PDA

View Full Version : The ads are beyond stupid. They're ridiculous

thumper
08-14-2007, 04:09 AM
Though I know most wouldn't care, but this is just beyond stupid.

The entire fuckin forum is now aligned all the way to the left (both firefox and IE), and apparently the invasive, but acceptable ads between the text-links and the banners wasn't enough. now there's another one on the right that fucks the whole forum up, and even worse a fucking large square ad in between the forums now?

Christ man, there's a time when you learn that getting stupid with ads will cost you membership and effectively reduce your efficiency.

But that's just me

Noob
08-14-2007, 04:11 AM
I'm with you. If there were something I could do it would be done.

Boone says that it's his boss and that he has no say in what goes on the site.

jokerthief
08-14-2007, 04:12 AM
It is very annoying.

Please hire a programmer to fix this. I don't mind seeing it, just please fix the alignment.

thumper
08-14-2007, 04:13 AM
That is of course unless this is the look you were going for

http://www.fastnoc.com/public_profiles/members/thumper/nice.jpg

thumper
08-14-2007, 04:15 AM
I'm with you. If there were something I could do it would be done.

Boone says that it's his boss and that he has no say in what goes on the site.

Well all this has done (and I'm sure I'm not alone) is to turn ad blocking on for this site. So not only do I not see the ads now, I don't see ANY of them. My guess is that isn't the required effect.

Nobody is going to just keep weeding through this, and since this forum requires registration to read threads, guess who's getting hurt? I left ad blocking off here figuring i'd support the site, but it's over the top now.

Noob
08-14-2007, 04:16 AM
Ug. That is so ugly.

I am ashamed.

thumper
08-14-2007, 04:31 AM
You just hit the 'print screen' key, then create a new document in photoshop, or MS Paint, then paste it in.

Actually to just get the window you're reading, press and hold the 'alt' key, then 'print screen'

thumper
08-14-2007, 04:56 AM
No. there should be a key that isn't an F key that says 'print screen' on it.

Clint
08-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Goddamn that is bad. I use firefow and script block, so I never see any of the add, except for the free gym membership one.

I agree though that too many adds will kill a site.