PDA

View Full Version : Bonds Hits 756 Breaks Hank Aarons Reacord!!!

ChuckBooty
08-05-2007, 07:49 AM
If I were a pitcher (instead of a belly-itcher) I would simply WALK that cheating sack of crap for the rest of the season. What do you say?

TheBonger
08-05-2007, 08:29 AM
i say fuck Bonds, he is nothing more than a frankenstein-like product of scientific engineering. The baseball record books will be forever tainted.(not that it wasn't already)

Thaistylist
08-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Half the homeruns he hit were off juiced up pitchers...doesn't make it right but he's never been found guilty of using steroids while alot of pitchers have.

Palma
08-05-2007, 08:48 AM
If I were a pitcher (instead of a belly-itcher) I would simply WALK that cheating sack of crap for the rest of the season. What do you say?

i say fuck Bonds, he is nothing more than a frankenstein-like product of scientific engineering. The baseball record books will be forever tainted.(not that it wasn't already)

You might as well say the same thing about Tom Brady and Randy Couture because Bonds like most athletes has never tested positive for steroids... Has anyone ever accused you of doing something they couldn't prove?

That's not what this country is about...

TheBonger
08-05-2007, 08:50 AM
You might as well say the same thing about Tom Brady and Randy Couture because Bonds like most athletes has never tested positive for steroids... Has anyone ever accused you of doing something they couldn't prove?

That's not what this country is about...

lol, just because he hasnt tested positive doesnt mean he didnt do it. You really want too make the argument that he didnt juice?

Palma
08-05-2007, 09:01 AM
lol, just because he hasnt tested positive doesnt mean he didnt do it. You really want too make the argument that he didnt juice?

Whose to say that 80% of MLB players don't use some performing enhancing drugs? For the record he is accused of using perfroming enhancing drugs that weren't even illegal or banned when he did them. Not to mention he has been testes rigorously for the past three seasons and has not tested postive for roids while 12 players a year test postive with a 20 game suspension before going back to their teams with no aftermath.

Why should Bonds be ridiculed? Because he is Barry and everyone hates him or because he is breaking a signifigant record? Either way, it's the exact same adveristy Marris faced when he broke the single season homerun record and it's the same bullshit Aaron faced when he broke the all time record.

spinach
08-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Half the homeruns he hit were off juiced up pitchers...doesn't make it right but he's never been found guilty of using steroids while alot of pitchers have.
I think more people are coming to the conclusion that it is HGH he is using.

Thank you baseball for testing your athletes to the highest standards.

Thaistylist
08-05-2007, 07:45 PM
I think more people are coming to the conclusion that it is HGH he is using.

Thank you baseball for testing your athletes to the highest standards.

And that more pitchers use it than hitters.

thasiccest
08-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Whose to say that 80% of MLB players don't use some performing enhancing drugs? For the record he is accused of using perfroming enhancing drugs that weren't even illegal or banned when he did them. Not to mention he has been testes rigorously for the past three seasons and has not tested postive for roids while 12 players a year test postive with a 20 game suspension before going back to their teams with no aftermath.

Why should Bonds be ridiculed? Because he is Barry and everyone hates him or because he is breaking a signifigant record? Either way, it's the exact same adveristy Marris faced when he broke the single season homerun record and it's the same bullshit Aaron faced when he broke the all time record.

i agree with everyword you just wrote!

Spain215
08-06-2007, 08:14 AM
barry bonds*

Palma
08-06-2007, 08:28 AM
barry bonds*

It would be his records that would have an * next to it, not Bonds.

Roger Marris had an * next to his single season HR record because they had 8 more games when he broke the record compared to when Ruth broke the record.

The also wanted to put an * next to 755 because the ball was wound tighter and the bats were 10 oz lighter in Aaron's day compared to Ruth's day.

Afro
08-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Bonds may or may not of juiced, but innocent until proven guilty.. he deserves to be regarded so high cuz hes about to make history.. with that said I still think Hank Aaron is better

Severn
08-06-2007, 05:49 PM
I hope Barry breaks the record tonight. Like him or not he will own this record for a few years and personally I think he's a better player than Aaron was. He should have an extra MVP to his name if it wasn't for the sympathetic voting that gave the MVP to Terry Pendalton.

He would have broke this record a while ago if the "wussification" (thank you Michael Wilbon) of baseball wasn't in effect where they walk everyone.

Omoplata
08-06-2007, 10:24 PM
A-Rod will shatter the record if he stays healthy.

MichaelK
08-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Bonds has never tested positive, but he did in fact say that he unknowingly took the stealth steroid, among several others as provided by the Balco guy.

Severn
08-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Congrats Barry Lamar Bonds!!!!!

756!!!!

warrior06
08-08-2007, 07:03 AM
He did it. Thoughts?

TriangleChoke
08-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Barry Bonds-756 hr.....the 1000 lb elephant in the room was the steroid scandal..what's everyone think?

edit: there's already a thread ab this in the Other Sports section...my bad

Thaistylist
08-08-2007, 07:11 AM
Congrats to Barry! Until he is convicted of something I believe that we should all celebrate this record.

warrior06
08-08-2007, 07:16 AM
Barry Bonds hit No. 756 to the deepest part of the ballpark Tuesday night, and hammered home the point: Like him or not, legitimate or not, he is baseball's new home run king.

Bonds broke Hank Aaron's storied record in the fifth inning, connecting on a 3-2 pitch from Washington's Mike Bacsik. Three days earlier, Bonds tied the Hammer with a shot to left-center in San Diego.

"Thank you very much. I got to thank all of you, all the fans here in San Francisco. It's been fantastic," he said shortly after crossing home plate, his godfather, Willie Mays, at his side.

"I got to thank my teammates. Through all of this, you've been strong and given me all the support I needed and I'll never forget it as long as I live."

After thanking his children, he said: "I'm glad I did it before you guys went to school."

To the Nationals, he said: "Thank you for understanding this game. It means a lot to me."

He saved his late father, Bobby, for last.

"To my dad," he said, his voice broke as he pointed to the sky. Through tears, he added, "Thank you for everything."

Conspicuous by their absence were the commissioner and Aaron himself.

Bud Selig was on hand for the tying homer, deciding to put baseball history ahead of the steroid allegations that have plagued the San Francisco Giants slugger. On this night, he sent an emissary, Major League Baseball executive vice president Jimmie Lee Solomon.

As for Aaron, he said all along he had no interest in being there whenever and wherever his 33-year-old mark was broken. He was true to his word, but he did offer a taped message of congratulations that played on stadium's video board.

"I move over now and offer my congratulations to Barry and his family," Aaron said.

Absent, too, were the fans who held up asterisk signs, sure that Bonds wasn't the real deal and that his power came from steroids.

Bonds didn't face such suspicions at AT&T Park, in front of a loyal, home crowd. Bonds has always denied knowingly using performance-enhancing drugs.

Yet even with Bonds at the top of the chart, fans will surely keep debating which slugger they consider the true home run champion. Some will continue to cling to Aaron while other, older rooters will always say it's Babe Ruth.

"It's all about history. Pretty soon, someone will come along and pass him," Mays said before the game.

A seven-time NL MVP, the 43-year-old Bonds hit his 22nd home run of the year. Bonds broke Mark McGwire's single-season record by hitting 73 in 2001 and while he's no longer such a force, opposing pitchers remain wary.

Bonds and Giants management bickered in the offseason over contract issues. This big night was the main reason owner Peter Magowan brought back the star left fielder for a 15th season in San Francisco, signing him to a $15.8 million, one-year contract.

Bonds' once-rapid quest for the record had slowed in recent years as his age and balky knees diminished his pace. He hit 258 home runs from 2000-04, but has only 53 since then.

While steroids have tinged Bonds' pursuit, it was race that was the predominant issue when Aaron broke Ruth's mark in 1974. Aaron dealt with hate mail and death threats from racist fans who thought a black man was not worthy of breaking the record set by a white hero, the beloved Babe.

Former commissioner Bowie Kuhn watched Aaron tie the record but was not present for the record-breaker, a slight that bothered many fans of Aaron. Selig is a close friend of Aaron's and offered Bonds tepid congratulations when he tied the record.

"I think Hank is his own man," Mays said. "I think if he wanted to be here he would be here."

"When he hit 715, the commissioner wasn't there," he said. "You may not blame him because he wasn't represented the right way."

Bonds was destined for stardom at an early age. The son of All-Star outfielder Bobby Bonds and the godson of one of the game's greatest players, Bonds spent his childhood years roaming the clubhouse at Candlestick Park, getting tips from Mays and other Giants.

"I visualized him playing sports at a high level. He was 5 when he was in my locker all the time," Mays said.

In a matter of years, Bonds went from a wiry leadoff hitter with Pittsburgh in 1986 to a bulked-up slugger. That transformation is at the heart of his many doubters, who believe Bonds cheated to accomplish his feats and should not be considered the record-holder.

There are plenty of fans already hoping for the day that Bonds' total — whatever it ends up — is topped. Rodriguez may have the best chance, with his 500 home runs at age 32 far ahead of Bonds' pace.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/08/07/sports/s205350D49.DTL

sandywh
08-08-2007, 07:17 AM
He deserves better than to go down in history as a doped up power hitter. Bonds, like Aaron is one of the Top 5 baseball players ever, but like Aaron Bonds will only be remembered as a power hitter. Noone will care to rmember the 6 MVPs, 7 Gold Gloves, 300+ steals. He will only be remembered for the homeruns.

I might be the only Bonds fan outside of San Fran, but I seriously think that he will never get the respect he deserves. Instead guys like Roger Clemens, who has held team after team hostage over contract issues. Threatened retiremet, and has been rumored on several occasions to be doping as well, get considered to be the greatest players ever.

Barry Bonds is an asshole, but he doesn't try to cover it up. Guys like Clemens, ARod, Griffey, and others are monster pricks that try to come off as great guys only in front of TV cameras.

Congrats Barry. I hope you retire after tonights game and tell Bud Selig, baseball, Hank Aaron, and anyone that gave you shit about the record to kiss your ass.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb288/SrgtSplattersGFX/My%20Created%20Sigs/87S.png

sandywh
08-08-2007, 07:20 AM
He deserves better than to go down in history as a doped up power hitter. Bonds, like Aaron is one of the Top 5 baseball players ever, but like Aaron Bonds will only be remembered as a power hitter. Noone will care to rmember the 6 MVPs, 7 Gold Gloves, 300+ steals. He will only be remembered for the homeruns.

I might be the only Bonds fan outside of San Fran, but I seriously think that he will never get the respect he deserves. Instead guys like Roger Clemens, who has held team after team hostage over contract issues. Threatened retiremet, and has been rumored on several occasions to be doping as well, get considered to be the greatest players ever.

Barry Bonds is an asshole, but he doesn't try to cover it up. Guys like Clemens, ARod, Griffey, and others are monster pricks that try to come off as great guys only in front of TV cameras.

Congrats Barry. I hope you retire after tonights game and tell Bud Selig, baseball, Hank Aaron, and anyone that gave you shit about the record to kiss your ass.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb288/SrgtSplattersGFX/My%20Created%20Sigs/87S.png

sandywh
08-08-2007, 07:23 AM

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/mexXxican_24/BarryBondsSigcopy.gif

Howie
08-08-2007, 08:44 AM
it would be foolish not to put Barry in the hall. he is by far one of the best ball players of all time.

TheBonger
08-08-2007, 08:54 AM
it would be foolish not to put Barry in the hall. he is by far one of the best ball players of all time.

IMO if Pete Rose is not in the hall of for what he did, which was after his career and in NO way affected his numbers then yeah you can keep barry out for have juiced numbers.

Also whats with the triple post?

Howie
08-08-2007, 09:53 PM
barry hasnt been proven guilty of anything. and on top of that he is by far one of the best baseball players of all time. ppl tend to forget his resume because of all the steroid accusations