PDA

View Full Version : Forrest, Ouma, Marquez Brothers Win

Luis Cruz
08-06-2006, 05:59 AM
The Marquez brothers dominated tonight on Showtime. Ouma won a clear cut decision over Powell and Forrest won a "controversial" decision. I'm just going to comment on the last fight. I had the fight 85-85 going into the final round and then gave Forrest the 10th making it 95-94 for Forrest even though HBO commentators swore Quarty was clearly ahead. I kept telling my g/f "they don't know what they're talking about". And the scores agreed with me, 2 judges had it 95-94 and thelast judge 96-93 all for Forrest. The only person not shocked i think was me. The crowd chanted bullshit while the commentators acted in shock and took shots at the judges. I think i should be sitting at ringside! :wavesmile: Another funny note was the ref (Mercante) MAKING Forrest touch gloves in the beginning. He actually chased him back to his corner and made him comeback and touch gloves "because he said so". Then told him in a yelling manner "Don't start Forrest, don't start!" lol What a dork, talking to him like he's his father. I didn't know touching gloves was mandatory before a fight? Save that shit for the end, then give all the respect to your opponent, don't force it if they don't want to. Anyways, all good fights tonight.

Afro
08-06-2006, 06:53 AM
god damn that what was on? how the hell did I manage to miss it when I have showtime and clearly saw boxing =/

Luis Cruz
08-06-2006, 07:11 AM
god damn that what was on? how the hell did I manage to miss it when I have showtime and clearly saw boxing =/

the brothers were on showtime, forrest/ike and ouma powell were on hbo. you missed some good stuff.

Afro
08-06-2006, 07:49 AM
It repeated, so I caught the last marquez bro fight.. that was a good one