PDA

View Full Version : Who's your picks to win this year?

Matt Boone
05-20-2006, 05:09 AM
Who do you pick to win TUF 3 this year at LHW and MW?

Options out of those remaining:

LHW:

Michael Bisping
Jesse Forbes
Matt Hamill
Josh Haynes
Mike Nickels

MW:

Danny Abaddi
Kendall Grove
Ed Herman
Rory Singer
Kalib Starnes

I'll go with Michael Bisping at LHW with Matt Hamill as my backup pick. At MW I'll go Er Herman with Rory Singer as my backup pick. In reality, those are the only guys I had heard of before the show (except Kendall Groves, I remember seeing one fight of his w/ Riggs).

What's everyone else got?

Anthony
05-20-2006, 05:33 AM
Bisping and Grove

manntis818
05-20-2006, 05:51 AM
i would say Bisping and Grove aslo but i think kalib has a good shot aslo but Bisping Has it all the way..

Anthony
05-20-2006, 06:59 AM
Shamrock did an interview before the show started and he said there was one guy in particular that could have dominated everyone if he just pushed himself. Im pretty sure he was talking about Kalib Starnes. Which makes me think that Kalib loses his semifinal fight.

Matt Boone
05-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Kalib is the guy who is supposed to be sick on the ground, right? Those guys are always favorites to win, because nerves seem to fuck with the good stand up fighters who join the show. They seem to never be able to get off like they're supposed to. Check the history from TUF1 and TUF2 of guys who were good strikers with a reputation going in, and look at how they did.

Anthony
05-21-2006, 04:54 AM
Bisping is going to stop that trend.

Submission Fighter
05-21-2006, 08:19 PM
I am actually a good friend of Bisping and I train with him. the show has ended and he came home. he told the final fights are him vs the deaf guy, herman vs. kendall. Bisping is really working hard on his wrestling and submission.

Alvin
05-21-2006, 08:40 PM
I am actually a good friend of Bisping and I train with him. the show has ended and he came home. he told the final fights are him vs the deaf guy, herman vs. kendall. Bisping is really working hard on his wrestling and submission.

Can't see Dana being happy if this is true!

Matt Boone
05-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Yeah if that's true, you prolly cost Bisping a couple million dollars just now lol.

But I doubt it is, it's probably just submission fighter's picks. Either way those finals for each weight classes seem dead on to me. It's my pick and my back up pick at LHW, and my pick and not my back up pick but the third person I mentioned at MW lol. So obviously I agree with sub fighter's picks.

killerinstinct
05-21-2006, 09:37 PM
For LHW i'll take Bisping with Josh Haynes as my back up pick.Hamill is a bit over rated and inexperienced.yeah his wrestling is good ,but look at him crying like a little baby b/c the other fighters were sparring to hard.He never complained when he was being to rough...the arrogant bastard.For MW i'll take Herman with Grove as my back up.Groves a bitch for making an alliance with the other team.It should be helping out your own team than everyman for himself.Sharing secrets about the fighters is shady and i hope he gets his fucking block knocked off in the show.

Matt Boone
05-21-2006, 09:39 PM
I love how they made a big deal out of Hamil complaining during sparring. That shouldn't be an indication of how his fights will be in my opinion. I doubt he stops trying for takedowns and goes off to his corner to cry if someone punches him. He'll just be more aggressive. Funny that he's Tito's boy though, because everyone knows Tito doesn't like getting hit, had problems with Chuck hitting him in training, and cried when he lost lol. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

killerinstinct
05-23-2006, 06:40 AM
Tito Ortiz and Matt Hamil are both cry baby bitches.

Kemo
05-29-2006, 02:22 AM
Tito Ortiz and Matt Hamil are both cry baby bitches.

I think you'd feel better if you stopped holding back and started telling us how you really feel.

Matt Boone
05-29-2006, 02:31 AM
Click here to take the Polack test.

...that got me for a second :(

killerinstinct
05-29-2006, 04:08 AM
fooled me to matt.

kdude87
05-29-2006, 04:29 AM
I say Mike Bisping and Kalib Starnes win TUF 3.

TCS
05-29-2006, 09:41 AM
gotta go with matt hamill and kaleb, your gonna be suprised at what matt is gonna be capable of. Imagine this way, your in a fight. There are no sounds to distract you. all you have to focus on is your opponent. Plus you just spent all those weeks in a house, with ppl who didnt really like you. gotta think hes gonna have some resentment, toward em. That leads to a lotta focus, all directed at someone who stands between you and a 6 figure contract. Far as kaleb goes, I think hes just the best fighter in his class on this season. plus hes got a experience factor. So im going with one who is a natural with a gift, and the other with experience.

Kemo
05-30-2006, 11:03 PM
I hope Matt yells "WOO!" the second he stands up from submitting the first guy he fights. There should be a "Will Matt Woo?" poll somewhere.

Golden_49ers
06-01-2006, 11:37 PM
matt will WOO ! today

Afro
06-02-2006, 04:00 AM
Kalib and Bisping

Afro
06-02-2006, 04:02 AM
Kalib is the guy who is supposed to be sick on the ground, right? Those guys are always favorites to win, because nerves seem to **** with the good stand up fighters who join the show. They seem to never be able to get off like they're supposed to. Check the history from TUF1 and TUF2 of guys who were good strikers with a reputation going in, and look at how they did.
Good Strikers like Griffin and Bonnar?

Hell I think Rashad Evans was a Wrestler but all we saw of him from the show was his striking.. its half/half I think.

LA Suxs
06-02-2006, 05:43 AM
actually if the reerence is to guys like Stines and Dvais it was mainly cuz those guys were nothing but striking. They had almost no ground work wat so ever

Matt Boone
06-02-2006, 05:52 AM
"Good Strikers like Griffin and Bonnar?"

My post you commented on is pretty old but from what I remember I was talking about guys who were considered strictly strikers. Griffin and Bonnar are not strictly strikers, they're well rounded fighters. The guys like Hamill in wrestling, etc. Where they come in and they're mainly one thing still.

LethalStriker
06-02-2006, 06:02 AM
If Hamill makes it to the finals I think he'll face Jesse Forbes in the next round. Jesse is a fairly inexperienced fighter just like Matt but his strength is wrestling which Matt would totally own him in.

Bisping vs. Hamill is the fight TUF3 has building towards all season and would definitely be the best fight ratings wise UFC could put on the Finale show.

Afro
06-02-2006, 08:50 PM
"Good Strikers like Griffin and Bonnar?"

My post you commented on is pretty old but from what I remember I was talking about guys who were considered strictly strikers. Griffin and Bonnar are not strictly strikers, they're well rounded fighters. The guys like Hamill in wrestling, etc. Where they come in and they're mainly one thing still.
ahh I see.

Afro
06-02-2006, 11:28 PM
The way I see it is, Ed is not the best on the show.. he just has people believing the hype that he is.. he'll lose.. to Kendall or Kalib.

Rory isnt that good, guy is sloppy and slow I think he'll lose as well

Kendall vs Kalib.. fair match. I think Kalib wins it but I wouldnt mind seeing Kendall win it either that guys real good as well, either way I see these 2 suceeding in the UFC.

As for LHW, Bisping by far.. he will face either Matt if he recovers or Jesse if he doesnt, I dont see Josh going to the finale either way Bisping wins the LHW I think hes a lock now with Matts injuries, Jesse being inexperienced, and Jesse being unimpressive all together.

Ortiz-Hughes_UFC KINGS07
06-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Kalib is the guy who is supposed to be sick on the ground, right? Those guys are always favorites to win, because nerves seem to fuck with the good stand up fighters who join the show. They seem to never be able to get off like they're supposed to. Check the history from TUF1 and TUF2 of guys who were good strikers with a reputation going in, and look at how they did.

Actually your wrong because bonnar and griffin had good stand up reps and their doinggreat. You can count leben too. two out of the three may not have won the show but they did get contracts.

Bisping with matt as a backup.
Kalib or kendall

Afro
06-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Actually your wrong because bonnar and griffin had good stand up reps and their doinggreat. You can count leben too. two out of the three may not have won the show but they did get contracts.

Bisping with matt as a backup.
Kalib or kendall
Ya I already asked him about that, read up ahead he responded to it

Good picks btw I got the same ones.

Kalib and Bisping!

mattsoper
06-04-2006, 10:07 PM
I like Kalib and bisping

Kalib's form surrey BC....I live there hooray

killerinstinct
06-09-2006, 05:36 AM
i thought you said the deaf guy makes it to the finals.last time i checked everyone left can hear fine.

killerinstinct
06-09-2006, 05:44 AM
bisping vs. josh-bisping winner
ed vs. kendall-ed winner

Matt Boone
06-09-2006, 10:16 PM
"I'll go with Michael Bisping at LHW with Matt Hamill as my backup pick. At MW I'll go Ed Herman with Rory Singer as my backup pick."
-Matt Boone, May 19, 2006.

I still keep my same picks, obviously. They're looking likely too!

Afro
06-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Bisping vs Jesse for me - Bisping winning

Ed vs Kendall - Kendall winning

Team Dagger will come out on top!