PDA

View Full Version : Tapout:Bust or Go?

baj54
08-09-2007, 10:44 AM
So what is everyones opinion on the show?They have had a few shows already and to say the least im not that impressed.Does anyone notice that when they sponser a fighter and go to their event, that they have really crappy seats?It always seems to me that their sitting in the nosebleed section at the events!You would figure that the founders of the biggest mma merchandise chain could get better seats then the nosebleed section!It also seems that alot of the big name fighters dont really want to be bothered by these guys.Hughes and Penn both seemed to kinda shrug them off when their on the show.Opinions anyone?

2mcgrath
08-09-2007, 03:43 PM
i like the show myself.i also like the concept of the show sometimes has pretty good fights.i also like getting to see the different camps they visit.and i havent really paid any attention as to where they sit at the shows.i havent noticed the bigger name fighters trying to shrug them off.bj took them swimming.and hughes and punkass were playing around.looked to me that the big name fighters treated them pretty well so far

Ramma
08-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Everything about the show is great, except for the TapOut guys.. they are beyond annoying.. especially the two that dress like idiots.. and for that reason.. I can't watch it..

Whenever I hear about someone like Liddell or Hughes being on it, I tune in for their section and turn it off. Good concept, bad people.

matto
08-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Everything about the show is great, except for the TapOut guys.. they are beyond annoying.. especially the two that dress like idiots.. and for that reason.. I can't watch it..

Whenever I hear about someone like Liddell or Hughes being on it, I tune in for their section and turn it off. Good concept, bad people.

agree with most that has been said. love how they visit various top camps and graet fighters. the fights are usually great too. i thought that they had really good seats and dont see y they would be bad, they sit where fighters in the ufc would sit if they were visiting a ufc event. my only problem is the 2 hosts, mask and skyscrape. they are funny at some times but are just annoying and too carzy and loud at certain points.

mxskatap
08-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Sooo does anyone know why Mask and Skyscrape are such fucking goofballs??? Punkass seems like the only level headed one of the bunch.....Mask is SUCH a freakshow...the show itself is cool, its just the ass clowns that make it stupid...

matto
08-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Sooo does anyone know why Mask and Skyscrape are such fucking goofballs??? Punkass seems like the only level headed one of the bunch.....Mask is SUCH a freakshow...the show itself is cool, its just the ass clowns that make it stupid...

yes i agree, punkass seem cool, stright to the point, serious, and has good knowledge. while mask and skyscrape remind me of collage kids at a party trashed as fuck or collage guys at a game drunk as fuck. always see mask hitting the liquor stright up. cannot stand the constand yelling and weird noises. but the show is great and they arent going to stop me from watching it.

2mcgrath
08-09-2007, 07:38 PM
lets just hope they dont ever make mask ringtones.i dont think i could stand that lol

matto
08-09-2007, 08:29 PM
lets just hope they dont ever make mask ringtones.i dont think i could stand that lol

he is an interesting guy to say the least.

twankydawg
08-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Well, I'm going to break from the norm here and say I like it. The guys are pretty kool the more I learn about them and the fight is pretty good at the end. I also like it because it gives more exposure to the sport, gives us an inside look at some of the top camps around, and we get to see some guys that could potentially be the next monster. They may be a little wierd but the Tapout guys are probably just being themselves so at least they are keeping it real. There attire and appearance is comical at times but that's why they standout. They have probably always been over the top and if they change that, I think they would look like a bunch of phoneys and sellouts to the fighters and people that knew them before the show.

These guys are doing some great things sponsoring these up and coming fighters cause that gives them a shot to try to make it big in this sport. I'm sure we've missed out on some extraordinary fighters that could've been great but had to work so they quit fighting, if they had some support like this, they may have been able to make it. The way I see it, these guys are stepping up big time and I give them mad respect for that.

kaindakiller
08-24-2007, 01:48 AM
i really enjoy the fights but i just wish those guys wouldn't talk.maybe if the crew from ninja warrior dubbed them it would be okay.

Bullock
08-24-2007, 01:49 AM
I like the show a lot. The Tapout guys do a lot for the sport. I would write more, but twankydawg summed it up perfectly.

kaindakiller
08-24-2007, 01:50 AM
oh yeah 1 more thing,mask needs to wipe that bird shit off of his right arm.it's been on there for like the past 4 episodes.that bugs the shit out of me!

2mcgrath
08-24-2007, 02:36 AM
oh yeah 1 more thing,mask needs to wipe that bird shit off of his right arm.it's been on there for like the past 4 episodes.that bugs the shit out of me!

huh?:confusedsmilie:

Bullock
08-24-2007, 02:40 AM

It's a birthmark. And yeah, I would have gotten it removed a long time ago.

scottsec
08-24-2007, 04:02 AM

Exactly...

ddoggma
08-24-2007, 05:34 AM
I can't watch em either. The clown suits are too much for me.I think if they wernt so goofy looking, I could watch it some. But no. And I did try.:blink:

twankydawg
08-24-2007, 05:52 AM
Well man, as I said before:

They may be a little wierd but the Tapout guys are probably just being themselves so at least they are keeping it real. There attire and appearance is comical at times but that's why they standout. They have probably always been over the top and if they change that, I think they would look like a bunch of phoneys and sellouts to the fighters and people that knew them before the show.

These guys are who they are and they are doing some great things, at least they got the fuckin balls to be themselves, that's more than I can say for alot of people in this world. If they changed who they were I'd lose respect for them. I have mad respect for what they do for the sport, they could walk around looking like fuckin Bozo the clown for all I fuckin care, they'd still get much respect from me.

matto
08-24-2007, 11:43 AM

yes i dont know why he hasnt got that removed yeat. those are easily removed. might leave a scar but def better looking then that. a little scar doesnt look bad at all. clowns are great, and i love the idea of mask looking like bozo the clown, rather then how he looks now. the start of the show he looks sweet with that hat and looks just like raiden from the early mortal kombat with that video style.

ewokmyweewok
08-24-2007, 03:53 PM
the tapout guys ruin the show imo

pa99fighter
08-24-2007, 05:49 PM
So what is everyones opinion on the show?They have had a few shows already and to say the least im not that impressed.Does anyone notice that when they sponser a fighter and go to their event, that they have really crappy seats?It always seems to me that their sitting in the nosebleed section at the events!You would figure that the founders of the biggest mma merchandise chain could get better seats then the nosebleed section!It also seems that alot of the big name fighters dont really want to be bothered by these guys.Hughes and Penn both seemed to kinda shrug them off when their on the show.Opinions anyone?
I really like the show. almost everything about it. I just cant stand the guy with the afro:afro: lol

twankydawg
08-24-2007, 05:57 PM
I really like the show. almost everything about it. I just cant stand the guy with the afro:afro: lol

You got a problem with people who have afro's? :angrrry:

bigmike77
08-24-2007, 09:41 PM
I did not really like the show at first but it kind of grew on me, but Mask and Skyscrape kinda make me wonder how they ever started they're own company, hell they can't even drive.

kaisq11
08-24-2007, 10:55 PM
the show is pretty good

pa99fighter
08-26-2007, 07:19 AM
nope just annoying guys who ruin shows with them lol stupid guy with his stupid afro:afro:

prison coleslaw
08-26-2007, 08:46 AM
To be honest, i think the show is almost completly un-watchable. Those three guys have about Zero personality and have to act like idiots to get attention. I flip back and forth to watch it when it is on. I wish they focused more on the fighters and the fights because they have a great concept.

theres a lesson to be learned from the tap out guys tho. Ambition will take you farther than smarts ever will. I mean that as a compliment.

markzabin
08-31-2007, 12:56 PM
The Tapout guys are a buncha clowns. It kinda feels as though everyone doesn't want to talk to them and they try to make themselves out to be business men when really they just act childish. Guys wearing makeup? Come on, and the intro cartoon? Are they super heroes or something? I really have to stop and think how these people came into running a business. Maybe they appeal to teens but anyone else?

I think that a lot of the bigger name fighters were friendly to them because they were sponsored back in the day when they didn't make as much and they feel a certain loyalty to them.

On the bright side of the show, it does show fights most people would otherwise not have seen so newer fighters get some spotlight.

I was looking to buy some mma apparel and their show really turned me away from anything tapout related, I wouldn't want myself to be associated with the clown posse.

If your looking for a new mma show, check out WEC on versus.

TheWrestlingChamber
09-06-2007, 07:01 AM
I like the show but i could see why people dont like it i guess its just a matter of your taste.

Severn
09-06-2007, 06:37 PM

Jim Kelly would not be pleased if he does.

jedibaker
09-06-2007, 11:42 PM
At first I didn't like the Tapout guys. They seemed really immature and foul. But, as the show goes on and you get to "know" them, I have to say that they seem like regular guys who are trying to sell a product and have fun doing it. I like how they take guys under their wings, take care of them, and seem to generally care about them. I don't have any Tapout gear yet, so I can't wait to make my first purchase.

evilkane165
09-07-2007, 05:11 AM
It's good to tune in for the last 10-15 minutes to watch the fights . I can't watch the whole show though.

the dazzle
09-07-2007, 05:20 AM
i hate sky scrape! but the other two are pretty cool. so far i have enjoyed watching the show. those guys seem to really care about the guys they sponsor.

THEicus
09-08-2007, 07:28 AM
While the show does have a bit too much filler (how about that farm photo shoot in Wisconsin?), I find the gym/workout shots and background interviews with the fighters to be much more informative than what we get from TUF or the other UFC clip shows on spike.

It would be nice to get a little more commentary on the fights than just the three amigos repeatedly shouting the name of a fighter...the Sunshine ep made me weirdly uncomfortable...