PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers dirty play does it AGAIN

TheBonger
08-19-2007, 04:27 PM
What the fuck? You dont lunge at a QB's knee ever but too do it in a fucking preseason game? Get the fuck outta here, that was a dirty ass play and that DE should be suspended and fined. Luckily for us it was a bruised knee and there is no apparent ligament damage.

Mac
08-19-2007, 04:46 PM
I didn't know Rodney Harrison played for the Steelers.

sandywh
08-19-2007, 10:38 PM
I hate the freakin' Steelers, but i do respect the long standing tradition they have....

Chop block our defense, we chop block your QB. Eye for an Eye.

Its not fair, its not cool, but it is the way they play. Honestly, if I played at that level, I'd adopt the same philosophy.

mattc25
08-21-2007, 12:05 AM
....I really did not think he was intentionally going for his knee tbh,it`s football,shit happens. He was blocked low and his momentum took him in that direction. I can understand your beef it`s your team and I would prob be pissed too.

JPeezy
08-21-2007, 04:24 PM
NFL Football rules have gone pussy. When a 300 lb man is running full steam and has to make a quick turn to tackle a QB he can't stop his momentum if he slips.

Keisel stumbled and hit the QB squarely in the hip (look at the photos). You cant hit a QB above the chest or below the belt. They should just play flag football with QB's if they are going to make rules like that.

While they are at it they need to outlaw CB blitzes. A 5'10 180 Cb isn't going to be able to sack a 6'5 250 QB unless he goes low and wraps up his legs. If he tries to hit him in the chest the QB will just shake him off...

TheBonger
08-21-2007, 06:23 PM
NFL Football rules have gone pussy. When a 300 lb man is running full steam and has to make a quick turn to tackle a QB he can't stop his momentum if he slips.

Keisel stumbled and hit the QB squarely in the hip (look at the photos). You cant hit a QB above the chest or below the belt. They should just play flag football with QB's if they are going to make rules like that.

While they are at it they need to outlaw CB blitzes. A 5'10 180 Cb isn't going to be able to sack a 6'5 250 QB unless he goes low and wraps up his legs. If he tries to hit him in the chest the QB will just shake him off...

bullshit, he Keisel dived at his knees from behind. You dont do that in preseason football, he is not a rookie trying too make the team he should know better.

Afro
08-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Blitzing in Preseason = dirty

sandywh
08-22-2007, 12:32 AM
I'd edit that just a bit....
Blitzing 3rd & 4th stringers in preason = Dirty

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z270/sandywh/Penn5.gif

eazye76
08-23-2007, 09:52 PM
I know what your saying, but I see the other side of the coin. You've got guys like Jim Johnson(DC Eagles) and Wade Phillips(Dallas) who are defensive minds who depend heavily on their blitz packages, mostly bringing pressure w/ the linebackers. These guys have to know what they have, especially a new guy like Phillips. I'm not saying you have to kill the QB, but I think it's good to blitz, that way the defense gets to test out their packages, and the offense gets to feel some real pressure.
I think it's the Contact we need to worry about and not the entire idea of blitzing. Basically I'm saying run the blitz, but don't hurt the QB, or anybody else in the preseason.