PDA

View Full Version : Al Bundy trains bjj?

kaisq11
08-10-2007, 04:54 AM
from his wikipedia http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_O%27Neill

O'Neill is married to actress Catherine Rusoff. In 1989, the couple separated but reconciled in 1993. He has been a practitioner of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for over nine years under the mentorship of Rorion Gracie[1].

pretty interesting

Punk Ass
08-10-2007, 04:57 AM
yeh, I heared that some time ago. He was inspired by Royce Gracie.

2mcgrath
08-10-2007, 04:58 AM
i just cant picture al training bjj,funny.wiki is most of the time not a very secure place for info.but could be true who knows for sure

Noob
08-10-2007, 05:05 AM
Yeah, I saw him on some show. He actually takes (or took) lessons from one of the Gracie schools.

They had him share a story about how he had to put someone down or something. It was kind of stupid. I don't care if he trains with the Gracie family or not, I just can't picture being subbed by Bundy.

Noob
08-10-2007, 08:17 AM
lol. good thread.

What he get banned for?

I actually just looked that up, and I don't think he's really banned. He's not on the list of banned users. I think he just put that on as a customer user title.

willieshatner
08-10-2007, 04:56 PM
strange but true.

if you've ever read the book "The Gracie Way," there is a picture of Bundy (he'll always be Al Bundy to me) dorking around with none other than Helio Gracie at Helio's 90th birthday party

thumper
08-10-2007, 05:14 PM
It really doesn't surprise me.

Al was always kind of gooey, but you could tell by his build he was an athlete at some point. (wait, 4 touchdowns in one game.. no shit!).

But yeah, I couldn't picture him subbing me haha. Rampage thinks other fighters stink, shit he'd be much worse

pillow
08-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Maynard James Keenan (lead singer of Tool) does too, with Rickson

matto
08-10-2007, 07:00 PM
yes bjj is great.

Omoplata
08-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Ed O'Neil was actually interviewed in that old ESPN "Outside the Lines" show on MMA where they were talking about Helio Gracie. He was training with Helio. I know it was on youtube but I cant seem to find it.

Noob
08-11-2007, 01:07 AM
It really doesn't surprise me.

Al was always kind of gooey, but you could tell by his build he was an athlete at some point. (wait, 4 touchdowns in one game.. no shit!).

But yeah, I couldn't picture him subbing me haha. Rampage thinks other fighters stink, shit he'd be much worse

Lol, 4 touchdowns in one game. Nice.

KENO5366
08-11-2007, 03:29 AM
Polk high :grinsmile1:

Steel
08-11-2007, 04:45 PM
"Peg...if you don't shut your trap, I'm gonna lock up with ya, take ya down and tap you out"

Awesome. I had no idea. Repd.

chuckbyko
08-11-2007, 08:46 PM
hey guys new to the site. thats funny about bundy.question do you guys think bjj would work in a street fight?was thinking about joing a gym but I just dont think it would be good to roll in the middle of a bar lol let me know what u guys think!!!!!!

toughguy69
08-11-2007, 08:50 PM
i would prob try muay thai if u think your going to fight in bars.Getting kicked in the head by his friends prob wont feel to good

Noob
08-11-2007, 09:01 PM
hey guys new to the site. thats funny about bundy.question do you guys think bjj would work in a street fight?was thinking about joing a gym but I just dont think it would be good to roll in the middle of a bar lol let me know what u guys think!!!!!!

Sure, of course it would work in a street fight. It's not a perfect art form, and there are limitations obviously, though imo it's a lot more effective than a number of other arts, like Taekwondo, most styles of Kung-Fu, and really sadly a majority of the traditional arts that you find taught anymore.

I would say that it couldn't hurt to have some striking added in there too, but personally I feel that BJJ is one of the most effective styles for real-world application.

Obviously, you wouldn't want to take a fight to the ground against 5 guys. But then again, you woudn't really want to box 5 guys either. The reality is that there is no great equalizer when it comes to multiple attackers.

Plus, and this is my personal opinion, ground fighting is on average more effective against an untrained assailant. There is always the 'puncher's chance' that someone can catch you just right and knock you out no matter how good you are on your feet. But there is no 'grappler's chance.' If you are good at BJJ, the odds are a lot more slim that someone is going to be able to overcome your skill set. Just my personal opinion.

And there are other factors. Training with the gi, being accustomed to getting hit on the ground, etc. Like I said, no one style is perfect, but if you are concerned about real-world application then BJJ is a good starting point.

Legend
08-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Plus, and this is my personal opinion, ground fighting is on average more effective against an untrained assailant. There is always the 'puncher's chance' that someone can catch you just right and knock you out no matter how good you are on your feet. But there is no 'grappler's chance.' If you are good at BJJ, the odds are a lot more slim that someone is going to be able to overcome your skill set. Just my personal opinion.

Agreed. I have always considered BJJ the most effective form of fighting due to the fact that you average guy has no knowledge of ground fighting. I mean even if you run into a guy who has some wrestling experience he is still not use to defending submissions.

Noob
08-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Agreed. I have always considered BJJ the most effective form of fighting due to the fact that you average guy has no knowledge of ground fighting. I mean even if you run into a guy who has some wrestling experience he is still not use to defending submissions.
Definitely. I always think about some quote, I think from one of the Gracies a long time ago. He said something like "On the feet, things are more equal. Everyone always has a chance to win, has some ability. But on the ground, I am a shark and most people barely know how to swim."

I love that quote, and it's true. Just like you said, even if they have some wrestling experience, it's damned hard to wrestle with broken limbs or a lack of consciousness.

I also think it's easier to finish a guy off. Knockouts are difficult to get unless you are very skilled or have good power. Even then, they're rarely clean KO's. But a submission is ideally quick, clean, sure, and not something someone can recover from quick enough for it to matter. Especially if you combine strikes and submissions together on the ground.

Edit: Found the quote:

"When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim."

Alternately ascribed to RCJ or JJ Machado

JPeezy
08-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Did you guys know he was actually a football player and on the Pittsburgh Steelers for a short period of time. He got kicked off the team / cut in tarinng cam for starting a fight, and sucking at football or course...

bradlee180
08-11-2007, 11:51 PM
I agree with chuckbyco and toughguy69.
I think it would be foolish to intentionally take somebody to the ground in a street-fight. 99.9% of street-fights happen where there are groups of people, and if you deliberately take somebody to the ground, other folks will probably start kicking you in the head!

Strikes are best in a street-fight: kicks, knees, punches, elbows, eye-gouges, headbutts, better yet a bottle or a brick. Most likely you won’t know what nearby-guys are his pals, whether they’ll attack, whether they’ll have weapons. Strikes are best in a street-fight even against multiple attackers, AVOID going to the ground unless you want to get kicked in the head by all his pals.

One should practice ground skills though because of the chaotic nature of fighting where you may wind up on the ground, but the ground is NOT a place you want to be in a street-fight. Unless there's absolutely nobody else around except you and the other guy, that's the only time to ever intentionally take somebody to the ground in a street-fight because then your submission skills give you the advantage.

Ramma
08-12-2007, 05:05 AM
Ed O'Neil, a student of the Gracies, that is nuts

Jon-E-Law
08-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Definitely. I always think about some quote, I think from one of the Gracies a long time ago. He said something like "On the feet, things are more equal. Everyone always has a chance to win, has some ability. But on the ground, I am a shark and most people barely know how to swim."

I love that quote, and it's true. Just like you said, even if they have some wrestling experience, it's damned hard to wrestle with broken limbs or a lack of consciousness.

I also think it's easier to finish a guy off. Knockouts are difficult to get unless you are very skilled or have good power. Even then, they're rarely clean KO's. But a submission is ideally quick, clean, sure, and not something someone can recover from quick enough for it to matter. Especially if you combine strikes and submissions together on the ground.
heres the deal noob no matter what i wouldnt wrestle some guy i dont know in the street i would poke ur eyes out and bite ur balls if i had to and then my friend would kick u in the face in the street ground is no good fall down stand right back up i dont care what it takes bad things happen down there

Edit: Found the quote:

"When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim."

Alternately ascribed to RCJ or JJ Machado
heres the deal noob no matter what i wouldnt wrestle some guy i dont know in the street i would poke ur eyes out and bite ur balls if i had to and then my friend would kick u in the face in the street ground is no good fall down stand right back up i dont care what it takes bad things happen down there

Noob
08-13-2007, 11:03 PM
heres the deal noob no matter what i wouldnt wrestle some guy i dont know in the street

Well, now that I know you are against the idea of taking someone to the ground in a street fight, please enlighten me as to what you would do.

i would poke ur eyes out and bite ur balls if i had to and then my friend would kick u in the face in the street.

Lol, well not all of us have a friend following us around at all times for personal protection.

And as wonderful as your eye-poke and ball-biting method may work, I think I'll stick to Jiu-jitsu for the time being, though I appreciate the recommendation.

ground is no good fall down stand right back up i dont care what it takes bad things happen down there

Lol, 'ground is no good' huh? Go jump one of the Machados and tell me that.

Bad things happen, it's just that they normally happen to the guy with no ground game. And in all seriousness, of course I recognize the inherent danger in fighting someone on the ground. It would be a stupid idea if you're fighting a group of people, and even stupider if you pull guard and wait all day for a sweep.

I'm assuming that if you're smart enough to dress yourself every morning then you're smart enough to not be a moron about ground-fighting in street situations. Maybe that's assuming too much.

speranman
08-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Steve Irwin trained with Greg Jackson...

http://jacksons.tv/mma/index.php?blog=24

Steve Irwin
Height:
Weight:

Steve Irwin has been a member of team Jackson since 2004. He lives and trains out of Beerwah a town in Queensland Australia and trains with Danny Higgins and Kyle Noke. Greg Jackson also travels to Australia and trains with him, both in the United States and in Australia.

Stephen Robert Irwin was born to Lyn and Bob Irwin in Victoria in February 1962. Bob Irwin was a keen enthusiast of reptiles and moved his family to Queensland in 1970 to start a small reptile park at Beerwah on the Sunshine Coast. Australia Zoo became a true family business, flourishing until 1991 when Bob & Lyn retired, turning over management to their son, Steve.

Living in the Zoo, Steve grew up with animals of all kinds, taking part in the animals daily feeding, care and maintenance. His 6th birthday present was what he had always wanted his very own scrub python! It was 3.6m (12ft) long and while most other children were opening cans of pet food for their cats or dogs, Steve was out catching fish and hunting rodents to feed to his crocodiles and snakes.

Bob taught the young Steve everything there was to know about reptiles even teaching his nine-year-old how to jump in and catch crocodiles in the rivers of North Queensland at night. This father and son's proud boast is that every crocodile in their Zoo (the numbering some 100 animals) was either caught by their bare hands or bred and raised in their Zoo.

As he grew older Steve followed in his father's footsteps and volunteered his services to the Queensland Governments East Coast Crocodile Management program which saw him spend years living on his own in the mosquito infested creeks, rivers and mangroves of North Queensland catching huge crocodiles single-handed. His record of successful catches is still staggering to this day.

Since 1991, Australia Zoo has flourished and expanded under Steve's guidance. In 1990 a chance reunion with his friend, television producer John Stainton, filming in the Zoo for a TV commercial, gave Steve the opportunity to show his diverse animal talents to the world when they both took a punt and make the first documentary, "The Crocodile Hunter" in 1992.

The tremendous success of this one program quickly encouraged the making of more and so over the next 3 years, 10 one hour episodes were made and on television screens all over the world. Steve has now filmed over 70 episodes of "The Crocodile Hunter", 53 episodes of "Croc Files", 43 episodes of "Croc Diaries" and his next television series is called "The New Breed Vets" for release in 2005.

Steve has the greatest respect and understanding for all animals something that has been instilled into him by his family for all of his life and he's proud to share his passion with everyone who visits his Zoo and with his five hundred million viewers world-wide.

In June 1992, Steve married Terri Raines from Oregon USA. They had met a few months earlier when Terri visited the Zoo whilst on holidays in Australia. They now spend their lives together educating people everywhere to care for all of our world's wildlife.

Special thanks to the crocodile hunter web site for Steve's Biography

www.crocodilehunter.com

Noob
08-14-2007, 12:11 AM
No offense, but that had very little to do with this thread.

For something as off-topic as that, it's better to create another thread.

Legend
08-14-2007, 12:22 AM
No offense, but that had very little to do with this thread.

For something as off-topic as that, it's better to create another thread.

I disagree. Speranman is simply pointing out that MMA is useless against stingrays.

Noob
08-14-2007, 12:26 AM
I disagree. Speranman is simply pointing out that MMA is useless against stingrays.

Lolol.

Fuck, well there goes my entire weekend.

Jon-E-Law
08-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Well, now that I know you are against the idea of taking someone to the ground in a street fight, please enlighten me as to what you would do.

Lol, well not all of us have a friend following us around at all times for personal protection.

And as wonderful as your eye-poke and ball-biting method may work, I think I'll stick to Jiu-jitsu for the time being, though I appreciate the recommendation.

look at what happend at the last tuff the kid went for a armbar and got his head split open. And it has nothing to do with a crew of friends following me around. what about his friends think they will let u sub his boy?Originally this about fighting at the bar!!!!! So even still if you think bjj is that great and you have a defense for eye pokes, and biting,and testical swipes, please enlighten me on how you can get around that. bjj is for fights with rules and tournament purposes only

Lol, 'ground is no good' huh? Go jump one of the Machados and tell me that.

Bad things happen, it's just that they normally happen to the guy with no ground game. And in all seriousness, of course I recognize the inherent danger in fighting someone on the ground. It would be a stupid idea if you're fighting a group of people, and even stupider if you pull guard and wait all day for a sweep.

I'm assuming that if you're smart enough to dress yourself every morning then you're smart enough to not be a moron about ground-fighting in street situations. Maybe that's assuming too much.
look at what happend at the last tuff the kid went for a armbar and got his head split open. And it has nothing to do with a crew of friends following me around. what about his friends think they will let u sub his boy?Originally this about fighting at the bar!!!!! So even still if you think bjj is that great and you have a defense for eye pokes, and biting,and testical swipes, please enlighten me on how you can get around that. bjj is for fights with rules and tournament purposes only.And if im smart enough to dress my self in the morning lol . get real have u even ever been in a fight before? im gonna say no by the way you speak so uneducated about it.

Noob
08-14-2007, 08:52 PM
look at what happend at the last tuff the kid went for a armbar and got his head split open.

You mean the TUF kid who went for an armbar while on his back on concrete? Jiu-Jitsu or not, that was just stupid. But it doesn't prove your point at all.

So even still if you think bjj is that great and you have a defense for eye pokes, and biting,and testical swipes, please enlighten me on how you can get around that.

Lol. It's adorable that you've concocted your own little fighting system that encompasses testicles and eye-gouges. Of course things like that are effective, they work and there is no disputing that. They are great additions to an already established skill-set, and even though they go a long way, they don't make you a good fighter by itself.

However, your 'liguid' courage-fueled attempts to 'swipe' at someone's testicles are not a replacement for actual training. Fighting dirty can give you an edge, but it only goes so far.

Your ball swipes vs. a blackbelt isn't much of a contest. Unless you have a comparable skill level it's going to be damned hard for you to grab his balls with a broken arm.

bjj is for fights with rules and tournament purposes only.
I disagree.

have u even ever been in a fight before? im gonna say no by the way you speak so uneducated about it.

Lol, that's cute. Yes, I have been in my fair share of fights.

Have you ever had any formal training in any form of grappling worth speaking of? I'm gonna say 'no' because of the way you 'speak so uneducated about it.'

LethalStriker
08-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Ed is a brown belt in BJJ, and I think he trains mostly at Rorion's school.

Jon-E-Law
08-14-2007, 09:57 PM
You mean the TUF kid who went for an armbar while on his back on concrete? Jiu-Jitsu or not, that was just stupid. But it doesn't prove your point at all.

Really that wasnt good enough for you he didnt try to sub him while being in a street fight. who left bloody??// exactly my point.Who got beat up? uh huh and who did nothing but tried to use jj in a street fight, right. look bjj is not an art you would use in a street fight period. Maybe to get back on your feet but thats about it!!!!

Notable huh,do you think that a certificate from a gym means they are notable all that means is they paid gracie to use there name.And as for me Iv been training bjj, muay thai, wrestling,jkd,and western boxing for 7 years. taken personal lessons from gideaon ray, shonie carter, and stephon bonner. Is that notable enough for you??? Look anyone who reads knows you dont know what your talking about. Give it up you get in a street fight with anyone whos not a pussy and pull some bjj your gonna get hurt concrete, polls,everything but a padded floor.

Also you think biting,scratching,head butts fingers in orfaces is dirty then you best stay in the house cause you will be severly hurt in a street fight. People dont care about you the law rules or what happens to you when they are done wake up smell the coffee this is the new age bjj is for tournaments only!!!!!!!!!

Noob
08-14-2007, 10:05 PM

Really that wasnt good enough for you he didnt try to sub him while being in a street fight. who left bloody??// exactly my point.Who got beat up? uh huh and who did nothing but tried to use jj in a street fight, right. look bjj is not an art you would use in a street fight period. Maybe to get back on your feet but thats about it!!!!

Fine. Difference of opinion. I'm done arguing with you after this.

I disagree, and we'll leave it at that. So far you have shown yourself to be little more than a troll and I think that speaks more about you that your faux fighting expertise.

Notable huh,do you think that a certificate from a gym means they are notable all that means is they paid gracie to use there name.And as for me Iv been training bjj, muay thai, wrestling,jkd,and western boxing for 7 years. taken personal lessons from gideaon ray, shonie carter, and stephon bonner. Is that notable enough for you???

Lol, maybe you should change your name to Mr. International then. You are way too 'notable' for me.

So, if a certificate from a gym means only that 'they paid Gracie to use there name' how does paying Gideon Ray, Shonie Carter, and Stephan Bonner make you any different? What are you doing but using their names? By your logic you are no different than someone who pays for their certificate. Nice logic buddy.

Also you think biting,scratching,head butts fingers in orfaces is dirty then you best stay in the house cause you will be severly hurt in a street fight. People dont care about you the law rules or what happens to you when they are done wake up smell the coffee this is the new age bjj is for tournaments only!!!!!!!!!

Lol, preach on big daddy. Show this sheltered child the ways of the world! Share your wisdom, and relieve me from my painful ignorance.

Lol, 'the new age'? You planning on starting a political movement after your bar fighting days are over? With grammar like that I suggest you don't go running for office anytime soon.

Give it up you get in a street fight with anyone whos not a pussy and pull some bjj your gonna get hurt concrete, polls,everything but a padded floor.

Lol, that's mighty big talk there chief. Especially considering you know nothing about me, though your concern is touching. If I didn't know better I would think you were flirting with me little boy.

Look anyone who reads knows you dont know what your talking about.

Haha, that one was genuinely funny. If it was so obvious that I didn't know what I was talking about, why would you spend so much time trying to prove me wrong?

Go back underneath your bridge, troll.

Jon-E-Law
08-14-2007, 10:21 PM
although some of your responses didnt make sense im gonna let this one go.calling me a troll is pretty presumtious dont you think im having a debate with you.are you offended?agreed to disagree its done

Noob
08-14-2007, 10:26 PM
although some of your responses didnt make sense

Over your head, perhaps?

calling me a troll is pretty presumtious dont you think
No more so than you telling me that I didn't know what I was talking about.

im having a debate with you.are you offended?agreed to disagree its done

You are unable to debate without being patronizing and offensive, and as such you can expect the same treatment in return. In a way you are lucky, I am one of the more relaxed mods. If you had directed such posts at a couple of the other mods you would already have been banned.

im gonna let this one go.

Probably for the best.

bradlee180
08-14-2007, 10:49 PM
I agree with Liquidmoney.
"..fighting dirty..-Noob"
I don't understand that kind of thinking, noob. There's no rules in the street; it's survival, law of the jungle...NOT fictitious man-made concepts like fighting dirty or fairness.

I stated one should HAVE ground-skills just in case the street-fight goes to the ground, but you should NEVER INTENTIONALLY take somebody to the ground in a street-fight because other folks will probably start kicking you in the head! These are valid points from liquidmoney and myself, noob, backed up with reasons, and you are responding with insults and condescending posts because we don't agree with you.

Noob, if you get into a self-defense situation, it's your choice if you decide to try to take somebody to the ground or not. Liquidmoney and myself and many others would think it's a bad idea; loyal BJJ guys often think it's a good idea. Cross-training is the real answer for street self-defense with the focus on stand-up strikes. BJJ works great one-on-one, but on the street, it's often NOT one-on-one. Like I said: you should train Jiu-Jitsu because it's extremely valuable, but I would never INTENTIONALLY take a guy to the ground in a street-fight because I don't want to get kicked in the head by all his buddies.

I don't think liquidmoney came off as a troll. These are valid points raised.

Noob
08-14-2007, 11:00 PM
I agree with Liquidmoney.
"..fighting dirty..-Noob"
I don't understand that kind of thinking, noob. There's no rules in the street; it's survival, law of the jungle...NOT fictitious man-made concepts like fighting dirty or fairness.

I stated one should HAVE ground-skills just in case the street-fight goes to the ground, but you should NEVER INTENTIONALLY take somebody to the ground in a street-fight because other folks will probably start kicking you in the head! These are valid points from liquidmoney and myself, noob, backed up with reasons, and you are responding with insults and condescending posts because we don't agree with you.

Noob, if you get into a self-defense situation, it's your choice if you decide to try to take somebody to the ground or not. Liquidmoney and myself and many others would think it's a bad idea; loyal BJJ guys often think it's a good idea. Cross-training is the real answer for street self-defense with the focus on stand-up strikes. BJJ works great one-on-one, but on the street, it's often NOT one-on-one. Like I said: you should train Jiu-Jitsu because it's extremely valuable, but I would never INTENTIONALLY take a guy to the ground in a street-fight because I don't want to get kicked in the head by all his buddies.

I don't think liquidmoney came off as a troll. These are valid points raised.

Normally I would make a much more concerted effort to respond, but I'm tired of this debate.

Yes, I realize that taking someone down has its disadvantages. It's not something that you would want to do against 5 guys, that's just stupid and I recognize as much.

Also, obviously JJ is not the end-all be-all of self-defense. It's a great art and has a lot to offer despite being complete. I don't pretend that you can take 3 weeks of JJ and be unbeatable, that's foolish.

On the other hand, I don't think you can generalize and say that ground-fighting in street situations is a uniformly bad idea. It has its strong points and weak points. There are times when it would be very effective. It would be just as stupid to say "you should always take someone down" as it would be to say "you should never take someone down."

Neither statement is completely true.

And as far as fighting dirty, I'm all for it. I am not above kicking someone in the balls, and would unquestionably apply it for my own well-being. But I maintain that a few dirty tactics are not a replacement for actual training, ground or otherwise.

These are valid points from liquidmoney and myself, noob, backed up with reasons, and you are responding with insults and condescending posts because we don't agree with you.
Liguidmoney raised some good points, but he raised them patronizingly and so was responded to in kind.

I challenge you to ever find a situation in my entire time at this site where I have responded to someone rudely out of turn or without provocation. I have absolutely no problem if someone disagrees with me, but I do ask that they maintain a minimum of respect, and that applies for everyone on this site, not just toward me.

And for the record, it wasn't 'we' that disagreed with me, it was Liguidmoney. You came in late to the party and are beating a dead horse.

Clint
08-14-2007, 11:06 PM
I agree with Noob that there are plenty of situations where the ground is your friend. If you are fighting multiple people, you need to just run nothing will help you there but if it is one on one, through BJJ you can have the dominant position which makes it harder for your opponent to do anything (including fighting dirty) while you can control the situation with whatever force you want.

Obviously like he has said if you are fighting multiple people, then this isn't a good choice. In that situation a combo of Muay Thai and Greco( or Judo) will be your best bet because you are going to end up clinched eventually.

bradlee180
08-14-2007, 11:18 PM
"You came in late to the party and are beating a dead horse.-noob"

My first post on this subject is #21, liquidmoney's post is #23.

Noob
08-14-2007, 11:22 PM
"You came in late to the party and are beating a dead horse.-noob"

My first post on this subject is #21, liquidmoney's post is #23.

Your post was 3 days ago. I'd say you were a little more than fashionably late.

Liguidmoney and I have been going back and forth for a day now, and we came to the end of our debate. You arrived afterward and restarted a finished thread by calling me out. I'd say you are beating a dead horse, or you specifically called me out. Either way I'm sure you have more constructive things to do with your time.

Please learn how to properly quote.

bradlee180
08-14-2007, 11:34 PM
I haven't been posting because liquidmoney was making the same points I would make. What am I going to do: re-iterate what he said right after him?

Look at Liquidmoney's first post:#23. There's nothing condescending there, the condescending patronizing talk began with you and your disrespectful first post to him. Reread your response to #23.

Now you're making condescending posts at me. Look at my posts, where was I condescending or disrespectful? I respectfully disagreed with you and backed up my arguments with reason, and your responses are condescending, patronizing, and disrespectful simply because I don't agree with you.

Noob
08-14-2007, 11:51 PM
I haven't been posting because liquidmoney was making the same points I would make. What am I going to do: re-iterate what he said right after him?

Look at Liquidmoney's first post:#23. There's nothing condescending there, the condescending patronizing talk began with you and your disrespectful first post to him. Reread your response to #23.

Now you're making condescending posts at me. Look at my posts, where was I condescending or disrespectful? I respectfully disagreed with you and backed up my arguments with reason, and your responses are condescending, patronizing, and disrespectful simply because I don't agree with you.

I am going to refrain from dragging up the entire remnants of Liguidmoney and I's conversation. If other people want to go through and read it and decide for themselves then they are more than welcome to do so. Liguidmoney and I came to our peace and I am happy to keep it that way.

You came into a conversation that was finished and put your two-cents in. Your lecturing tone and condescension was less than invited, but my guess is that since you have a proven record of enjoying your time in The Hole this probably isn't a new behavior for you.

And for the record, I responded to your post in full without the least bit of sarcasm or condescension. The only things I even posted that were remotely directed at you were to comment on the fact that I have no history of responding unprovoked to posters in an untoward manner and that you came late to the discussion, which you did.

By your own admission you didn't post because you felt that Liguidmoney was making valid points. He and I finished our conversation and then you came in. You are allowed to do as much, but the fact is that you called me out after the conversation was over. I'm not sure why my comment is causing you so much undue stress, but perhaps it has more to do with you than with me.

If you want to keep this going then we can. If the bone you have to pick really is with me then so be it, though I would hope you had better things to do with your time. Unless you are looking to pick a fight, in which case I have better things to do with my time.

bradlee180
08-15-2007, 12:21 AM
This thread wasn't just between you and liquidmoney. Jeez, disagree with a moderator around here and you're threatened with banishment. Mods ought to be impartial in any case, yet they get into the discussions. If you disagree with them: banishment. That's not professional behaviour.

Startin' to get like Sherdog around here...

twankydawg
08-15-2007, 12:31 AM

:bant:

Dude, you guys are so lucky that you're fucking with Noob, he's not one to ban people unless they are way over the top. I read most of the posts and he's right about just about everything he said.

You jumping in with some guy who's acting a complete ass made it look like you were being an ass too. Now saying something like the quote above is really pushing it.

Here's a tip. If you have some points to make, make them on your own, don't try to jump in when someone else is being trollish or you'll come out looking like a troll yourself.

Noob
08-15-2007, 02:14 AM
This thread wasn't just between you and liquidmoney.

I never claimed that the entire thread was only ground for Liguidmoney and I. Had I thought as much I would have told you that you had no business even posting in it, but instead I said that you were 'late to the party' and you got your panties into a gigantic bunch.

Jeez, disagree with a moderator around here and you're threatened with banishment.
Lol, I think your continued trouble with the mods says more about you than it does about me.

And don't exagerrate for your own benefit, I never threatened to ban you. To even suggest that I did makes you look like you're crying wolf. Or just crying in general.

Mods ought to be impartial in any case, yet they get into the discussions.

It's a rough world. Deal with it.

If you disagree with them: banishment.

And yet you're still here.

If you're looking to get yourself banned, that can be arranged. At this point your behavior is making it seem like you are no longer happy to be here.

Starting to look like you belong there more than you do here.

If it's so bad here, you are welcome to stop gracing us with your ill-tempered and ungrateful presence. We can hold a vigil after you're gone. Maybe play a Celine Dion song or something. Or maybe we can assemble some of the members into a violin concerto and play Candle In The Wind.

Bullock
08-15-2007, 02:49 AM
This is funny stuff.

Why did those two noobs get banned after 2 posts though?

Noob
08-15-2007, 02:51 AM
This is funny stuff.

Why did those two noobs get banned after 2 posts though?
Because they were both the same person. It was Chuckisgay/Chuckisgoat/Queef_Blast/Toughguy69. He was creating new accounts to get around the neg rep he kept getting, so I banned him completely.

Bradlee is watching us surreptitiously. For about 30 minutes now.

Dork8503
08-15-2007, 03:12 AM
I can send you to the hole if you would like

Jon-E-Law
08-15-2007, 05:48 PM
everyone should relax this thing is out of control lets just move on to another thread everyone gets the point. bradlee was just trying to make a point. and he was not acting trollish and neither was I just trying to make some good points!!!!!!!!

respectfully
mr international lol

kaindakiller
08-24-2007, 02:45 AM
yeah,i heard he played high school football too.