PDA

View Full Version : New reputation system?

Storm442
08-21-2007, 03:36 PM
So, it looks like the Reputation system has been modified .. what's the new distribution system?

(i.e. if someone has 100 reps how many points does he give out when repping someone? Negging someone?)

I searched the FAQ and recent rep theads and saw nothing...

Thanks,
~Storm

Clint
08-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Reputation Factor settings (how much you give or take):
*Start: 1 point
*+1 for every year that you have been a member
*+1 for every 1000 posts that you have
*+1 for 150 rep you have

It bumped up from +1 for every 50 to +1 for every 150. People were gaining too much rep power too quick. hell they were giving out more than the Admins

Storm442
08-21-2007, 03:44 PM
Got it.. thanks for the quick reply !

Submissionist
08-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Also, the requirment to get into the Pic/video section is now 50 rep points.

Change the description below video/pics forum name, it still says rep of 30 is needed. That will cause confusion for new users.

Legend
08-21-2007, 03:52 PM

I still think it should be higher but whatever. It's the admins call.

twankydawg
08-21-2007, 04:24 PM
I thought so too, but then I was thinking about it, and what has happend, is that all the lurkers that were just feeding off the vid section posted enough to get 30 rep. now they have quick posting again. Now they will have to get 50 reps on a much harder system of getting reps.

Basicly the reason why we only raised it to 50 so that when the lurkers get there 50 rep points and start not to post and just leaching again, we will raise it once again.

*Evil Laugh*

You evil bastard, you're conspiring to rid us of the lurkers................I like it! :devil:

2mcgrath
08-21-2007, 04:43 PM
I thought so too, but then I was thinking about it, and what has happend, is that all the lurkers that were just feeding off the vid section posted enough to get 30 rep. now they have quick posting again. Now they will have to get 50 reps on a much harder system of getting reps.

Basicly the reason why we only raised it to 50 so that when the lurkers get there 50 rep points and start not to post and just leaching again, we will raise it once again.

*Evil Laugh*

sounds good,i figured thats the way it would be once they got enough rep they would quit posting again.i mean thats the only reason some are here is for the vids section only.i think alot of ones that got into the vids that are now back out will be pissed lol.but who gives a shit about them.and this is a great idea

Jza
08-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Hmmm I hope it doesn't go up too much lol I only have about 100 rep points lol and I rarely get any more lol.
Does that make me like a semi-lurker cos people don't know who I am but I know all you guys lol

Noob
08-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Hmmm I hope it doesn't go up too much lol I only have about 100 rep points lol and I rarely get any more lol.
Does that make me like a semi-lurker cos people don't know who I am but I know all you guys lol

Lol.

I think you'll be all right.

Storm442
08-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Lol.

I think you'll be all right.
Plus, just one "Rep-Shot" from Noob and you'll be ready to go again !!

;)

Jon-E-Law
08-23-2007, 01:44 PM
the new rep system is a little off kilter wouldnt you say I was on a distinguised road and now one to two points for every rep it will take 8 years to get to 1000.and I like my rep im a bit of a rep whore lol I want rep who doesnt make it 100 not 150 thnx

Jza
08-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Ok you're gonna get rep jus for your sig no doubt lol
Wouldnt it be funny if they were both guys . . .

Jon-E-Law
08-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm on here atleast 4 hours a day it was gonna take me six months to get to 500 at the rate I was going now u just made it a year and a half seriously.people are getting rep for their contributions and intellectual feedback and cutting it down is un warented if ur going to raise it make it 100 rep for a point and 500 posts for a point 500 is a lot of posting think about it. also would a mod please respond thnx

Clint
08-23-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm on here atleast 4 hours a day it was gonna take me six months to get to 500 at the rate I was going now u just made it a year and a half seriously.people are getting rep for their contributions and intellectual feedback and cutting it down is un warented if ur going to raise it make it 100 rep for a point and 500 posts for a point 500 is a lot of posting think about it. also would a mod please respond thnx

When we do that people gain too much rep power though, we had people giving out (and took) almost 30 points with one rep. That's just too much since the limit to get into vids is only 50. After 50 though the rep really isn't a big issue.

Jon-E-Law
08-23-2007, 08:53 PM
When we do that people gain too much rep power though, we had people giving out (and took) almost 30 points with one rep. That's just too much since the limit to get into vids is only 50. After 50 though the rep really isn't a big issue.
well why don't you put a cap on the rep like 15 or 20 then raise then raise the pic and vids section to 100 there is abetter way just think about it

Clint
08-23-2007, 08:59 PM
There is no way to put a cap on the rep sp it just keeps going higher.

Jon-E-Law
08-23-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm on my cell phone so I can't really see everything but is my sig gone.then what about raiseing the pics and vids section it just seems like all the big boys are grandfatherd in to legendary status and above a mod said people are giving out more rep then them. I personaly have repd mods and contribute to the site almost every chance I get and none of them have ever repd me again I'm not trying to bitch alright I am lol

Submissionist
08-23-2007, 09:23 PM
^^^ You give white rep to mods(j/k)

Why are you worried about rep anyway? You can make threads in the main forum and can see the vids section. So I don't get all the whining.

Jon-E-Law
08-23-2007, 09:31 PM
lol i give out white rep to everyone lol no for real do you know how dominant your 1000 looks just a perk that i feel was ripped from my grasp lol idk just want to get to dominant staus its like raising the driving age to 18 when u were just about to turn 16

2mcgrath
08-23-2007, 10:55 PM
lol i give out white rep to everyone lol no for real do you know how dominant your 1000 looks just a perk that i feel was ripped from my grasp lol idk just want to get to dominant staus its like raising the driving age to 18 when u were just about to turn 16

lol,ive been here right at a year almost and im not at 1000.im alittle over 600.i get rep quiet often and do like getting it lol.i guess ill get to 1000 when i get there.i hope to be here for lots more years to come.so when i earn up to 1000 i will know im doing something right lol..i really dont look at rep that much on other people.ive been here long enough to know the good posters so i dont pay any attention to how their 1000 looks against my 500.hell who knows you may pass me up in rep.but it wont bother me lol.i think you are a good poster and will get up rep in no time.hell ive rep'ed you myself before

King Fisher
08-23-2007, 11:14 PM
quick question, I just went to rep someone and it said i couldnt that i needed to spread the rep around... whats that all about?

2mcgrath
08-23-2007, 11:15 PM
quick question, I just went to rep someone and it said i couldnt that i needed to spread the rep around... whats that all about?

you have to rep atleast 10 different people before you can rep that person again.also you can only give out 10 reps a day

mauladala
08-24-2007, 02:49 AM
Reputation Factor settings (how much you give or take):
*Start: 1 point
*+1 for every year that you have been a member
*+1 for every 1000 posts that you have
*+1 for 150 rep you have

It bumped up from +1 for every 50 to +1 for every 150. People were gaining too much rep power too quick. hell they were giving out more than the Admins
lol! Not that he wasn't already- but with the +1 per 1,000 posts combined with the other factors, do you realize you've made Afro one of the most, if not the most powerful poster here in terms of giving and taking rep points?

Afro= "Phenomenal cosmic powers!!! Iiiitty bitty living space."

neonatural45
08-24-2007, 02:58 AM
besides having enough rep to see the vid section and post new threads I really dont see what the big deal is. I dont look at peoples rep to judge how knowledgable they are about mma

Noob
08-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Afro= "Phenomenal cosmic powers!!! Iiiitty bitty living space."

Aladdin.

Legend
08-24-2007, 11:57 AM

I was hitting people for well over 40 right before these changes were made. I thought it was way too much and that's why I rarely neg'd anyone.

Storm442
08-24-2007, 12:36 PM
On some boards I visit, the NEG power is 1/2 of your POS rep power.
That is, if I can pos rep someone 4 points, then my neg power would be 2 points.

Not sure how much granular control you have over the rep system on these boards.

Noob
08-24-2007, 04:31 PM
On some boards I visit, the NEG power is 1/2 of your POS rep power.
That is, if I can pos rep someone 4 points, then my neg power would be 2 points.

Not sure how much granular control you have over the rep system on these boards.

It's the same here. You neg half of what you positive rep.

Except for the mods. We neg and pos. rep the same.

twankydawg
08-24-2007, 05:08 PM
It's the same here. You neg half of what you positive rep.

Except for the mods. We neg and pos. rep the same.

Cheaters! :angrrry:

:bant:

j/k!

leedogg900
08-24-2007, 10:48 PM
how about adding some levels between 1000 and 2000

for how slowly u gain rep now it will probably take me 2 years or more to get to 2000. maybe some levels inbetween like 1250+ 1500+ 1750+

what the hell twanky how did u get infinity rep. die!

mauladala
08-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Aladdin.
Werd.

supra7366
08-25-2007, 09:48 PM

Great I been a member for years now I gotta hav rep to get the vids, fuck mma news

Submissionist
08-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Great I been a member for years now I gotta hav rep to get the vids, fuck mma news

Good first post after being a member for a year.

Storm442
08-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Great I been a member for years now I gotta hav rep to get the vids, fuck mma newsGotta contribute, kid! This shit ain't free... LOL

valheruking
08-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Its people like supra that really make this site

or not, whatever.

Storm442
08-26-2007, 01:56 AM
One final question:

If a post/thread gets deleted -like UFC 74 thread that "The Sundance Kid" deleted here (http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=14076)
does our rep get deleted (like the post count does?)

Just curious.
And if it's true, please have Sundance kid + Clint re-rep me !!

valheruking
08-26-2007, 01:59 AM
One final question:

If a post/thread gets deleted -like UFC 74 thread that "The Sundance Kid" deleted here

Just curious.

Yeah you're right man it must be deleted i was repped 2 times in that thread and now its gone.

2mcgrath
08-26-2007, 02:02 AM

well see the catch is you gotta post in threads and what not.thats why its called a fucking discussion board.trolling wont get you shit

Storm442
08-26-2007, 02:18 AM
well see the catch is you gotta post in threads and what not.thats why its called a fucking discussion board.trolling wont get you shitLOL, you get 'em !!!

Noob
08-27-2007, 04:15 AM

Great, you´ve been a member for years and you post only now because your precious video supply has been cut off.

The feeling´s mutual. Goodbye.

Jza
08-27-2007, 05:43 AM
You do have to remember some people do like reading peoples opinions without expressing their own.
I find it is rare that I will hold a discussion on here unless I am discussing my fights or thankins someone for providing videos.
I'm not trying to get on at anybody merely saying that some jus enjoy reading and staying in the background.

Clint
08-27-2007, 07:31 AM
One final question:

If a post/thread gets deleted -like UFC 74 thread that "The Sundance Kid" deleted here (http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=14076)

Just curious.
it looks as if you do. We've just never run into it before. I rerepped you though.

Storm442
08-27-2007, 12:35 PM
It's all good now.
Thanks guys!

:)

TravelinMonty
08-28-2007, 06:41 PM

I agree... But I feel like I missed the boat. My wife was ill this summer and I didn't have much time on.... and now I'm building rep a point at a time... when similar posters have like 1000 rep.

ce la vie... the only time I was frustrated was when i was locked out of the stream for this weekend.

jbart321
09-14-2007, 08:24 PM
You do have to remember some people do like reading peoples opinions without expressing their own.
I find it is rare that I will hold a discussion on here unless I am discussing my fights or thankins someone for providing videos.
I'm not trying to get on at anybody merely saying that some jus enjoy reading and staying in the background.

Thanks for saying this cause this is how I feel. I don't have the time to post 40 messages a day, but I do like to come here often (like 3 times a day to see news) and it gets me nothing. Posting shouldn't cause loyal forum members to be penalized. I feel like I have to just post some crappy message as much as I can to get repped. That's BS.

OMNIpotus
09-14-2007, 08:38 PM
I believe that if you ignore someone you lose any rep they have given you, positive or negative. Not that I know anything about that...:fingersmilie:

In America, first you get the rep. Then you get the power. Then you get... the womens.

Noob
09-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks for saying this cause this is how I feel. I don't have the time to post 40 messages a day, but I do like to come here often (like 3 times a day to see news) and it gets me nothing. Posting shouldn't cause loyal forum members to be penalized. I feel like I have to just post some crappy message as much as I can to get repped. That's BS.

If all you come on here for is the news, then you shouldn't need rep.

Bullock
09-14-2007, 08:54 PM
In America, first you get the rep. Then you get the power. Then you get... the womens.

lol nice

Noob
09-14-2007, 09:01 PM
lol nice

Lol, yes, I like him as well. The cut of his jib is good.