PDA

View Full Version : Amateur Kickboxing

sousuke22
08-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Hey, I don't know if this is the proper section to put this thread in but o-well.

My name's Steve and I've been training in Tamajutsu for about a year and a half now, and I trained in Tae Kwon Do for 2 years (Useless style, i know). Anyways, I'm interested in eventually fighting in MMA at a professional level, but I wanted to start out fighting in amateur kickboxing matches, then possibly work my way up to pro kickboxing. One problem, I don't know how to find amateur kickboxing tournaments in my area, and by area i mean within New England, and if I do find them how do I enter them?

Do I have to be licensed or something? If anyone can answer these questions using their own experience as an amateur kickboxer I'd appreciate it.

kaisq11
08-20-2007, 07:46 PM
http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/
http://www.uskba.com

sousuke22
08-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the info. So apparently you do have to have a license, good to know.

This really sucks though, I looked at all of the events on the IKF site and none of them are in New England or even near New England. How to kickboxers in the Boston area get to fight in local events?

Is anyone on this forum from my area or is there a directory for kickboxing events?

kaisq11
08-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the info. So apparently you do have to have a license, good to know.

This really sucks though, I looked at all of the events on the IKF site and none of them are in New England or even near New England. How to kickboxers in the Boston area get to fight in local events?

Is anyone on this forum from my area or is there a directory for kickboxing events?
did u try the uskbs website. they have Amateur kickboxing and mma in Jersey all the time. dats prob the closest to u

sousuke22
08-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Yeah I did, it just seems like there's got to be more local events than that. Otherwise why would there be so many kickboxing and mma gyms in MA.

Frasedog
08-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Yeah I did, it just seems like there's got to be more local events than that. Otherwise why would there be so many kickboxing and mma gyms in MA.
Start there. Ask around at local gyms. Where do they compete? That's your best bet.