PDA

View Full Version : Skins BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

TheBonger
08-12-2007, 10:00 AM
yea so we looked like shit and our O-line looked worse, atleast we won our first preseason game right? Ahhhhhh shit its goin too be a long year...............

He-Man
08-13-2007, 02:47 AM
I grew up watching the skins in MD. George Michaels sports machine, RFK, Joe Gibbs, Art Monk, Joe Washinton and the Diesel. Those days are gone and as much as I hate to say it the Skins are not a good football team the 2nd time around with Gibbs.

I have a TON of respect for Joe Gibbs, but he can not relate to today's players.
He won 3 SB titles with 3 different QB's in a 10 year window, IMO that will never happen again.

The combo of Gibbs, Casserly, Bugle and the late Jack Kent Cooke, RIP, was great timing and most importantly great for the Redskin fans.

I would love to see them do well under Gibbs, but that OC has got to go. Way to many plays for a young QB, and Portis is not the Portis of old.

GO RAIDERS

TheBonger
08-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Those days are gone and as much as I hate to say it the Skins are not a good football team the 2nd time around with Gibbs.

I have a TON of respect for Joe Gibbs, but he can not relate to today's players.
He won 3 SB titles with 3 different QB's in a 10 year window, IMO that will never happen again.

The combo of Gibbs, Casserly, Bugle and the late Jack Kent Cooke, RIP, was great timing and most importantly great for the Redskin fans.

I would love to see them do well under Gibbs, but that OC has got to go. Way to many plays for a young QB, and Portis is not the Portis of old.

GO RAIDERS

gotta disagree with alot of what you are saying here. First off we are now near as bad as our 22-28 record under Joe II looks, alot of close guys have been lost and lets not forget Joe took over a pretty bad team with absolutely ZERO chemistry and he does have playoff win in this time. Saying he cant relate too todays player is a ignorant statement that dumbass media types have been making, funny though only during year 1 and 3, when he was winning 6 in a row too go too the playoffs in 05 he was relating just fine. I will agree that Saunders and Gibbs styles seem too clash but hopefully they can find a successful medium, anyone that knows anything about football said it would take a season ATLEAST for the Skins too really grasp Saunders offense, you cant pay someone that kinda of money and then pull the plug after one season, most of which Mark"the Fossil" Brunell was playing QB. Also if Portis is healthy he is just as explosive as he ever was.

Severn
08-14-2007, 05:47 PM
I grew up and still live in the DC/MD/VA area. The skins are a huge, huge part of this town.

But I'm a Steelers fan born and bred. Looks like they've got a preseaon game against each other this Saturday in DC.

Go PITT!!!!!

tapper
08-14-2007, 06:03 PM
i am not impressed with the redskins performance on the weekend, bbut a win is a win i guess.

war titans.

JPeezy
08-21-2007, 11:31 PM
What do the Skins fans think of Daniel Snyder?

His constant over-spending on free agents who arent worth the money always makes me laugh. He devalues the draft and always trades away his picks, then spends a ton of cash on guys who are over-rated or washed up.

The most successful franchises all build thru the draft (NE, Pittsburgh, Indy, Baltimore, San Diego, Philly)

If I was a Skins fan I'd be hoping he sold the team!