PDA

View Full Version : Grocery list.

jesusatemyhotdog
08-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Hey guys,

I am moving to a new place, so I figure that now is a good time to start eating healthy again.

A bit of background: At one time I was a high level hockey player and competitive weight lifter and was in very good shape. But when I stopped training and competing (back in 99) I began partying way too hard. Anyways; I have not lifted in about four years, but am getting back in the gym. I do not need a workout, as I am getting back into weightlifting as a sport and train with an amazing coach.

What I do need help with though is diet; not so much what to eat, per say, but what to buy.

My biggest problem is that I work a lot of hours and need quick - preparation meals/replacements.

So, here is what I am requesting: with about a budget of $300 (hopefully will last me a month) what should I pick up at the grocery store and what quantity?

And if someone would like to give perhaps a sample day or two of meals, that would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: No seafood.

Thanks boys.

Clint
08-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Protein:

* Fish: Salmon, Tuna, Cod
* Eggs
* Chicken breasts
* Cottage cheese
* Milk protien isolates
* Whey-casein blends
* Lean Red Meat

Carbohydrates:

* Vegetables
* Mixed beans
* Low-GI fruits
* Oatmeal/Oat bran
* Mixed-grain bread
* Small amounts of protein-enriched pasta

Fats:

* Flax oil
* EPA/DHA
* Olive oil
* Mixed nuts (no peanuts)
* Fish oil

Frasedog
08-17-2007, 11:23 AM
My best advice is to pick a day or two during your week, (I like Sundays) and cook a shit load of food. I get out all my tupper ware and make lunches for about half the week. Cook up a bunch of chicken breasts, undercook slightly so they wont dry out when you reheat. Combine with sweet potato, brown rice, etc, and veggies like broccoli and you have your pre prep'd, healthy meals.
Protein shakes are good for snacks and breakfast on the go. Also yogurt, fruit etc.

Get:
Milk (1%)
Whey protein powder
Chicken
Fish (I like Tilapia)
Canned tuna
Sweet potato
Brown rice
Frozen broccoli
Yogurt
Whole wheat bread
etc........