PDA

View Full Version : K-1 Fans?

valheruking
08-10-2007, 06:00 AM
Just thought I'd ask how many K-1 fans there are on the forum, i know there are a few, just wanted to see what the average feeling towards K-1 is.

I personally love K-1 and spend a lot of time downloading/watching K-1 fights and try to catch up with the latest news, I also enjoy watching some Shootboxing and Muay Thai fights etc, just seeing if anyone else really likes K-1, i find it can be just as exciting as mma, and i feel like i could potentially disucuss it just as much as mma with you guys if the K-1 forum was as active.

Anyone else feel the same way?. (btw i know there are a lot of you that watch K-1, just trying to get the forums feeling as a whole).

If you do like it, who are some of your favourite fighters?

ufobydeath
08-10-2007, 03:31 PM
K-1 is essentially all they show here in Sweden (I recently caught a HERO'S event on viasat sport which was hilarious as the Swedish commentators don't know shit and sound like wrasslin commentators) and I've been trying to get into the stand-up version of it. It varies between being really good and really boring :\

HERO'S however is really fun to watch (hey, it's MMA and it's free!).

Favourite fighter would be Bukaw for obvious reasons! :D

valheruking
08-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Good choice lol, yeah i know what you mean about the commentators, some of the American commentators dont have a clue either, along with the english commentator for eurosport, always mixing things up lol.
I find K-1 Max to be very exciting as it has the lighter weight, more energetic and explosive matches, the World gp group can get a bit boring sometimes, mainly beacause of Semmy Schilt nearly always winning, because he is a decent kickboxer who happens to be 6"11 (lol that guy will never get the respect he should, because he has such a height advantage)

The Japanese have realised they need to do something to liven things back up though, what with Semmy ruling everything, so they have made a new Heavweight and Superheavyweight titles, unfortunately Semmy is already also the Superheavyweight champion, which im sure aggravates the organisers of k-1 lol, but Badr Hari is the Heavyweight champion and maybe there will be some exciting matches invloving that title.

matto
08-10-2007, 09:30 PM
dont think that anybody would visit this thread unless they liked it or thought that it was alright. like k-1 now, but it was best a few years ago. from like 2000-2005 or something like that. hoost, banner, leko, smith, and mcdonald were the best. also liked schilt and sapp sometimes lol.

valheruking
08-10-2007, 09:39 PM
dont think that anybody would visit this thread unless they liked it or thought that it was alright
Yeah i think you're right, I should have put in the main section or off topic.

it was best a few years ago
I agree, K-1 Max is good though.

matto
08-10-2007, 09:47 PM
forgot about reme as well. i liked hunt, didnt like cc that much in k1 but in mma is great. manhoef is also a great kickboxer. it surprises me how less successful muy thai practicioners are doing so good and have great records yeat cope is struggling in mma a lot. althought cope's last loss wasnt he fault.

Ramma
08-11-2007, 12:45 AM
To put it simply... love it.

evilkane165
08-11-2007, 03:36 AM
K-1 is sort of what started it all for me. Used to air here every morning from 5-6. Made waking up for school a lot easier, but I still managed to be late lol.

matto
08-11-2007, 03:38 AM
K-1 is sort of what started it all for me. Used to air here every morning from 5-6. Made waking up for school a lot easier, but I still managed to be late lol.

who do u guys think that is the best-most dominate k1 kickboxer of all time? id probably go with hoost, thoughts?

valheruking
08-11-2007, 03:56 AM
Damn, I'd actually be able to get up early if there was some K-1 on lol, would have loved some before i went to school too.

who do u guys think that is the best-most dominate k1 kickboxer of all time? id probably go with hoost, thoughts?
Yeah i'd say Hoost is the most dominant, but the title of best is debatable.

evilkane165
08-11-2007, 04:19 AM
I'd say Hoost or Sefo, But Schilt is my favorite so I'll be biased and pick him.

Ramma
08-11-2007, 05:54 AM
Damn, I'd actually be able to get up early if there was some K-1 on lol, would have loved some before i went to school too.

Yeah i'd say Hoost is the most dominant, but the title of best is debatable.

Hoost is the most dominant for sure. Maybe not against Bob Sapp :grinsmile26:

But the most dominant

valheruking
08-11-2007, 06:29 AM
^^^Haha if i didnt know any better i'd think you were trying to piss me off lol

Even though i think Hoost is the most dominant, its hard to say how long he will be, schilt could win another 2 world gps and equal his record, and if Buakaw keeps dominating in Max, they could be ranked ahead of him before their careers are finished maybe.
But the good thing about K-1 is it tends to go in cycles, and before you know it there will probably be someone new on the scene dominating Schilt and the world gp.

Ramma
08-12-2007, 04:45 AM
^^^Haha if i didnt know any better i'd think you were trying to piss me off lol

Even though i think Hoost is the most dominant, its hard to say how long he will be, schilt could win another 2 world gps and equal his record, and if Buakaw keeps dominating in Max, they could be ranked ahead of him before their careers are finished maybe.
But the good thing about K-1 is it tends to go in cycles, and before you know it there will probably be someone new on the scene dominating Schilt and the world gp.

I just love it because it is Bob Sapp.. There is a place in my heart for that big idiot. I can't explain why..

valheruking
08-12-2007, 04:54 AM
lol, i actually think he's pretty funny, heres a Bob Sapp classic, its K-1 rules remember.

<div><object width="520" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/7lGPQ8HOQprEm2nuU"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/7lGPQ8HOQprEm2nuU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="520" height="370" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc5hk_k1-bob-sapp-vs-zebra-fantastic_sport">K-1 - Bob Sapp Vs Zebra( FANTASTIC !)</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/mynos">mynos</a></i></div>

Ramma
08-12-2007, 05:16 AM
lol.. the brawl at the end is priceless.. Zebra had every right to be pissed, but Sapp just throws him like a stack of papers.

I wish him and Mike Tyson actually went at it in K-1. That would have been a lot of fun.