PDA

View Full Version : Cro Cop v Cheick Kongo

Liam
08-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Don't know if this is a new thread elsewhere, but how do we see this one going??? I don't know much about Congo - except he's a standup fighter...

Is this a no-brainer?? Should CC monster this dude?:confusedsmilie:

neonatural45
08-01-2007, 12:55 AM
yah CC should win hands down imo (and no one bring up the "thats what everyone said before the GG fight" argument, becuase these fights are 100 percent different)

2mcgrath
08-01-2007, 04:20 AM
im gonna go with cro cop on this one.kongo likes stand up which is perfect for cro cop's style.so i bet we will see a lhk ko.

Punk Ass
08-01-2007, 04:30 AM
I hope CroCop wins, but after those last 2 KOs I don't think his chin has recovered.

And your right, Kongo is just a stand up fighter from what I've seen.

Submissionist
08-01-2007, 04:38 AM
Both are stand up fighters and CroCop is levels ahead of Kongo not to mention he is training with Bonjasky and 2 other strikers. Taking CroCop by devastating knockout.

Ramma
08-01-2007, 06:42 AM
I hope CroCop wins, but after those last 2 KOs I don't think his chin has recovered.

And your right, Kongo is just a stand up fighter from what I've seen.

He got KOed by Randleman in the beginning of 2004. Went on to beat a bunch of top 10 fighters who strike and win the OWGP in 2006. I don't think we can really mention the Randleman KO in any sort of recovering process. Just stating my opinion is all.

mbassy
08-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Both are stand up fighters and CroCop is levels ahead of Kongo not to mention he is training with Bonjasky and 2 other strikers. Taking CroCop by devastating knockout.

well, that's pretty much what i was going to say. agreed.

leelandk
08-01-2007, 02:12 PM
He got KOed by Randleman in the beginning of 2004. Went on to beat a bunch of top 10 fighters who strike and win the OWGP in 2006. I don't think we can really mention the Randleman KO in any sort of recovering process. Just stating my opinion is all.

Its not like he just bounced back against the best of the best. Pride spoon fed him a couple of MW's, cans at that, after the Randleman KO to get his confidence back before he fought any top 10 fighters.

I think CC should win, but if Kongo can win a few exchanges early, I wouldn't be suprised to see Mirko start fighting scared like he did against Hunt. Thats just my opinion though.

Dork8503
08-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Kongo is also a wrestler yeah i don't understand how he can have such shit take down d but he does.

This will be a stand up fight and i am picking Kongo to win.

Ramma
08-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Its not like he just bounced back against the best of the best. Pride spoon fed him a couple of MW's, cans at that, after the Randleman KO to get his confidence back before he fought any top 10 fighters.

I think CC should win, but if Kongo can win a few exchanges early, I wouldn't be suprised to see Mirko start fighting scared like he did against Hunt. Thats just my opinion though.

Yeah, but that was PRIDE's choice, not Mirko's.. and 2 lower ranked fighters after a KO isn't crazy. Immediately after Kanehara and Shungo, he fought Barnett, Coleman, Aleks, and Randleman again (maybe not in that order though) all in a row and won, all top 10 guys (Coleman may not have been Top 10 at that time though of course). KOed in April, fighting Aleks in August... 4 months... He last fought in April once again, he fights in Sept.. 5 months.. So, I think his "chin" is fine.

matto
08-01-2007, 08:35 PM
should be a simple fight. kongo is a great striker, cc is an excellent striker. however kongo is a big guy with good power and good striking so it wouldnt be impossible for him to ko cc. if i were to go back before ufc 70 i would think that gg would have a better chance of beating cc then kongo but they only way was for gg to submit cc and look what happened. it would be less shocking to see kongo ko cc then to see gg ko'in cc again. cc is training with yvel, remy, and good ol fat fuck ricco rod, he has a good guys working with him.

MONSONBYCHOKE
08-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Kongo is going to get KTFO!! :) CC is coming back with everything he has and more than we have seen

matto
08-02-2007, 05:48 AM
Kongo is going to get KTFO!! :) CC is coming back with everything he has and more than we have seen

would you like some milk with that?

neonatural45
08-02-2007, 07:35 AM
This thread isnt in the dream matches so you dont need to make outrageous statements to make people notice you:grinsmile1:

the dazzle
08-02-2007, 07:37 AM
i went to the store today to buy Kongo a "get well soon" card.

Kimuras"R"Us
08-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Kongo is also a wrestler yeah i don't understand how he can have such shit take down d but he does.

You have any Sig / AV bets on this one yet Dork? It's never too early to gamble baby!!!

Dork8503
08-02-2007, 01:41 PM
You have any Sig / AV bets on this one yet Dork? It's never too early to gamble baby!!!

yeah im already taken lol.

Mirko will win but im picking Kongo too.

Just by some chance that kongo does win i can hurry back here an say HA to all the kongo doubters lol

Submissionist
08-02-2007, 07:52 PM
yeah im already taken lol.

Mirko will win but im picking Kongo too.

Just by some chance that kongo does win i can hurry back here an say HA to all the kongo doubters lol

Who was the guy that took the bet? so I can PM to not go easy on you :angry4: :grinsmile1:

CEVANS
08-02-2007, 08:07 PM
mirko has always had a weak chin look at the macdonald fight

cro cop should pull this one out it would be funny as hell to see him take kongo down and GnP him for the win.he does have ricco big belly rod training with him now so he should pick up some pointers on the ground if kongo is winnning the stand up

Liam
08-03-2007, 12:04 AM
mirko has always had a weak chin look at the macdonald fight

cro cop should pull this one out it would be funny as hell to see him take kongo down and GnP him for the win.he does have ricco big belly rod training with him now so he should pick up some pointers on the ground if kongo is winnning the stand up

Of course IF he's winning the stand up. I bet CC has a big point to prove after getting KTFO by gonzaga... He'll wanna show the american public how badasss he really is... I wanna see some of that stand up that tore wandy apart

Afro
08-03-2007, 12:14 AM

Cuz hes a greco-roman wrestler

Transworld
08-04-2007, 08:22 AM
I think Congo is going to catch CC with a lucky punch and end the fight. I don't feel that CC has adapted to the cage very well up to this point. CC would be better to take Congo down and finish him on the ground.

ufobydeath
08-04-2007, 02:35 PM
I think Kongo has a puncher's chance; he might KO CC... but I see him getting KTFO by CC in the first

Legend
08-04-2007, 03:43 PM
The only real advantage Kongo has is his size but it's not like CC is a stranger to fighting bigger guys. I see CC winning via (T)KO.

aaron757
08-05-2007, 02:01 PM
kind of a scary fight. judgin from Kongo's last fight. hes 2 inches tall and 20 pounds heavier. crop cop is one of my favs but you can never be sure. im optimistic for a croatian hand raise.