PDA

View Full Version : Houston Alexander Vs. Alessio Sakara

thasiccest
08-05-2007, 12:06 AM
i dont know if this has been mentioned yet (it prob has) but this fight is on the UFC 75 card!
who do you guys think wins this fight? and how?
i predict Houston Alexander wins via tko.
Alessio Sakara is 2 and 2 in the ufc, with one decesion and one tko win, and his losses are by tko and sub.

also i need rep, lol!

Intellectual
08-05-2007, 12:43 AM
i hope Sakara wins. his ground game is improving and his boxing has always been good. there's always room for improvement, and i think he has tons of potential.

anything can happen in this fight.

thasiccest
08-05-2007, 12:54 AM
i really hope huston wins, i think with what i have seen of him, (which is little) he looks like he can make really exciting fights!
if he wins i say have him fight Sokoudjou if the ufc could get him over? then have the winer fight the winner of chuck vs wandy for a title shot?

Intellectual
08-05-2007, 01:27 AM
he's not ready for Sokoudjou. he needs more than just 1 fight. you are putting Houston with the big names. He's not up there, but has the potential. There are many fighters ahead of him and are more deserving of a title shot.

thasiccest
08-05-2007, 01:43 AM
lol, i know. but i saying is if he wins his next fight with ease or in a exciting manner, they give him one big name and then the top contender for the belt!
i do not think he is great, but you said he is not ready for Sokoudjou... Sokoudjou has 4wins(3ko's and 1dec) and 1loss(byTKO in the 1st)
Alexander has 7wins(4ko's, 1 dec, 1 sub) and 1loss(his 1st fight and it was a sub)
i think Alexander has not fought they same comp but i think anyone with hard fast hands that likes to throw them makes for a good fight?
you agree?

p.s. you live in socal? where in socal, i live in the south bay(hermosa beach)

Intellectual
08-05-2007, 01:47 AM
i completley disagree with your post.

well let's look at Sokoudjou defeats: Lil' Nog, Arona. Both fighters are top 10 LHW's. Sokoudjou deserves recognition.

Houston defeated Jardine who is nowhere near Nog's or Arona's skill level. Jardine in my opinion isn't even top 15 at the moment in LHW's.

Houston has a LONG way to go. He's KO'd 4 people. That's great, it's not how many people you KO, it's the caliber of fighters you compete with.

thasiccest
08-05-2007, 01:50 AM
i completley disagree with your post.

well let's look at Sokoudjou defeats: Lil' Nog, Arona. Both fighters are top 10 LHW's. Sokoudjou deserves recognition.

Houston defeated Jardine who is nowhere near Nog's or Arona's skill level. Jardine in my opinion isn't even top 15 at the moment in LHW's.

Houston has a LONG way to go. He's KO'd 4 people. That's great, it's not how many people you KO, it's the caliber of fighters you compete with.

i never said he has fought the same comp.... i think you misunderstood me.... i said they have NOT fought the same type of comp.
i was just stayting their records, with numbers, nothing more.....
i do not think alexander is that good, i think he is exciting..... nothing more or nothing less......
you agree with that?

Intellectual
08-05-2007, 01:52 AM
you douche bag. you just edited your post right after i posted.

Last edited by thasiccest : Today at 06:46 PM.

grow the fuck up, it's a discussion.

thasiccest
08-05-2007, 01:54 AM
you called me a douche bag.........
i edited it to ADD that i live in socal and i notice you did too..... and have some tickets to the TFA fighta and i was going to see if you were interested in going!!!!!!
i did nto edit the post i added the P.S.

thasiccest
08-05-2007, 01:55 AM
also i edited it at 650 yuo posted it at 652

Intellectual
08-05-2007, 01:56 AM
i didn't edit any of my posts. grow up.

thasiccest
08-05-2007, 01:57 AM
i didn't edit any of my posts. grow up.

i never said you did.....
all i did was add the p.s.
you can check the post it was edited BEFORE you replied. im not going to get in a yelling match, lol i was/am having fun discussing,

yerbluesjohn
08-05-2007, 12:55 PM
im not really impressed with alexander defeating a list made up entirely of fighers ive never heard of, and i definitely wouldn't say the jardine fight showed me enough to believe he will even make a dent at lhw...

ill pick sakara, just because of that.

aaron757
08-05-2007, 01:04 PM
alexander was monstorous last time. i want him to win again just like he did. only thing i didnt like was how he acted kinda cocky during the interview. saying he slipped and stuff. yeah right.

neonatural45
08-05-2007, 06:59 PM
sakara

pro boxer>>>>> spaz uppercuts

thasiccest
08-05-2007, 08:13 PM
i am noty saying he is great but i think ANYONE with fast, powerful hands that likes to throw them makes for exciting fights.......

Typhoid
08-06-2007, 03:49 AM
This is a tough one for me because I just feel like I haven't seen enough of Alexander to make an informed decision. If I were basing it solely on his fight with Jardine I would lean towards him, but right now I'm going to lean towards Sakara even though his record in the UFC isn't the greatest, I feel if he can survive Houston's initial onslaught, he may have a chance.

--