PDA

View Full Version : Xyience NOX-CG3

dagreat1
08-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Has anyone tried it?

I purchased one of the big $130.00 containers (paid around $60 shipped via online store) and have been using it for a while and it gives me great pump, workout duration and my recovery time is very minimal however from the reviews I have read on it, it seems as though there are much better roducts out there and they are even cheaper (Consensus seems to be that Xyience is a rip off and compared to everything else).

I was expecting great results given the phenomenal blend of NO, Creatine and Glutamine topped with the fact that it costs twice as much as everything else.

Are we paying for the label or am I just doing something wrong?

I workout 4 days per week and usually on 1-2 of the days I am not working out I will do 400 pushups (first rep of 50, then reps of 25 thereafter until I hit 150, then two reps of 20 and finish it off with a very slow rep of 10) , I do this when I wake up and then before I go to sleep, I start the day out with these on my workout days as well).

I don't use the Xyience for the pushups, I do my regular workout during the day and take the Xyience about 45 minutes before wroking out and Muscle Milk about 45 minutes post workout.

Are the morning pushups possibly effecting the results of the Xyience by me maybe not giving my mucles enough time to recoop (since I am doing 200 in the morning and 200 at night) or maybe by doing the pushups in the morning and using those muscles pre Xyience intake that is causing problems as well?

My results are improved from taking 0 supplements to using the Xyience NOX-CG3 but I am wondering if I should possibly look to a different supplement to replace the Xyience? I have heard good things about BSN N.O. Xplode, does this product achieve much better results than Xyience NOX-CG3?

I am really looking to gain strength and mass though not too much mass that it effects my mobility. I'm 5'-10" and 182lbs, I would like to be at 195lbs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Clint
08-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Most people like NO-Xplode over NOXCG3 and it's much cheaper so I would go get the following:
* NO-Xplode
* Some 100% Creatine Monohydrate - Creapure (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un/creapure.html) is the very highly regarded but any brand would work
* Some Glutamine if you want - It's cheap as hell and any brand would work but instead of this you might want to get some BCAAs

I dunno what your workout looks like but the 5X5 routine in the stickied FAQ is a good comprimise of plenty of strength with some mass. As for the pushups they probably aren't hurting anything but for your goals they aren't really helping much either. Try Burpees instead.

dudefella
08-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Xyience stuff is all a waste of money. Much better products out there.

Honestly, you don't need any supplements beyond the basics. Protein, multivitamin, and creatine (if you want... I don't usually bother). After that, eat, eat EAT. Take whatever money you're wasting on the xyience garbage and go to the grocery store. Your goal is 15lb... no problem. Eat 5500-6500 calories a day (clean calories; chicken, sweet potatoes etc), train properly, and get enough rest. Shouldn't take too long.

Now.. why the fuck are you doing 400 pushups? If you want to put on some mass, that's a huge waste of time, and very counter-productive. Low reps, high weight. Pyramids work best for me. ie, for deadlifts I'd do something like: 180x10, 270x5, 310x5, 360x5, 400x5. I do that so I can get the closest to my max, and have my muscles loose and warm so there's little chance of injury. If you want to put on mass, concentrate on compound lifts. Bench press, deadlifts, bent rows, powercleans (and clean & press), squats.

dagreat1
08-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Most people like NO-Xplode over NOXCG3 and it's much cheaper so I would go get the following:
* NO-Xplode
* Some 100% Creatine Monohydrate - Creapure (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un/creapure.html) is the very highly regarded but any brand would work
* Some Glutamine if you want - It's cheap as hell and any brand would work but instead of this you might want to get some BCAAs

I dunno what your workout looks like but the 5X5 routine in the stickied FAQ is a good comprimise of plenty of strength with some mass. As for the pushups they probably aren't hurting anything but for your goals they aren't really helping much either. Try Burpees instead.

Yes I was looking at the 5x5, it looks effective. I do the Burpees in my regular workouts (A similar drill to what you posted, I do the drill before I hit the weights).

Thanks for the tips.

Xyience stuff is all a waste of money. Much better products out there.

Honestly, you don't need any supplements beyond the basics. Protein, multivitamin, and creatine (if you want... I don't usually bother). After that, eat, eat EAT. Take whatever money you're wasting on the xyience garbage and go to the grocery store. Your goal is 15lb... no problem. Eat 5500-6500 calories a day (clean calories; chicken, sweet potatoes etc), train properly, and get enough rest. Shouldn't take too long.

Now.. why the fuck are you doing 400 pushups? If you want to put on some mass, that's a huge waste of time, and very counter-productive. Low reps, high weight. Pyramids work best for me. ie, for deadlifts I'd do something like: 180x10, 270x5, 310x5, 360x5, 400x5. I do that so I can get the closest to my max, and have my muscles loose and warm so there's little chance of injury. If you want to put on mass, concentrate on compound lifts. Bench press, deadlifts, bent rows, powercleans (and clean & press), squats.

I don't do the pushups for mass, just strength (I do them all on an incline). I am not looking to add a ton of mass, just some mass and a ton of strength. basically look "in shape" as I do now but be incredibly strong without compromising mobility and agility so while I do want the assistance of supplements, I am not looking to overdue it.

My 4 day workout routine is a pyramid routine. Though I am goignt o scrap it for a month and do the 5x5 pyramid routine and take it from there and add some other stuff to it if I am getting better results than what I am doing now.

As far as eating I eat pretty healthy now, lots of raw veggies, fruits, and chicken breast and I do not eat fast food though I do eat at restaurants maybe once per week which maybe I should cut it to once every 2 weeks. I substitute chips with pretzels and that is basically the only junk food I eat other than an occasional granola bar.

dudefella
08-05-2007, 03:34 AM
Yes I was looking at the 5x5, it looks effective. I do the Burpees in my regular workouts (A similar drill to what you posted, I do the drill before I hit the weights).

Thanks for the tips.

I don't do the pushups for mass, just strength (I do them all on an incline). I am not looking to add a ton of mass, just some mass and a ton of strength. basically look "in shape" as I do now but be incredibly strong without compromising mobility and agility so while I do want the assistance of supplements, I am not looking to overdue it.

My 4 day workout routine is a pyramid routine. Though I am goignt o scrap it for a month and do the 5x5 pyramid routine and take it from there and add some other stuff to it if I am getting better results than what I am doing now.

As far as eating I eat pretty healthy now, lots of raw veggies, fruits, and chicken breast and I do not eat fast food though I do eat at restaurants maybe once per week which maybe I should cut it to once every 2 weeks. I substitute chips with pretzels and that is basically the only junk food I eat other than an occasional granola bar.
Pushups are going to build more endurance than strength. Since you're looking for strength and mass, all pushups are really going to do is fatigue your muscles. Probably make you increase your strength a bit slower. You did say you want to put on something like 15lb... that won't happen if you're not eating enough, and are over-training certain muscle groups (pushups on off days... over-training your pecs, delts and triceps).

You want to build up your strength, keep it low reps, high weight. Aim for 5 reps on your last set. If you can do that without a spot helping you on hte last couple reps, raise the weight. Compound lifts, you can probably move up 5lb or so every week, assuming your diet is in check, and (probably more importantly) you're getting enough rest. This includes BOTH sleep and letting your muscles recover properly (no fucking pushups unless you're doing them during a workout!).

dagreat1
08-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Pushups are going to build more endurance than strength. Since you're looking for strength and mass, all pushups are really going to do is fatigue your muscles. Probably make you increase your strength a bit slower. You did say you want to put on something like 15lb... that won't happen if you're not eating enough, and are over-training certain muscle groups (pushups on off days... over-training your pecs, delts and triceps).

You want to build up your strength, keep it low reps, high weight. Aim for 5 reps on your last set. If you can do that without a spot helping you on hte last couple reps, raise the weight. Compound lifts, you can probably move up 5lb or so every week, assuming your diet is in check, and (probably more importantly) you're getting enough rest. This includes BOTH sleep and letting your muscles recover properly (no fucking pushups unless you're doing them during a workout!).

Thanks for the tips, yeah the sleep maybe a factor, I only get around 5-6 hours per day, 7 if I am lucky. What is an ideal amount of hours of sleep I shuold try to get?

Clint
08-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the tips, yeah the sleep maybe a factor, I only get around 5-6 hours per day, 7 if I am lucky. What is an ideal amount of hours of sleep I shuold try to get?
7-9 is ideal depending on the person.

dudefella
08-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I usually need 8.5-9, and won't even bother going to the gym if I only get 5.

samuraba
09-26-2007, 07:51 AM
I used to take N.O. Explode its a very good product and it defintely adds quite a bit of mass as wells as helps with muscle strains. I'm now taking N.A No Vapor(a little more expensive) which is a little better, the only difference is you don't have to wait 1/2 hour to lift and it feels like you have alot more energy. High Weight/Low Reps is probly the way you want to go if your trying to gain mass.

Rufio
09-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Personally I just bought plain L-Arginine and Nature's best creatine monohydrate. Then I found out that it's hard for free form arginine over 2 grams in pill form to convert to NO.

What I don't understand is putting creatine into NO products. In the only test that's been conducted, pre-workout creatine didn't appear to do anything. It seems that creatine needs time to go through your system. It's post-workout creatine that helps because it helps to conserve a certain anabolic hormone (I forget which) and thus helps with protein synthesis. I've also read that you can sort of overload yourself with creatine, and of course too much caffeine blunts the effect of creatine.

Basically, you should only take 3-5 grams of creatine a day (a teaspoon full or less) and it has the greatest effect post-workout. The NO products are primarily pre-workout supplements. It's kind of counterproductive to put creatine and NO boosters together, IMO

Rufio
09-26-2007, 10:00 PM
I used to take N.O. Explode its a very good product and it defintely adds quite a bit of mass as wells as helps with muscle strains. I'm now taking N.A No Vapor(a little more expensive) which is a little better, the only difference is you don't have to wait 1/2 hour to lift and it feels like you have alot more energy. High Weight/Low Reps is probly the way you want to go if your trying to gain mass.

Actually from my reading you should lift in "cycles."

High volume/lower weight and short rests is best for pumps, endurance (from slow twitch muscle fiber growth), and making your muscle cells bigger.

High weight/low reps is best for actual strenth (fast twitch muscle fiber growth) and growing new muscle cells, which is what people mean when they talk about "permanent gains." Like with fat, it's generally believed that growing new muscle cells makes your gains more likely to stick around than simply enlarging pre-existing muscle cells.

It's best to switch back and fourth between the two in order to keep shocking your body. Once your muscle cells are enlarged with all kinds of nutrients from the high volume, you're in an ideal state to build new muscle cells. Once those new muscle cells are built, it's time to get them filled with nutrients. That's my understanding of it, at least.

Regardless of whether you're doing high volume or high intensity, it's best to finish a workout within an hour to avoid staying in a catabolic state for too long.

Also of note when you're doing high intensity: compound excercises where you can move bigger weights (eg. bench, squats, deadlifts, chest presses, dips, rows) naturally increase your production of testosterone, HGH, and other anabolic hormones beyond what you get from isolation movements. You should probably still incorporate isolation moves into your workouts, but the big compound lifts should come first and be what you concentrate on the most. Isolation moves are your "supplement."

Ubermensch
09-26-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm with Clint and like NO-EXPLODE best it gives a great pump and amazing gains.

I am not a fan of Creatine it makes me puffy and I hate that. So I avoid it only when I plateau do I take a bit.

I load Amino's period it's one of the best things to do to stay young and fit.

And I use HDT Protein powder with Rice Milk and some Flaxseed oil mixed in. I'm older don't want my cholesterol to get too high.

kylewyzle2005
09-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Has anyone tried it?

I purchased one of the big $130.00 containers (paid around $60 shipped via online store) and have been using it for a while and it gives me great pump, workout duration and my recovery time is very minimal however from the reviews I have read on it, it seems as though there are much better roducts out there and they are even cheaper (Consensus seems to be that Xyience is a rip off and compared to everything else).

I was expecting great results given the phenomenal blend of NO, Creatine and Glutamine topped with the fact that it costs twice as much as everything else.

Are we paying for the label or am I just doing something wrong?

I workout 4 days per week and usually on 1-2 of the days I am not working out I will do 400 pushups (first rep of 50, then reps of 25 thereafter until I hit 150, then two reps of 20 and finish it off with a very slow rep of 10) , I do this when I wake up and then before I go to sleep, I start the day out with these on my workout days as well).

I don't use the Xyience for the pushups, I do my regular workout during the day and take the Xyience about 45 minutes before wroking out and Muscle Milk about 45 minutes post workout.

Are the morning pushups possibly effecting the results of the Xyience by me maybe not giving my mucles enough time to recoop (since I am doing 200 in the morning and 200 at night) or maybe by doing the pushups in the morning and using those muscles pre Xyience intake that is causing problems as well?

My results are improved from taking 0 supplements to using the Xyience NOX-CG3 but I am wondering if I should possibly look to a different supplement to replace the Xyience? I have heard good things about BSN N.O. Xplode, does this product achieve much better results than Xyience NOX-CG3?

I am really looking to gain strength and mass though not too much mass that it effects my mobility. I'm 5'-10" and 182lbs, I would like to be at 195lbs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Xyience is the most overrated brand ever. there prices are way to high. go to vitamin world and buy NOS BLAST by Precision Engineering(Vitamin Worlds brand) and save money and get what you payed for. Im taking it right now and its works really badass.

kylewyzle2005
09-26-2007, 10:43 PM

if u really want to get stronger and bigger faster, get around 8 to 10 hours of sleep

Rufio
09-27-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm with Clint and like NO-EXPLODE best it gives a great pump and amazing gains.

I am not a fan of Creatine it makes me puffy and I hate that. So I avoid it only when I plateau do I take a bit.

I load Amino's period it's one of the best things to do to stay young and fit.

And I use HDT Protein powder with Rice Milk and some Flaxseed oil mixed in. I'm older don't want my cholesterol to get too high.

Ummm ... Just so you know, NO-Xlode has creatine in it. It's not monohydrate which means less water retention, but creatine is in it. All the Nitric Oxide boosters are are different forms of arginine (an amino acid) with a few things like citrulline that aide it.

Ubermensch
09-27-2007, 01:54 AM
Ummm ... Just so you know, NO-Xlode has creatine in it. It's not monohydrate which means less water retention, but creatine is in it. All the Nitric Oxide boosters are are different forms of arginine (an amino acid) with a few things like citrulline that aide it.

I know I should of been more specific. Regular creatin is in beef and all sorts of things I did mean Monohydrate and I thought that was obvious.

P.S. Rufio Don't be a head everyone who knows anything knows arginine is an amino. L-Lysine and Ornathine with Arginine create a Natural spurt in you own HGH. Don't get High and mighty with me friend because one of my best friends is a Bio Engineer and manipulates Peptides for a living.

Rufio
09-27-2007, 03:11 AM
LOL I didn't mean to get "high and mighty." I had no way of knowing whether you knew that or not. A lot of people I talk to in the gym barely pay attention to the actual ingredients in their supplements. All they know about NO Xplode is that "it has nitric oxide." How am I supposed to know what research you have or haven't done in this area?

Ubermensch
09-27-2007, 06:47 AM
LOL I didn't mean to get "high and mighty." I had no way of knowing whether you knew that or not. A lot of people I talk to in the gym barely pay attention to the actual ingredients in their supplements. All they know about NO Xplode is that "it has nitric oxide." How am I supposed to know what research you have or haven't done in this area?

Hey I neged you because of that I will give you a pos Rep back when it allows me to again alright.

kaiz77
09-29-2007, 12:36 AM
Anyone else not able to take preworkout supps due to cramping and such....
I used to take arginine...or creatine before my jiu-jitsu....
and I found that I had to stop taking it because I would get TOO much of a pump....after gripping people I would begin to cramp...and my forearms would be so freakin tight it was amazing!!!......now I only take it on days of lifting only!!!.....you guys want a preworkout supp that is cheap and WORKS...as stated above.......Universal Shock Therapy!!!....you wont be disappointed!!!