PDA

View Full Version : Chuck "Iceman" Liddell vs Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Intellectual
08-09-2006, 09:22 PM
I like these 2 fighters, and both are incredible strikers. If both were at 205, and under Pride or UFC rules, who do you think would win?

I think under Pride, Shogun would take it, but UFC it would go either way.

Your thoughts?

and for those that need to look up sherdog, here you go

Iceman:

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=192

Shogun:

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=5707

CHUCKtheCHAMP
08-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Chuck All The Way....under Pride Or Ufc Rules... Chuck Has Fought And Won In Both And In No Way Did The Ring Or Cage Play Part In His Wins Or Losses...

NinjaShogunRua
08-10-2006, 12:32 AM
If healthy I have to go with Shogun. Not just because I'm a big fan of his, but look what he did in the MWGP last year. No LHW has went through competition like that in a short amount of time. He beat Rampage, Lil Nog, Overeem, and Arona all in a few months span.

Intellectual
08-10-2006, 12:57 AM
If healthy I have to go with Shogun. Not just because I'm a big fan of his, but look what he did in the MWGP last year. No LHW has went through competition like that in a short amount of time. He beat Rampage, Lil Nog, Overeem, and Arona all in a few months span.

true^

vote: Shogun in either UFC or Pride rules

Intellectual
08-10-2006, 02:25 AM
only 3 replies?

Intellectual
08-11-2006, 08:56 AM
i dont understand, i thought we would have a big discussion about this since both have great KO power.

ArMnHC
08-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Chuck

jmcmahan0206
08-11-2006, 05:21 PM
After seeing what Shogun did to Rampage and what Rampage did to Chuck . . I reluctantly go with Shogun as well, he's unbelievably well-rounded

paintstik
08-12-2006, 02:26 AM
Shogun is an animal. I think Chuck would have a shot, but in the end Shogun would take him out.

BritneySpearsGuy
08-12-2006, 03:51 AM
Iceman by knockout. He's been unstoppable lately

JSF1921
08-12-2006, 05:08 AM
Shogun. As always though, Chuck has a puncher's chance.

Salvy_Mic
08-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Shogun has a puncher's chance too; the ledger doesn't read - KO (thumbs up), does it? This should go down who has the better chin, and since neither has been knocked out, well, we'd find some things out, wouldn't we? Chuck's best bet would probably be to swarm him, but mind his hands and keep 'em up when he's not throwing. Don't give Shogun any room to breathe and smother him, I suppose.

redemption
08-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Chuck All The Way....under Pride Or Ufc Rules... Chuck Has Fought And Won In Both And In No Way Did The Ring Or Cage Play Part In His Wins Or Losses...

haha!!!
funny.

Rampage, Nog, Arona.. all beaten by shogun. all would beat chuck. with ease.

Shogun is a lot better on standup and obviously superior on the ground because chucks ground game is 'getting up.' I hope they get a chance to fight because it would be nice to see the ufc hero defeated again. Watch what happens when Wand faces him in november.

Sweetreef
08-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Shogun would destroy. Chuck hasnt fought shit and when he did (Rampage) he got rocked

killerinstinct
08-18-2006, 12:14 AM
Rampage, Nog, Arona.. all beaten by shogun. all would beat chuck. with ease.

lil' Nog not Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira.Don't try and confuse people.I for one think that Chuck could beat Lil' Nog.I don't think Minotoro would be able to take Chuck down to get a submission and I think Chuck would certainly have the edge in standup.I also think Chuck would be able to beat Arona and Rampage in a rematch.IMO Chuck is the best LHW in the world and when/if Chuck vs. Wanderlei ever happens everyone will realize that.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
08-18-2006, 12:22 AM
lil' Nog not Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira.Don't try and confuse people.I for one think that Chuck could beat Lil' Nog.I don't think Minotoro would be able to take Chuck down to get a submission and I think Chuck would certainly have the edge in standup.I also think Chuck would be able to beat Arona and Rampage in a rematch.IMO Chuck is the best LHW in the world and when/if Chuck vs. Wanderlei ever happens everyone will realize that.

YUP YUP...CHUCK WOULD SMASH RAMPAGE IN A REMATCH...

Intellectual
08-18-2006, 12:22 AM

i think Chuck is a great fighter and everything, but people are making seem like he's a God. Same goes for Wanderlei Silva.

and i honestly dont think Chuck can defeat Lil Nog. But Arona he can. Rampage is a maybe.

redemption
08-19-2006, 12:47 AM
[QUOTE=killerinstinct]I also think Chuck would be able to beat Arona /QUOTE]

Did you watch Aronas fight against fedor? I think he wuold win by decision against chuck via lay n pray / mauling him to death.

matto
08-19-2006, 09:27 AM
i was just thinking of this fight, it would be so awesome and too hard to call a winner, i have a question that has been bothering me.

does wanderlei naturally weigh under 205 or does he cut it off? cause he weighed in under 200 pounds a couple of times. and in the 205 devision he has some serious competition, it is flooded with great fighters. some that can beat him some that cant, but if he fought at 185 he would be the best 185 EVER. anderson silva, and franklin would get destroyed, the only real competition he would really have would be henderson. i dont care who the crow, mike swick, and all other ufc and pride 185's would get creamed, except for henderson he would do pritty good. but at 205 there is so much competition not just for wand but for chuck too. there arent many fighters that fight at there natural weight excluding a lot of heavyweights, u should always try and cut down as much as u can. it would be cool to see fedor fight at 205 and take on guys like wand and chuck and other top 205's cause the hw devisions in the ufc and pride in my opinion r kinda boring.

matto
08-19-2006, 09:38 AM
i think that chuck would beat rampage in a rematch too, and if he beats wand then there isnt a question unless for some reason fedor came down to lhw which i doubt since he dominates the hw devision then he might be able to beat chuck. some people dont realize how hard chuck is able to take down. im not one for excuses and dont like people who are always trying to use them, but both 52 and 57 randy lost for unfair reasons. i was always upset about 52 but it really hadent sunk in about 57 until it reaired on unleashed. at 52 randy was poked in the eye and it severly blurred his vision, everybody acted like it was nothing, but they dont realize how much that distorted randys vision. chuck couldnt have hoped for anything more then for randy to screw up his vision. its IMPOSSIBLE to beat a top notch striker like chuck liddell with fucked up vision. randy took it like a man and pretened like it didnt matter, but i dont care how good chuck is if randys had his normal vision he wouldnt have just walked right into chuck's punch, right after the fight was started again he got ko'ed. doesnt that seem odd to anybody? and at 59 sure chuck might have ko'ed randy eventually that night, but it was crystal clear that randy slipped and the chuck threw the ko punch while randy slipped. its fuckin bs randy never lost to chuck under normal circumstnaces. at 52 he got poked in the eye and at 57 i guess u could blame on fate for makeing him slip and chuck capitalized on it. before chuck vs. randy was mir vs cruz where mir was bleeding a lot and the riggs vs. diaz fight where they both were bleeding a lot. it was one of the bloodiest ufc's ever and that made the ring slipperly, i doubt anyone will agree with me but i want to see randy vs. chuck again without any bs.

killerinstinct
08-19-2006, 09:40 PM
the hw devisions in the ufc and pride in my opinion r kinda boring.
HW in Pride is one of the best divisions in the world.How can you call Nog,Crocop,Barnett,the Emielenako brothers,Hunt, among many others boring?The UFC HW division may not be the best in the world ,but they do have some exciting fighters.Gilbert Aldana is exciting.Cheik Kongo looks exciting,AA is exciting,Mir is a good fighter to watch,Sylvia is a good fighter to watch,Monson and Vera are good fighters to watch.Maybe you just don't like the big guys.I don't think they're boring.

killerinstinct
08-19-2006, 09:43 PM
i think that chuck would beat rampage in a rematch too, and if he beats wand then there isnt a question unless for some reason fedor came down to lhw which i doubt since he dominates the hw devision then he might be able to beat chuck. some people dont realize how hard chuck is able to take down. im not one for excuses and dont like people who are always trying to use them, but both 52 and 57 randy lost for unfair reasons. i was always upset about 52 but it really hadent sunk in about 57 until it reaired on unleashed. at 52 randy was poked in the eye and it severly blurred his vision, everybody acted like it was nothing, but they dont realize how much that distorted randys vision. chuck couldnt have hoped for anything more then for randy to screw up his vision. its IMPOSSIBLE to beat a top notch striker like chuck liddell with fucked up vision. randy took it like a man and pretened like it didnt matter, but i dont care how good chuck is if randys had his normal vision he wouldnt have just walked right into chuck's punch, right after the fight was started again he got ko'ed. doesnt that seem odd to anybody? and at 59 sure chuck might have ko'ed randy eventually that night, but it was crystal clear that randy slipped and the chuck threw the ko punch while randy slipped. its fuckin bs randy never lost to chuck under normal circumstnaces. at 52 he got poked in the eye and at 57 i guess u could blame on fate for makeing him slip and chuck capitalized on it. before chuck vs. randy was mir vs cruz where mir was bleeding a lot and the riggs vs. diaz fight where they both were bleeding a lot. it was one of the bloodiest ufc's ever and that made the ring slipperly, i doubt anyone will agree with me but i want to see randy vs. chuck again without any bs.
You kind of strayed off topic a lot here ,but I agree with a lot of the things you said.The eye poke in Randy/Chuck 2 greatly effected the outcome of that fight.It looked to me like the eye poke was very intentional and plus it screwed up Randy's game plan ,b/c it angered him and in Randy/Chuck 3 Randy was winning that fight untill he slipped.I'd love to see a rematch.Randy Couture is my hero and I'd love to see in the octagon one last time.

Intellectual
08-19-2006, 09:49 PM
i still think Randy is better than Couture. Those 2 loses were bad luck on Randy's side.

killerinstinct
08-19-2006, 09:51 PM
i still think Randy is better than Couture. Those 2 loses were bad luck on Randy's side.
You think Randy is better than Couture?:confusedsmilie:He's better than himself?

binimac
08-22-2006, 09:04 PM
could be an incredible fight, if i had to choose chuck in a cage, shogun in a ring

sorry but i really cant call this one but a great fight

Intellectual
08-22-2006, 09:38 PM
You think Randy is better than Couture?:confusedsmilie:He's better than himself?

:lmfao: i meant Randy is better than Chuck

killerinstinct
08-22-2006, 10:22 PM
:lmfao: i meant Randy is better than Chuck
I was just giving you a hard time man.

Intellectual
08-23-2006, 01:20 AM
I was just giving you a hard time man.

yea i know man but still hilarious