PDA

View Full Version : How good a wrestler is Kid Yamamoto?

valheruking
08-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Obviously i know hes a good wrestler as i've seen his fights, and i understand he wrestled in highschool and that his father was a wrestler as i seen some foootage of him in a K-1 video package, but with his ambitions to be a wrestler on an olympic level, i thought i'd ask some of you who have a better technical knowledge of wrestling, how would you rate his effectiveness as a wrestler in mma, and how do you see his skills translating to the olympic stage.

Palma
08-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Obviously i know hes a good wrestler as i've seen his fights, and i understand he wrestled in highschool and that his father was a wrestler as i seen some foootage of him in a K-1 video package, but with his ambitions to be a wrestler on an olympic level, i thought i'd ask some of you who have a better technical knowledge of wrestling, how would you rate his effectiveness as a wrestler in mma, and how do you see his skills translating to the olympic stage.

Great thread...

I had no idea that Kid wrestled here in the US. Three time AZ state champ in HS and placed 2nd as a freshman... That's pretty damn good if you ask me.

I thought he already wrestled on a World Team at one point. Anyways, I haven't seen him fight enough for a good opinion.

valheruking
08-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks, yeah its hard to gauge his pure wrestling ability from his performances but as you said he cant be bad with a solid background from his HS days at the very least.

nhenry87
09-05-2007, 03:45 AM
Kid is a good wrestler. Didn't he plan to compete in the 2008 olympics? In free style wrestling.

Gurry
09-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Kid is a good wrestler. Didn't he plan to compete in the 2008 olympics? In free style wrestling.

yeh but he got injured prior to tryouts i believe.

neonatural45
09-06-2007, 12:15 AM
I heard that his chances of making it were not the greatest:confusedsmilie:

Submissionist
09-06-2007, 02:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjtGKI4Q__U

Ramma
09-06-2007, 08:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjtGKI4Q__U
Nice, I'd rep you if I could.

deeznizzies
09-07-2007, 05:54 AM
i know kid's dad and sister are both medal winners in the olympics for wrestling... he's obviously got the potential or had the potential for that himself i think but from last i heard he's going back to mma... doesn't he fight this month too at heros?

neonatural45
09-07-2007, 02:15 PM
i know kid's dad and sister are both medal winners in the olympics for wrestling... he's obviously got the potential or had the potential for that himself i think but from last i heard he's going back to mma... doesn't he fight this month too at heros?

yah hes fighting a BJJ practitioner with a record of 1-1