiot rite here