PDA

View Full Version : Tim Sylvia's Training/Diet Routine

Warchief
08-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Training

Monday: Get up at 8:00 am and go run for 30-45 minutes, go eat.
10:00 am go back and work technique for an hour
6:00 pm work out for 2 hours, sparring with takedown, work with my boxing coach.

Tuesday: Get up at 8:00 am have a shake and go to the gym and lift weights and then eat. afterwards, go to my chiropractor.
6:00 pm grappling then conditioning.

Wednesday: same as monday, but at night it's hard sparring and then conditioning...afterwards.

Thursday: same as tuesday.

Friday: the morning is the same as monday, but i go at 5:00 pm to work with my boxing coach.

Diet

Breakfast: 8-ounce steak, multigrain pancakes, cup of fruit.

A Shake: NOX-CG3, 2 scoops of protein, banana, blueberries, sometimes strawberries and a half cup of oatmeal, 8 ounce of water.

Lunch: 8 ounce of protein, broccoli 1 cup, half cup of corn

(Another shake - same as above, or sushi)

Dinner: 8 ounce of protein, sweet potato, broccoli.

http://www.tim-sylvia.com/trainingdiet.html

dagreat1
08-17-2007, 09:18 PM
His workout regimine is lacking a great deal IMO. He's training for a whopping 3.5 -4 hours per day and while that is a long time, elite MMA athletes are training 6+ hours per day and training 6 days per weak as opposed to 5 days per weak.

He's eating well though. If he upped his training to even 5 hours per day he would be getting in another 5-7.5 hours per week and would probably be in better shape physically as well.

matto
08-18-2007, 06:22 AM
lol not the best, but im sure all the dancing that he does makes up for it.

kokaine
12-30-2007, 07:16 AM
But overtraining will mess him in the long run if he does 6+ hours.... he is not avg size to do what the rest do ...

kokaine
12-30-2007, 07:17 AM
although losing weight like he has recently could alot him to train moreso ... anyhow he needs to go back to knocking people out instead of winning lackful decisions... hes very well capable of finishing most times he tries

Alwaysbelieve1
12-30-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm sure both he and his coaches/trainers have found what sort of training combination has worked for them.

I think a lot of MMA athletes are over training.

Warchief
01-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Most of MMA Fighters are over training themselves, i remember when Wandy said that he is training hard four times a day in four months before he fight's Liddell...and look what happen to Wandy (Overtrained).

ericjones80
01-03-2008, 05:40 PM
people are too hard on Tim Sylvia....when he says he runs for 30-45 min in the morning....nobody knows what thats like. Hes so big that running has to be really taxing for him and probably burns a lot of calories doing it.

Warchief
01-03-2008, 06:46 PM
people are too hard on Tim Sylvia....when he says he runs for 30-45 min in the morning....nobody knows what thats like.
I run for 30-35 min every other day so i know what that's like, it's like a torture.

Tick
01-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Now is this his routine when training for a fight or his routine when not training for a fight?

I thought he would be working his grappling more than twice a week, it is the weak part of his game, and I would think that would deserve more time to get better at it. Then again, I suppose twice a week is sufficient.

Warchief
01-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Now is this his routine when training for a fight or his routine when not training for a fight?

I think his routine when he is not fighting (just a regular routine), b/c i see some of his training before a fight and i noticed most of his routines are different.

Tick
01-04-2008, 08:52 PM
I think his routine when he is not fighting (just a regular routine), b/c i see some of his training before a fight and i noticed most of his routines are different.

Yea fighting someone like Nog I would hope he is training alot more Take down defense along with sub defense.

LoonY ToonZ
01-19-2008, 11:11 PM
this is the weakest training routine i have seen for any fighter in any sport. No wonder he looks like a slob, and was never able to recover when randy punched him in the head. Recovery is a part of conditioning, and Tim is far from conditioned.

luismelhernandez
01-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Good for Tim Sylvia. What works for him, more power to him. Since we're on the subject, a lot of people give him shit and judge him harshly. He is a former UFC Heavyweight Champion. People should respect his achievements considering that his biggest critics can only dream of accomplishing what he has. Tim Sylvia has been injured in the Octagon. He has bled, he has kicked ass and had his ass kicked. He talks shit sometimes about other fighters, but big deal. He's far from my favorite fighter but as a fan of MMA he has earned my respect.

gogoplata
01-25-2008, 08:22 PM
wait a minute? maybe I just got bad information, but eating red meat everyday would clog up your colon and leave you with some gnarly weight right?... maybe he does colonics with rudiger LOL i mean how else could you shit out all that steak? yuk... i guess he could utilize some laxatives, personally, id opt for oatmeal every morning than having to shit out a drowned beaver,