PDA

View Full Version : Pics/Videos

pimpslappd
08-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Where did it go...Sorry I didnt know where to post this.

BigBanda
08-15-2007, 12:31 AM
The pics/vids section is still there but rules have been changed.

Forum Rules, FAQ, Cool Threads, Updated 7/17/07: http://forums.mmanews.com/announcement.php?f=3

Here are our new forum settings/rules - For an explanation of the rep system see below:
* In order to start a new thread, you must have a reputation or 20 or more. This is not hard to get at all if you participate. You can still post anywhere, just not make new threads. The exceptions to this are Noob Jack City (If a good thread is started here we will gladly move it for more people to see and rep you for it) and the Site Suggestion Forum (because everyone's should get to offer suggestions) EDIT: As a new addition to the rules, members with more than 20 rep cannot make threads in Noob jack City. This will make it easier to monitor that forum.

* To view the Pics and Videos forum, you must have a reputation of 30 or more. Again this is very easy to get by just participating in the general conversations.

So the answer to your question is that you must have a reputation of 30 or more to view pics/vids section. So you must interact with others and threads until others have given you the reputation you need to get to the pics/vids section.

twankydawg
08-15-2007, 12:49 AM
And you may want to check this out regarding getting Rep.

http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=12101

Noob
08-15-2007, 01:17 AM
Well done gentlemen. Helpful and concise.

Pimpslappd, if you have any other problems or questions feel free to send me a pm and I'll be glad to help you out.

twankydawg
08-15-2007, 01:36 AM
Always happy to help, everyone has been new before. Makes it easier on us all if they know what's up and at least he asked.

Noob
08-15-2007, 01:37 AM
Always happy to help, everyone has been new before. Makes it easier on us all if they know what's up and at least he asked.

Very true.

BigBanda
08-15-2007, 03:04 AM
hey np... guess he didnt like that answer cause he didnt reply lol

Typhoid
08-15-2007, 04:10 AM
I'd just like to say a quick thanks to everyone who has rep'd me over the past couple of months. I'm over 30 and can access Pics/Vids again. That's not to say I'm going to stop posting or anything... it was definitely a great kick in the ass to get me participating.

mxskatap
08-20-2007, 06:47 PM
well i have 48 rep points but still cant get into pic/vids...i could friday but not now...no bad rep...whats the deal??????

Clint
08-20-2007, 07:22 PM
We just bumped the rep requirement up to 50 today since with most members having such high rep it only took one person ever repping you to get 30. I'll give ya the 2 points.

valheruking
08-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Good idea, i was going to suggest that cause it should take more than 1 person to get you into the pics/vids section.

mxskatap
08-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks Clint!!!

Noob
08-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Good idea, i was going to suggest that cause it should take more than 1 person to get you into the pics/vids section.

Agreed. I saw one guy that had a single post repped by three long-ītime members and had a reputation of over 100. From a single post.

Thatīs ridiculous.

Bullock
08-21-2007, 02:24 AM
Yeah, some people wield too much power in terms of rep they can give/take.

Typhoid
08-21-2007, 03:17 AM
arggg!!! I just reached 30 and got access... and now I don't again. I have been rep'd multiple times, you'd think I'd be deserving of access? Oh well, back on it, I guess.

sandywh
08-21-2007, 07:31 AM
33 posts in almost a year?
Some dudes do that in a day!
Post more. I've seen you're posts. You got some decent points to make.

ddoggma
08-21-2007, 08:01 PM
I got you Typh..... "what comes around goes around" right buddy? We need to get right before the weekend....:ahh:

bigmike77
08-21-2007, 11:35 PM
I think this is wrong considering I have filled many fight requests without getting repped.

Legend
08-22-2007, 12:44 AM
I think this is wrong considering I have filled many fight requests without getting repped.

Then call them out when people don't show their appreciation for your help.

Noob
08-22-2007, 01:01 AM

You couldn't have filled that many with 18 posts.

And with 18, I wouldn't say you're contributing often to the site. I've never seen you post, and since you waited until the limit was raised to complain, I'm going to guess that you got your rep and stopped posting which is exactly what we're looking to stop.

bigmike77
08-22-2007, 01:38 AM
All I wanted to do was help contribute to the pics and vids section and I get negged, fucking morons.

bigmike77
08-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Who cares who negged me I have better things to do than to post 1000 times a day. I try to post only when someone wants a video that I can help with.

Noob
08-22-2007, 01:49 AM
All I wanted to do was help contribute to the pics and vids section and I get negged, fucking morons.

Look, you have 18 posts. I don't mean to get down on you, but claiming that all you wanted to do was contribute comes across as difficult to believe.

If you really want to contribute, there are many ways to do it. Post some interviews, add worthwhile discussion to existing threads, help new members. Be around, and be good and you will get the rep.

If you contribute as much as you say you want to, I'm sure you will have access to the vids section before too long.

jedilost1
08-26-2007, 04:54 PM
i've been on here for a while..i don't think i've ever been repped

Slinky
08-26-2007, 05:42 PM
this sucks it's gonna take me forever to get to fifty

jbart321
08-27-2007, 03:57 AM
See, this is crap. I see the point, but I don't really. I have been here for awhile, maybe I don't post as much as I could, but I have barely moved in rep points. I see no reason why real fans such as myself should be kept out of areas they could find useful. This is the only forum I have ever been on with this system, so I think I am just a bit frustrated with it.

Slinky
08-27-2007, 04:12 AM
^^ you ain't the only one

HammerFist
09-04-2007, 03:48 AM
I have some IVC tournaments which are full events, just wondering if they are on here already and if not would people be interested if i uploaded them?
There is some well known names in these events suprisingly, and is some of the ruthlessest fighting i have seen.

HammerFist
09-04-2007, 04:01 AM
ok cool, i have 50 rep points now i think, how many do ya need to access the pics vids?
Il put them up as soon as i can, if they are not already posted, i also have those brazilian jungle fights and some more different orgs.

Gmunit
09-04-2007, 04:58 AM
ok cool, i have 50 rep points now i think, how many do ya need to access the pics vids?
Il put them up as soon as i can, if they are not already posted, i also have those brazilian jungle fights and some more different orgs.

you need to have at least 10 posts for your rep to count

i'm looking forward to the IVC's

HammerFist
09-04-2007, 07:26 AM
no wonder, i have 9 this wil make it 10 then il put those ivc events up tonight or tommorow

Bullock
09-04-2007, 08:36 AM
put them up in here and we can move them.

Bullock
09-04-2007, 08:38 AM
See, this is crap. I see the point, but I don't really. I have been here for awhile, maybe I don't post as much as I could, but I have barely moved in rep points. I see no reason why real fans such as myself should be kept out of areas they could find useful. This is the only forum I have ever been on with this system, so I think I am just a bit frustrated with it.

^^ you ain't the only one

If you made a point to post here a few times a week, you'd get the required rep. It's eas to get into the vid section if you are a contributing member.

I don't recall seeing you before, jbart, and I rarely see you, slinky, so that tells you something right there.

Lurking isn't good enough anymore. That's just the way it is.

HammerFist
09-04-2007, 09:52 AM
alright whats the best file storage site to use?
i aint done file this big before

HammerFist
09-04-2007, 10:02 AM
and is that pic of trigg lying on couch naked him for real????
i always thought it was fake.
But i see why he such a peasant, he was also on some reality show wasnt he?

Clint
09-04-2007, 01:40 PM
and is that pic of trigg lying on couch naked him for real????
i always thought it was fake.
But i see why he such a peasant, he was also on some reality show wasnt he?
Yeah it's a real picture and he was on that reality show to date some old woman (I forget who the hell she was)

jedibaker
09-04-2007, 10:35 PM
If you made a point to post here a few times a week, you'd get the required rep. It's eas to get into the vid section if you are a contributing member.

I don't recall seeing you before, jbart, and I rarely see you, slinky, so that tells you something right there.

Lurking isn't good enough anymore. That's just the way it is.

I agree about "lurkers", however, I do feel that most of the time I get around to reading a thread, everything that needs to be said has been said. Just my thought.

HammerFist
09-04-2007, 11:46 PM
why cant i start a new topic in the noob city thread?
i just wanna know wat file storage site is best to use for uploading big files 700meg max.
Trying to get those IVC events uploaded for the mma fans!!

Submissionist
09-04-2007, 11:58 PM
why cant i start a new topic in the noob city thread?
i just wanna know wat file storage site is best to use for uploading big files 700meg max.
Trying to get those IVC events uploaded for the mma fans!!

Use either Megaupload or Rapidshare. Also I recommend using this program to split the video into smaller pieces. Very easy to use.

http://www.download.com/Easy-Video-Splitter/3000-2194_4-10195306.html

I have a product key if you need it after the trial expires.

HammerFist
09-05-2007, 02:25 AM
thanx alot man , and yea the key would be helpful, il try and put everything up i have