PDA

View Full Version : Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

Transworld
08-04-2007, 01:16 AM
If Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou could sign with the UFC; where do you think he would rank and fit in the LHD division. People who train with him say he is extremely talented. Not to mention his two big wins in Pride.

ufobydeath
08-04-2007, 07:30 AM
At this point I'd be more interested in seeing his ground skills :p
I think he'll be a titlecontender pretty quickly as long as the UFC doesn't try to fuck with him

matto
08-04-2007, 08:48 AM
hard to say, if he really beat arona and lil nog that fast and devistating then he should be way up there. great striking and ground game, what more could you ask for. too bad he doesnt have the danceing skillz of sylvia though.:sadsmile1:

Bullock
08-04-2007, 10:08 AM
If Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou could sign with the UFC; where do you think he would rank and fit in the LHD division. People who train with him say he is extremely talented. Not to mention his two big wins in Pride.

Some people would like to disagree with me, but I think that when you beat two top five guys in a row by devastating fashion you should be ranked in the top five.

neonatural45
08-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Some people would like to disagree with me, but I think that when you beat two top five guys in a row by devastating fashion you should be ranked in the top five.

I know, I really dont see why he doesnt deserve to be in the Top 5 and imo he would beat everyone in the UFC besides Shogun

bowlingsean
08-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Sokoudjou should be a top 5 LHW fighter. The two devastating KO's of previous top ranked LHW would support that. As for if he was to sign with the UFC here is what I would think that Douschebag...errr Dana would want to see.

First fight, a fighter at the level of Stephan Bonnar, ect. someone that the casual MMA fan knows and would be a great way for Sokoudjou to get exposure to the mainstream fan.

Second fight - this should then be a title fight but I would see the UFC giving him an additional fight to gain more exposure to the casual fan. This fight would be against a top opponent, my thought would be Tito, Forrest, Rashad.....I wouldn't see a fight against a top ranked opponent like Liddell, Rampage, ect.

Third fight - title fight

neonatural45
08-04-2007, 01:16 PM
^^^^

you mean Sokodjou should be a top 5 fighter right?

mbassy
08-04-2007, 01:46 PM
i would love to see either tito or rashad get ktfo by sokodjou

Noob
08-04-2007, 02:02 PM
i would love to see either tito or rashad get ktfo by sokodjou

I would love to see either of those fights.

Especially Tito v. Soko, just because I can't stand Tito. But Rashad v. Soko would be a hell of a matchup.

bowlingsean
08-04-2007, 05:59 PM
yep...meant Sokoudjou.........must have been too early....

kaindakiller
08-23-2007, 08:16 PM
i put him in the top ten.i don't know why the ufc hasn't signed him.maybe it's too crowded.

Daver46
08-29-2007, 04:42 AM
Considering his training partners it will only be a little time before the UFC does sign him.

jedibaker
08-29-2007, 09:34 AM

My whole problem with any current ranking system is that you may really never know who is better because they may never fight each other. I think Soko would surely be ranked top five in old pride, but not ufc, until he earned it there. I really wish MMA was like boxing in that respect. We would never guess if Lenox was better then Holyfield, because they fought. We may never know if Barnett is better then Couture, because the chances of them fighting are slim.

Transworld
09-05-2007, 12:33 AM
My whole problem with any current ranking system is that you may really never know who is better because they may never fight each other. I think Soko would surely be ranked top five in old pride, but not ufc, until he earned it there. I really wish MMA was like boxing in that respect. We would never guess if Lenox was better then Holyfield, because they fought. We may never know if Barnett is better then Couture, because the chances of them fighting are slim.

If only all the fighters were able to fight in any organization.

Sunburn
09-05-2007, 12:38 AM
LHW is pretty stacked at the moment in fairness..... but i reckon he could tear through most of them

matto
09-08-2007, 09:09 AM
he is a force anyway you look at it. nobody at lhw could dispose of lil nog and arona like he did, so on that note how could you say that he could beat anybody besides shogun? his striking and ground game are off the charts and he is a very explosive athlete. if he is the same soko that beat arona and lil nog like that i dont see anybody at lhw beating him. but i dont care how good you are, you dont beat lil nog and arona like that, imo he is very good, maybe top five, but i want to see him fight page, liddell, naku, shogun, wand.

Severn
09-11-2007, 11:39 AM
It's funny how he asked for Bisping and they told him in no uncertain terms "nO".

eazye76
09-11-2007, 12:27 PM
he is a force anyway you look at it. nobody at lhw could dispose of lil nog and arona like he did, so on that note how could you say that he could beat anybody besides shogun? his striking and ground game are off the charts and he is a very explosive athlete. if he is the same soko that beat arona and lil nog like that i dont see anybody at lhw beating him. but i dont care how good you are, you dont beat lil nog and arona like that, imo he is very good, maybe top five, but i want to see him fight page, liddell, naku, shogun, wand.
I agree, but I think it's important to remember we have never really seen this guy past the first round. As badass as he looked, I just want to see what he can do over the course of 10-15 min.

jedibaker
09-11-2007, 04:09 PM
If only all the fighters were able to fight in any organization.

And that is, IMO, the biggest problem with MMA. It's like in boxing you don't have this problem, but with professional wrestling, you do. For me, if there were ever a turn off of MMA that would be it. Thank God I love MMA a whole lot to not let this bother me.