PDA

View Full Version : K-1 World Max 2007 Finals

valheruking
08-22-2007, 09:50 PM
October 3rd - DO NOT MISS
Poster by AL3X1S
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t275/valheruking/maxfinal07zw7.jpg

Holy hell, do not not miss this event even if you only have a passing interest in K-1, you would have a hard time finding an mma card as solid as this.
For those not familiar, it is a 1 night elimination style event, which means any of the 8 guys pictured above could be crowned the 2007 K-1 Max champion, the biggest title in kickboxing right now.

Have you seen the first fight? :ahh:
Buakaw vs Masato (my av vs my sig lol), both coming in fresh in the first fight and going at it, too good.
And yes that is Gago Drago scheduled to Fight Andy Souwer, he was given a wild card placing, so his great fight with Zambidis wasnt in vain.

All of these fighters are big names, with the exception of Kyshenko perhaps as he is still new, but even he is recieving hype in Japan.
I would like for Souwer to win this as he s a good fighter and i think he can do it again. But I'd be happy if Souwer, Buakaw or Masato wins ( probably about a 95% chance this will happen), but with Zambidis' crazy knockout power and speed in his hands, Kraus' solid hands combined with good legs and Dragos sometimes crazy style, who knows what will happen.
Also keep a look out for Hiroya on the undercard, some great potential there, could be a furure champ, the dude is only 15, his opponent Kwan is 18 and will be his hardest opponent to date.

This has the potential to be the best K-1 event in long time and is easily the best event of the year, dont miss it, hopefully we can find a stream or something for that night, but at least the fights will be up for download pretty soon after.

neonatural45
08-22-2007, 09:58 PM
amazing card

Im pulling for Zambidis to win the whole thing but I think that the odds of him winning are slight

Buakaw vs Masato is the definition of a dream match

valheruking
08-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Hey Zambidis on his day is definately capable of winning the title, guy is really strong and has the potential to ko any of these guys, his height and compact size, altough helpful in the power it helps him generate, is also a disadvantage when it comes to someone like Buakaw who can keep him at range using his legs as can someone who has as big an advantage in height as Sato (5"5 vs 6"1/2), both of these guys have beaten Mike due to these reasons and he could meet them again in this tournament, but if Zambidis turns up on form, he has a good chance.

And yeah Masato vs Buakaw really is a dream match, Buakaw already schooled him, but in fairness Masato wasnt at 100% as he had a very tough previous fight and came in with black eyes and sore ribs to fight Buakaw.
This time it is both of there first fights and they will be 100%, should be great, if Masato wants to win this thing again, this is as good a chance as he can get, he is able to fight Buakaw at 100% and then i would have him as favourite against anyone else he would have to fight that night besides Souwer, who he is still very capapable of beating.

So many people want Masato to win (along with 95% of Japan lol), should be a great atmosphere and a great fight.
And it is an excellent card all-round, hard to beat.

Submissionist
08-22-2007, 10:41 PM
This is unbelievable. So many good fights.
Pulling for Zambidis, Buakaw and Drago.

Anyone else notice Zambidis has hole in his back like Nog?

udenied
09-08-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't follow k-1 that much but what a great card!