PDA

View Full Version : abb belts?

matto
07-27-2007, 06:19 PM
do they actually work? used to have a six pack but my working my abbs can be tedius and i could be working my other muscles intead.

Clint
07-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Those little electric things? No, they are fine for rehabbing an injured muscle but thats about it.

Instead of high rep ab work that gets tedious just do harder abwork, like standing abwheel rollouts and L sits.

matto
07-27-2007, 06:30 PM
thanks man, abb routines can be so tedius somtimes, when i could be working my pecs, bis, tris, lats, traps, back, lower back, quads, hams, calfs. it would be sweet if those things actually worked.

ChuckBooty
07-27-2007, 08:17 PM
I hate working abs too...what I do is every time I do a set of whatever, I'll immediately go do an ab exercise in between sets. You spend the same amount of time in the gym, burn more calories, and get that six'er back!

matto
07-28-2007, 04:29 AM
ya thats a good idea, dont like abbs but is good for preparing for body shots.

ChuckBooty
07-28-2007, 05:40 AM
A real good one is to take a ten pound medicine ball to the bench press with you set it down by your feet. Do your set on the bench and immediately grab the ball between your feet and do a set of leg lifts with it. You don't even have to take your hands off the bar.

matto
07-28-2007, 05:51 AM
A real good one is to take a ten pound medicine ball to the bench press with you set it down by your feet. Do your set on the bench and immediately grab the ball between your feet and do a set of leg lifts with it. You don't even have to take your hands off the bar.

thats another good idea, ill give it a try.

Metalhead
07-30-2007, 05:59 PM
I don't know if it was benefitial or anything, but I put one of those muscle stimulator massage things on my abs and holy crap it felt like I did 2 thousand situps the next day. I didn't do it more than once so who knows but they may work a little.

ChuckBooty
07-30-2007, 06:24 PM
I do think that they work but the key to having defined abs is not so much the sit-ups or ab exercises but it's to have a low body fat percentage. Cardio and diet.