PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bisping

Alvin
05-27-2006, 04:41 AM
Is anyone else getting a bit bored with Bisping's moaning about Matt?

I know us Brits are supposed to stick together blah, blah, but jeesh, give it a rest.

He whines about Matt getting all the attention from Tito, he whines about Matt's superior wrestling, he whines about Matt "Whoooooing", he whines about EVERYTHING!

I know it's probably down to the editing of the show, but I could do without his cheesy smack talk for an episode or 2.

fe4tw
05-27-2006, 07:27 PM
He hasn't whined for awhile, I didn't take him saying Matt's "whooing" being annoying was whining. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would get annoyed if they heard that every few minutes.

killerinstinct
05-27-2006, 08:19 PM
What annoys me from that show is ed whining that tito didn't pick him.than tito whining b/c he didn't pick ed its like enough already he didn't pick you ed get over it!!!!

BTW I don't hate Ed i think he's the best fighter on this show i'm just sick and tired of him complaining that tito didn't pick him.....That was funny as hell though when he made fun of tito and his little girly chicken legs.

lilburky824
05-28-2006, 08:10 PM
At first i didnt like mike bisping because of the things he said about matt but i could understand how matt could get annoying from time to time an i started to like him more ,also after seeing him fight i think that he is the best fighter there an i think he can beat every light heavyweight there.

killerinstinct
05-28-2006, 08:20 PM
when you have 16 fighters living in one house with nothing to do-no tv,no phone,no radio,etc. your bound to be a bit irritable and may get annoyed easily at times.

Alvin
05-29-2006, 04:48 AM
What annoys me from that show is ed whining that tito didn't pick him.than tito whining b/c he didn't pick ed its like enough already he didn't pick you ed get over it!!!!

BTW I don't hate Ed i think he's the best fighter on this show i'm just sick and tired of him complaining that tito didn't pick him.....That was funny as hell though when he made fun of tito and his little girly chicken legs.

Sure, I don't dislike Bisping either & want him to wint & you're right Ed's strop is annoying too. When they do the "diary room" stuff they both come over as women, but like I said it's probably the way it's edited.

mattsoper
06-04-2006, 07:01 PM
I read somewhere his nickname is the count

Michael "The Count" Bisping...whats with that??

Afro
06-04-2006, 07:10 PM
I like it, I dunno why cuz it is pretty lame but I like it

Mike THE COUNT Bisping!

arashikagepunishment
06-04-2006, 08:32 PM
i guess bisping is a vampire. that or hes an avid sesame street fan.

Kimuras"R"Us
06-04-2006, 10:55 PM
His nickname "The Count" comes from his family ancestory. If Poland's government structure had not changed after WW II then Mike would be a Count in his homeland as his family comes from royalty... That or the vampire theory.

Riverspeed2d
06-05-2006, 01:49 PM
I like him. I think he's the funniest on the show, and the most honest, he even admit on the last episode of how he's been gripe about Matt, and then apologize to Matt. I love it when he swears with his accent, it's hilarious.
I just don't want people to start hating him just cause of his accent or cause he's British.
The guys in the house have taken a liking to him, and you should see it like that.

bobbybennett
06-05-2006, 06:00 PM
I like him too. I am not british nor do i care that he is. He is a great fighter and he seems like the coolest dude there.

mattsoper
06-05-2006, 09:12 PM
I think that he is heavily favored right now....think about it he is the only leightheavy weight who dominated his fight...I am almost positive he will win...it almost makes me kind of mad because I don't see anyone having a chance against him..not afetr matt crapped out last week and put up a terrible showing

Afro
06-05-2006, 09:36 PM
ima go out on a limb here and say that Bisping will be the most successful TUF contestant, and be the first from TUF to win a UFC Title.. Chuck is 36 years old his end is drawing near, when hes done the LHW will be left wide open.. I can see Bisping being one of those top guys to get the belt, even if Babalu wins it the same could happen.

mattsoper
06-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Bisping is a very good fighter and it could happen...but I would think that other fighters are going to step up and take it before he does

Anthony
06-05-2006, 11:57 PM
Your Acting Like A Dickhead!!

killerinstinct
06-06-2006, 02:45 AM
your actin like a bit of a dick head mate.you bloody well understand me?

Riverspeed2d
06-06-2006, 03:16 PM
I think Matt is doing a 'Rashad' and keeping his true ability hidden till the semi-final or the final. There's no one there that's a true BJJ expert to attempt and control his wrestling attack, so Bisping is gonna have to have some serious take down defence and really be accurate and cautious with his striking. Some people mentioned that he fights alot like Fedor Emelianenko. What do you think?

Afro
06-06-2006, 03:29 PM
I think Matt is doing a 'Rashad' and keeping his true ability hidden till the semi-final or the final. There's no one there that's a true BJJ expert to attempt and control his wrestling attack, so Bisping is gonna have to have some serious take down defence and really be accurate and catious with his striking. Some people mentioned that he fights alot like Fedor Emelianenko. What do you think?
I Think Matt is too banged up to beat Bisping, hes gonna have trouble takin him down and hes gonna get pounded on before that anyways I think Matt still makes it to the UFC.. but he doesnt beat Bisping

and Rory damn sure aint beatin no one.

killerinstinct
06-06-2006, 04:01 PM
I Think Matt is too banged up to beat Bisping, hes gonna have trouble takin him down and hes gonna get pounded on before that anyways I think Matt still makes it to the UFC.. but he doesnt beat Bisping

and Rory damn sure aint beatin no one.
if they fight in the finals matt won't be banged up b/c these things are pre-taped.

Afro
06-06-2006, 04:16 PM
if they fight in the finals matt won't be banged up b/c these things are pre-taped.
thats true, so it would be even from there.. and a great fight my money is still on Bisping.

Kimuras"R"Us
06-06-2006, 04:17 PM
I think Jesse is the real wild card at this point in the show. He looked great in his fight against Noah, he just got caught in a submission, could've happened to anyone. I'm not totally sold on Jesse's skills as a fighter by any stretch of the imagination, I just think he might have a little more skill than a lot of people think .

Anthony
06-06-2006, 07:07 PM
your actin like a bit of a dick head mate.you bloody well understand me?

Saul is right, were all acting like a bunch of bastards, and im the biggest one, im a wanker. :grinsmile3:

mattsoper
06-06-2006, 07:39 PM

Was that comment towards me???

Anthony
06-06-2006, 07:59 PM
No. Bisping has said that....many times.

killerinstinct
06-06-2006, 11:59 PM
I think Jesse is the real wild card at this point in the show. He looked great in his fight against Noah, he just got caught in a submission, could've happened to anyone. I'm not totally sold on Jesse's skills as a fighter by any stretch of the imagination, I just think he might have a little more skill than a lot of people think .
i don't think that could've happened to anyone.that armbar attempt was slopppy and slow.jesse had plenty of time to try and defend instead he acts like a fucking retart and trys to pull out of it and gets his arm fully extended in the armbar.

Kimuras"R"Us
06-08-2006, 12:22 AM
He's young and inexperienced. You're right though that arm bar was very slow and he did the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do when being put in one. But I think he learns from that... you can't deny the kid has a lot of talent he's just very green right now.

LA Suxs
06-08-2006, 02:00 AM
Matt will bring it home to USA wrestling, and after go represent the UFC in the Olympics
:wav:

Afro
06-08-2006, 02:02 AM
Matt will bring it home to USA wrestling, and after go represent the UFC in the Olympics
:wav:
we'll see tomorrow..

AJS
06-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Usa...usa...usa... I Don't Like Him!!! I Belive He Hurt His Arm In Practice On Purpose. I Would Love To Whoop His Ass & I Know I Could!!!!

Kimuras"R"Us
06-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Usa...usa...usa... I Don't Like Him!!! I Belive He Hurt His Arm In Practice On Purpose. I Would Love To Whoop His Ass & I Know I Could!!!!

Yeah sure buddy... The only think you'd whip his ass at is a "Have the Most Dated Wrestling Catchphrases in Your Signature Contest"...

ddoggma
06-09-2006, 03:12 PM
He is the cream of the crop,at his weight on the show. It's a no brainer if you saw his fight.He looked like a natural fighter in there. With alot of skillz. He will be tough oponent for anybody he fights for the next couple years, I guess.

At first I didn't like alot of the people on the show. But after you watch a couple shows you can see, their human side and understand them a bit more. Hell, even big Ken is growing on me. I want him to beat Tito now. Mostly cause I'm an old guy...lol:grinsmile1:

Riverspeed2d
06-15-2006, 09:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztycYGJyX3Q&search=michael%20bisping

Check this out, it's one of Bisping old fights in England, of course we don't have the class of the UFC nor do the ring girls look it, but Hey..?
He does that famous laugh of his here as well at the end of the clip.

nole
06-16-2006, 04:17 PM
michael is fucking sick

ddoggma
06-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Josh put up a hell of a fight. The brit is way more rounded and in shape etc, But he was right with him till the end.

psychomikex
06-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Mike B. deserved to win. He was the best prepared all-around fighter. Too bad Matt didn't stay healthy. That would have been a great fight.

nole
06-25-2006, 03:18 PM
i think in one year bisping will be a good fight for chuck.

killerinstinct
06-25-2006, 03:20 PM
i think in one year bisping will be a good fight for chuck.
one year?wow!Only time will tell ,but if he can get rocked by Haynes and pointon he can get KTFO by Chuck.

nole
06-25-2006, 03:39 PM
one year?wow!Only time will tell ,but if he can get rocked by Haynes and pointon he can get KTFO by Chuck.
ya but i thought he took 2 knockout shots and still was composed, one from ross and one from josh. I think that if anyone has a chance in the future to beat chuck it is him. just my opinion

killerinstinct
06-25-2006, 05:03 PM
ya but i thought he took 2 knockout shots and still was composed, one from ross and one from josh. I think that if anyone has a chance in the future to beat chuck it is him. just my opinion
i'm may get some crap for this ,but i think with time jardine could beat chuck. in no way is he the best LHW ,but i think with a good game he could beat chuck.chuck lost the 3rd round against horn b/c of leg kicks.tito had a good leg kick or two in their fight and i think keith could go in there keep his distance and just keep throwing leg kicks.chuck rarely checks leg kicks and i think that's a key to victory for a lot of fighters.

killerinstinct
06-25-2006, 05:06 PM
ya but i thought he took 2 knockout shots and still was composed,
Yeah he has an alright chin ,but Chuck hits a hell of a lot harder than Josh and Ross.Bisping wouldn't have been able to take a Knock out shot from Chuck I doubt anyone could take a knock out shot from Chuck.(Maybe Cabbage,horn,or some other HW.)

nole
06-26-2006, 03:14 AM
ya i dont think he is ready to fight him yet but i think he has the most pontential of all the LHW to take his title someday

Hypergit
07-07-2006, 08:00 AM
I tend to agree that Chuck would currently KO Bisping, but by no means guaranteed - Bisping being the more rounded fighter he would have at least a 30% chance IMO, raising to 90% if he can avoid the KO for 5 rounds.

What interests me is the perception that he was rocked by Ross and Josh. I'm not so sure... he is clearly a patient fighter and I think he was merely erring on the side of caution when he backed off after those shots. Why risk standing toe to toe with pure strikers if u'v taken a shot?... better and wiser to take your time and reduce the KO possibility. Would that tactic work vs the onslaught of Chuck?... maybe not, but it sure as hell was his best tactic against Josh & Ross even if it made him appear hurt.

?

git.

duran
07-07-2006, 01:29 PM
I think you are right about his reaction to getting hit. I think it was his way of acknowledging that he got tagged and that it was time to put his game on and his cue to start getting serious.

I think Chuck would destroy him now in very short order. I don't think Bisbing wants any parts of him right now. In two years when Chuck loses a little fire and some reflexes, heck yeah it would be a great fight. Bisbing has great skill, but needs a couple of spectacular knockouts in the next two years to raise his stock, since this makes for good highlights. UFC will build him up steadily with the right opponents because they know they have someone who can sell tickets. The guy has a high ceiling both as a fighter and as a seller of tickets and PPV's.

killerinstinct
07-07-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm sure he was rocked by Ross and Haynes.He took a hard shot from both of them.He stepped away from them to regain his composure.If it didn't rock him there would really be no reason for him to step away.

Hypergit
07-08-2006, 10:47 AM
agree with much of what you say duran, although I don't think -very- short order. Chuck would have problems on the floor assuming Bisping's BJJ doesn't allow him to stand up easily, and standing (if he has to - lol Tito) he is clearly no mug. I think 2 years is just about right like you say though - no way could or should the fight happen now for several reasons.

Killer, he backed away from Josh each time a punch more than grazed him (evidence for my belief) - which shot do you think hurt him? Ross's shot did look painful, and he did say that he was nearly out, but maybe he was simply trying to commiserate him to avoid the uncomfortable sight and sound of gladiator-sized tears.

You see no reason why he would step away unless rocked. I suggest the reason was to -avoid- getting rocked, at least in Josh's case. You get hit, you're off balance slightly with a puncher looking down your ear hole - you get out of the way asafp.

git.

ddoggma
07-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Ross and Joshs' shots were love taps compared to chucks. Plus he uses combos and throws a proper punch ie:crisp.faststraight,,hard. Then he get your head moving the opposite direction, for the KO.No comparison. Bisping aint gonna win a standup vs Chuck anytime soon. I like the Brit , but his time is next year, late summer or fall.:devil:

sgthorse
07-08-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm sure he was rocked by Ross and Haynes.He took a hard shot from both of them.He stepped away from them to regain his composure.If it didn't rock him there would really be no reason for him to step away.
you ever been in a fight how could you say that? especially against a wild puncher like josh haynes the only way to lick a guy like that is with composure and patience stand there in front of him and risk getting hit with a wild punch! i can almost bet you have been in alot of fights and you know how hard it can be to fight a guy who has no training like haynes becuase they are so unorthodox and wild that you have to be more careful!

#1taz
07-11-2006, 05:34 AM
You all have made some good points...Bisbing is by far the best well-rounded MMA fighter to come out of TUF 3...but I really don't think he is ready to face Chuck or anyone with his quality of stand-up striking skills yet.

If Chuck tags him and he is still standing...backing off and figuring out what to do isn't an option at all because Chuck is very good at seizing opportunities like that and keeping the pressure on once he lands a good solid punch on an opponent.

Plus Chuck has trained himself intensely to strike from very unpredictable angles with extremely hard shots...and does it with such awesome speed and intensity that it just would overwhelm Bisbing too quickly.

With a few more wins under his belt over some good fast strikers...then maybe Bisbing has a chance...but he really needs to work more on his stand-up defense first.

Because if if a guy like Ross or Josh can get through his defenses and tag him enough to make him back off...Chuck would just knock his head off, pounce on him, and pound him.

But I also have to agree...if Bisbing trains well, stays healthy, and gets a little more seasoned and experienced without any losses...he is going to have a good solid future in MMA.

air biscuit
07-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Bisping hasn't even fought in a proper UFC match yet, so I think it's a little early to start talking about him fighting Liddel anytime soon - not until next year, at least, and that's assuming Chuck will still be champ then.

That being said, I'm thoroughly impressed with Bisping. He's a smart guy, and I think he's going to do well. I think the whole Matt Hamill situation was overblown on purpose by Spike to create drama for the TV show. Tito's a great fighter, but I think his judgment as a talent scout is questionable, at best. Let's face it, both of Matt's perfomances were very average. That's not to say that maybe Matt can't make it one day in the UFC, but if they were really trying to make him out to be some kind of monster, then they sure didn't do him any justice by airing those two mediocre performances. Bisping is a much more polished fighter, and I think he would have thoroughly destroyed Matt, had they fought.

I have no doubt that Bisping can hold his own against a good striker, so I'd love to see Bisping get tested by some ground and pound experts. If he can survive that, then I think he's probably ready to face the upper tier fighters.

I'd actually love to see him face Forrest Griffin sometime down the road.

Hypergit
07-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Interesting Matt Hamill tangent. I also believe Bisping would have destroyed him. I think Tito knew this too.

I'll go out on a limb here...

Matt Hamill's deafness has the same niche marketability as Bisping's Britishness. I think that is why they pulled him out of the tournament with a resounding, "he's the best fighter here - we will make him a star." If they fed him to an agitated Bisping his credibility/marketability would have disappeard in round 1 with a KO or, even more ammusingly, a BJJ submission whilst wrestling. In short, Tito is not a poor talent scout, but a shrewd marketer. Bisping even sub'd Tito a couple of times in training - I wonder if Matt did? hrm...

regarding a Forest fight, that would be a war and absolutely must happen - preferably early '07.

git.

#1taz
07-13-2006, 07:56 AM
Yeah..Bisbing vs. Griffin would be a good fight...but Tito will probably get a rematch with Forest first.

Maybe they should give Bisbing a fight with Bonnar in the meantime.

Then we could all see the "psycho" get dominated and "count" him out of the ufc ...lol

LethalStriker
07-13-2006, 05:16 PM
There are rumors of him fighting on the August 17th card.

jmack123
07-14-2006, 05:08 PM
i cant wait to see The count fight, does anyone know when he is gonna be fighting

killerinstinct
07-14-2006, 11:35 PM
i cant wait to see The count fight, does anyone know when he is gonna be fighting
I don't know you could check the rumors page at www.mmaweekly.com