PDA

View Full Version : Arona Interview (discusses future)

The Iceman
08-12-2007, 03:38 AM
Credit to:MMAPlayground

"All is cool, I'm training normally, but not too hard as I have no fight coming up. What I want is to enter the cage in the UFC soon, but I have been told by the UFC management that they won't be using me just yet, so it's out of my hands right now.
I think that the LHW division right now is awesome, and for sure it's the more exciting at the moment, if it was difficult before, imagine it now with all the Pride guys coming in..
I also think that Henderson will take the belt, but Rampage gets him in a good position, things can go the other way. Machida is very dangerous right now and getting better. Shogun will try to take Forest to the floor and will try to do his thing.." Said Arona.

http://mmaplayground.com/forums/topic8541-1.html

^^Been waiting to hear the latest on this guy. Looks like he will be fighting in the UFC

valheruking
08-12-2007, 03:45 AM
Not much info, buts its been a while since i heard anything from him so thanks, i suspect the UFC will let events such as Hendo/Rampage, Shogun/Griffin and possibly Wandys deut take place before introducing yet another fighter to the bemused UFC crowd lol, at least we know hes there waiting to come in, and he is a factor in the division, that guy can spoil a lot of peoples nights in the UFC, wouldnt mind seeing Rampage/Arona 2.

The Iceman
08-12-2007, 04:10 AM
Not much info, buts its been a while since i heard anything from him so thanks, i suspect the UFC will let events such as Hendo/Rampage, Shogun/Griffin and possibly Wandys deut take place before introducing yet another fighter to the bemused UFC crowd lol, at least we know hes there waiting to come in, and he is a factor in the division, that guy can spoil a lot of peoples nights in the UFC, wouldnt mind seeing Rampage/Arona 2.
Your welcome. I'd like to see him on the Liddell/Jardine card but I guess that's not going to happen. He should be an immediate contender. Man...the UFC's roster just gets deeper and better:grinsmile1:

matto
08-12-2007, 04:16 PM
wow, you seem to post good interviews, but i cant rep you until i spread it.

3Aleksandar3
08-12-2007, 05:48 PM
thanks for the update. If he's gonna be in the UFC, I wonder if hes joining up with Blackhouse? If he does, thats gonna be one tight team

Ramma
08-12-2007, 06:11 PM

Yeah, that is my guess on who they don't want him yet. But, I dunno, why wait to be honest? There is a very simple way around it.

UFC XX: PRIDE Invasion (Or something of that sort).

kaindakiller
08-24-2007, 01:57 AM
arona is just one of the many waiting for fights because pride was dissolved.someone said the ufc would have ALL of the best fighters in the world but it hasn't happened yet.i guess they are just going to ever so slowly trickle in so the ufc can figure out how to get so much talent organized.

kingrobert
09-27-2007, 12:53 AM
I really want to see Arona in the UFC. He has fought some good fights and beaten some good compitition. He is a more rounded Tito Ortiz.