stonedface
07-28-2007, 09:32 PM
whats your favorite nfl team im a bronco fan

Tyler4870
07-28-2007, 10:06 PM
San Fran. I bleed crimson and gold.

killerinstinct
07-28-2007, 10:09 PM
I guess I'll keep things in the AFC West, because I'm a Chiefs Fan, baby.

eazye76
07-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Big time Titans fan. We don't need that bitch Pacman!

JoeKickAss
07-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Tennessee Titans...when the Oilers left, my heart went with them.

eazye76
07-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Tennessee Titans...when the Oilers left, my heart went with them.
What about the Texans?

JoeKickAss
07-28-2007, 11:06 PM
What about the Texans?

Fuck the Texans....I seriously don't care one bit for them. Ever since the Oilers moved, I know have a reason to love visiting an aunt that I don't like that lives in Nashville.

error2k5
07-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Big time Titans fan. We don't need that bitch Pacman!

TITANS FAN!!!!

I still want pacman though...

Palma
07-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Holly shit there are allot of Titan fans.

I am a fan of the Da Raiders...

2mcgrath
07-29-2007, 12:37 AM
49er's fan myself.even though they havent been doing so hot lately

killerinstinct
07-29-2007, 12:43 AM
Holly shit there are allot of Titan fans.

I am a fan of the Da Raiders...
:fingersmilie: :grinsmile1:

Palma
07-29-2007, 04:11 AM
:fingersmilie: :grinsmile1:

Yeah yeah yeah... when's the last time KC won a Super Bowl? Or better yet... when's the last time KC even went to a AFC Campionship game? The Cheifs will never get far with a crappy defense.

killerinstinct
07-29-2007, 04:18 AM
Yeah yeah yeah... when's the last time KC won a Super Bowl? Or better yet... when's the last time KC even went to a AFC Campionship game? The Cheifs will never get far with a crappy defense.
I'm sorry could you refresh my memory and remind me of what the Raiders record was last season? I forgot.

Afro
07-29-2007, 08:54 AM
The RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEERRRRR RRRRRRRS

got my tickets for the Phins games this season.

Palma
07-29-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm sorry could you refresh my memory and remind me of what the Raiders record was last season? I forgot.

You either win the Super Bowl or you don't. Going 2 and 14 is best thing that could have happened to the Riaders. They still have one of top 2 defenses in leauge. They have 4 good recievers (good as in better then any WR KC has) and now Jamarcus Russell.

Your whole team is based around one running back. If LJ is hurt then you aint got shit.

Mac
07-29-2007, 01:01 PM
The Rams baby, they just locked up one of the top 5 Qb's in football for 65 mil.

calibeck
07-29-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm surprised there aren't more Steelers fans we're definetly the most well traveled of all NFL fans.

I think its hilarious when they talk about how coaches specifically ask their home team fans not to sell their tickets to Steeler fans.

Black and Gold is what it is.

Thaistylist
07-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Whatever team has the most FSU players on it until some1 smartens up and signs peter warrick. Sometimes I cheer for the Bills strictly because everyone around here is a Bill's fan. And I like the Bengals because Chad Johnson is the man.

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 07:21 PM
You either win the Super Bowl or you don't. Going 2 and 14 is best thing that could have happened to the Riaders. They still have one of top 2 defenses in leauge. They have 4 good recievers (good as in better then any WR KC has) and now Jamarcus Russell.

Your whole team is based around one running back. If LJ is hurt then you aint got shit.

whoa buddy, top two 2 defense in the league? WHAT!?!?!?!?! Best thing that could have happened? So Andrew Walter coming on and being a beast leading you guys too say 11-5 or 12-4 and losing in say the AFC championship game or divisional playoffs is a worse year then 2-14?

bye the way I bleed burgundy!!!! lets go Skins

Kimuras"R"Us
07-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers

Got tickets for the Bills game

killerinstinct
07-29-2007, 08:17 PM
That's not true, because Priest is coming back baby.

SgtFrenchy
07-29-2007, 08:22 PM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/jadel92/raiders_ass.gif

Afro
07-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Refresh my memory, how many superbowls have the Chiefs won?'

whoa buddy, top two 2 defense in the league? WHAT!?!?!?!?! Best thing that could have happened? So Andrew Walter coming on and being a beast leading you guys too say 11-5 or 12-4 and losing in say the AFC championship game or divisional playoffs is a worse year then 2-14?

bye the way I bleed burgundy!!!! lets go Skins
Lol the fuck outta here with that, your going "WHAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!" over someone saying a Top 3 Defense is a Top 2 defense in the league? LOL

killerinstinct
07-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Refresh my memory, how many superbowls have the Chiefs won?'

Lol the fuck outta here with that, your going "WHAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!" over someone saying a Top 3 Defense is a Top 2 defense in the league? LOL
So you think the Raiders have a better defence than the Ravens, Bears, or Patriots?

SgtFrenchy
07-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Hey, the Raiders are on their way back from the dead. They'll be on top again.

Afro
07-29-2007, 08:39 PM
So you think the Raiders have a better defence than the Ravens, Bears, or Patriots?
Im sayin its ridiculous to laugh at the thought that they could be a Top 2 defense, before last season would anyone say the Raiders would of been a Top 3 defense? No, cuz you cant judge it by paper so even you cant say that the Pats, Bears, and Ravens will for sure have a better defense cuz you'll only be judging by paper. Raiders had a higher ranked D then the Pats last year didnt they? Bears are losing players on D left and right ill be shocked if there in the Top 3 again.. overrated CBs, lost Tank, will probably lose Alex Brown, Will lose Lance Briggs.. give me a break.

killerinstinct
07-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Im sayin its ridiculous to laugh at the thought that they could be a Top 2 defense, before last season would anyone say the Raiders would of been a Top 3 defense? No, cuz you cant judge it by paper so even you cant say that the Pats, Bears, and Ravens will for sure have a better defense cuz you'll only be judging by paper. Raiders had a higher ranked D then the Pats last year didnt they? Bears are losing players on D left and right ill be shocked if there in the Top 3 again.. overrated CBs, lost Tank, will probably lose Alex Brown, Will lose Lance Briggs.. give me a break.
Look to say that they're a top two defence means that you think they're better than either the Ravens or Bears and I really don't see how that can be possible. That to me is laughable, but I guess we have differences in opinion since you're a Raiders fan and I'm a Chiefs fan.

Afro
07-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Look to say that they're a top two defence means that you think they're better than either the Ravens or Bears and I really don't see how that can be possible. That to me is laughable, but I guess we have differences in opinion since you're a Raiders fan and I'm a Chiefs fan.
The bears defense wont be the same as last year, they are losing key components so I dont see how thats laughable.. whats laughable to me is arguing or even finding it ridiculous for one to think that a Top 3 defense cant make 1 more step up to Top 2.. wtf is that? do I think the Raiders will be a Top 2 defense? nah.. but to sit there and go crazy cuz someone said they were when they were Top 3 last year? lol thats just hillarious, they can suprass the Bears D.. the Bears D didnt make improvements this year, they declined.. the Raiders improved.

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 09:13 PM
this is homerism at its finest. Afro you really want to make the argument that the Raiders D is top 2 in the league? or Top 3 for that matter? You keep saying they where top 3 last year, on what basis is that? They are solid but too consider them top 3 in the league would mean that they are elite, are you ready too make the agrument that Oakland has an elite defense?

also the bears resigned Briggs too a one year deal.

stonedface
07-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Broncos are taking the afc west this year with the best D in the division

Afro
07-29-2007, 09:17 PM
this is homerism at its finest. Afro you really want to make the argument that the Raiders D is top 2 in the league? or Top 3 for that matter? You keep saying they where top 3 last year, on what basis is that? They are solid but too consider them top 3 in the league would mean that they are elite, are you ready too make the agrument that Oakland has an elite defense?
They were ranked Top 3 last year in defense, and they are an elite defense.. to say otherwise is stupid

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 09:19 PM
They were ranked Top 3 last year in defense, and they are an elite defense.. to say otherwise is stupid

lmao dude stop drinking the Al Davis juice. Ranked top 3 on what basis?

Afro
07-29-2007, 09:19 PM
On NFL.com basis wtf?

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 09:22 PM
On NFL.com basis wtf?

lol, weren't you just deriding someone for talking about "on paper". If you really think that on the field the raiders defense is an elite top 3 unit, you are one of the biggest homers i have ever seen.

CM PO
07-29-2007, 09:22 PM
total yards allowed

do a search

best passing D last year

Afro
07-29-2007, 09:24 PM
lol, weren't you just deriding someone for talking about "on paper". If you really think that on the field the raiders defense is an elite top 3 unit, you are one of the biggest homers i have ever seen.
Wtf are you talking about? lol

On Paper is looking at NAMES and saying ohhh there defense is this good cuz they got this name and that name, that has nothing to do with statistics from last year.. as in The Raiders D being the 3rd best defense last year in terms of yards allowed, then look at the production our pass rushing unit made, and our secondary.. did you even watch football last year?

Dork8503
07-29-2007, 09:25 PM
2006 Regular Season NFL AFC NFC Team Sortables - DefensePassingRushingReceivingScoringPuntingKickof fsReturnsField GoalsTotal DefenseTurnovers

Total Defense - Total Yards/Game
Team G Plys Yds/G Y/P FD/G 3rd Md 3rd Att 3rd % 4th Md 4th Att 4th % Pen PenYds TOP TF L

Baltimore 16 936 264.1 4.5 14.8 60 208 28.8 9 23 39.1 79 580 27:12 24 12

Jacksonville 16 978 283.6 4.6 16.2 83 227 36.6 4 14 28.6 80 684 27:49 12 4
Oakland 16 986 284.8 4.6 16.7 79 221 35.7 10 19 52.6 85 665 31:46 16 5

He is right about the Radiers they are 3, but they are also number 1 in turnovers.

Raiders for having a good d suck.

stonedface
07-29-2007, 09:26 PM
dont matter if you have the best d your still screwed with the worst offense in the league

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 09:28 PM
total yards allowed

do a search

best passing D last year

lol great stat, lot of good it did them on the field. You really think that makes them a elite D?

I would take Baltimore,Chicago,Denver,San Deigo, New England, Carolina, Miami, NYJ, Jacksonville and Pittsburgh all over the Oakland D. Stats are great and all but points are what win games and they allowed a plenty, im sorry but any team with an elite D can win more the two games.

Afro
07-29-2007, 09:30 PM
lol great stat, lot of good it did them on the field. You really think that makes them a elite D?

I would take Baltimore,Chicago,Denver,San Deigo, New England, Carolina, Miami, NYJ, Jacksonville and Pittsburgh all over the Oakland D. Stats are great and all but points are what win games and they allowed a plenty, im sorry but any team with an elite D can win more the two games.
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7940/0roflre4.gif

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Wtf are you talking about? lol

On Paper is looking at NAMES and saying ohhh there defense is this good cuz they got this name and that name, that has nothing to do with statistics from last year.. as in The Raiders D being the 3rd best defense last year in terms of yards allowed, then look at the production our pass rushing unit made, and our secondary.. did you even watch football last year?

Look jackass on paper could also mean looking at stats of a defense as opposed too on the field production. You guys are fucking aweful sorry if you have some bent up aggression too let out about that.

Afro
07-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Look jackass on paper could also mean looking at stats of a defense as opposed too on the field production. You guys are fucking aweful sorry if you have some bent up aggression too let out about that.
again.. http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7940/0roflre4.gif you'll get my rebuttle when you post something that makes sense

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 09:34 PM
again.. http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7940/0roflre4.gif you'll get my rebuttle when you post something that makes sense

lol. I dont make sense but you think your team (Oak Raiders) have an ELITE defense. I will leave discussion of that wonderfully gifted, incredibly talent,fully dominate defense until the season starts, my guess is you wont be too happy come that time of year.

Afro
07-29-2007, 09:35 PM
You think the yards allowed statistic is meaningless

You dont even know why the Raiders allowed so many points do you? do you understand that football is played on both sides of the ball? or are you just stuck on one end?

CM PO
07-29-2007, 09:35 PM
on the field production=stats

or how else to u get stats?

worst offense in the league? Yea and still had a top 3 defense. How good are all the teams u name on the other side of the ball? Giving the team time to rest. they averaged being on the field 43 minutes and change. And still were top 3. Is that not impressive?

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 09:36 PM
You think the yards allowed statistic is meaningless

not meaningless but no where near as important as Points allowed. I can't remember do you lose the game if they have more yards then you or more points?

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 09:38 PM
on the field production=stats

or how else to u get stats?

worst offense in the league? Yea and still had a top 3 defense. How good are all the teams u name on the other side of the ball? Giving the team time to rest. they averaged being on the field 43 minutes and change. And still were top 3. Is that not impressive?

it is impressive, really it is. But too call them an elite top 3 defense is just plain ludicrous. Top 10 maybe, top 3 no way.

Afro
07-29-2007, 09:38 PM
not meaningless but no where near as important as Points allowed. I can't remember do you lose the game if they have more yards then you or more points?
Are you actually taking into consideration the offense AT ALL? I mean you wanna talk about whats on the field, but your the only one in this thread thats NOT taking everything into consideration

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Are you actually taking into consideration the offense AT ALL?

dude stop already really stop. Tell me why you guys are so good? What makes oakland an "elite" defense, because I dont think I would ever consider a team with 2 wins too have an elite D or O.

What do you mean, on the field and stats are two different things. Players can make huge impacts on the field without making a big impact on the stats. The raiders as a defense has good stats last year, but they did not make too big an impact on the field. Even if you guys had 2 wins and a bunch of nail biters where your D keep you in it till the end, then you could make that statement but you didnt.

CM PO
07-29-2007, 09:46 PM
dude stop already really stop. Tell me why you guys are so good? What makes oakland an "elite" defense, because I dont think I would ever consider a team with 2 wins too have an elite D or O.

What do you mean, on the field and stats are two different things. Players can make huge impacts on the field without making a big impact on the stats. The raiders as a defense has good stats last year, but they did not make too big an impact on the field. Even if you guys had 2 wins and a bunch of nail biters where your D keep you in it till the end, then you could make that statement but you didnt.
lost 5 games by single digits and another by 10 points

if they had an offense u dont think they might have been able to win atleast half of those games?

Afro
07-29-2007, 09:48 PM
What makes them elite? that was answered on the fuckin field last year, you should of paid attention.. Raiders had one of the best secondaries last year, one of the better pass rushes, we allowed the 3rd least amount of yards, and would of allowed a lot less points with a better offense.. you cant expect any D to stop a team from allowing points when your offense doesnt produce and keeps your D on the field too long.. your whole logic that a team cant have an elite Defense cuz they only had 2 wins come on now, I bet if you werent such a fuckin pothead you would even think that its stupid to say something like that.

stonedface
07-29-2007, 09:51 PM
very true that its there offenses fault but they will still be bad this year to

Afro
07-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Raiders will be bad, but they will improve

the D is better, we got a QB, we got the right blocking scheme in place, we added better Olinemen, and we got a better backfield

we wont have a .500 record, but atleast we have direction now.

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 10:36 PM
What makes them elite? that was answered on the fuckin field last year, you should of paid attention.. Raiders had one of the best secondaries last year, one of the better pass rushes, we allowed the 3rd least amount of yards, and would of allowed a lot less points with a better offense.. you cant expect any D to stop a team from allowing points when your offense doesnt produce and keeps your D on the field too long.. your whole logic that a team cant have an elite Defense cuz they only had 2 wins come on now, I bet if you werent such a fuckin pothead you would even think that its stupid to say something like that.

lmao, yea thats right a team cant have an "elite" D and lose 14 games sorry they cant. For a defense too be elite, they must be dominate and a team with a dominate D will win more then 2 games that is a given. You are way overrating your defense and will be very sad come football time, this is going to be a very fun thread too bring up in a couple of months :devil:

Afro
07-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Your life must be wonderful to have so much time to even care about this to the point where your actually gonna hunt this thread down in a couple of months

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Your life must be wonderful to have so much time to even care about this to the point where your actually gonna hunt this thread down in a couple of months

lol, as with our LJ-LT debate . Only time will tell the true answer too this question, and yea they have this wonderful little thing called a search function so no won't be much "hunting" invovled.

Oh yea and I have a wonderful life by the way, just moved out too Vegas a couple months ago living my dream. How is yours Mr.10,000 posts?

Afro
07-29-2007, 10:42 PM
lol, as with our LJ-LT debate . Only time will tell the true answer too this question, and yea they have this wonderful little thing called a search function so no won't be much "hunting" invovled.
its just funny how your wrong on both accounts, were discussing the past season yet your gonna wait for the following season to bring this thread back up at an attempt to "prove me wrong" just shows how dumb you are.

CM PO
07-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Afro: LJ gonna have a better year than LT2

Me: LT2 well have 30 Tds and win MVP

well what do u know lmao

had 2

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 10:44 PM
its just funny how your wrong on both accounts, were discussing the past season yet your gonna wait for the following season to bring this thread back up at an attempt to "prove me wrong" just shows how dumb you are.

how are we discussing the past season? You ignorant mother fucker, you are claiming that the Raiders have an elite defense right now correct? Well then this upcoming season would be a good reflection of how "elite" that defense is won't it?

Afro
07-29-2007, 10:45 PM
how are we discussing the past season? You ignorant mother fucker, you are claiming that the Raiders have an elite defense right now correct? Well then this upcoming season would be a good reflection of how "elite" that defense is won't it?
damn are you dumb, you dont even know what were talking about

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 10:50 PM

Lol i was just thinking the same about you. I really just dont like discussing anything with you, you are for all intensive purposes a flat out prick. You think you know way more then you ever will and it is quite comical watching you make an ass of yourself. Ask 100 hardcore football fans too name the Top 3 defenses in the NFL maybe 5 raider fans say Oakland thats it, they are a solid unit but nothing spectular. Your oakland fans are just so desperate, I know you really deep down think there D is really top 3 but that is sad because you are nothing more then a blind homer.

Oh yea and I have a wonderful life by the way, just moved out too Vegas a couple months ago living my dream. How is yours Mr.10,000 posts? just reposted that figured you might of missed it, but you come on with some personal attacks cause thats all you got.

Afro
07-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Lol i was just thinking the same about you. I really just dont like discussing anything with you, you are for all intensive purposes a flat out prick. You think you know way more then you ever will and it is quite comical watching you make an ass of yourself. Ask 100 hardcore football fans too name the Top 3 defenses in the NFL maybe 5 raider fans say Oakland thats it, they are a solid unit but nothing spectular. Your oakland fans are just so desperate, I know you really deep down think there D is really top 3 but that is sad because you are nothing more then a blind homer.

Oh yea and I have a wonderful life by the way, just moved out too Vegas a couple months ago living my dream. How is yours Mr.10,000 posts?
What are you gay? quit crying.

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 10:52 PM
What are you gay? quit crying.

someone should make a Wiki page for Post Whores and put this douches picture beside it.

CM PO
07-29-2007, 11:19 PM
wtf what about me i dont feel apart of

TheBonger
07-29-2007, 11:26 PM
wtf what about me i dont feel apart of

lol, so If your were a GM and we started a brand new league but we keep all the defenses intact and said choose which one you want. You would pick the raiders D in the top 3?

Ubermensch
07-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Steelers Because Pittsburgh is the first place I came to in America. Liked the Steel Curtain and Franco Harris... The original #32

Palma
07-30-2007, 12:17 AM
The Raiders have the best pass rushing DE in the NFL, the best pass rushing DT in the NFL, and the best secondary in the NFL. On top of that they have the fastest Linebacking corps. in in the NFL. If that is a combination for the most turnovers and fewsest points per drive then I don't know what is. The Raiders D still statistcally came away with the fewsest yards allowed eventhough their offense turned the ball over more then any other team last year. Translation, the Raiders D did better then any other in the NFL considering how many times they needed to stop and Offenseive drive from their own territory more then anyother team in the NFL. They also were one of the top Ds in the Redzone.

The Raiders defense is most certainly elite...

TheBonger
07-30-2007, 12:45 AM
The Raiders have the best pass rushing DE in the NFL, the best pass rushing DT in the NFL, and the best secondary in the NFL. On top of that they have the fastest Linebacking corps. in in the NFL. If that is a combination for the most turnovers and fewsest points per drive then I don't know what is. The Raiders D still statistcally came away with the fewsest yards allowed eventhough their offense turned the ball over more then any other team last year. Translation, the Raiders D did better then any other in the NFL considering how many times they needed to stop and Offenseive drive from their own territory more then anyother team in the NFL. They also were one of the top Ds in the Redzone.

The Raiders defense is most certainly elite...

Best pass rushing DE? so you guys have a better pass rusher then Taylor,Peppers and Freeny? Best pass rushing DT? Sapp has alot of trend on those tires. Best secondary? I dont think so, eventhough you guys did allow the least amount of passing yards, you were what 10th in INT tied with Cleveland and last in the league in FFum. (An "elite" defense causes turnovers) Who are you four starters? because Baltimore with McClister,Rolle,Reed, and Landry are tough, also NE with Harrison,Wilson,Samuel (assuming he plays)Hobbs, and adding Meriweather. Im sorry but you guys can claim too have an elite D, but you have too win football games AND if one side of the ball is good enough it can carry a team. Too me any elite defense would be able too carry a team atleast too respectablity.

Thaistylist
07-30-2007, 01:43 AM
Burgess, Kelly, Howard, Morrison, Shweigert, and Huff are a solid base and most certainly top 5.

matto
07-30-2007, 01:53 AM
sucks that i have a shitty team like the lions, but atleast they got calvin johnson. always been a patriots fans mostly b/c tom brady used to be qb for the wolverines. also like the chargers cause of LT, and just started likeing the saints last year with bush and drew breeze.

matto
07-30-2007, 01:55 AM

rofl afro you have the funniest posts ever, especially in this thread.

neonatural45
07-30-2007, 01:57 AM
matto I declare you king of the double posts

CM PO
07-30-2007, 06:18 AM
lol, so If your were a GM and we started a brand new league but we keep all the defenses intact and said choose which one you want. You would pick the raiders D in the top 3?
not top 3

Gimmie B more N.E. n Carolina

after that ill take the Raiders

top 5

Dork8503
07-30-2007, 06:33 AM
Back on topic

Colts and Pats are my favorite teams number 1 though is colts, love the colts.

Hon mention goes to Cowboys and Miami

SimpleJack
07-30-2007, 06:57 AM
Broncos.

I'll pull for the Giants in the NFC, but without Tiki, I am quickly losing interest.

Raiders D is solid. Maybe top 10 (Chicago, Baltimore, Carolina, New England, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Denver, Miami, San Diego and Raiders)

SimpleJack
07-30-2007, 07:25 AM
Oh, and the best Defensive Backfield in the game goes to the Broncos. Bly, Bailey, Ferguson and Lynch. I don't see much room for debate on that one.

The Raiders, 17th in scoring Defense, 25 vs. the run, and gave up 17 passing TD's as well as 15 rushing TD's.

If elite means top 1/3 of the league, then they're definitely elite. If it means top 5, no fucking way. Give me Jacksonville, Baltimore, Chicago, NE, or San Diego first.

stonedface
07-30-2007, 07:28 AM
wow palma thanks for the neg rep very uncalled for and the broncos do have the best backfield

SimpleJack
07-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Yea, I don't see how anyone can even debate the Broncos DB's. Adding Bly was huge.

Afro
07-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Broncos Backfield better then the Ravens?

JPeezy
07-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers fan here which means I don't also like these other two teams, and sometimes root for this other team when they are good like most of you guys...

Pittsburgh Steelers, that is all!

SimpleJack
07-30-2007, 11:31 AM
I think so. It's not like it's by a mile, though.

Champ>McAllister
Bly=Rolle
Lynch<Reed
Ferguson>Landry

Palma
07-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Best pass rushing DE? so you guys have a better pass rusher then Taylor,Peppers and Freeny? Best pass rushing DT? Sapp has alot of trend on those tires. Best secondary? I dont think so, eventhough you guys did allow the least amount of passing yards, you were what 10th in INT tied with Cleveland and last in the league in FFum. (An "elite" defense causes turnovers) Who are you four starters? because Baltimore with McClister,Rolle,Reed, and Landry are tough, also NE with Harrison,Wilson,Samuel (assuming he plays)Hobbs, and adding Meriweather. Im sorry but you guys can claim too have an elite D, but you have too win football games AND if one side of the ball is good enough it can carry a team. Too me any elite defense would be able too carry a team atleast too respectablity.

Yes best "pass rushing DE". Burgess has 27 sacks in the past two season. Feeny had 16.5 the past two seasons. Taylor has 25.5 in the past two season, and Peppers has 21 in the past two seasons. I agree that Taylor and Peppers are more complete DEs in the sense that they play the run and can extend their arms in the air to try and deflect passes, but Burgess is simply faster the QB and his numbers prove it. Who started in the Pro_bowl for the past two season? Oh right, Derick Burgess.

Sapp is old but had 10 sacks last year and has no signs of slowing down. You are aware that he came into camp 15 pounds lighter then last year and is tauted as being in the best shape of his life.

As far as the raider's secondary, 1st in the NFL for fewest pas yards allowed
and 1st in the NFL for fewest completetions.

As bad as the Raiders Offense was they were still in almost every game because their Defense is that good.

Did you actually watch the Riaders play last season?

wow palma thanks for the neg rep very uncalled for and the broncos do have the best backfield

dont matter if you have the best d your still screwed with the worst offense in the league

You make supid statments and you will get negged. Don't bitch to me.

stonedface
07-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Yes best "pass rushing DE". Burgess has 27 sacks in the past two season. Feeny had 16.5 the past two seasons. Taylor has 25.5 in the past two season, and Peppers has 21 in the past two seasons. I agree that Taylor and Peppers are more complete DEs in the sense that they play the run and can extend their arms in the air to try and deflect passes, but Burgess is simply faster the QB and his numbers prove it. Who started in the Pro_bowl for the past two season? Oh right, Derick Burgess.

Sapp is old but had 10 sacks last year and has no signs of slowing down. You are aware that he came into camp 15 pounds lighter then last year and is tauted as being in the best shape of his life.

As far as the raider's secondary, 1st in the NFL for fewest pas yards allowed
and 1st in the NFL for fewest completetions.

As bad as the Raiders Offense was they were still in almost every game because their Defense is that good.

Did you actually watch the Riaders play last season?

You make supid statments and you will get negged. Don't bitch to me.

whats stupid about it check the stats they did have the worst offense in the league http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Offense&cat=Total&conference=NFL&year=season_2006&sort=530&old_category=Total&old_group=Offense sorry you have to hate on the truth but if you think its justified good for you its funny cant even make a true statement with out some bs and as for me saying the broncos have the best backfield just go to donfryes post bailey is the best in league bly is way up there and lynch and ferg are great safetys

kickass32
07-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Miami Dolphins..........#13 is god

stonedface
07-30-2007, 04:33 PM
when i say a lie then neg rep me dont go out of your way when im speaking the truth man

Palma
07-30-2007, 04:54 PM
when i say a lie then neg rep me dont go out of your way when im speaking the truth man

Quit being a whinny bitch about it. Move on... It's only rep points, you act like I fucked your girlfriend.

You're just hating on the Raiders...We all know they had the worst Offense in the leauge, but they also picked up the best QB in the draft along with key offensive pick ups on the line and RB. They also got a dynamic offensive head coach and a finally a good Offinsive coordiantor. I think their offense from last year is a bit different from what you will see this year.

dagreat1
07-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Bucs, Jags and Miami. If I had to choose 1, it would be the Bucs.

I was a fan when we had Testaverde at QB, things are much better now.

bchan1430
07-30-2007, 06:39 PM
i rep the chargers and *ahem* the falcons.

Afro
07-31-2007, 12:51 AM
I think so. It's not like it's by a mile, though.

Champ>McAllister
Bly=Rolle
Lynch<Reed
Ferguson>Landry
I think overall though

Chris McCallister is the 2nd best CB in the league, Reed is way better then Lynch is at this point, Landry and Ferguson should be = imo, both made plays because of the schemes they are in, I just think that Landry is more versitile. Ill take Rolle over Bly too.

SimpleJack
07-31-2007, 07:31 AM
I guess they are pretty close like I said earlier. Just a matter of opinion at this point.

Afro
07-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Burgess, Kelly, Howard, Morrison, Shweigert, and Huff are a solid base and most certainly top 5.
Schweigert sucks

Palma
07-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Schweigert sucks

eh, he's slow and gets burnt too much...

Afro
07-31-2007, 09:12 PM
eh, he's slow and gets burnt too much...
Not to mention hes scared of contact, thank god we brought in Donovan Darius.. Darius is more valuable to this team on the bench then Stu is on the field, when NFL Network was showing the Jags training camp during hurricane year.. you should see Darius' work ethic and genius, hes as smart as they come.. I think he is a perfect mentor to Huff.. the guy understands box play like no other and thats one of Huff's achilles heels. Darius at SS is gonna open up a lot of plays for Huff if he stays healthy, so glad we got a brain in the secondary.

on another note, Culpepper just signed a one year deal.. so much for Walter I guess.

Palma
07-31-2007, 09:38 PM
Not to mention hes scared of contact, thank god we brought in Donovan Darius.. Darius is more valuable to this team on the bench then Stu is on the field, when NFL Network was showing the Jags training camp during hurricane year.. you should see Darius' work ethic and genius, hes as smart as they come.. I think he is a perfect mentor to Huff.. the guy understands box play like no other and thats one of Huff's achilles heels. Darius at SS is gonna open up a lot of plays for Huff if he stays healthy, so glad we got a brain in the secondary.

on another note, Culpepper just signed a one year deal.. so much for Walter I guess.

Holly shit! I didn't hear about Culpepper yet...

Yeah, I'm stoked on Darius. I was always hopeful that Gibson would pan out like they though he would.

Afro
07-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Holly shit! I didn't hear about Culpepper yet...

Yeah, I'm stoked on Darius. I was always hopeful that Gibson would pan out like they though he would.
Ya I was a Gibson fan too.. always thought he was pretty solid vs the run, but he just gave up too many BIG plays.. solid vs anything minor but man he couldnt cover deep to save his life. I think we should bring him back on ST though since Coop wanted to go all steroids on us, Coop was whack anyways.. good for a few big hits every year but no consistent play throughout the season.

Palma
07-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Ya I was a Gibson fan too.. always thought he was pretty solid vs the run, but he just gave up too many BIG plays.. solid vs anything minor but man he couldnt cover deep to save his life. I think we should bring him back on ST though since Coop wanted to go all steroids on us, Coop was whack anyways.. good for a few big hits every year but no consistent play throughout the season.

What Cooper brought was intesnity and big hits on the special teams. I don't think he was originally supposed be big part of the Defense. I miss Marcus Anderson... That guy laid the hit on...

Afro
07-31-2007, 09:52 PM
What Cooper brought was intesnity and big hits on the special teams. I don't think he was originally supposed be big part of the Defense. I miss Marcus Anderson... That guy laid the hit on...
I hated Marques, but he woulda made a good backup.. as an everydown player he was a heaaaaaavy hitter but it seemed like him and Ray Bu were havin a competition to see who can get burned most.. I think Marques might of won that.

But Donovan Darius lays some SERIOUS wood, and provides solid play throughout.

Palma
07-31-2007, 10:08 PM
I hated Marques, but he woulda made a good backup.. as an everydown player he was a heaaaaaavy hitter but it seemed like him and Ray Bu were havin a competition to see who can get burned most.. I think Marques might of won that.

But Donovan Darius lays some SERIOUS wood, and provides solid play throughout.

lol, Anderson, Ray Buchannon, Shithead Buchannon, and Cwood. I'm stoked on our young secondary now.

Anderson was a crazy bastard, remember when he and Woodsen woudln't get out of that lady's car?

Afro
07-31-2007, 10:11 PM
lol, Anderson, Ray Buchannon, Shithead Buchannon, and Cwood. I'm stoked on our young secondary now.

Anderson was a crazy bastard, remember when he and Woodsen woudln't get out of that lady's car?
Ya I couldnt help but laugh, I miss C-Wood though.. I mean I had completely forgot about him cuz of Nnamdi AWESOME-WAH, but the other day I was thinkin man.. he was great for us up until the last days of his Raider career.. I mean ill argue to this day that it was a fumble.

Palma
07-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Ya I couldnt help but laugh, I miss C-Wood though.. I mean I had completely forgot about him cuz of Nnamdi AWESOME-WAH, but the other day I was thinkin man.. he was great for us up until the last days of his Raider career.. I mean ill argue to this day that it was a fumble.

It was most certainly a fumble and he did make it happen. He could have been the next Tim Brown, but he could give a fuck about what team he played for.

He did make me laugh though...

Nnamdi is the man and extreamly local, which is what we need right now. We need more Pride.