PDA

View Full Version : Getting slagged for arguing...

King Fisher
08-21-2007, 05:45 AM
I'm getting a little pissed at members who neg rep you because you try to argue a point and they take it personally.

Very frustrating! :banghead:

2mcgrath
08-21-2007, 05:56 AM
do the arguments turn into flamewars,or are they just arguments.i could see if it was a flamewar, but not just an argument

neonatural45
08-21-2007, 05:58 AM
did I neg you? I cant remember lol

King Fisher
08-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Yea, it sucks, but there is always going to be that on asshole out there that does the shit.

Take the good with the bad, and just remember if you are a good post it will show.

Anywho, what post were you neg'd for?

http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?p=262496#post262496

the second quote was apparently worth a cuss out in the rep comments

neonatural45
08-21-2007, 06:01 AM
you pretty much said that his opinion was just a shitty copy of your opinion. Do you not see how someone could take that the wrong way?

King Fisher
08-21-2007, 06:03 AM
thats not what it means at all...

It just means he said what I said in a much simpler way. I was actually trying to compliment his ability to get to the point

neonatural45
08-21-2007, 06:06 AM
thats not what it means at all...

It just means he said what I said in a much simpler way. I was actually trying to compliment his ability to get to the point

misunderstanding??:confusedsmilie:

when you use big words like that some could mistake the meaning. He probably thought you meant that was just a lazy version of your post

King Fisher
08-21-2007, 06:09 AM
misunderstanding??:confusedsmilie:

when you use big words like that some could mistake the meaning. He probably thought you meant that was just a lazy version of your post

lol what have we learned?

use little words.

Just wondering if anyone else is running into this problem?

Submissionist
08-21-2007, 07:03 AM
How many times have you been neg'd in 160 posts?

2mcgrath
08-21-2007, 07:10 AM
lol what have we learned?

use little words.

Just wondering if anyone else is running into this problem?

no so far so good for me.come to think of it ive never been neg'ed yet.and hope it stays that way.i have seen others talking about getting neg'ed though

neonatural45
08-21-2007, 07:13 AM
i dont think ive ever been neg'd unless I neg'd the other person first (so still quite a few lol), I have a bunch of white reps that could have been attempted negs but meh It really doesnt bother me enough to make a thread

Legend
08-21-2007, 07:22 AM
I'm getting a little pissed at members who neg rep you because you try to argue a point and they take it personally.

Very frustrating! :banghead:

I disagree. Neg'd

Palma
08-21-2007, 08:41 AM
http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?p=262496#post262496

the second quote was apparently worth a cuss out in the rep comments

I would have negged you as well. What was the point of your reply other then to try and make yourself look smarter then him? It added nothing to the thread other then calling him out.

Besides, your reply wasn't warrented. You took a single line out of a three paragragh post and took it out of context by making him sound simple as if that single line was all he wrote.

I don't want to flame with people anymore so take this for what it is worth: Be a man and quit crying about your rep, especially if you are making a point of comparing your superior posts to what other people have to say.

King Fisher
08-21-2007, 02:17 PM
I would have negged you as well. What was the point of your reply other then to try and make yourself look smarter then him? It added nothing to the thread other then calling him out.

Besides, your reply wasn't warrented. You took a single line out of a three paragragh post and took it out of context by making him sound simple as if that single line was all he wrote.

I don't want to flame with people anymore so take this for what it is worth: Be a man and quit crying about your rep, especially if you are making a point of comparing your superior posts to what other people have to say.

Telling someone they looked at something in a less analytical way in NO WAY suggests I am smarter than anyone. If you noticed i even referred to my post as junk to try and avoid being accused of knocking his post. If you dont know what he word means, how can you accuse me of talking shit?

I'm not crying about my rep first of all, I just think it's shitty if you use a word someone doesnt understand, they can neg you and chew you out in the comments.

Clint
08-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Like a few others have said it happens, theres not much we can do to stop if but if you're a good poster it all works itself out in the end anyways.

Noob
08-21-2007, 08:19 PM
If you're a good poster it all works itself out in the end anyways.

I think that´s the golden phrase here. Negging happens. If you´re a good poster then the good will outweigh the bad.

In my time here with rep, I have noticed a few things. 1: People who are negged ´generally´deserve it. Generally. And those that complain about it are generally getting enough of it that they are doing something to earn it.

Now, don´t come sending me a pm telling me that this didn´t apply to you if you´re not in that generalization. Take it for that it´s worth.