PDA

View Full Version : Has any one tried Leukic/Leukidrol suppliments?

Frasedog
08-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Have any of you used either Leukic or Leukidrol suppliments? I'd like to hear some feedback if you have. I'm considering adding one of them to my suppliment routine. Thanks.

Clint
08-07-2007, 03:32 PM
In general Leukic is way more expensive than what it does. It's a really expensive form of leucine which is an amino acid that your body doesn't produce so it muct be ingested.

Major food sources of leucine include whole grains, milk products, eggs (~1 g/100g), pork, beef, chicken, pulses (such as soybeans (~3 g/100g), chick peas and lentils) and leaf vegetables.

Frasedog
08-07-2007, 04:05 PM
In general Leukic is way more expensive than what it does. It's a really expensive form of leucine which is an amino acid that your body doesn't produce so it muct be ingested.

Major food sources of leucine include whole grains, milk products, eggs (~1 g/100g), pork, beef, chicken, pulses (such as soybeans (~3 g/100g), chick peas and lentils) and leaf vegetables.
"LEUKIC sets off the anabolic signals that hormones such as testosterone and growth hormone normally activate without actually manipulating the hormones themselves. "

So all that is pretty much crap? Thanks for moving the thread by the way.

pillow
08-07-2007, 04:38 PM
"LEUKIC sets off the anabolic signals that hormones such as testosterone and growth hormone normally activate without actually manipulating the hormones themselves. "

Amino acids are often involved in up-regulating protein synthesis pathways (i.e. the fact that they're present in the blood can cause you to create protein which equals grow muscle). Which is what that company was trying to spin to you, so both of you are probably right.

And leucine is in a lot of stuff. So just have some protein and/or some EAA or BCAAs pre and post workout, it will be close to the same effect. Animal Pak M-stak (not suggesting, I just know about it because I'm on it right now) is very leucine heavy as well. I'm convinced a number of the "non-prohormone" products that claim prohormone results use leucine or a variety of it.

Clint
08-07-2007, 05:19 PM

As a general rule anything muscletech says is pretty much crap, or atleast an extreme exaggeration.