PDA

View Full Version : Annoying new ads have screwed up the forums

smoogy
08-11-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't know if anyone else is having the same issues, but in Firefox the forums are totally fucked, you can't click links or anything. In IE the pages load but that stupid DVD ad is scrolling right over posts and everything.

This shit is unacceptable. I don't see why the forums need to be so ad-heavy in the first place. This is a respectable place to discuss MMA, but the shitty/invasive ads make it seem cheap.

twankydawg
08-11-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't know if anyone else is having the same issues, but in Firefox the forums are totally fucked, you can't click links or anything. In IE the pages load but that stupid DVD ad is scrolling right over posts and everything.

This shit is unacceptable. I don't see why the forums need to be so ad-heavy in the first place. This is a respectable place to discuss MMA, but the shitty/invasive ads make it seem cheap.

I agree man, I couldn't type anything in the box earlier when I was rep'ing someone. I figured that's what was screwing it up and that canary yellow background hurts my eyes! :blink:

Have them on the home page but not in the actual threads man.

valheruking
08-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Yeah i've been going fucking crazy smoogy, check out the dvd-ad thread legend created in site suggestions/feedback. (altough this belongs in the main forum because the site has been running really slow and with several problems for me and others)

valheruking
08-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Also, i hate to double post, but today has to have some kind of record for least active day in recent memory, theres been barely anyone on all day and hardly any posting, lol there are like 6 people viewing the general mma section.

mattc25
08-11-2007, 08:58 PM
.....this really sucks,I could barley login when I cleared my browser :banghead: ....and to reply I had to put an emotion first :angrrry:

Dork8503
08-11-2007, 09:00 PM

For anyone who cant post listen this is how you do it. Quote someones text and then click in the center or just anywhere in there typing and the cursor will appear, then just use the arrow keys to go down and you can post.

I am having that problem, it takes me forever to freaking post because i have to do that shit.

if i dont do that i cant get the cursor to appear in the white box and when i try that dumb add highlights.

i cant send pm's. It looks like someone of us have worse problems then others.

smoogy
08-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Also, i hate to double post, but today has to have some kind of record for least active day in recent memory, theres been barely anyone on all day and hardly any posting, lol there are like 6 people viewing the general mma section.

My guess is they've all been shut out by the insecure ads.

hanman
08-11-2007, 09:02 PM
im havin same problem with firefox, its sucks balls

leelandk
08-11-2007, 09:02 PM
.....this really sucks,I could barley login when I cleared my browser :banghead: ....and to reply I had to put an emotion first :angrrry:

I didn't think of that. To post I had to click on the scrollbar in IE.

ronin
08-11-2007, 09:07 PM

Same here...

Mirko
08-11-2007, 09:07 PM
For anyone who cant post listen this is how you do it. Quote someones text and then click in the center or just anywhere in there typing and the cursor will appear, then just use the arrow keys to go down and you can post.

I am having that problem, it takes me forever to freaking post because i have to do that shit.

if i dont do that i cant get the cursor to appear in the white box and when i try that dumb add highlights.

i cant send pm's. It looks like someone of us have worse problems then others.

More importantly, what is being done to fix this?

mattc25
08-11-2007, 09:11 PM
:angrrry: ...well at least we all know where to get 49 cent DVD`s ::banghead: :ahh:

Dork8503
08-11-2007, 09:11 PM
:banghead: I have no idea, i emailed Boone an told him about the problems, some people like i said are having alot of different problems, some are fine, and some cant even post or click links.

i was going freaking nuts early because i thought i had another virus because i couldnt do anything,

but thats a good idea about the smiles thing i had to quote people an do it that way

mattc25
08-11-2007, 09:13 PM
:grinsmile26: ....to post just click an emotion first,but the site is running really slow.

valheruking
08-11-2007, 09:16 PM
wow this is bad, i cant even copy and paste what someone says.

Dork8503
08-11-2007, 09:19 PM
:sadsmile1: the site is running fast for me, just have to use the smily faces before i can post.

Cant start threads, or anything like that.

smoogy
08-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Boone was viewing this thread 10-15 minutes ago and yet he didn't leave an explanatory post. What the hell?

Ramma
08-11-2007, 09:23 PM
where is Boone in all of this?

killerinstinct
08-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Matt Boone has been doing shit like this for awhile now. There's a reason why this website has went down for days at a time in the past and it's because of Matt Boone and his sherdog loving ass. He had some old forums that fucked up and he completely abandoned them, don't think he wouldn't do the same thing to this website in a heart beat. All Boone really cares about is himself and his beloved pro wrestling.

Legend
08-11-2007, 09:26 PM
where is Boone in all of this?
He is to goddamn busy posting on Sherdog. I saw him on earlier right before this shit went up. Nice to see he left us a present.

Dork8503
08-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Matt Boone has been doing shit like this for awhile now. There's a reason why this website has went down for days at a time in the past and it's because of Matt Boone and his sherdog loving ways. He had some old forums that fucked up and he completely abandoned them, don't think he wouldn't do the same thing to this website in a heart beat. All Boone really cares about is himself and his beloved pro wrestling.

Damn thats a little Harsh.

I like Boone and Pro wrestling.

I just dislike the spyware i have gotten and spent hours begging Noob to help me get it off.

I like these forums alot, havent found any fourms that really compare, but sometimes i want to bang my head against the wall

Plus Boone does not have that many post on Sherdog,

Matt Boone
08-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Should work now...

thumper
08-11-2007, 09:31 PM
I have to admit, it's bordering on insane.

I was going to bail when the invasive, unethical popups started coming, but this is just getting to be too much.

There's a fine line on what's profitable and what's costing you members. I don't know where that line is here, but it's just a bit too much for me.

Not that anyone cares that I'm not around, but that's why. I get tired of having to close disgusting half page flash ads to go into a forum and the popups that forced you to visit a website is beyond ethics.

Anyway. I hope it changes. This is a great forum.

mattc25
08-11-2007, 09:31 PM
...the adds are gone and no more emotion`s before I post :grinsmile1:

baba
08-11-2007, 09:32 PM
:angrrry: ...well at least we all know where to get 49 cent DVD`s ::banghead: :ahh:

yea, 49 cents per, plus $22 S&H.

thumper
08-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Should work now...
NICE!

Great to see a site admin that listens to it's members!

valheruking
08-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Thanks Boone, that was crazy.

Legend
08-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Should work now...

Well hey thanks for the detailed explanation on what was up with the add. Ohh and it is real nice of you to apologize for the inconvenience/spyware and everything. :thumbsup: Tell the boys at Sherdog I said what's up.

mattc25
08-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Well hey thanks for the detailed explanation on what was up with the add. Ohh and it is real nice of you to apologize for the inconvenience/spyware and everything. :thumbsup: Tell the boys at Sherdog I said what's up. :ahh: :lmfao:

Matt Boone
08-11-2007, 09:38 PM
I wasn't able to post guys, couldn't tell you it was being fixed. I could PM though and did to Sundance to ask him to tell people for me. I told Howie on AIM that it'd be fixed the second my boss signed online. And the second he did sign online (which was about 5 mins ago) I had him fix it. He's taking pop ups off too soon he said (without me even pressing the issue, I didn't know we had any - I have a blocker).

Dork8503
08-11-2007, 09:39 PM
I don't have any problems with pop ups ever.

Plus it wasn't like Boone did this on purpose, he put a add up or someone did, an that add didn't want to be a nice add and they prob tryed figuring ways to fix it before taking it down.

I don't blame Matt for trying to make money.

He fixed it so yeah thats what matters.

Matt Boone
08-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Dunno what you're talking about Spyware and everyone piling up on me....no one has mentioned any of this stuff to me before, Clint, Howie, Bullock, Sundance, Noob, Dork, etc. Today my boss changed ads on the main site and here w/out telling me, and ask Howie - I was f'n outraged. I got it fixed as soon as he came back online....dunno what more I can do guys.

smoogy
08-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Dunno what you're talking about Spyware and everyone piling up on me....no one has mentioned any of this stuff to me before, Clint, Howie, Bullock, Sundance, Noob, Dork, etc. Today my boss changed ads on the main site and here w/out telling me, and ask Howie - I was f'n outraged. I got it fixed as soon as he came back online....dunno what more I can do guys.

Keep the ads on the main site and off the forums. I can understand you feeling piled up on, but this certainly isn't the first time that the forum ads have created a hassle for the members.

Matt Boone
08-11-2007, 09:53 PM
I don't control the ads! And this isn't the first time I've ADDRESSED an ad problem on the forums either. Be fair now. If you know who controls what you'd know I've done a lot to keep this place browsable despite people who only worry about money above me. To be honest, I think the main site looks like an ugly pile of slop now. I'm just as pissed about that and that won't be rectified until we redesign in a year or whenever. I have limited control over what ads get displayed, and for reasons I can disclose in the (very near) future (Howie knows I'm talking about - don't spill the beans yet though, not allowed to legally) the ads will be even more limited in a good way. May have to have that ugly skyscrapper on the side, but it won't screw up any functions and we won't have any pop ups anywhere - total decrease in advertisements. That's all I know for now honestly and if anything comes up that I don't agree with, trust me I'll handle it as fast as I can.

dagreat1
08-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Keep the ads on the main site and off the forums. I can understand you feeling piled up on, but this certainly isn't the first time that the forum ads have created a hassle for the members.

Yeah it's been on ongoing issue for a LONG time that everyone has expressed displeasure with.

Boone even comented on teh Cruz forum regarding the popups (once Cruz mentioned them everyone chimed in with how tired of them they are).

It's basically like we're haere making this place a great forum and we're being rewarding by the owners if this website cramming fuggin pop-ups down our throats. Thanks.

Matt Boone
08-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Not sure what else I can say. I didn't cause this today, I merely fixed it - and as fast as could possibly be done. If it happens again, I'll do the same.

valheruking
08-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Im not criticizing or attacking you Boone, but that ad along the side is something that would keep me from joining a forum, it makes it looks like i just stumbled upon a third rate auction site with those ads along the side, you sure there has to be one there, whats wrong with the space at the top?

Diegonightmare
08-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Well I haven't read thru this entire thread yet, but wanted to come on and say, I'm relieved to see that damn ad gone...I was totally hosed earlier. Couldn't change forums, couldn't respond to a thread, etc. Felt like I was caught in a Nogueira triangle and everything was going gray.

mattc25
08-11-2007, 10:07 PM
....thanks Boone!! :thumbsup: ...didn`t mean to pile on.

chokeyouout
08-11-2007, 10:27 PM
oh good i thought i was the only one.

Noob
08-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I have to admit, it's bordering on insane.

I was going to bail when the invasive, unethical popups started coming, but this is just getting to be too much.

There's a fine line on what's profitable and what's costing you members. I don't know where that line is here, but it's just a bit too much for me.

Not that anyone cares that I'm not around, but that's why. I get tired of having to close disgusting half page flash ads to go into a forum and the popups that forced you to visit a website is beyond ethics.

Anyway. I hope it changes. This is a great forum.

That sucks. I care, you're one of the better posters around here.

Though I will say, your sense of decoration could use a little sprucing up. How about an av or something? Just a little mood-lifter. Hmm? Doesn't that sound nice?

evilkane165
08-12-2007, 01:27 AM
I haven't had any problems at all w/ firefox, r u using the add-block add-on?
seems to work wonders for me.

Noob
08-12-2007, 01:33 AM
I haven't had any problems at all w/ firefox, r u using the add-block add-on?
seems to work wonders for me.

That's because you weren't on today. The normal ads are handled fine by the firefox ad-blocker.

The stuff today was something different. New.

Bullock
08-12-2007, 12:50 PM
The stuff today was something different. New.

LOL

matto
08-12-2007, 08:53 PM
yes exactly, it is fine now, but yesterday there was the add for 5 dvds for .49$ each that was on the lef side and wouldnt fucking go away no matter what. it had not X box so i couldnt get rid of it not matter what. i was so pissed off and was crying like a panzy.:sadsmile1: :angrrry:

matto
08-12-2007, 08:54 PM
and bullock where the fuck do u keep finding those trigg pics, not that im gay or anything.

valheruking
08-13-2007, 12:51 AM
Ahhhh, its back.

matto
08-13-2007, 12:58 AM
yes, wtf its back. this time its on the right. admins help your loyal citizens.

Dork8503
08-13-2007, 01:07 AM
its back but its not doing anything this time, very gay tho lol

2mcgrath
08-13-2007, 01:12 AM
yeah mine has been like that off and on thru the day.and now the dvd ad is back for me.shrinks my screen alittle is all its doing this time.but i aint going no where ill ride the problem out with everyone else

valheruking
08-13-2007, 01:23 AM
This is getting fucking stupid as the main guy obviously couldnt give a shit what we think and is going put his retarded bottom of the barrell, out of placing looking ads in here somewhere, thus making the forum as a whole look like a cheap, third rate mess of a place.
Seriously the layout/look of a forum would influence my decision to join.

matto
08-13-2007, 02:00 AM
how does something like that even go about happening?

Legend
08-13-2007, 07:22 AM
Well something is up for me. I have a 22 inch wide screen monitor so the forum takes up less then half of the screen and is usually in the middle of the screen. But now it is on the left side. Not a real big deal but I like it better the other way.

Clint
08-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Well something is up for me. I have a 22 inch wide screen monitor so the forum takes up less then half of the screen and is usually in the middle of the screen. But now it is on the left side. Not a real big deal but I like it better the other way.
Yeah I saw the same thing when I got to work, like you said not a bog deal just odd.

Noob
08-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah I saw the same thing when I got to work, like you said not a bog deal just odd.
Same here. A little weird, but I can deal with it.

Anybody else notice the 'Free Gym Membership' thing that's up now?

Submissionist
08-13-2007, 03:25 PM
"minglenow" ad is popping up every few mins.

twankydawg
08-13-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't eat spiders in my fucking sleep and I didn't meet my wife online.

I'm still waiting on my 2 free ipod nano's! Goddammit, I want my nano's!

valheruking
08-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Wtf? now there is an ad in the middle of the forums, this place is turning into a mess.

Noob
08-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Get rid of the fucking 'Free Gym Membership' ad. I can't stand that thing.

Noob
08-13-2007, 10:32 PM
anybody have any idea of how you capture your screen to a picture so you could post it?

Ask Thumper, he knows.

valheruking
08-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Press the "Prt Sc" key, go to the Paint feature that comes with the computer> go to edit and select paste, it will now show your picture, go to file, save-as, now you will need to upload to photobucket,imageshack.

Howie
08-14-2007, 01:14 PM

MOTHERFUCKA WAS OUTRAGED

thumper
08-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Press the "Prt Sc" key, go to the Paint feature that comes with the computer> go to edit and select paste, it will now show your picture, go to file, save-as, now you will need to upload to photobucket,imageshack.

I gave him the same steps. I'm thinking his keyboard may not have a 'print screen' button. At least that's what it sounds like from his response. Can't find my reply now though.

thebwit
08-14-2007, 02:17 PM
What the hell? Seriously it isn't that hard to remove these for the forum members. Do the right thing. Check to see if someone is logged in, if so, NO ADS DISPLAYED. If they aren't logged in, display ads. Simple as that. There are a shit ton of articles explaining how this is the best case scenario. Reward your loyal viewers by not showing ads and then go from there.

thumper
08-14-2007, 02:30 PM
That won't work at all because you have to be registered and logged in to view the threads. that would essentially block ads for everyone

Noob
08-14-2007, 02:33 PM
That won't work at all because you have to be registered and logged in to view the threads. that would essentially block ads for everyone

Thumper is our resident, or maybe my resident, computer expert.

thebwit
08-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Oh here is a great ad - its for MAC makeup. Not sure how many females really read this forum, but way to go with the target audience. While writing this I have an ad that I swear would cause an epileptic to have a seizure.http://www.thebwit.com/images/worst_ad.jpg

valheruking
08-14-2007, 05:25 PM
^^^ Haha yeah i think i know the one you're talking about, its a crazy flashing yellow thing.

Clint
08-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Oh here is a great ad - its for MAC makeup. Not sure how many females really read this forum, but way to go with the target audience. While writing this I have an ad that I swear would cause an epileptic to have a seizure.http://www.thebwit.com/images/worst_ad.jpg
Quit whining and get an ad blocker. We don't control the ads.

Noob
08-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Quit whining and get an ad blocker. We don't control the ads.

Lol, Clint laying it down. Serving the law on a platter of no-nonsense.

warrior06
08-14-2007, 08:34 PM
I haven't had a big change. My frames are askew but I don't have any pop-ups. In my right frame, I have "Find a Free Gym Pass". I am not receiving any spyware from this site. No biggie. Someones gotta get paid, people need to eat.

There are a few different ways to get a picture of your screen. The Prt Scr key works as a "copy" all you need to do is open MS Paint and "paste". But the file selection is an obscure one. So I use Print Key 2000 5.10. Its free and works great. http://www.webtree.ca/newlife/printkey_info.htm

Legend
08-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Well the forums are back in the middle of my screen now instead of the left side of it. So the new add does not bother me anymore. I would be all for the adds if I knew that people like Clint and the other admins were seeing something for their work here on the forums.

killerinstinct
08-14-2007, 09:51 PM
All I can say is that in a month or so, their will be a new annoying add and I don't think it's necessary what so ever for people to get money for these adds when they contribute nothing to the site *coughs* Boone* coughs* I mean you don't see ads like this on the UG or mmaweekly or sherdog. I mean this is almost like a pro wrestling website more than an mma site, with all the cheap ads and that's something that Boone is more familiar with anyways.

BigBanda
08-14-2007, 10:37 PM
I have never encountered any of these ads being annoying and I've been on these boards for about a year. Just keep up to date with a good pop up blocker or just use something like mozilla firefox. Also if you use a MAC, I never have a prob on my MAC either using Safari.

thumper
08-15-2007, 03:06 AM
All I can say is that in a month or so, their will be a new annoying add and I don't think it's necessary what so ever for people to get money for these adds when they contribute nothing to the site *coughs* Boone* coughs* I mean you don't see ads like this on the UG or mmaweekly or sherdog. I mean this is almost like a pro wrestling website more than an mma site, with all the cheap ads and that's something that Boone is more familiar with anyways.

I think there might be some confusion here. maybe I misunderstand what you're saying.

Sherdog has exactly the same ad layout as there is here. One ad banner in the header under the nav bar, and one off center (to the right) of the main frame of the page.

the only difference is this. On this site, the big grey column part is hard coded into the site. So if you turn ad blocker on, the tower banner goes away but the column itself stays (showing 'find a gym pass'). So they really do have the same ads.

The UG has more ads than either site, and is, if i may say so. The worst layout for a forum I've ever seen. It's from back in the bbs days. Using the cardinal sin of web development (frames) and is just gross as a forum is concerned. But they have more ads than either place.

The big square ad (that's google's term for it :) is 325X325. It was put in splitting the forum display page (that's the style page vBulletin uses). It was really bad. But someone has removed it now.

Now, to the biggest issue. Here's why the owners are probably very unhappy and are adding more banners. (of course this is purely conjecture and each site admin has his own thoughts on ad revenue)

This forum requires registration to even view threads. The reality? That's probably driving off 80 to 90% of the viewers. Who wants to register just to READ threads? only the most interested people. Which is what? 10 to 20% of the traffic? So they register. The other 80 to 90% just go back to sherdog, the ug or wherever.

If this forum opened threads to display to guests, the ad revenue would probably double because anyone could read the forum and those causals that are now just leaving would be exposed to the ads.

So how do you make a good marriage between the two? Here's the way I think would work from my experience.

You have two sets of forums. One that anyone can see. Guests, and members. This would be things like the TUF forum, general discussion, off topic, boxing, and other forums.

Then you have a group called 'registered members' where only people registerd and logged in can see them. This gives the ability for the casual person to roam around and read the main forums. That's the person you WANT reading you site because he's the most likely to click an ad. The people that are here every day are far less likely to click ads because (and I'm sure we all do it) as we are here daily, we don't even notice the ads themselves because we focus on the threads or the post.

This would be forums like pics and video, vbookie and classifieds. So the better 'meat' would be visible but you'd have to be registered to see the forums.

The other way, would be to simply open all forums to viewing (except the pics and vids) and allow people to see the forums completely just not participate. Again your main traffic is at least allowed to browse which gives them 1. a reason to stay on the site, thus seeing more ads, and 2. reason to (most importantly) come back again.

I honestly believe that this would increase the ad revenue a ton. But it wouldn't affect the posts at all because us, as registered members wouldn't see any difference. Guests can still read, but they can't post.

Either way, this site makes a lot of money on ads. Or at least it should, with it's very high ranking on Alexa. it gets plenty of traffic for it.

I also think it'd be cool for the admins, or possibly even mods to get some cash, but in the world of forums and the web that's just not how it works. It's a privelage to have those abilities, not a burdeon. That's the way it's viewed.

Clint
08-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Shit I've been automatically logged in for so long that I forgot that you have to sign up to see the forums. I'll test out turning that off on the general forums and see how it goes.

Noob
08-15-2007, 12:12 PM
I think there might be some confusion here. maybe I misunderstand what you're saying.

Sherdog has exactly the same ad layout as there is here. One ad banner in the header under the nav bar, and one off center (to the right) of the main frame of the page.

the only difference is this. On this site, the big grey column part is hard coded into the site. So if you turn ad blocker on, the tower banner goes away but the column itself stays (showing 'find a gym pass'). So they really do have the same ads.

The UG has more ads than either site, and is, if i may say so. The worst layout for a forum I've ever seen. It's from back in the bbs days. Using the cardinal sin of web development (frames) and is just gross as a forum is concerned. But they have more ads than either place.

The big square ad (that's google's term for it :) is 325X325. It was put in splitting the forum display page (that's the style page vBulletin uses). It was really bad. But someone has removed it now.

Now, to the biggest issue. Here's why the owners are probably very unhappy and are adding more banners. (of course this is purely conjecture and each site admin has his own thoughts on ad revenue)

This forum requires registration to even view threads. The reality? That's probably driving off 80 to 90% of the viewers. Who wants to register just to READ threads? only the most interested people. Which is what? 10 to 20% of the traffic? So they register. The other 80 to 90% just go back to sherdog, the ug or wherever.

If this forum opened threads to display to guests, the ad revenue would probably double because anyone could read the forum and those causals that are now just leaving would be exposed to the ads.

So how do you make a good marriage between the two? Here's the way I think would work from my experience.

You have two sets of forums. One that anyone can see. Guests, and members. This would be things like the TUF forum, general discussion, off topic, boxing, and other forums.

Then you have a group called 'registered members' where only people registerd and logged in can see them. This gives the ability for the casual person to roam around and read the main forums. That's the person you WANT reading you site because he's the most likely to click an ad. The people that are here every day are far less likely to click ads because (and I'm sure we all do it) as we are here daily, we don't even notice the ads themselves because we focus on the threads or the post.

This would be forums like pics and video, vbookie and classifieds. So the better 'meat' would be visible but you'd have to be registered to see the forums.

The other way, would be to simply open all forums to viewing (except the pics and vids) and allow people to see the forums completely just not participate. Again your main traffic is at least allowed to browse which gives them 1. a reason to stay on the site, thus seeing more ads, and 2. reason to (most importantly) come back again.

I honestly believe that this would increase the ad revenue a ton. But it wouldn't affect the posts at all because us, as registered members wouldn't see any difference. Guests can still read, but they can't post.

Either way, this site makes a lot of money on ads. Or at least it should, with it's very high ranking on Alexa. it gets plenty of traffic for it.

I also think it'd be cool for the admins, or possibly even mods to get some cash, but in the world of forums and the web that's just not how it works. It's a privelage to have those abilities, not a burdeon. That's the way it's viewed.

Well-done. Intelligent and thought-out. I like it, and I'm all for trying it.

twankydawg
08-16-2007, 12:38 AM

evilkane165
08-16-2007, 01:33 AM
If u didn't sign up for all 32 other sites after the nano it becomes null and void and u get no nano just more email spam sorry :grinsmile1:

Warchief
08-17-2007, 02:06 PM
My screen is being sorrounded by these big smilies, they shouting " Oh My God, Go Away " it's annoying. :banghead:

Boo
08-18-2007, 01:54 AM
anybody have any idea of how you capture your screen to a picture so you could post it?
Sundance are you still having problems with a screen capture?

If so, the step that is missing in everyone's directions is that you need to press either "Alt" or "Ctrl" at the same time you press the print screen button.

If you use "Alt" it will just capture the window you have on top. If you use "Ctrl" it will capture the entire screen.

Then you need to paste the picture in Paint or Word or where ever you want it. If you paste it in Paint you can "save as" and it will save the picture as a .bmp file.

thumper
08-18-2007, 08:28 AM
You don't need to press control to capture the whole window. Pressing 'print screen' alone does that.

valheruking
08-18-2007, 09:49 AM
^^^ Yeah i just press print screen.

Matt Boone
08-18-2007, 06:20 PM
thumper is pretty much dead on except for one crucial part - forums don't make much money. most ad companies won't take them because you can't control the content on it for the most part, and it's open to the public to contribute the content, etc. so when i saw my boss adding the stupid ads - ones that caused problems with the functions here, the stupid ad box seperating sub-forums in the general area, shit that effected ones browsing these forums - i nixed it quickly. i don't really have the power to do that, but i convinced him because it was hideous.

anyways as far as permissions thumper mentioned, it's clints choice but that makes perfect sense to me.

Boo
08-18-2007, 10:09 PM
You don't need to press control to capture the whole window. Pressing 'print screen' alone does that.

^^^ Yeah i just press print screen.

Guys that works on my current computer/keyboard, but on my old computer I had to press the control button for it to work. I have no idea why. Since Sundance was having difficulty getting it to work, I thought that might help.