PDA

View Full Version : Should Vick be allowed to play football again?

scottsec
08-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Alot of people are very disgusted with this entire situation. Most seem to think Vick should be banned from the NFL fof life. I personally think MV is a peice of shit but banned for life??? Im sure there are several players in the NFL that have had a few DUI and people die every year because of drinking and driving. I say punish MV in the courts suspend him and when the man has served his time give him a second chance.

Noise Chopped
08-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Yea, look - I think the guy is a fucking embarassment. A thoroughly, fucking disgusting embarassment that can't be defended. A brute, a savage, and (worst of all) a LIAR. A lying piece of shit that I regret having supported in the past, and had held my toungue about during this whole thing.

But now that it's no longer a situation of "alleged" or "innocent until proven" such and such, FUCK HIM.

Having said all that...Banned for life? I don't know. Too much, if you ask me. I think the fact he's been proven to be a lying, community tearing, guilty piece of garbage and will pay for it dearly's enough. I think being suspended for at least a year, on top of the year + he'll spend in prison, and all the baggage that would come WITH that (whether any team would take him, his physical shape, the flack he'll carry with him forever) - I sincerely believe that's enough. More than enough, in fact. Sufficient. I'm content with all that. I don't need to see the guy dragged even further down the muddy slope. There's a fine line, and I think banning him from playing in the NFL forever would be crossing it.

sandywh
08-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Absolutely Mike Vick should have the opportunity to play in the NFL. He does not deserve to have that right stripped away from him because of these charges or any jail time he may serve. Hell, Ray Lewis, and Lenard Little are still playing. However, I also think that the NFL owners should decide NOT to sign him.

I'm all for second chances, however I also come from the thought that we are all in charge of our own lives. That is until we break the rules, then we must live the rest of our lives at the "mercy" of society. There are no laws that say we have to hire cons. Some people do (for a variety of reasons), but noone is required to. We are not required to trust a proven liar, or any other wrong doer. And the same goes for Vick. He should be allowed to be reinstated, and then IF someone wants to take that risk, thats on them. But I personally wouldn't sign him, and I would not support any team that does.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z270/sandywh/Pride3.gif

Punk Ass
08-22-2007, 08:03 AM
I feel, in a sick twisted way, he didn't think he was wrong. He probably grew up around that type of stuff all the time. Hell, when I was a kid growing up, people I knew were fighting dogs all the time. I think it may be one custom of young urban life.

I feel jail time, and the loss of endorsers are more than enough punishment, and I'm sure he would never do this again. Give he another chance.

Clint
08-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Yeah by the time he serves his federal punishment, his possible Virginia state punishments, and an additional year or so suspension, if he is still in physical condition to play he should be allowed to. His career is irrepairably fucked anyways.

Gmunit
08-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Yes, BUT only in the CFL

When Ricky Williams was suspended from the NFL I bought season tickets to the Argos, it was a great year, and hope to see Vick come in 2 - 3 years LOL

billwilliams70
08-22-2007, 10:43 AM
When he gets out, I believe he's paid his debt to society, so I say sure (let him play ball), if he can when he gets out. I read yesterday that the state of Virginia could bring charges against him........that could amount to a 40 year stint.

Personally, I wish he would do every last bit of time that's given to him, and the more the better. I feel just about the same as Subj. & Noise Chopped does, but without the profanity. :D

Later.

Severn
08-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Seeing the ESPN video of Vick saying he likes animals (showing him playing with a dog) was really stomach turning when you read the actual charges that were brought against him. He has to live with that stigma for the rest of his life.

But once he's paid his debt to society (and the federal government is going after him hard so I really don't think he'll get the usual celeb slap on the wrist) he should be give the chance to proceed with his career. Whether or not he'll be able to pick-up where he left off is another thing entirely.

Mac
08-22-2007, 11:58 AM
I say no, I know people are gonna say they are only dogs, but he still murdered them in very violent and sick ways.

dan the man 67
08-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Look at what happened in the NHL a few years back when Todd Bertuzzi attacked a player (Steve Moore, I believe.....?) from behind, and pounded away on him while on his back, and basically ended that guy's career. Bertuzzi got suspended for a year, and his suspension was the year of the lockout, so he lost no playing time. Should he have been suspended for life? I think so - heck, he ended a guy's career, a guy's livelihood. He at least should have had his income garnished where some would go to the player who's career was ended.

Now with Vick, they claim he killed 8 dogs, and obviously participated in dog fighting. I certainly would not compare killing a dog to killing or paralyzing a person. After all, how many dogs are killed every single day by the SPCA? Granted, they do it in a humane way. I think a suspension is adequate, but I would like to see it for longer than 1 year, perhaps 2 - 3 years by the NFL. I'd also like to see him donate big time money to the SPCA, like 50% of his salary.

2mcgrath
08-22-2007, 02:21 PM
i agree, he is a big fucking peice of shit.i think he shouldnt be allowed to play anymore.and i dont give a fuck what happens to him.maybe he will be someones bitch in prison

jesusatemyhotdog
08-22-2007, 03:35 PM
I say that he should have to fight a pit bull. If he wins, resume career. If he loses, well it is pretty obvious.

dan the man 67
08-22-2007, 04:12 PM
I say that he should have to fight a pit bull. If he wins, resume career. If he loses, well it is pretty obvious.

LOL............perfect solution!

Severn
08-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Awesome.

http://centurysendsavior.com/VickJury.jpg

However it's missing Muttley.

Ubermensch
08-22-2007, 04:47 PM
I think he should not be able to play because a person in that industry should be held up to a higher expectation because of the money that is being made. That being said I also believe that Companys should have the right to hire whoever they want and Vick should have gotten a longer sentence for the Sociopathc actions that were done.

thumper
08-22-2007, 07:00 PM
First, i saw it mentioned he shouldn't have his right to play stripped.

The NFL is not a 'right' it's a privelage. And just like any other privelage you should have to uphold a certain amount of integrity to participate.

Look, he lost all his endorsements, he's going to spend a tiny bit of time in prison and hopefully lose every penny he has. No he should absolutely not be allowed to play.

The NFL is all about image right now. You can't compare the crimes of the other 2 or 3 guys that are felons with this. This is so morally corrupt there is no excuse.

I think you will find that vick will never play in the NFL again. But it has to come from the comission. Not the teams.

If they allow him to come back it will seriously hurt their own image and prove they have no moral compass.

error2k5
08-22-2007, 08:53 PM
It all depends on dictator goodell. I personally think he should be allowed to because of the nfl's history. If you look into it there have been guys that have done far worse things and were still allowed to keep their career's going afterwards.

sandywh
08-22-2007, 09:39 PM
I think he should not be able to play because a person in that industry should be held up to a higher expectation because of the money that is being made. That being said I also believe that Companys should have the right to hire whoever they want and Vick should have gotten a longer sentence for the Sociopathc actions that were done.

First, i saw it mentioned he shouldn't have his right to play stripped.
The NFL is not a 'right' it's a privelage. And just like any other privelage you should have to uphold a certain amount of integrity to participate.
Look, he lost all his endorsements, he's going to spend a tiny bit of time in prison and hopefully lose every penny he has. No he should absolutely not be allowed to play.
The NFL is all about image right now. You can't compare the crimes of the other 2 or 3 guys that are felons with this. This is so morally corrupt there is no excuse.
I think you will find that vick will never play in the NFL again. But it has to come from the comission. Not the teams.
If they allow him to come back it will seriously hurt their own image and prove they have no moral compass.
I would agree with you both if Ray Lewis and Leonard Little weren't still playing football.

Lewis was foung guilty of obstruction in a murder case. In legal terms that means he knows who did it, but won't tell. In my eyes that makes him just as guilty, whether he did the stabbing or not.

Little killed a woman. Its not like he killed her the first time he got behind the wheel loaded. He had had several convictions of DUI prior to that. That woman is dead. He killed her. Enough said.

You'd have to say that this is pretty morally corupt. And there is a fine line between priveledge and rights. The right to play is a priveledge, but every player in football is given that priveledge. If it were a right you and I could be suiting up.

All that said, I go back to my original point. I still don't think that the owners would sign him to a contrat anyway, but that needs to be on them, not the league or the government.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z270/sandywh/roidsmp6.jpg

Dork8503
08-22-2007, 09:58 PM
I would agree with you both if Ray Lewis and Leonard Little weren't still playing football.

Lewis was foung guilty of obstruction in a murder case. In legal terms that means he knows who did it, but won't tell. In my eyes that makes him just as guilty, whether he did the stabbing or not.

Little killed a woman. Its not like he killed her the first time he got behind the wheel loaded. He had had several convictions of DUI prior to that. That woman is dead. He killed her. Enough said.

You'd have to say that this is pretty morally corupt. And there is a fine line between priveledge and rights. The right to play is a priveledge, but every player in football is given that priveledge. If it were a right you and I could be suiting up.

All that said, I go back to my original point. I still don't think that the owners would sign him to a contrat anyway, but that needs to be on them, not the league or the government.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z270/sandywh/roidsmp6.jpg

Ray Lewis testifyed against his friends if i am not mistaken but he they were still found not guilty.

I am not saying his friends didnt so it, but they had no proof on who did it, i think people just said 3 black guys did it and boom Ray was with 2 friends so imo they were front runners.

But i dont know anything about Little so i cant say anything.

i fucking hate Vick for what he did, i love dogs an i think he should be ass raped for what he has done. But i think he should still be able to play just not for 2-3 seasons.

By then he will be shit broke, prob in debt, because he has lost all his endourcements, spent most of his money on legal fees and by the time 2 or 3 years are up he will fucking be begging to play again, on his hands an knees

mattc25
08-22-2007, 10:44 PM
...I don`t think any owner would take the chance of a public relations nightmare to sign him,if he did play again I think it would be something like receiver or running back. He was never a consistent QB to begin with just very athletic. It is sickening to me what he did,but what really saddens me more is how this is now become a racial thing. The majority of my black friends think what he did was no big deal "there just dogs" if it was Tom Brady I would think he is just as much the idiot as Vick.

...After Vick is done serving his prison sentence he still has to serve the NFL suspension and who knows how long that will be could be at least 1 to 3 years or a lifetime ban for the betting charge they were thinking of hitting him with.

leedogg900
08-22-2007, 10:57 PM
mike vick should be punished and punished severly. i would like to see him get 7 or more years in the pen. i love animals and the thought of pitting dogs to fight against each to the death makes me angry. i hope one of the big inmates rapes him thoroughly up the ass for 3 years straight. and when he gets out of jail i hope he is banned from the nfl and forced to play in the CFL or banned altogether.

oh and i also want the inmates to hold him down one night and bite him, bite him all over so he feels the pain of the dogs

Ubermensch
08-22-2007, 11:21 PM
And the Dilemma gets worse.

Pit bulls at Vick's house face deadline

By ZINIE CHEN SAMPSON, Associated Press Writer Wed Aug 22, 6:32 PM ET

RICHMOND, Va. - More than 50 pit bulls seized from Michael Vick's property face a Thursday deadline to be claimed. If no one comes forward, they could be euthanized.
ADVERTISEMENT

Federal prosecutors filed court documents last month to condemn 53 pit bulls seized in April as part of the investigation into dogfighting on the Vick's property. No one has claimed any of the dogs, which are being held at several unspecified shelters in eastern Virginia, the U.S. Attorney's office said Wednesday.

The civil complaint filed by federal prosecutors does not name the Atlanta Falcons quarterback and is separate from the criminal case against him. But it does state the pit bulls were part of the dogfighting operation known as "Bad Newz Kennels," which Vick and three cohorts are accused of operating.

Also included in the document are detailed allegations about the nature of the animals' training regimen and the dogfights occurring at Vick's property at 1915 Moonlight Road in Surry County.

The government filed three public civil forfeiture notices in a Richmond newspaper to publicize the dogs' confiscation, and the deadline for claims is 30 days after the appearance of the final notice, filed July 24.

Federal prosecutors declined to comment Wednesday on the seized dogs. Typically, when confiscated property goes unclaimed, the government asks the court to have the items declared forfeited. In this case, U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson will make the final decision on the dogs' fate.

"There's no dispute over who owns the dogs," said Daphna Nachminovitch, a spokeswoman for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. "Obviously this is not going to be a process where someone steps forward and says, 'This is my dog, can I have her back, please?' "

Though Hudson, who also is handling Vick's criminal case, will determine what becomes of the pit bulls, Nachminovitch said that it's likely that they will be euthanized because they're not adoptable as pets.

"These dogs are a ticking time bomb," she said. "Rehabilitating fighting dogs is not in the cards. It's widely accepted that euthanasia is the most humane thing for them."

Vick, 27, said through a lawyer this week that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. He is scheduled to enter his plea agreement Monday and could face up to five years in prison.

Three Vick associates have pleaded guilty to the conspiracy charge and agreed to testify against him if the case went to trial. They said Vick provided virtually all the gambling and operating funds for the Bad Newz Kennels enterprise. Two of them also said Vick participated in executing at least eight underperforming dogs by various means, including drowning and hanging.

The locations of the shelters holding the dogs haven't been disclosed out of concern that the animals could be stolen, Nachminovitch said.

"They are a hot commodity in the world of dogfighting," she said.

Hey lets throw the ass hole in Jail (Which I agree with) then we can just kill all the dogs anyway??? Fuck what is up with our system???

Mac
08-22-2007, 11:30 PM
And the Dilemma gets worse.

Hey lets throw the ass hole in Jail (Which I agree with) then we can just kill all the dogs anyway??? Fuck what is up with our system???
What else can they do with the dogs? Obviously they can't adopt them out. He should also face charges due to the fact they are going to have to put them all down.

I hope he gets gang-raped in prison. It will have to be by inmates who already have herpes though, or by ones who don't care if they get them.

CM PO
08-23-2007, 02:16 AM
Michael Vick playing in the NFL is like Abortion to me. Sure u should have that right, but i dunno if u should. Plus any NFL team deciding to sign him will have to battle the POWERFUL .P.E.T.A. organization. I dont think the NFL want any with em.

Frasedog
08-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Absolutely he should get to play football again. I think all this talk is ridiculous. You want to throw the guy away for years and ban him from football over dogfighting? I like dogs but come on! Were talking about a sport (dogfighting) that in other countries is held in as high a regard as horse racing is here. Yeah its a felony. Yeah it's cruel. So fine the man. Give him a year in prison and move on.

Mac
08-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Absolutely he should get to play football again. I think all this talk is ridiculous. You want to throw the guy away for years and ban him from football over dogfighting? I like dogs but come on! Were talking about a sport (dogfighting) that in other countries is held in as high a regard as horse racing is here. Yeah its a felony. Yeah it's cruel. So fine the man. Give him a year in prison and move on.
You know canibalism is a practice in some societies, so the next guy to eat somebody should just get fined and a year or so in jail?

Frasedog
08-23-2007, 12:29 PM
You know canibalism is a practice in some societies, so the next guy to eat somebody should just get fined and a year or so in jail?
Let's put this into perspective. This has gotten more press than that whole family that was held captive, tortured and murdered (all except the husband) a while ago.

Mac
08-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Let's put this into perspective. This has gotten more press than that whole family that was held captive, tortured and murdered (all except the husband) a while ago.
Hey, I wish this wouldn't get so much press. It would be nice for them to just say Vick pleads guilty lets move on, but ESPN being what it is, they are going to examine every angle of this until it's dead.

scottsec
08-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Exactly...Vick is a peice of shit but i would rather have Vick fighting dogs than driving drunk and no one gets a year in jail and suspended for a year for DUI....

CM PO
08-24-2007, 05:33 AM
If u have a convicted felon on the field do u know how much bad press Goodell would get? So what u prolly say but sponsors pull out and major backlash would be received. Would any player be worth the circus that would become a game with Vick in it?

If u got convicted of a FELONY, how easy would it be to find another job? U view it as no big deal but its still breakin the law and its still a felony. I mean the papers for the case said THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA VS MICHAEL VICK.How much bigger does it get?

error2k5
08-27-2007, 12:56 PM
leonard little who killed a person while drunk, served the time, and received a DUI a few months after killing the person was still allowed to play in the NFL.

mattsoper
08-27-2007, 01:39 PM
he is a piece os shit and an embarressment to the NFL, his team, his family and himself. I will never look at him the same every again and he deserves what every comes to him

But, like many people have said, a life time ban might be a bit harsh. IF he serves 3+ years in prison and get's suspended for a year or two then I would be happy.

and who knows, nobody might want him. I wouldn't be surprised if the falcons release his ass. Any stadium he goes to now the fans will be all over his ass. If his own fans might. Although I did see a fan in atlanta holding a sign that said let Vick play, (which I think is greedy and stupid of that fan). BUt of course there will probably be some owner lookuing for the publicity and sign him to some stupid contract and we will all tune in to watch vick get boo'ed and smashed.

error2k5
08-27-2007, 02:13 PM
leonard little killed a woman while drunk driving and served 90 days in jail. He then got another DUI after that. He still plays in the NFL to this day. Where is the outrage over this? He dosen't get harassed by the fans, he still plays for an nfl team.

Noise Chopped
08-28-2007, 12:29 AM
leonard little killed a woman while drunk driving and served 90 days in jail. He then got another DUI after that. He still plays in the NFL to this day. Where is the outrage over this? He dosen't get harassed by the fans, he still plays for an nfl team.

I don't mean to sound condescending about this, so I'll try to make it clear.

People/the casual fan being reminded who Leonard Little as a response TO the Vick case is why Little isn't being harassed and there isn't as much outrage. The only way people even know who Leonard Little is now is due to the point you're trying to make regarding the Vick case. Literally, the only way people now even know who this Little guy is, is because of a footnote on this whole Vick episode.

Does that make sense? Like, even Vick supporters didn't know who the hell this Little guy was before this big fiasco. And another part of the answer to your question also has to due with this indesputable fact:

Micheal Vick was one of (if not THE) highest paid player in the NFL. Before Vick, the Atlanta Falcons had almost as many seats empty in the stadium as they did being used. You know? To pretend as if Micheal Vick is some regular Joe Schmoe (or Leonard Little) is a little naive. Guess what? If you're as big a star as Vick is/was - You're going to carry as big 'a' scrutiny and attention, REGARDLESS of what you do.

Really, it's like...If some guy down the street was caught in surveillance stealing a car - He's arrested and nobody hears about it. If the President of the United States does it, do you think it outrageous for the media to cover it more? It's only natural - And considering how much the President (and Vick) get paid, very much fair. How people, when given million dollar contracts, DON'T wise the fuck up is beyond me. Especially coming from a similar community, and knowing a LOT of kids/parents/people in the neighborhood who could do wonders with the money Vick had - It just pisses me off.

Having said all that, there is a hypocrasy in the NFL that I wish was covered more. That Leonard Little incident (while standing by the point I made) is fucking nuts, and Goodell not addressing it is a sign of this leagues complete cowardice.

...Fuckin' wrote a lot again, hah. Oh well. :devil:

error2k5
08-28-2007, 01:11 AM

People/the casual fan being reminded who Leonard Little as a response TO the Vick case is why Little isn't being harassed and there isn't as much outrage. The only way people even know who Leonard Little is now is due to the point you're trying to make regarding the Vick case. Literally, the only way people now even know who this Little guy is, is because of a footnote on this whole Vick episode.

Does that make sense? Like, even Vick supporters didn't know who the hell this Little guy was before this big fiasco. And another part of the answer to your question also has to due with this indesputable fact:

Micheal Vick was one of (if not THE) highest paid player in the NFL. Before Vick, the Atlanta Falcons had almost as many seats empty in the stadium as they did being used. You know? To pretend as if Micheal Vick is some regular Joe Schmoe (or Leonard Little) is a little naive. Guess what? If you're as big a star as Vick is/was - You're going to carry as big 'a' scrutiny and attention, REGARDLESS of what you do.

Really, it's like...If some guy down the street was caught in surveillance stealing a car - He's arrested and nobody hears about it. If the President of the United States does it, do you think it outrageous for the media to cover it more? It's only natural - And considering how much the President (and Vick) get paid, very much fair. How people, when given million dollar contracts, DON'T wise the fuck up is beyond me. Especially coming from a similar community, and knowing a LOT of kids/parents/people in the neighborhood who could do wonders with the money Vick had - It just pisses me off.

Having said all that, there is a hypocrasy in the NFL that I wish was covered more. That Leonard Little incident (while standing by the point I made) is fucking nuts, and Goodell not addressing it is a sign of this leagues complete cowardice.

I agree with everything you said. My point was more to those who say vick should receive a lifetime ban from the nfl and that he'll never play again. If that idiot leonard little can do it...anyone can. I just hope Dictator Goodell dosen't go power hungry on this one.

jploans
08-28-2007, 08:29 PM
No way will he be banned for life, regardless of what people think he deserves. I have never been a fan of Vicks QB ability, even though he is an incredible athlete.

He will most likely get a 2 year official ban.

The big question is, what team/position will be available for him after he gets off suspension.

My prediction....he will have to transition to receiver, assuming his speed is still there.

pa99fighter
08-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Alot of people are very disgusted with this entire situation. Most seem to think Vick should be banned from the NFL fof life. I personally think MV is a peice of shit but banned for life??? Im sure there are several players in the NFL that have had a few DUI and people die every year because of drinking and driving. I say punish MV in the courts suspend him and when the man has served his time give him a second chance.
I think jails enough punishment

sandywh
08-28-2007, 09:21 PM

Thats fine, if you don't like the Leonard Littel example (Pro Bowl DE), then how about Jamal Lewis. He just recently served time for a felony conviction relating to drug trafficing.

scottsec
08-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Thats fine, if you don't like the Leonard Littel example (Pro Bowl DE), then how about Jamal Lewis. He just recently served time for a felony conviction relating to drug trafficing.
Little and Lewis were under Tagliabue...thats the difference